**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why are 4 stars not allowed in Act 6?

Comments

• Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★

Ok not in favor of the decision to ban 4*
    But jumping on the “cash” bandwagon doesn’t prove anything. Rng plays a role but in time you can get champs it’s also permanent content. You don’t have to spend, and you also don’t have to rely on youtubers to make your claims

Exactly how do you know in time you'll get those champs how about if rng doesn't let you get these counters
  • Options

It’s also that the content is not exclusive to certain champs. Only certain fights are. So you can do the content, sinister is just an exception since it’s an outlier. And rewording and what I said at the end even more ignorant

I didn't reword anything you're telling him not to rely on youtubers claims which is ignorant as you don't if he is doing so or not and you even admit yourself that the sinister fight road blocked way too many players just because they don't have certain champs which shouldn't be the case and same thing for the crossbones in 6.1
  • Options

Zuro said:

And claiming that people only complain because of youtubers is ignorant

Definitely not reworded at all
    As I said sinister is an outlier it is not reflective of the chapter as a whole. The champion boss has more counters than him
    That doesn't matter 8f he is the only one even though he isn't as I mention so is crossbones those fights requires roster over skill which should not be the case
  • Options

Zuro said:

And claiming that people only complain because of youtubers is ignorant

Definitely not reworded at all
    As I said sinister is an outlier it is not reflective of the chapter as a whole. The champion boss has more counters than him
    And as I mentioned before I didn't reword it you clearly told him not to rely on youtubers for your claims so how am I rewording in it
  • Options
    That is the same thing in both statements I made
  • Options
    Your claiming they are relying on youtubers to complain i just say it differently with the same meaning
  • Options

Zuro said:

That is the same thing in both statements I made

How is it the same? in one you said that the cause of a person to make a claim is directly caused by a YouTuber. Meaning they are exclusive to people who watch YouTube
    What I said was strictly on the bases of a claim, not the causality of the situation
    Well the way you said it made it sound that way.
    "you also don’t have to rely on youtubers to make your claims"

What you said here made it seem that you're claiming this arguement is stemming from youtubers as you said they shouldn't rely on youtubers for claims
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Yeah, its ability called seeing through bs

No. That's a typical reaction to any decision that people aren't happy about. "Money grab....milk the Whales...slap in the face..."....goes on and on. There are reasons to things and it's not just to empty the pockets of people playing. There's an entire game to balance when designing these things, and that includes things to come. We're not playing in a bubble. The game is comprised of many interconnected parts, and those parts affect the whole. People ask why and when they get the response, some still don't hear it, and just say it's all about money. Lol.
    because it is about money
    I can assure you, the Devs do not make every decision with money as their sole motivator. They have a game to balance. Money might be part of the game, but it's not on the mind of every cog in the machine.
    Explain how removing 4 stars make balance
    When you're designing the next level of content which comes with Resources that build up to introducing a new level of Rarity, part of that is making sure that new level isn't introduced into Rosters which aren't adequately advanced enough. It's not so much about removing 4*s as it is about filtering how progressed the people moving forward are. In their own words, they explained that they didn't want people to have added frustration. Which I agree. I also came to the understanding myself that there are a number of other reasons for this, none of which have to do with money. Besides the obvious, that it's Act 6 and 4*s shouldn't be cutting it anymore, you also have access to Cavalier-level Rewards. Which bypass a great deal of work and progression for people who could potentially just have a few OP Synergies and not much else built for 5* and 6* Rosters. Then there's the R3 issue. There's also the need to separate the lump of people between UC and Cavalier, which has a varied range. Bottom line is, it's not meant to be done with average Rosters. Then with 6.2 you need a very specific Roster. All of this is to ensure people are far enough along in progress.
    Even you said your self that you need a specific roster to do 6.2 and what happens when you don't have that roster you struggle and encouraged to buy crystals to obtain these certain champs or spam revives which both cost some sort of currency rather than it actually being based on skill anymore it based on what champs you have which is stupid because not everyone has the same luck.For example I know people wayyy better than me who still haven't beaten the 6.1 crossbones when I have because I was lucky enough to obtain champ to counter him will other people who are way better than me are still struggling which should never be the case and same for the 6.2 sinister which road blocked so many people also as that fight rarely requires skill it just requires these very specific counters which is unfair
    You wait until you pull what you need and keep playing in the meantime. It's permanent.
  • Options

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

No. That's a typical reaction to any decision that people aren't happy about. "Money grab....milk the Whales...slap in the face..."....goes on and on. There are reasons to things and it's not just to empty the pockets of people playing. There's an entire game to balance when designing these things, and that includes things to come. We're not playing in a bubble. The game is comprised of many interconnected parts, and those parts affect the whole. People ask why and when they get the response, some still don't hear it, and just say it's all about money. Lol.
    I can assure you, the Devs do not make every decision with money as their sole motivator. They have a game to balance. Money might be part of the game, but it's not on the mind of every cog in the machine.
    When you're designing the next level of content which comes with Resources that build up to introducing a new level of Rarity, part of that is making sure that new level isn't introduced into Rosters which aren't adequately advanced enough. It's not so much about removing 4*s as it is about filtering how progressed the people moving forward are. In their own words, they explained that they didn't want people to have added frustration. Which I agree. I also came to the understanding myself that there are a number of other reasons for this, none of which have to do with money. Besides the obvious, that it's Act 6 and 4*s shouldn't be cutting it anymore, you also have access to Cavalier-level Rewards. Which bypass a great deal of work and progression for people who could potentially just have a few OP Synergies and not much else built for 5* and 6* Rosters. Then there's the R3 issue. There's also the need to separate the lump of people between UC and Cavalier, which has a varied range. Bottom line is, it's not meant to be done with average Rosters. Then with 6.2 you need a very specific Roster. All of this is to ensure people are far enough along in progress.
    Even you said your self that you need a specific roster to do 6.2 and what happens when you don't have that roster you struggle and encouraged to buy crystals to obtain these certain champs or spam revives which both cost some sort of currency rather than it actually being based on skill anymore it based on what champs you have which is stupid because not everyone has the same luck.For example I know people wayyy better than me who still haven't beaten the 6.1 crossbones when I have because I was lucky enough to obtain champ to counter him will other people who are way better than me are still struggling which should never be the case and same for the 6.2 sinister which road blocked so many people also as that fight rarely requires skill it just requires these very specific counters which is unfair
    You wait until you pull what you need and keep playing in the meantime. It's permanent.
    You shouldn’t need to wait if you're skillfully ready for act 6 like I'm fine with gates but some of these enemies just limit so many skillful players only because the champs that they have and not their skill
  • Options

Ultra8529 said:

You can "assure" us? How? Do you know this as a matter of fact?

Otherwise you are just guessing, that is not an assurance; that is an attempt at persuasion.
    grounded wisdom seems to not know much and it makes me wonder where he is even getting any of this nonsensical stuff
    I know a great deal, actually. I'm not getting into the whole "Your opinion is not fact." debate. It's redundant. We're all here talking about our own opinions and none of us are more factual than anyone. I'm also not biased, and if the goal was just to make money, I'd acknowledge that. That's not the point of the restrictions at all. People call it common knowledge, but that's literally just a common reaction. Everything unwanted is called a money grab.
  • Options
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

You shouldn’t need to wait if you're skillfully ready for act 6 like I'm fine with gates but some of these enemies just limit so many skillful players only because the champs that they have and not their skill
    You should absolutely have to wait sometimes when new challenges are added. Otherwise, there's not much challenge to it. Waiting to pull what we need is a part of the game.
  • Options

Ultra8529 said:

You can "assure" us? How? Do you know this as a matter of fact?

Otherwise you are just guessing, that is not an assurance; that is an attempt at persuasion.
    grounded wisdom seems to not know much and it makes me wonder where he is even getting any of this nonsensical stuff
    I know a great deal, actually. I'm not getting into the whole "Your opinion is not fact." debate. It's redundant. We're all here talking about our own opinions and none of us are more factual than anyone. I'm also not biased, and if the goal was just to make money, I'd acknowledge that. That's not the point of the restrictions at all. People call it common knowledge, but that's literally just a common reaction. Everything unwanted is called a money grab.
    then show it
    Huh?
  • Options

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

You should absolutely have to wait sometimes when new challenges are added. Otherwise, there's not much challenge to it. Waiting to pull what we need is a part of the game.
    Don't get wrong n you should always have to wait with new challenges but you should only be waiting if you're skill level doesnt match the content not if you're roster doesn't have certain characters
  • Options
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Don't get wrong n you should always have to wait with new challenges but you should only be waiting if you're skill level doesnt match the content not if you're roster doesn't have certain characters
    Take an Account with some OP 4*s, a handful of 5*s and 1 or 2 6*s. Drop them into Cavalier, what does that do to progression at their level? Add R3 6*s to that. It's Act 6. It's not meant to be done as easily as Uncollected. That, you could use what you wanted and just Rev enough times.
  • Options

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Take an Account with some OP 4*s, a handful of 5*s and 1 or 2 6*s. Drop them into Cavalier, what does that do to progression at their level? Add R3 6*s to that. It's Act 6. It's not meant to be done as easily as Uncollected. That, you could use what you wanted and just Rev enough times.
    No one said it has to be easy as Uncollected if anything why couldn't make gates for certain paths rather than banning them as a whole
  • Options
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

No one said it has to be easy as Uncollected if anything why couldn't make gates for certain paths rather than banning them as a whole
    Simple. It's much, much easier to get 4*s than 5*s. That's kind of the point. As I said, obtaining the Champs we need is still part of the challenge.
  • Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    The four star restriction is not about money only. Players are not forced to spend on crystals. It is to help make the content last longer if only a few can pass the gate at any given time. In the past once new content is dropped players will beat it ASAP with skill or just buying there way thru. Now we have content that takes longer and more thinking.
  • Options
    DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom is absolutely right. He never said he LIKES the idea, but he hit on the nose. Ultimately, the reasoning behind separating players according to progression is MONEY. Idk why you guys disagree with him besides he never mentioned money, but what he does mention absolutely relates to $$$.
This discussion has been closed.