**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why are 4 stars not allowed in Act 6?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Yeah, its ability called seeing through bs

No. That's a typical reaction to any decision that people aren't happy about. "Money grab....milk the Whales...slap in the face..."....goes on and on. There are reasons to things and it's not just to empty the pockets of people playing. There's an entire game to balance when designing these things, and that includes things to come. We're not playing in a bubble. The game is comprised of many interconnected parts, and those parts affect the whole. People ask why and when they get the response, some still don't hear it, and just say it's all about money. Lol.

No. That's a typical reaction to any decision that people aren't happy about. "Money grab....milk the Whales...slap in the face..."....goes on and on. There are reasons to things and it's not just to empty the pockets of people playing. There's an entire game to balance when designing these things, and that includes things to come. We're not playing in a bubble. The game is comprised of many interconnected parts, and those parts affect the whole. People ask why and when they get the response, some still don't hear it, and just say it's all about money. Lol.
    because it is about money
    I can assure you, the Devs do not make every decision with money as their sole motivator. They have a game to balance. Money might be part of the game, but it's not on the mind of every cog in the machine.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    Okay you guys want 4 stars in act 6??? Most people couldn't even defeat the champions with a whole team of 5/65s. And there will be even harder bosses yet to come.
    edited July 2019
    Zuro said:

I can assure you, the Devs do not make every decision with money as their sole motivator. They have a game to balance. Money might be part of the game, but it's not on the mind of every cog in the machine.
    Explain how removing 4 stars make balance
    When you're designing the next level of content which comes with Resources that build up to introducing a new level of Rarity, part of that is making sure that new level isn't introduced into Rosters which aren't adequately advanced enough. It's not so much about removing 4*s as it is about filtering how progressed the people moving forward are. In their own words, they explained that they didn't want people to have added frustration. Which I agree. I also came to the understanding myself that there are a number of other reasons for this, none of which have to do with money. Besides the obvious, that it's Act 6 and 4*s shouldn't be cutting it anymore, you also have access to Cavalier-level Rewards. Which bypass a great deal of work and progression for people who could potentially just have a few OP Synergies and not much else built for 5* and 6* Rosters. Then there's the R3 issue. There's also the need to separate the lump of people between UC and Cavalier, which has a varied range. Bottom line is, it's not meant to be done with average Rosters. Then with 6.2 you need a very specific Roster. All of this is to ensure people are far enough along in progress.
    You're not giving any information, you're just saying it's all about the money over and over. No matter how many times you say it, I'm not going to see it that way because it's not about the money at all. All that translates into on my end is, "I don't like it.".
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Okay you guys want 4 stars in act 6??? Most people couldn't even defeat the champions with a whole team of 5/65s. And there will be even harder bosses yet to come.

Well a 4* ghost would do a lot better for Icarus then most 5* so there you go
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Look, the 4* restriction for act 6 isn't nessecary at all. It also isn't nessecarily a good or bad thing.

First and foremost it is a progression gate. This game revolves around progression, meaning overall progression not just story progression.
    Judging from the available ressources you get from playing the game in relation to the overall difficulty curve, the game expects you to have a good amount of 5* and even some 6* champs once you've reached act 6. And since there is this expected progression curve you need to consider that the game expects you to do stuff like act 5 exploration before attempting to do act 6.
    Essentially you seem to be expected to do practically everything that came before act 6 before doing act 6, since all of that should prepare both your skills and your roster for the challenges to come.

Now, please keep in mind I'm not saying this is a good thing. But it does fit the overall "narrative" of the games progression curve.
    Yes, with a fair amount of luck you could pull the best 4* and 5* champs early, rush through act 5 and immediately tackle act 6, but those restrictions make it clear that you aren't supposed to.

Most games work exactly the same, as in you need to at least kill these 4 bosses before you can even reach the end boss, although with enough skill you could beat the end boss right after starting a new game.

Now is it about money?
    That really depends on the individual case. It certainly doesn't need to be. There's a lot to do before act 6, which means there's a lot of resources one can acquire simply by following the expected progression curve.
    In an ideal scenario with a good amount of leeway the expected progression curve should definitely prepare your roster for act 6.
    All things considered I would say it's wrong to generally say it's about money. A really unlucky player that did every piece of content before act 6, maybe leaving out labyrinth since that player lacks any kind of good champ, might feel forced to spend money in order to maybe get some better champs.

But I'd assume in most cases people are simply impatient.
    I'd love to see some actual data on this, but I would assume that now more people become uncollected before exploring act 4 than let's say one or two years ago.
    And it will probably be the same with act 5 exploration and 6.1 completion. I mean, I already had 2 6* champs before completing act 5.
    People seem to feel pressured, but most of them don't really need to.

I can only speak for myself of course, but I don't feel like I'm justified to call it a cash grab before I did everything available to me right now to try and prepare myself for act 6.
    I certainly could have grinded arena for quite a long time or bought some odins in order to simply push through act 6 right after finishing act 5, but I'm simply not willing to do so.

There's still a lot of stuff for me to do and therefore a lot of opportunities to get my roster ready for 6.1.
    But, at least in my case, being allowed to bring 4* champs wouldn't magically allow me to get through it without still spending units and or money.

For others it might make a difference, though.

Just my thoughts, you're absolutely welcome to disagree. Thanks for reading and have an awesome day.

This is close to how I feel. It's easier than ever for a newer player to get a lucky 5* pull, say a ghost or domino, and slap in some 3* synergy champs and fly through act 5. The gates just stop someone from being able to get lucky once or twice and fly through the same content as someone who's been playing for 4 years.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I'm one of the few that likes the gates I think. The one change I would like to see that would help some though, is the implementation of a 5* basic arena
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    So people have to spend to get five and six star champions naturally.
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★

OH REALLY THEN HOW DOES A BUSINESS SURVIVE?????
This discussion has been closed.