**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Season and off season war

roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
Am I correct to thinking like this?

Season - you try your best and end in gold 1

Off season - you were in tier12 but managed to move up to tier 5 before the season started and started to fight against harder opponents.

Season - while being in tier5 you are still in gold 1 regardless as the off season and on season is two different system

Or I’m missing something? Me and my friends in LINE group chat and discussion about this and while a few is saying different things we are kinda unsure what right and what’s wrong. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    Anyone?
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,632 Guardian
    No (sort of). When new season starts, you are technically NOT in any Gold/Silver Level until you start to earn points from completing those new Season wars. You start at 0 Points at beginning of each Season.

What does carry over (but it also includes the offseason) is your War Rating, which determines which Tier Map and Multiplier you get for the wars. But as far as POINTS go (which determines Gold/Silver/etc) those are Reset every Season.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    It’s not logical, it’s two different system and the ranking in the season shouldnt affect the off season?
  • cling2cling2 Posts: 36
    It should tho, otherwise how to determine what map you get? amiright?
  • cling2cling2 Posts: 36
    Oh. and then to add to this, I just found this
    post, here. Which seems backwards, why not make that the other way around!? Give the underdogs a fighting chance ffs
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,632 Guardian
    edited July 2019
    Even with the new change (which had been suggested previously by a lot of ppl) that War Rating is now locked during offseason for higher alliances...

...the point is that you don't actually “carry-over” or even “continue to be” in any particular Gold/Silver/etc to start a new Season, because Gold/Silver/etc is based on the actual Points you receive from each war. Those always Reset to 0 to start each new Season (different from War Rating), just like Wins/Losses Reset every season for Sports teams.