Compensation for the Issues that we experienced on November 8th and the rewards that were unable to be claimed due to those issues are being sent out via in-game mail on November 15. Alliance War season rewards will be sent out on approximately November 20. Leaving your Alliance prior to this will result in missing out on your season rewards.

Are we ever gonna get more levels? Masteries? Mastery points?

DalBotDalBot Posts: 936 ★★★★
With all that gets changed with the game, I'm curious if these aspects will ever see change. It's literally been years since any of these have been touched. Pretty sure I've been at level 60 for at least 3 years now, no new masteries in at least 1.5-2 years and I've got experience boost items coming at me left and right.

Any thoughts on if we will see a change any time soon?
«13

Comments

  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 936 ★★★★
    Actually looking back it looks like it was three years ago this month that we got despair/deep wounds/assassin/unfazed
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 936 ★★★★
    Would love to have a saved mastery configuration that you could just default back to at any time (with resources taken of course)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,482 ★★★★★
    Well, they just responded not too long ago and said they have no plans at the moment, but they would try to open the floor up to it again with the team. That's about all the news there is.
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 347 ★★
    One of the new masteries arriving soon will allow to bypass indestructible charges. The same ability that Dr Doom will have. You will see...

  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 936 ★★★★
    Not sure we'll see anything that bypasses indestructible, same as I doubt anything will be introduced to bypass degeneration
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 936 ★★★★
    doctorb said:

    We should be able to recover mastery points one at a time instead of clearing the entire board

    Completely agree. Reorganising masteries every time is tedious and redundant.
  • HoündHoünd Posts: 14
    Agree with the comments on points, waste a lot of units to change.

    Also, if we can have bleed extension with deep wounds, or coagulate to stop bleed, or salve/recovery/wp for heal, then why no incinerate or shock enhancements?
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 982 ★★★
    DalBot said:

    The problem is these are core aspects of the game that haven't been addressed in years. We get new events and new sales all the time but the building blocks for success have been unaltered since 2016.

    Skill mastery still maxes out at 3 but has 2 more levels......been ignored forever. In fact only mastery class specific worth getting is really Mystic. Would love if they actually made them useful. Mutant, Skill, Cosmic and Science are a joke.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 936 ★★★★
    I seriously don't get why these two significant aspects of the game seem to get ignored 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,663 Guardian
    DalBot said:

    I seriously don't get why these two significant aspects of the game seem to get ignored 🤷🏻‍♂️

    When 6* champions came out, I don't recall lots of people saying they were ignoring the star rating system, and it was long past due that they add more star tiers. And it has been a while since they added the 6* tier, I don't see a lot of people saying they are ignoring the star system again.

    You probably see it differently, but the devs don't. They aren't ignoring masteries, they just don't have any sufficiently good idea or perceive any sufficiently important requirement to implement new ones at the moment. Just like they aren't ignoring the star system, they add new star tiers only when they feel it is necessary. There's no imperative to expand the system on a schedule.

    It is really that simple. There's nothing to "get" beyond that. In a sense, asking why they re ignoring masteries is like asking why they ignored the Fantastic Four for so long. They didn't ignore the FF, they were just doing other things until. It isn't more complicated than that.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 936 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

    DalBot said:

    I seriously don't get why these two significant aspects of the game seem to get ignored 🤷🏻‍♂️

    When 6* champions came out, I don't recall lots of people saying they were ignoring the star rating system, and it was long past due that they add more star tiers. And it has been a while since they added the 6* tier, I don't see a lot of people saying they are ignoring the star system again.

    You probably see it differently, but the devs don't. They aren't ignoring masteries, they just don't have any sufficiently good idea or perceive any sufficiently important requirement to implement new ones at the moment. Just like they aren't ignoring the star system, they add new star tiers only when they feel it is necessary. There's no imperative to expand the system on a schedule.

    It is really that simple. There's nothing to "get" beyond that. In a sense, asking why they re ignoring masteries is like asking why they ignored the Fantastic Four for so long. They didn't ignore the FF, they were just doing other things until. It isn't more complicated than that.
    You're comparing apples to Orangutans. 5* was introduced only a bit before the last mastery update and 6* also introduced in much more recent times.

    Masteries are the foundation for success in this game and they've been neglected for 3 years now. The same thing with summoner levels, you know, the way you access more mastery points. Those two aspects of the game have been lacking because, well, there just isn't as much money in updating them are there is in giving us 2 new champs a month to splurge money on.

    Think about it this way, you can work your way up to 60 in a month or two and then... nothing. Many of us have been level 60 for 3 years. It's time for a review on how to freshen these aspects of the challenge.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,663 Guardian
    DalBot said:

    Masteries are the foundation for success in this game and they've been neglected for 3 years now.

    So you believe. I'm only explaining to you why you don't "get' what's happening. If you don't accept how progressional games work, that just means you won't ever get it. It is what it is.

    If you want an unlimited progress game, perhaps you should consider ProgressQuest. At least, I think it is unlimited progress. As far as I'm aware, it is the only unlimited progress game. Sort of.

    Everyone always thinks design decisions they don't like are about money. But subscription MMOs that had no way to monetize those decisions also had level caps and tree caps, and for exactly the same reasons this one does.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 936 ★★★★
    Who ever said anything about "unlimited progress"? Way to hyperbolize there bud.

    It's called creating new objectives for a system that has been stale for three plus years.

    I know you have some sort of compulsion to stick up for Kabam by any means necessary but that wasn't good at all
  • LrrrrLrrrr Posts: 202 ★★
    They’ll get to revamping masteries about the time they circle back to bases.
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 154
    The only way Kabam is going to expand levels and masteries is if they see a profit making benefit for them. I'm sure they have put a lot of thought into how that could happen but maybe cannot come up with an answer.

    So. If any of you geniouses out there can think of way to make both Kabam and the players happy then let's hear it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,482 ★★★★★
    It has nothing to do with profit. When you add more Levels and Mastery Points, you have to look at overall effects of the game. It's not just a matter of adding more. You have to look at entire systems.
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 154
    Can you give an example Grounded wisdom?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,482 ★★★★★
    Well, there is a set amount that allows a variety of setups. Those setups are limited. If you increase Mastery Points, those setups become potentially more powerful. That affects everything from Attack to Defense to PI. It can have an effect on everything from the Arena to content. It's a bit more complex than just adding more.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,663 Guardian
    DalBot said:

    Who ever said anything about "unlimited progress"? Way to hyperbolize there bud.

    It's called creating new objectives for a system that has been stale for three plus years.

    I know you have some sort of compulsion to stick up for Kabam by any means necessary but that wasn't good at all

    I know you can only attack people by associating them with Kabam defenders, but good luck making that stick.

    And who said anything about unlimited progress? You did, when you said that levels and masteries were core elements to game progress and therefore should be expanded regularly to expand the game. That's the only reasonable interpretation to the assertion that if they haven't been touched within a certain period of time then it is overdue. Unless you meant that not changing levels and masteries after a period of time was problematic, now, but magically wouldn't be after the next time they were unchanged for a similar period of time.
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 925 ★★★
    Graydrox said:

    Can you give an example Grounded wisdom?

    I think what he’s getting at is that adding too many more levels (namely mastery points) could end up being too good. Full assassin, deep wounds, suicides, willpower, and all the stun abilities, maybe with MD on top could make some characters MUCH more powerful than intended. And adding more masteries could cause balance issues, as they’d either add useless masteries (probably not) or desirable ones which many players will likely want/need for some battles, say maybe degeneration damage resistance or something like that, something players would want to invest in. It’d upset the current system if done wrong, so they’re probably not gonna bother for a while because of how hard it’d be to get it right and not add a totally new circle to meta hell
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,482 ★★★★★
    In a manner of speaking, yes. That's about it. Lol. I just meant it's not an easy undertaking.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 936 ★★★★
    edited July 24
    DNA3000 said:


    I know you can only attack people by associating them with Kabam defenders, but good luck making that stick.

    And who said anything about unlimited progress? You did, when you said that levels and masteries were core elements to game progress and therefore should be expanded regularly to expand the game. That's the only reasonable interpretation to the assertion that if they haven't been touched within a certain period of time then it is overdue. Unless you meant that not changing levels and masteries after a period of time was problematic, now, but magically wouldn't be after the next time they were unchanged for a similar period of time.

    If you think hyperbole and unfounded generalization is the key to success then you do you boo-boo.

    And if you think not enhancing on the fundamentals of a dynamic changing mobile environment for over 3 plus years is good and not at all stale, cool for you.

    I think keeping things fresh, or at least moving forward with the times, isn't a terrible idea. Maybe increase the level maximum to 65 or 70 and add some new masteries the same way they keep adding new nodes.

    I'll wait for your next grandiose overreaction
  • TheSpicyKnightTheSpicyKnight Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Honestly, I think it would be better if they set it up like Destiny. Once you hit the level cap you can still gain XP like you normally would except when you hit the max it just resets and grants you a small reward. In D2 it was something like 5 motes of light I think. I just remember that it was small enough to hardly affect the game in a negative way but good enough to have. In MCOC's case, it could be an energy refill and MAYBE 5-10 units.
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 154

    Well, there is a set amount that allows a variety of setups. Those setups are limited. If you increase Mastery Points, those setups become potentially more powerful. That affects everything from Attack to Defense to PI. It can have an effect on everything from the Arena to content. It's a bit more complex than just adding more.

    Ok, I understand the mismatches that can occur If an alliance of low levels fight and alliance of level 70s and there masteries are just too much to handle. But that should not even be a likely situation in the first place.

    War needs to be fixed. It needs to have a tiered system just like everything else. Normal, heroic, master, uncollected and cavalier. But that's a different topic that I can share ideas about.

    The fact of the matter is that players should be able to gain levels beyond 60
    Maybe the new levels are attained at a much slower rate than previous. That's fine. But still players should have that to look forward to.

    The game is expanding is many ways. So is the skill of the players and the story material. Why would something else that a player had gotten used to expanding all of a sudden lock for good?

    Another aspect to think about is the players who just aren't that good at the game. If anything, the expanded masteries and energy will give them something else to set them apart from players who have only played for a year.

    I know there is a delicate balance to the game, but they are gonna have to give veteran players some kind of advantage outside of skill over the newer players.
Sign In or Register to comment.