**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

The most ridiculous node idea...

Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
So I was farming potions in Realm of Legends with Domino, as you do... and my brain decided to do the weird-ass things that one's brain tends to do from time to time; come up with the most ridiculous idea that could possibly happen...
So here's a weird idea for a concept for a node. Basically, something happens when the opponent gets punched in the face.

Like actually punched IN THE FACE SPECIFICALLY.
Basically, if a certain attack was tagged as being an attack that hit somebody on the head in some way (so like an overhead slash or something), then a certain effect would trigger.
Yes I know this isn't exactly that reasonable necessarily as something for Kabam to implement, due to the fact that they'd have to go through EVERY attack that EVERY champion has, and put more information on them... But I wanted to express the weirdness that is my brain to at least this small section of the internet.

Have you guys ever had any ridiculous ideas pertaining to MCOC? Whether it's a certain character that you can legitimately imagine a full animation set and list of abilities for, a certain node that works off a ridiculous concept, or something else, leave your ridiculous ideas here. And they will be cared for. I will personally make sure that they are given three meals a day and a proper education. :p

Comments

• VatrisVatris Posts: 247 ★★
    edited July 2019

I had a weird thought once of a node that turned the screen blank and you had to rely on sound to fight.

Hell to the naw bruh 😂😂
  • Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★
    I have a better node idea. It’s called Comic Accuracy. All champions are given the full potential of how they are represented in their comics.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

I had a weird thought once of a node that turned the screen blank and you had to rely on sound to fight.

Yooo your crazy idea just gave me a crazy idea, what if using Daredevil made your Screen Blank and made you rely on his Radar Sense?!

The blank screen could be a good idea
    If a person phone is able to it can be a vibration thing.
    Ex) when the opponent dashes in its a vibration that last a few seconds before they hit; when they are charging a heavy the vibration last for 2 sec min
    Something like that

Maybe Attacks from "Flying" Enemies (Human Torch, Mysterio?, Dr Strange, Magneto, ect.) are harder to "sense", obviously Invisibility Abilities have no effect, XL Champions are easier to "sense", add any other ideas if you can think of any...
    So it'd be like a "Double Edge Sword" Node, if the right Enemy is on it you'll have a hard time but if a bad Enemy is on the Node then it could make it Easier for you.
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    i once thought about a´node that gives on full hp revive for the first Person that dies (can be a great Advantage for the Player, but it also may be really annoing!), not like Mephisto regen, not even like nick fury, more like the droping dead as known, but then rewind and suddenly fighting again !
    And i also had some other ideas:

Swaped Sps but without putting any buffs on your own Champion, only debuffs on the enemy

And one idea i had which was really interesting imo:
    Burning fields: The Battlefield is sourrounded by a wall of mystical flames that cant be controlled. The first Person stepping out of this ring of flames sucks up all the mystical flames (so they dissappear) and his Soul beginns du fall apart, which drags 1% hp per second. The Ring of flames would make the battlfield become half as big as it is normally.

Mordo on a slumber node exists in Dungeons. Jesus christ Kabam.

iceman too, he instantly gains plus 1000% attack...................
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★

Well, I found this node in the game files:

“Grounded- every time you move (i.e. dash back, dash forward, light attack, medium attack, any special, block) there is a 50% chance that your champion will be KOd immediately. This chance is increased by a flat 50% if your champion is a 2-star, 3-star, 4-star, 5-star or 6-star. Moreover, if your champion is KOd in this way, you will permanently lose this champion from your roster and the chance to receive this champion from future crystals is decreased by a flat 95%. If you then receive a champion after it was removed due to this Grounded Node, your entire roster is deleted and your account is banned UNLESS you opt to purchase 5 Odin’s Vaults, in which case there is a 1% chance to reactivate your account with a 1* Colossus, without the Units included in the bundle.

We have put a lot of effort into designing this node, and we hope that it brings a fresh mechanic to the game that encourages you to bring in champions that you would not have even considered in the first place (namely 1* champions). We believe that this is fun and interactive and within the next few weeks, we will be implementing this Grounded Node into AQ, AW, Story Mode, Bases, and the upcoming EQ and Side-Quest.

We look forward to seeing you in-game, folks!”

Sounds great.
  • hephaestushephaestus Posts: 145
    Node for Emma Frost:

Double Negative - 50% chance NOT to reverse controls during specials.

Sad thing is, I can TOTALLY see Kabam doing this.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 2,977 ★★★★★
    Let's be real a jugs with 90% cant nullify immune to aar slumber stun immune bleed poison armor break immune with energy and physical resistance of 90% with 300% health and attack
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian

There was a bug in the game a long while ago that actually did this, almost. What would happen is that after you used a special 3 attack the animation engine would incorrectly set the position of you and the opponent to a position far to the right of the screen, and while the fight was actually still going on you couldn't see either champ. You could still fight though, and you knew something was happening somewhere because if you dashed backward you'd sometimes back into the far right edge of the visible screen.
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    New Node: EMPTY YOUR BILLFOLD.

Gated and only accessible by bringing an exclusive champion, Unitman, only available by purchase of 5 Odins.

Every time you strike the opponent, the defender reflects $5 in direct monetary damage to your Apple/google account for any medium, light, special, or heavy attack landed.

This node is also paired with a brute force timer that induces $5 per tick damage over time after not striking the defender within 5 seconds. After 30 seconds your are ko’ed and unitman can only be revived by a special unitman revive, only available by purchase of Star Lord’s Loot Bag.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian

Node for Emma Frost:

Double Negative - 50% chance NOT to reverse controls during specials.

Sad thing is, I can TOTALLY see Kabam doing this.

Wake me when this is paired up with unblockable specials and power focus one.
    DNA3000 said:

There was a bug in the game a long while ago that actually did this, almost. What would happen is that after you used a special 3 attack the animation engine would incorrectly set the position of you and the opponent to a position far to the right of the screen, and while the fight was actually still going on you couldn't see either champ. You could still fight though, and you knew something was happening somewhere because if you dashed backward you'd sometimes back into the far right edge of the visible screen.
    I remember that bug, happened to me something like 4 or 5 times...
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★

And i also had some other ideas:

Swaped Sps but without putting any buffs on your own Champion, only debuffs on the enemy

And one idea i had which was really interesting imo:
    Burning fields: The Battlefield is sourrounded by a wall of mystical flames that cant be controlled. The first Person stepping out of this ring of flames sucks up all the mystical flames (so they dissappear) and his Soul beginns du fall apart, which drags 1% hp per second. The Ring of flames would make the battlfield become half as big as it is normally.

So for that swapped specials thing... that would basically mean that you 'activating a special' would drain your power bar to activate their special, right?
    I don't know... it would mean you wouldn't need to worry about the opponent's specials ever, but yeah it would also mean the specials you use would be dependant on how good you were at baiting them out... I'd say champs that don't rely on specials would benefit most from this...
  • LrrrrLrrrr Posts: 234 ★★
    @LordGenesis i would run KK on that node immediately, problem solved!
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Maybe a sort of Aegis node where you could only deal damage through heavies and intercepts
  • SuperGoodSuperGood Posts: 128

Mordo on a slumber node exists in Dungeons. Jesus christ Kabam.

I ran into this once and thought I could kill Mordo before the timer... #dungeonfail