**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Simple question - Why are you so addicted to this game???

So addicted that in spite of all the problems keep returning to play. Let's see when I say enough and quit because I am sure nothing from Kabam's end is going to change!!!

Comments

• Options
    AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    I’m pretty sure Kabam do all they can to balance milking and fair play
  • Options
    PhantomStarrPhantomStarr Posts: 54
    Like @dot_ditto I too am a somewhat casual player, even though I DO AQ-AW. The collection of characters I like and the ability to customize my perfect team is what I like the most.

Advancement is addicting.

I hear a lot of buzz about all that is wrong with the game, but I don't experience it that way - maybe I'm not hardcore enough, lol!
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,188 ★★★★★
    Rajdeep9 said:

@Gamer your number of Posts in your profile (4080) show that you are not a casual player...LOL

I’m we much more that mine I’m sure you hav find offer with much more that mind
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    The thing that keeps me playing is all the investment I've already put into the game. I have built up a pretty good roster and if I stop I will have lost all of that. I know eventually I will stop playing, but the time I've already put in keeps me playing. Plus, a lot of it is fun for me. I don't do more than I want to though. I don't like AW so I don't play it.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    The immense variety of combat mechanics, collecting champs, and gambling on crystal openings.
  • Options
    C4edmonC4edmon Posts: 26
    I stopped playing now multiple times and played other games, but I always come back. I think there are a couple of reasons for that:

1. I love the alliance system, there is no other game were I felt as much as part of a group than MCoC. A good alliance is just so mich fun, there is much teamwork involved, you can chat with people, help people and just make jokes
    2. Im a really bad player, but I love the gameplay. Even though the base idea is simple, its very challenging. There is just no better feeling than winning a hard fight with pure skill
    3. The progress is extremely addictive, it just feels great to finally pull a good champion. And even when you pull a trash one it only motivates you more to get a better one and makes the feeling when you finally pull a God Tier even better
  • Options
    StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    If it wasn't for the Alliance aspect of the game, I probably would not have gotten as sucked into the game as much as I have.

But I can tell you one thing for sure:
    The day I tell my SO that the game is over and the servers have been shut off, will be the happiest day of her life.
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    I think for a lot of people it’s simply because if you stop now that’s so much time just wasted lol
  • Options
    GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    I have not idea, but I don't think I can't stop playing it.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,778 ★★★★★
    Because i love marvel and i look forward to playing with many obscure and lesser known characters
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Stewman said:

If it wasn't for the Alliance aspect of the game, I probably would not have gotten as sucked into the game as much as I have.

The day I tell my SO that the game is over and the servers have been shut off, will be the happiest day of her life.

@Stewman

I know what you mean, there have been times I have stopped playing for a while because my wife has gotten upset about me playing so much. But I've tried to be more balanced and she had become more understanding over time, but I think she will be glad when I stop playing for good. 😂
  • Options
    StingerbkStingerbk Posts: 160 ★★
    Well for the last year or so I haven't been any where near hardcore in eq, this month I have only played first completion of UC, haven't even completed master first run yet, I wouldn't even bother with heroic. I just play at my pace, don't spend no units to complete eq, but when it comes to aw and aq, it's a different story, I do take part in both of them hardcore, due to the bonds I have built with my Ally's, I guess playing alliance related events hardcore just gets me burnt out, leaving no interest for eq. At this point I play to keep being connected to the friends I have made, I am not in a race with any one and I enjoy this pace.
  • Options
    dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    Our brains get very less dopamine but occasional good pull or rewards gives a sudden dopamine rush, to which we are addicted. Games which provide you instant dopamine each time you log in tend to earn less from players in comparison to games which deprive you but too much deprivation cause you to leave the game.
  • Options
    Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Posts: 513 ★★★
    I'm not addicted.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    It’s more interesting and satisfying than an ad-ridden tap game. Also, marvel.
  • Options
    rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 572 ★★★
    Just coz of marvel characters and the game design is best...animations etc...
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,667 Guardian
    Stewman said:

My test for whether I'm happy to play the game or addicted to playing the game is when someone asks for my time. As long as I'm perfectly fine with finishing out whatever fight I'm on and putting the game down, I know it is fun and not addiction. The day I can't do that, I'll know something is wrong.

Back in the day when I used to play computer MMOs, there were times I wouldn't do that. That's where the test comes from.
  • Options
    Nick1109Nick1109 Posts: 594 ★★★
    I was in need of a game to grind because those are my favorite types of games and I downloaded this one and just never stopped playing to me it's about get awesome cool champs and expanding my roster.
  • Options
    plpkokplpkok Posts: 152
    Kobster84 said:

I think for a lot of people it’s simply because if you stop now that’s so much time just wasted lol

This ^^^ and the occasional dollar spent over the years
  • Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Cause they gave me the first one for free... seemed innocent enough... all the cool kids were doing it. Things just escalated from there. Now I’m taking 20 doses of ISO-8 a day just to stay even... 😫😫😫😫😫😫.

This opening post is a joke! If you don’t enjoy the game, quit! The game is what it is... the company is what it is. Accept it and play your way or just quit. Nobody likes a whiner.

🐻