**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Awesome Dungeons day

2»

Comments

• Options
    digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★
    Agree, pretty cool. I have only done them for an objective like the spiderverse class trip.
    I’ve actually been running dungeons and close to a 5* crystal
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Dungeons have evolved somewhat, but their original objectives were to allow people to network in a new game mode, perhaps Solo Players looking to progress and build their Rosters. It wasn't really intended to be a game mode that was lucrative for payout, or simply means to an end. Now, people play for their own reasons like any other part of the game. However, the Rewards are meant to be sparse. It's not really a replacement for other parts of the game. Just an additive that benefits some more than others. Aside from that, people either enjoy it, or they don't.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,689 Guardian

Most other game modes sort of train us towards the expectation of "do something - get something". This leads to me being satisfied with getting a small amount of 5* shards for one aw victory, because in theory I can make use of those immediately.

I don't think that's true in general. For example, it wasn't all that long ago that the major complaint about some of the special events held last year was that they spread their effort out across a longer period of time, so it took more effort and more gameplay time to achieve a specific reward, and reducing the amount of time and grind greatly improved the enjoyment of those modes for many players.

Even more specifically, dungeons used to be like that, where to get the best rewards out of them you had to basically do them continuously, and earn a slow grind of rewards. It was changed to the way it works now, where the rewards are more concentrated per unit effort but with cooldowns so that some players couldn't run away with the higher reward rate. As a result, people complained a lot less about dungeons.

You might prefer the more continuous grind than the bursts separated by long periods of time, but I don't think the game itself trained you to be that way, or rather it didn't have that effect on most players. If anything, I think the reverse is true: the game is mostly slow grind and dungeons are the uncommon exception, and they were made the uncommon exception specifically because the slow grind set players up to want something completely different, rather than train them to want everything else to be similar.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    This was just for one day? Thought this was permanent lol.

I agree with both @UmbertoDelRio and @Lormif. I agree for the little time spent dungeons is worth it but I also agree that is wildly unsatisfying waiting all that time to physically get enough shards for a crystal. In this particular case both can be true. Especially since I have played every single dungeons and only got 1 champ that I wanted out of at least 15 plus crystals. A one and 10 chance is just not good enough, also the champs in the crystal isn't good enough which is the real issue. Now that they have the basic I have no more complaints but it would be better to make the bonus permanent. It made dungeon feel worth it, and it was the first time in almost 6 months my alliance mates actually wanted to play the game mode.
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★

This was just for one day? Thought this was permanent lol.

I agree with both @UmbertoDelRio and @Lormif. I agree for the little time spent dungeons is worth it but I also agree that is wildly unsatisfying waiting all that time to physically get enough shards for a crystal. In this particular case both can be true. Especially since I have played every single dungeons and only got 1 champ that I wanted out of at least 15 plus crystals. A one and 10 chance is just not good enough, also the champs in the crystal isn't good enough which is the real issue. Now that they have the basic I have no more complaints but it would be better to make the bonus permanent. It made dungeon feel worth it, and it was the first time in almost 6 months my alliance mates actually wanted to play the game mode.

so true. i have played every single dungeons since infinity war movie update and a new champion i got from dungeon was Doctor strange after a year of grind!!! al others has been just sig stones and 6* shards and for first 3- 4 crystals ,,not even that. and well honeslt saying even doctor strange isnt worth anything now, but i only made this post and asked for this event to be on every single dungeon because it gives us chance to get a 5* in 14 days ,not a month. its a good start, we can definitly hope for some better short term rewords like atttack boosts,good stack of 5* sig stones, or may b just some 300-500 5* shards per round (that is 3000 shards every 6 rounds of dungeon i 18 days)