**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Summoner Sigil - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Ace_03 said:

So, what can free 2 play players do with this?

Pay for it? Like anyone else.

Don’t be a FTP player, and moan when something costs money; you can easily spend if you want to.
    Stop telling people how they should play the game.
    Well stop moaning about it!?

I don’t understand, if you don’t want to pay £10 a month, then don’t, but don’t come and whinge.

Don’t tell Kabam how to programme their game, tell me what doesn’t have a subscription based type thing these days?
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019

I beg to differ. It's only natural for a company to increase the prices and standards if there is sufficient income. yes my statement follow the SSA but do realize that not every SSA is a fallacy.

Still a fallacy, you never established why the slippery slope would occur as a matter of fact, just a belief
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Lormif said:

Slippery slope fallacy

It also won't stop here, right now it's only $10 but before long the price and rewards will increase significantly more, this further widening the gap between PTW and FTP. They will inevitably lose a major portion of there members. SMH

I beg to differ. It's only natural for a company to increase the prices and standards if there is sufficient income. yes my statement follow the SSA but do realize that not every SSA is a fallacy.

It does not matter if you beg to differ. For the SSA to not be a fallacy you have to establish not that you think it will happen, but that it will happen as a matter of fact, something you have not done.
  • Options
    Does that 10 every month come out automatically or can I pay it myself through my apple account? Also I think it’s good cause I need resources. One last thing wish they do I gold a quest every month for the free to play players
  • Options
    TheKiryu said:

Once again - Problem is not with Sigil , problem is how they are going about it, in it’s essence sigil is no different from daily catalyst or unit card or what have you.

The painful thing comes from from the fact they are making quality of life adjustments that should be free into a purchasable item.

Add your shards , sig stones in sigil yeah whatever , cool.

Energy refresh times , black market, etc should be free and available to all!

What’s next 2$ a month for help all button?
    3$ to have vip server with less connection issues? 5$ For 45 min aq and aw timers? 10$ for free mastery changes?

Should stop giving them ideas...

QOL things are the only things they can give in something like this without breaking the game. What you described below your post are not QOL things but game breaking things.
  • Options
    AndiYTDE said:

Lormif said:

TheKiryu said:

Once again - Problem is not with Sigil , problem is how they are going about it, in it’s essence sigil is no different from daily catalyst or unit card or what have you.

The painful thing comes from from the fact they are making quality of life adjustments that should be free into a purchasable item.

3$ to have vip server with less connection issues? 5$ For 45 min aq and aw timers? 10$ for free mastery changes?

QOL things are the only things they can give in something like this without breaking the game. What you described below your post are not QOL things but game breaking things.
    How exactly would these things break the game?
    You dont see how paying for a 45m timer on AQ or AW (specifically) would be game breaking?
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Webby72 said:

Nothing. That’s the point. To encourage spending.
    Webby72 said:

They have to make money somehow to fund the game. Everything can’t be free.
    Haha you think that 10 bucks a month will help? Lol
    $10 a month, probably not much. $10 x X amount of Subscribers, quite a bit. If I had to venture a guess, this would most likely be the result of seeing the response to other Subscriptions like Units. These Offers tend to be successful.
    Don’t start. We all know Kabam already makes millions of bucks a month. Putting this behind a paywall was unnecessary, just greedy.
    So because they make Millions, that means they should stop selling Offers? Bit of a backwards logic there.
    I don't recall saying that, or anyone else for that matter. Nice job making sh*t up as usual. I guess making up random stuff is all you can ever do to support your arguments huh?
    You said they make Millions, so they shouldn't charge for this. What about their Net Income stops them from releasing Offers? You think because they make money, they should just give people what they want, when they want it? No. Your response was cavalier, and I don't mean the Title.
    I don't care if they charge for this. If you had half the mind to look back at my previous posts, you'll see the only thing that bugs me is that they gated the Weekly Gold Realms behind a pay wall.
    For many, many months, F2P players have been saying how there is a gold drought, & we need weekly Gold Realms. What does Kabam do? Put the Gold Realms behind a pay wall. The rich get richer, & the F2P get nothing.
    There isn't a Gold drought.
    Rank up resources have become much more common and champs cost more to rank up I.e 5:65 and 2:35 and gold has barely changed except for possibly putting gold in the first 3 milestones of arena but that was still a very small amount
  • Options
    Kobster84 said:

Webby72 said:

Webby72 said:

They have to make money somehow to fund the game. Everything can’t be free.
    Haha you think that 10 bucks a month will help? Lol
    $10 a month, probably not much. $10 x X amount of Subscribers, quite a bit. If I had to venture a guess, this would most likely be the result of seeing the response to other Subscriptions like Units. These Offers tend to be successful.
    Don’t start. We all know Kabam already makes millions of bucks a month. Putting this behind a paywall was unnecessary, just greedy.
    So because they make Millions, that means they should stop selling Offers? Bit of a backwards logic there.
    I don't recall saying that, or anyone else for that matter. Nice job making sh*t up as usual. I guess making up random stuff is all you can ever do to support your arguments huh?
    You said they make Millions, so they shouldn't charge for this. What about their Net Income stops them from releasing Offers? You think because they make money, they should just give people what they want, when they want it? No. Your response was cavalier, and I don't mean the Title.
    I don't care if they charge for this. If you had half the mind to look back at my previous posts, you'll see the only thing that bugs me is that they gated the Weekly Gold Realms behind a pay wall.
    For many, many months, F2P players have been saying how there is a gold drought, & we need weekly Gold Realms. What does Kabam do? Put the Gold Realms behind a pay wall. The rich get richer, & the F2P get nothing.
    There isn't a Gold drought.
    Rank up resources have become much more common and champs cost more to rank up I.e 5:65 and 2:35 and gold has barely changed except for possibly putting gold in the first 3 milestones of arena but that was still a very small amount
    And that is because gold is one of the most plentiful resources in the game already.
  • Options
    AndiYTDE said:

Lormif said:

AndiYTDE said:

Lormif said:

TheKiryu said:

How exactly would these things break the game?
    You dont see how paying for a 45m timer on AQ or AW (specifically) would be game breaking?
    If that´s what you´re referring to, then you don´t understand Kiryu´s post...
    That was listed as things under the "whats next", I dont know if he messed up on the quote or what, I did that above and had to redo a post because of it, but I have no way to know.
  • Options
    samuraisamurai Posts: 2
    I don't speak English well. I'm from Russia But I will Express my opinion and the opinion that has developed in some unions with whom I spoke:
    1 Price for our country is not so cheap as for example for America or Europe.
    2 we have the so-called mark-up for goods from other countries, because your offer will cost us $ 12.
    3 could you do as it is in the steam gaming platform, where the price of the game depends on the country in which the player lives, and not the total price for all.
    4 In this game need different players, and those who plays for free and those who invest money. Without simple players, the game will be dull and not interesting, as those who buy everything will play with themselves, and the interest will disappear. It will be a couple of thousand players, no more. Therefore, the balance between free and paid should be. Free players create a mass, paid players pay interest to play against that mass of players. That's the balance.
    5 And if kabam company is fair and honest, it will make it possible to buy this offer not only for $ 10, but also to buy it for units. As it is done in other MMO games. Where you can buy and for the domestic currency that is sold for money. For example, let this offer cost 1500 units, and who wants to buy this offer for units, and who wants to buy for money. Then we can say that the game marvel battle of Champions, is a free game and that the company cares about the players.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Thikas said:

To all the people saying stuff "it's just another offer, you don't have to buy it":

IT IS NOT JUST ANOTHER OFFER.
    You have to realize that if enough people buy this (and I'm sure it will happen), Kabam will focus on having more players subscribing to this. And it's not rocket science to understand they will quickly release content (like very rewarding special quests) available only to subscribers.
    In other words, the game will quickly become unplayable for F2P players.

If you agree that companies' greed should rule your life, then go ahead and pay 120$/year for a mobile game...

Totally strange a for-profit company is making a business decision.... You know like how Hulu charges extra for HBO even though I can get it free through ATT (similar to how gold and arenas work). Or how Amazon Prime charges extra for other movies.

This game is a business. Its not greed and a companies dont give things for free just because you feel you are entitled to have them for free.
  • Options
    dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    I bet it will improve more after few months. As this has came up for the first time why not give it a try...
  • Options
    TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

@TheRealApoc once again, Kabam makes thousands off whales who spend every day. And how is it on us that we don’t want to spend? Some people have better places to put their money than this game. I would rather pick up a Netflix subscription for 10 dollars.

The free to play model is: free players get to play the game for free, paying players get an advantage in the game for paying. If you don't think you're getting good value by playing the game for free, you're supposed to either pay for more value, or find a different free to play game that you feel actually provides better value.

It is entirely your choice whether to spend or not. The game doesn't want to force you to spend, nor can it force you to spend. It only wants two different types of players. Players that are fine playing the game for free and grinding out rewards, and players that are fine with paying for perks. If you aren't one of those two kinds of people, you're not the target audience for the game. That's just reality: the game can't target everyone.

If you have better places to spend your money, you should. For that matter, if you have better places to spend your time, you should. There's nothing wrong with that, but it is still your choice. Most of my friends don't play this game: they have better places to spend their time. I, on the other hand, would prefer to spend my time on this game than whatever they are doing with their free time much of the time. Neither of us is wrong, and none of the things we do are wrong for not being able to capture all of our collective time.
    All the free to play people whining about it, should thank the people like me who spend even occasionally on the game. You wear that "Free to Play" badge like a badge of honour. The game doesn't exist without people paying for things in the game. There are certain offers that people won't buy. But an offer like this for $10 if you want to come wave your FTP badge and wonder where your rewards are at. They're in another game with ads.
  • Options
    DanielYorkDanielYork Posts: 42
    edited July 2019
    I’m gonna to say 90% of the players that call themselves ftp have spent money on the game, even if they won’t admit it. I’ve spent more on this game than any other game I’ve ever played. The idea of a subscription doesn’t bother me if it stays relatively where it is at with offerings. I won’t pay for this, not worth it and if this is where this stays that’s fine. The moment it becomes too rich or meaningful content I quit. It’s why I stopped playing heartstone.
  • Options
    Sparta1893Sparta1893 Posts: 14
    Each offer destroys the fairness of the competition - AQ / AW, which KABAM backs up for almost every change. I am very sorry that the game does not work on the DOTA2 principle.

first step for improvement = rank down tickets
  • Options
    Phits007Phits007 Posts: 3
    Kobster84 said:

Phits007 said:

Kobster84 said:

I think the problem this summoner sigil presents is the precedent for the future
    Will the 5* basic arena when it comes be gated to subscription members
    Will there be an exclusive t5b daily quest for subscribers
    Just feel that a lot of content in the future will become paywalled like at the end of the day a bit of storage and gold while kabam should have made it free won’t be the end of the world but this subscription service will probably get worse as time goes on

There should be some benefit for players willing to spend $$$

Nothing prevents F2P players from playing and enjoying the game. Progress isn't hampered. So what if you don't clear content as quickly as another player (who happens to spend $$)?
    There already is so much benefits to spending kabam keeps adding more and more and making it harder for f2p players
    What makes it harder for F2P accounts?
  • Options
    Phits007 said:

Kobster84 said:

Phits007 said:

Kobster84 said:

I think the problem this summoner sigil presents is the precedent for the future
    Will the 5* basic arena when it comes be gated to subscription members
    Will there be an exclusive t5b daily quest for subscribers
    Just feel that a lot of content in the future will become paywalled like at the end of the day a bit of storage and gold while kabam should have made it free won’t be the end of the world but this subscription service will probably get worse as time goes on

There should be some benefit for players willing to spend $$$

Nothing prevents F2P players from playing and enjoying the game. Progress isn't hampered. So what if you don't clear content as quickly as another player (who happens to spend $$)?
    There already is so much benefits to spending kabam keeps adding more and more and making it harder for f2p players
    What makes it harder for F2P accounts?
    I think he means to keep up, because he is trying to keep up with the Jone's
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

People just can’t get it in their minds that F2P will NEVER keep up with people who spend. There’s no reason why they should as well.

Look at Kiryu. He’s at what.. 18 R5s + 1 R2 or something.

I’m f2p, done every single content that he has, and am sitting at 9 R5s and 2 R2s. That’s a total of 15 T5B difference at the very least.

(No offence to bro KT though. Just needed a well known example 😂😂)

I say again, f2p should not expect the privileges of those who spend. It’s just how the world works.

Exactly and he's actually at 20 R5s and 1 R2 IIRC lol
  • Options
    I actually think that Kabam does a fairly decent job at limiting the extent that spenders can get ahead of non spenders as well. I can have every champ in the game but I'm still going to be limited on rank resources to do anything meaningful with most of them. I absolutely can rank up more champs but by no means is it a limitless amount. I'd still have to consider how to use those resources like anyone else regardless of how much I'm willing to spend.
  • Options
    Most offers are fairly poor value as well so to really get far ahead you have to spend some pretty significant amounts in this game.
  • Options
    Blizz_4R_Blizz_4R_ Posts: 95
    Very disappointed that it’s another pay to win dolphin milking fiasco but I think it’s worth it so I’ll be going for it, just wish there was more gold on offer.
  • Options
    iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    As a LOT of people have mentioned, this is JUST the beginning, that's the worst part. They even said "Introductory price" lol
  • Options
    Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    I'm just surprised this is not a cache offer. I was totally expecting to see a "lesser" "advanced" and "ultimate" sigil subscription. If this does happen, how much do you want to bet this is the "lesser" offer?
  • Options

As a LOT of people have mentioned, this is JUST the beginning, that's the worst part. They even said "Introductory price" lol

And they also said that is for legal purposes and they have no current plans to change it.