**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Summoner Sigil - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

My only problem with this is that the QoL improvements should just be added to the game regardless.

Isn't that kind of the point of the subscription though? No one would get this for a few shards and they aren't about to offer significant items like 6*s and T5 Basics for $10. So if it weren't QoL improvements, what should be in the subscription?

• Options
    digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★

I will say, I personally agree that some of the changes should have been across the board and the players that subscribe should have just gotten a significantly larger increase. That's not what they did though.

Do I think this change warrants even a slight portion of the response it's gotten so far? Absolutely not. Nothing included in this really does anything to create a significant gap between those with it and those without. Certainly not as much as things like buying crystals and rank resource offers do.

Again I feel the mass uproar is because of the QOL changes being behind a paywall, not the subscription providing a few added perks.
    Inventory, Market and energy perks are quality of life changes that should be available to all, let the subscription add more perks to them. I feel that’s fair.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Aside from the usual Kabam shills, this is CLEARLY getting a negative response. Listen to the feedback and let’s compromise! I understand a subscription is going to happen but it’s being done wrong, clearly.
    The Black Market, energy and inventory perks should be STANDARD for all, let the subscription INCREASE their respective value.
    Players shouldn’t have to pay for access to these, let them pay for increased value to these.

Do you call everyone who disagrees with you a shill?

here is the thing, you guys cannot even agree on what is the issue with the deal, it is not a problem with the deal, it is a problem with you wanting more free stuff. Shoot the Black Market is not even QOL which most of the people in this thread has stated is fine with being in the deal and not free. The other players only want QOL stuff.
    The issue with the deal is Kabam capped inventory and we’ve asked for increase for years, same with energy and an idea like the proposed Black Market and all of these being griped about and wanted for years but now behind a paywall.
    Is a subscription with added benefits good, yes.
    Should things we, as a community, have asked and begged for years to be implemented but only if you pay, no.
    So what exactly should be included? Things no one wants? If you want it pay for it, if you dont the game runs just fine without it. QOL is the primary things that should be in these deals, not other things, otherwise it is either useless or gives a massive competitive advantage.
    As per my last post.. lol
    The things that should be standard are the Market, energy and inventory perks. Let the subscription ADD to the perks.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Aside from the usual Kabam shills, this is CLEARLY getting a negative response. Listen to the feedback and let’s compromise! I understand a subscription is going to happen but it’s being done wrong, clearly.
    The Black Market, energy and inventory perks should be STANDARD for all, let the subscription INCREASE their respective value.
    Players shouldn’t have to pay for access to these, let them pay for increased value to these.

here is the thing, you guys cannot even agree on what is the issue with the deal, it is not a problem with the deal, it is a problem with you wanting more free stuff. Shoot the Black Market is not even QOL which most of the people in this thread has stated is fine with being in the deal and not free. The other players only want QOL stuff.
    The issue with the deal is Kabam capped inventory and we’ve asked for increase for years, same with energy and an idea like the proposed Black Market and all of these being griped about and wanted for years but now behind a paywall.
    Should things we, as a community, have asked and begged for years to be implemented but only if you pay, no.
    So what exactly should be included? Things no one wants? If you want it pay for it, if you dont the game runs just fine without it. QOL is the primary things that should be in these deals, not other things, otherwise it is either useless or gives a massive competitive advantage.
    The things that should be standard are the Market, energy and inventory perks. Let the subscription ADD to the perks.
    Out of those 3 the only thing that they are not ADDIng to the perks are the market. The energy and inventory
    “Perks” are in addition to what you currently have. Again the problem you are having is not what is going on, but that you want more for free.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

The whole point of paying is having game changing items and content, otherwise why pay? LoL
    QOL should be standard, available to all. The govt doesn’t charge us to breath the air, does it? Cmon.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,037 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Phits007 said:

Kobster84 said:

Phits007 said:

Kobster84 said:

I think the problem this summoner sigil presents is the precedent for the future
    Will the 5* basic arena when it comes be gated to subscription members
    Will there be an exclusive t5b daily quest for subscribers
    Just feel that a lot of content in the future will become paywalled like at the end of the day a bit of storage and gold while kabam should have made it free won’t be the end of the world but this subscription service will probably get worse as time goes on

There should be some benefit for players willing to spend $$$

Nothing prevents F2P players from playing and enjoying the game. Progress isn't hampered. So what if you don't clear content as quickly as another player (who happens to spend $$)?
    There already is so much benefits to spending kabam keeps adding more and more and making it harder for f2p players
    What makes it harder for F2P accounts?
    I think he means to keep up, because he is trying to keep up with the Jone's
    Buying $100 offers is keeping up with the Jones', paying $10 for some free items and more capacity or a units daily card is just good for you in general if you can spare $20 a month. Say 10000 people get the offers. That is $200,000 that they make for doing nothing really.

Kabam has 170 employees. They have 4 offices (Vancouver, Montreal, San Francisco and Austin Texas).

For those 170 employees they have to pay for salaries, benefits and other types of standard employee stuff.

Pay for the lights, pay for the servers, pay for internet.

All the while making a profit. So that $200k is nothing really, but it helps to keep the wheels going on the game.
    Plus pay royalties, marketing and advertising and paying Google and Apple.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Market = Free things due to lower costs
    Energy = Free energy refills

Out of the 3 things you mentioned, 2 are free stuffs and inventory perk is NOT a QoL change.

If you’re sitting at maxed inventory, even doubling it will cause you to max it out eventually. Then it’s the same story all over again. It’s a resource management problem that people can’t seem to balance.

Players who are unwilling to pay for it just want a piece of the pie that they can see but can’t touch.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

The whole point of paying is having game changing items and content, otherwise why pay? LoL
    QOL should be standard, available to all. The govt doesn’t charge us to breath the air, does it? Cmon.
    So paying 9.99 for 275 units is game changing?
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Out of those 3 the only thing that they are not ADDIng to the perks are the market. The energy and inventory
    “Perks” are in addition to what you currently have. Again the problem you are having is not what is going on, but that you want more for free.
    As per my previous post..
    The 3 that I mentioned being available to all player and subscription INCREASES the perks.
    Another 25% inventory, better Market trade-ins and 4 min energy refill.
    Is it that hard to see what I’m saying?
  • Options

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

The 3 that I mentioned being available to all player and subscription INCREASES the perks.
    Why should they be offering these for free?

Is it hard to understand that?
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

It's not hard to see what you're saying at all. It is however hard to agree with or take seriously
  • Options

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

And all 3 of those things are ALREADY perks to things in game.. Why is it so hard to understand this. You haev a perk of inventory that increased to your current limit, you already have energy, you already have ways to trade in for everything in the black market, the sub just makes it better.

The problem is you want a cut of the new service. Its like having 80% but not liking the game offering 90% of something for a fee unless they bump the free up to 85%.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I would have liked to see inventory capacities increased with ranking and healing champs taking more and more resources, but I don't think it would have been the end of the world if they weren't increased.

The rest is just seeing stuff someone else can or is willing get that you feel owed for some reason.
  • Options
    Foffo96Foffo96 Posts: 4
    I think that a way like this to support the game is a good strategy. To mantain servers needs money and so who wants to offers money for the game could be rewarded whit something. The important fact is that these reward MUST guarantee that a free 2 play player COULD be competitive, and this is essential for a game like this.
    I want to give my point of view, my fears and my suggestions up to you.

PRO
    The Sigil is a very good deal to support the game without paying a lot of money in unit offers.
    Kabam makes a good job in providing features that are not game breaking for the people who pay.

CONS
    Kabam makes his job too well that the sigil offers too many thing for the price at which is sold, and some features are, I think, foundamentals for everyone, even the f2p gamers.

FEARS
    The main fear is that Kabam could exploit this good system in order to "force" competitive players to buy the sigil. If in future Kabam provides easy acces to something that could be too beneficial for summoners, all the ranking system could be affected by the need to buy the sigil, and so not allowing the f2p gamers to be in top alliances.

SUGGESTIONS
    I know that my voice is not sufficient to make changes in this kind of content, but I give it a try.
    Some features I think must be added in the basic game, like the gold event. Many players have no time to invest in arenas and grind gold, and the other sources of gold are too bare to be good. For a cavalier summoner 500k gold a month are not so game changing, so I think that this event could be added in the basic stuff.
    In the sigil version I believe that paying money, as an end game player, I don't want to see the same amount of gold that I do in a week of grind in arena. So the suggestion could be to add a second gold mission for the summoners with the sigil that let the player earn (in total with the basic gold mission) 1mil or 1.5 mil gold.
    Could be intresting let the summoners make a choice between different paths at the beginning of the months that change the nature of the second weekly event. For example if i'm full of gold, at the start of the month I could chose to do events for potions, for boosts, fragments or catalysts instead of the gold event. So every month the sigil could be costomizable for the needs of the summoners.
    Another feature that could be added in the basic stuff is the black iso market, or a part of it. Like every criminal association that count, for every summoner a "good" version of the market (the simple "Iso market") is accesible, with less deals and a little bit pricer; but if you pay the sigil you could have acces to the "dark" part of the trades, and so the doors of the Black-iso market open for you.

I know that this comment won't be read at all by anyone, but for the few that has arrived here, I hope that this post has amused you and maybe you could agree with my vision of the possible changes.

(I apologize for my english, I'm italian and I'm not good in writing yet <3 )
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Out of the 3 things you mentioned, 2 are free stuffs and inventory perk is NOT a QoL change.

If you’re sitting at maxed inventory, even doubling it will cause you to max it out eventually. Then it’s the same story all over again. It’s a resource management problem that people can’t seem to balance.

Players who are unwilling to pay for it just want a piece of the pie that they can see but can’t touch.
    I think the question is more whether should these types of things exist behind a paywall. The way I see it energy refills vs reducing energy refresh time are two very different things. One of them I'm okay with in a package the other I'm not. Same goes for the market, more shards vs reducing the purchasing price of crystals are two very different things. One of them I'm fine being in an offer, the other I'm not.

The same goal may be achieved in the end, but the method by which they achieve that goal is what I do not like.
  • Options
    xNig said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

No worries. I posted earlier that the community has been begging for years for these specific changes: energy refill faster, raise the inventory limit and give us a market to trade stuff we don’t have use for something of use.
    Kabam said “we can’t/unable/won’t do that” for years, now they can buuuut only if you pay.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

People pay for QOL improvements all the time. That's what these kinds of perks are. Don't want to wait in line? Become a VIP member...
  • Options
    Werewrym said:

xNig said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

I think the question is more whether should these types of things exist behind a paywall. The way I see it energy refills vs reducing energy refresh time are two very different things. One of them I'm okay with in a package the other I'm not. Same goes for the market, more shards vs reducing the purchasing price of crystals are two very different things. One of them I'm fine being in an offer, the other I'm not.

The same goal may be achieved in the end, but the method by which they achieve that goal is what I do not like.
    what is the difference between purchasing shards and reducing the cost in a limited way? If I can buy a 5* crystal for 1500 units, what the the difference between that and lowering the cost of a 5* crystal to no shards for 1500 units one time? The end result is the exact same.

Now if it was unlimited reduction I would agree with you, but it is once every 2 weeks for the featured crystal.
  • Options
    Luckylefty01Luckylefty01 Posts: 155
    One thing Kabam should change their collective mind on is the added inventory space. No one should have to pay to keep important resources from expiring. I've watched 3 mystic t4cc just disappear due to being capped and not being able to sell them for t5cc or gold. I'm not F2P but I respect those that are and there grind. However, I will not be subscribing to this upcoming change after the free trial we all get on Aug 6. And to those that will stay with the subscription cool to you folks no hate from me keep doing what you do.
  • Options

xNig said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

No worries. I posted earlier that the community has been begging for years for these specific changes: energy refill faster, raise the inventory limit and give us a market to trade stuff we don’t have use for something of use.
    Kabam said “we can’t/unable/won’t do that” for years, now they can buuuut only if you pay.
    except they never said "cant/wont" they would say they dont have plans at this time.. Way to misrepresent their arguments.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

So paying 9.99 for 275 units is game changing?
    No, they July 4 offers were game changing. Another glib comment with a smug attitude. Love seeing your posts chief!
    Keep shillin’
    You said "The whole point of paying is having game changing items and content, otherwise why pay?" You pay for unit offers, and they aren't game changing so why is it ok to pay for those but you take issue with the Sigil? You can't say what you said and then only reference 4th of July offers. That's not how it works at all.
  • Options
    Werewrym said:

xNig said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Tbf using energy wisely is part of the game. As of last week, I’ve spent 0 units on energy refills (all were banked from in the previous month), done EQ from beginner to Uncollected, finished Heroic Masters and Epic side quests. So energy is definitely not an issue with monthly quests. Lowering the energy costs does nothing as most players tend to finish their quests early.

Anyway, back to the topic, lowering energy refresh timers just means giving people more 16.7% more energy per month, which translates to a couple of energy refills. Isn’t it the exact same thing?

Similarly, by allowing players to purchase 1 Featured 5* for 11k instead of 15k saves them 4k shards.

If you couple this with the conversion of 4* shards that converts 2k 4* shards to 1k 5* Shards 3x monthly (it’s actually only a net increase of 1000 - 255x2 = 490 per conversion), its an increase of availability of 490 x 3 = Approx 1500 5* shards.

So in effect, paying for the subscription either saves you 5.5k 5* shards monthly, or gives you 5.5k shards monthly, depending on how you view it.

Neither of these is “game changing” per se.
  • Options

One thing Kabam should change their collective mind on is the added inventory space. No one should have to pay to keep important resources from expiring. I've watched 3 mystic t4cc just disappear due to being capped and not being able to sell them for t5cc or gold. I'm not F2P but I respect those that are and there grind. However, I will not be subscribing to this upcoming change after the free trial we all get on Aug 6. And to those that will stay with the subscription cool to you folks no hate from me keep doing what you do.

You can trade in those t4cc for a crystal to get one of the other classes. Even if you're capped on those classes, no one said you have to open that crystal right away
  • Options

xNig said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Just because the community begged for it, they have to be given for free? Like WHAT?
  • Options

Inventory management... how do you overflow 3 T4CC without noticing and letting it expire? 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Just because the community begged for it, they have to be given for free? Like WHAT?
    I said this earlier as well. 100% agree with you.
  • Options
    xNig said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

We’ve begged for these changes for years to be standard parts of the game.
    Now tell me why should we have to pay for them?
  • Options

xNig said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

We’ve begged for these changes for years to be standard parts of the game.
    Now tell me why should we have to pay for them?
    You dont have to, many of us will. Just because you begged for it to be standard does not mean it has to be standard. Its a perk to what is already there.