Are you gonna get the Summoner Sigil?

Comments

• shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Member Posts: 3,245 ★★★★★
    No
    DNA3000 said:

I'm leaning in the direction of buying it. To be honest, I've played MMOs for so long the notion of paying either a subscription or a VIP access pass is entirely uncontroversial to me. It is strictly a value proposition, and whether the value is worth it to me. It seems like it is, but I'll probably make that decision after I've seen the preview of the program first hand for a while.

Have I come across games that have you pay for some VIP benefits? Yes I have.

Have any of them had a renewal fee for every month? No only a one time payment this is a first.
  • DRTODRTO Member Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    No
    For those asking what a sigil is, according to google, it's an "inscribed or painted symbol considered to have magical power". So I guess getting it means you're a more powerful summoner? which means the title you get "summoner supreme" makes a lot more sense.
  • StellarStellar Member Posts: 1,081 ★★★★
    No
    It would have been a 1$/month subscription why not but 10$ ! no thank you
  • RaganatorRaganator Member Posts: 2,533 ★★★★★
    No
    Clearly the poll is not scientific, a small sample size, and self selecting - but I bet Kabam would be thrilled if 18% of their player base actually subscribed.
  • -sixate--sixate- Member Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    No
    No thanks, not paying for this one.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,269 Guardian
    Yes

DNA3000 said:

I'm leaning in the direction of buying it. To be honest, I've played MMOs for so long the notion of paying either a subscription or a VIP access pass is entirely uncontroversial to me. It is strictly a value proposition, and whether the value is worth it to me. It seems like it is, but I'll probably make that decision after I've seen the preview of the program first hand for a while.

Have any of them had a renewal fee for every month? No only a one time payment this is a first.
    The only time I've encountered single fee VIP services, they were comparable to lifetime subscriptions like the ones offered by games like Star Trek Online. Typically, in the $200-$300 range. I'm sure there are VIP programs of all kinds and somewhere out there is a permanent VIP system for much less, but I haven't played it.

I should point out that far more of my experience has been in conventional MMOs, not the typical casual mobile game. MCOC is far more like an MMO than the typical mobile game, and has been following the MMO trajectory almost to a tee.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Member Posts: 2,883 ★★★★★

Most likely. I'll see.

All the disagreement on this comment, yet they will all buy it all anyway.

Strange people
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,481 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Yes

Most likely. I'll see.

All the disagreement on this comment, yet they will all buy it all anyway.

Strange people
    I don't pay attention to the Disagrees. It's just the new thing to spam. Not even sure how anyone could disagree with that comment but no matter. Lol.
  • XdonreXdonre Member Posts: 154
    No
    No, this offer falls drastically short in meeting my needs as an intermediate player...why should I pay a monthly fee for almost valueless content & resources.
  • Kathryn0627Kathryn0627 Member Posts: 2
    Yes
    I’ve seen games with worse deals..
    *cough* Marvel Future Fight/ Marvel Strike Force *cough* :*
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Member Posts: 3,245 ★★★★★
    No
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

The only time I've encountered single fee VIP services, they were comparable to lifetime subscriptions like the ones offered by games like Star Trek Online. Typically, in the $200-$300 range. I'm sure there are VIP programs of all kinds and somewhere out there is a permanent VIP system for much less, but I haven't played it.

I should point out that far more of my experience has been in conventional MMOs, not the typical casual mobile game. MCOC is far more like an MMO than the typical mobile game, and has been following the MMO trajectory almost to a tee.
    Well I was simply pointing out that I have never come across a system like this nor will I pay for it but you do you hope you enjoy your rewards.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Member Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    No

to everyone who voted no, do you buy the 5/month unit card?

Nope.
    Yes

Nope. Reduced energy recharge, increased inventory, and gold realms should be available to everyone. I consider myself a moderate spender for this game, getting close to a thousand dollars so far, but I refuse to spend anymore because of this except for July 4th and CyberMonday.

Don't forget your birthday.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Member Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Yes
    Looks interesting. Will buy it the first time to see how it goes. Honestly i dont see the big deal over this
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Member Posts: 722 ★★★
    No

• LormifLormif Member Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Yes

Nope. Reduced energy recharge, increased inventory, and gold realms should be available to everyone. I consider myself a moderate spender for this game, getting close to a thousand dollars so far, but I refuse to spend anymore because of this except for July 4th and CyberMonday.

That is probably a low spender in the game.
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Member Posts: 531 ★★★
    No
    “No, what for?” -Thor 2017
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Member Posts: 1,026 ★★★★
    Yes
    I probably will, to try my luck at some cheaper 5* features. Some nice little extras for stuff I already do anyway. Nice if they added a sigil calendar as well. Will re asses if and when the price increases.
    Yes

DNA3000 said:

Don't forget your birthday.
    You don’t get exclusive offers on your birthday
    I guess you were not reading the other thread.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Member Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    No

Nope,I'm a F2P.Also they don't deserve my money,I mean why should I give it to them,because they are treating F2P summoners like s***.A big no.

To be fair, from a logistical point of view, they don’t need to give you an ad free game either. You are nothing to them but space on a server. The only positive thing you contribute to the company is making it a popular game by them collecting statistics and maybe telling your buddies about it and maybe they spend, so in a VERY technical sense, they owe you nothing. Keep in mind most games either run ads or cost money to purchase in the first place. A game this high quality for free is still pretty nice as far as things go

I also have no clue why you say they treat f2p people badly or worse than spenders. Sure, if you spend money, you get benefits. There isn’t anything specific that isn’t “I don’t get 3100 units when I don’t spend $100” If you say drop rates are worse for FTP, I have a 5* streak of Gulk Domino Void Modok and MS with a gap of 3 meh champs and then a Stark Spider-Man that would strongly disagree.

Not trying to trash you, but I strongly disagree with what ur saying.
  • WoogieboogieWoogieboogie Member Posts: 340 ★★
    No
    Hell no
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Member Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    No
    It's not the most groundbreaking offer but it might be the start. This one isnt anything too crazy but i just love the salt and memes that'll arise
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Member Posts: 324 ★★
    No

These "perks" are long overdue.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Member Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    No

Not sure why so much hate? It’s a $10 offer just like any other offer they send out. If the value of what you get for that $10 makes sense then buy it. If it doesn’t make sense or your F2P then you simply pass on it and guess what...your game goes on unchanged just like the day before.

But you going to feel cheated somehow and quit the game? Give me a break

I think people are more scared that Kabam will ramp up the rewards for subscribers. This would give paying customers an insurmountable advantage. Imo paying customers getting more benefits than those who pay nothing makes sense, but this would eventually alienate not just the F2P, but the whales who would eventually get tired of paying more and more as time goes on (and prices go up). Not to mention the PR nightmare. EA could handle that bad reputation because theyre massive, but Kabam isnt EA.
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Member Posts: 285 ★★★
    No
    The program doesn’t make sense tbh. The benefits should be tied directly to progression level.

What use does a lvl 60 guy have for 20% exp boost?? And why pay for it , when it’s of no use? Instead lvl 60 should get a 20% gold or PHC shard boost.

Also , some important things should be part of the sub...

Resetting mastery costs removed
    X amount of phc / GMC shards everyday
    Energy limit increased ( timer cool down isint that good)
    X units everyday

Also let us have a trial period for masteries , so we can decide if we want to buy or not!!

Personally I’ll take if mastery reset costs are gone.
  • KalantakKalantak Member Posts: 1,300 ★★★★
    No
    price will be $29/39 in less then few months and as it stands with everything in game ,what you get in this 'subscription' will remain same or may be decrease and more bugs will be introduced because of that and the circle of life will keep on spining , untill it isnt.