**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Event Quest Tabs Are Poorly Organized!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    LOVE that they did some rearranging, AND love that they listened quickly to constructive feedback and said they're gonna fix it. Thank you
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I agree. I actually think that the Variant quests should go into the same tab as RoL, RTTL, and LoL since they are all special permanent content. The all day every day quests like the catalyst quests should go into one tab. And the monthly quest content should go into one tab. That better organizes the non-story content into This Months Stuff, Constantly Refreshing Stuff, and Permanent Stuff. That seems to make a lot more sense than the current organization which seems honestly a lot less logical.

For the first try it’s not the worst thing. At least things are a little more organized. But this suggestion definitely makes the most sense. As it is right now, it’s really difficult to understand what is classified as what.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,686 Guardian

For the record, I don't have any issues with people making suggestions. I just think it's impossible to make it customized to what everyone wants. Really makes no difference to me. I still have to click on whatever I want whether it's in Tab A or Tab B. Doesn't make it any easier or harder to access.

Just because it is impossible to make everyone happy, doesn't mean everything is equally good. There is such a thing as proper human interface design. Scattering the monthly content into multiple tabs violates a fundamental rule of interface design. Kabam Miike's comment about the future changes to the interface suggest the developers understood this also, and it is only in the configuration it is currently in because of framework limitations in the interface logic.
  • Options

Hey folks, thank you for the feedback!

I agree that things are a little out of wack with the location of some quests right now; unfortunately we ran into some last minute display bugs and it meant that certain quest types would only show up properly if categorized a certain way, which is why things are the way they are.

Back Issues will indeed be appearing under Special Quests, and stuff like Sinister Labs will be moved under Event Quests. We'll be cleaning this up in a future release, so for now please bear with us while the place is a little messy. The primary goal was just to make the screens less jam-packed and busy, so I do hope that's coming through at least!

The new layout is indeed appreciated, and to hear that things will be rearranged down the road is awesome. Things happen and occasionally just gotta roll with the punches. Looking forward to the next setup and seeing it a bit more organized.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Kabam's response is their own. I don't speak for them, and I appreciate that they wanted to optimize it. What I find to be picky is the same thing I found to be picky before they decided to change it. People complained that this was in this Tab, and that was in that Tab, when really it doesn't make a difference to the UI. You still just swipe and click on whatever you want. People are free to suggest whatever they like. Kabam is free to either oblige or not. No arguments there. When we get into "This must go here, and that must go there.", then that's really just organizing preference. It makes no difference to using it. Things are a bit confusing at the moment, mostly because they changed it. I'm all for condensing and maximizing space, but when you're talking about where we think things should go, that really becomes a preference issue. I thought it was picky before they changed it. You still have to click on whatever you want either way. It doesn't make a difference to accessibility. That's just my opinion, and I also followed it with "No offense.". Which meant I wasn't trying to dog on anyone. Just sharing my view on the subject. In my opinion, it doesn't matter if it's this way, or the other grouping. The day we start thinking clicking one Tab instead of another is an inconvenience is the day I start to feel concerned for us. Lol.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    V1PER1987 said:

Kabam's response is their own. I don't speak for them, and I appreciate that they wanted to optimize it. What I find to be picky is the same thing I found to be picky before they decided to change it. People complained that this was in this Tab, and that was in that Tab, when really it doesn't make a difference to the UI. You still just swipe and click on whatever you want. People are free to suggest whatever they like. Kabam is free to either oblige or not. No arguments there. When we get into "This must go here, and that must go there.", then that's really just organizing preference. It makes no difference to using it. Things are a bit confusing at the moment, mostly because they changed it. I'm all for condensing and maximizing space, but when you're talking about where we think things should go, that really becomes a preference issue. I thought it was picky before they changed it. You still have to click on whatever you want either way. It doesn't make a difference to accessibility. That's just my opinion, and I also followed it with "No offense.". Which meant I wasn't trying to dog on anyone. Just sharing my view on the subject. In my opinion, it doesn't matter if it's this way, or the other grouping. The day we start thinking clicking one Tab instead of another is an inconvenience is the day I start to feel concerned for us. Lol.

It’s picky for people to want tabs organized in a way that makes sense and not just randomly distributed? 🤨
    Makes sense is subjecitve. This way makes sense to me. Save for RTTL. Some want the permanent content in the same Tab. I think the Variants are EQs and could have their own Tab under EQ. Just preference really.
  • Options

... You still have to click on whatever you want either way. It doesn't make a difference to accessibility. That's just my opinion,
    The day we start thinking clicking one Tab instead of another is an inconvenience is the day I start to feel concerned for us. Lol.

OK, so I guess if they had accidentally put Sinister Labs underneath the “Store - Dungeons” Tab, then you would have been OK with it as well. After all, it's just a matter of clicking the right sequence of tabs in order to run them. 😀
  • Options
    Thank you Kabam, seems like your developers had intended things to be similar to what everyone (almost) here has been saying would make more sense. Glad it was just a back-end algorithm problem of some sort that prevented them from being released that way right from the beginning.
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I have forgotten to do the daily lab quests since it is usually the first thing you see when you click on event quest. Like a reminder that it’s there. Sort of prefer the original. Even so the labs didn’t reset.
  • Options

... You still have to click on whatever you want either way. It doesn't make a difference to accessibility. That's just my opinion,
    The day we start thinking clicking one Tab instead of another is an inconvenience is the day I start to feel concerned for us. Lol.

OK, so I guess if they had accidentally put Sinister Labs underneath the “Store - Dungeons” Tab, then you would have been OK with it as well. After all, it's just a matter of clicking the right sequence of tabs in order to run them. 😀
    No. They're pretty clearly labeled "Special".
  • Options
    I said it makes sense to me the way they are. That's about it.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Anyway, kabam agrees with the majority, sinister labs should be under event quests and variant should be in special quests. End of story, hope the changes come soon, no need to continue debating about philosophy here 😂.