5* hero crystals

Can someone please tell me how 4 of 7 of my last 5* openings were antman? Isn't there supposed to be some sort of random component to these drops? I'm really tired of being screwed over by kabam...

Comments

• Jaymix79Jaymix79 Posts: 11
    I haven’t pulled four. But I did pull back to back Gambits. That’s was fun.
  • MawrCalleachMawrCalleach Posts: 90
    jsmitty57 said:

Can someone please tell me how 4 of 7 of my last 5* openings were antman? Isn't there supposed to be some sort of random component to these drops? I'm really tired of being screwed over by kabam...

That's the random component there. It's definitely not normal to pull 4 of the same out of 7.
  • Midnite93Midnite93 Posts: 1,573 ★★★★
    Just pop the damn crystals lol
  • Woody15Woody15 Posts: 188
    Antman with the Quantum Trinity can hit pretty hard once you stack up those fatigues/poisons. Plus he's pretty tanky with his health pool and glances. I like using Antman more than Ghost or Wasp when I run the Trinity
  • jsmitty57jsmitty57 Posts: 25
    Yeah I guess thats just garbage. I mean... 4 antmans... 1 from a featured thats 45000 reds that have just been wasted. I feel that there is no random component with that lot. I mean 4 of 7? The same person? Yeah that sounds like a bug or they literally just hate me. Not to mention two more of those 7 we groot and king groot... Fml
    This is why i will nevee give this company money again. All they do is screw me over
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 121
    jsmitty57 said:

Yeah I guess thats just garbage. I mean... 4 antmans... 1 from a featured thats 45000 reds that have just been wasted. I feel that there is no random component with that lot. I mean 4 of 7? The same person? Yeah that sounds like a bug or they literally just hate me. Not to mention two more of those 7 we groot and king groot... Fml

Dupe that King Groot and watch him be even more tanky. Takes awhile to kill things but put majesty does not die
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 167
    jsmitty57 said:

This is why i will nevee give this company money again. All they do is screw me over

You could be the first to have a 5/65 ant man in the entire community

Go go go...!!!!!

Lmao at this rate that may be my only option
  • UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 1,779 ★★★★
    The drop rates aren't cumulative. Yes, the distinct event of pulling [X] [Y] times in a row or [X] [Y] times out of [Z] pulls is rather unlikely.

But that's not what the game calculates, when opening a crystal. Even if you open 20 crystals in a row, every single one of them has the exact same chance to either roll an antman or not.

Again, not cumulative.
    Funny thing I asked them for an explanation as to how thats comsidered random drops... Ofc all they have to say is their same generic BS they always say.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 1,561 ★★★
    AlphA101 said:

jsmitty57 said:

You could be the first to have a 5/65 ant man in the entire community

Go go go...!!!!!

I think there’s some hardcore Ghost players out there with Ant-man at 5/65

The drop rates aren't cumulative. Yes, the distinct event of pulling [X] [Y] times in a row or [X] [Y] times out of [Z] pulls is rather unlikely.

But that's not what the game calculates, when opening a crystal. Even if you open 20 crystals in a row, every single one of them has the exact same chance to either roll an antman or not.

Again, not cumulative.

Which we understand but, never the less, something seems fishy about this. I mean if there are letsa say 126 different 5 stars... 1 of 126 is antman, so there is a .008 chance to get antman, to have that happen 4 times... Of 7 attempts is a dang anomoly.
    edited August 14
    jsmitty57 said:

Again, not cumulative.

Which we understand but, never the less, something seems fishy about this. I mean if there are letsa say 126 different 5 stars... 1 of 126 is antman, so there is a .008 chance to get antman, to have that happen 4 times... Of 7 attempts is a dang anomoly.
    The last part of your comment clearly shows how you didn't understand what I was saying.

If you open 7 crystals in a row your chance of pulling antman is 1 in [current size of pool] for every single one of those 7 crystals.

It's not cumulative, so the exact chance for pulling [X] 3 times out of 7 is a non factor.
    Ok lets break it down mister smarts. This is independent probability. So what we do is take the size of the population (126) then we take the desired result. Antman being 1 of 126, then we divide that. You still with me? Then we add in the number of atrempts which is 7 attempts.

Leaving a roughly .008 chance that 1 selected will be antman. Since we are calculating independent probability, the outcome of each drop doesn't have any effect on the last.

So out of 7 attempts (that do not have any effect over one another) 4 of these remain the same character.

Thats like dropping a ball into a pit of 126 cups 7 times and getting the same cup 4 of those 7 times. It's an anomaly that would happen. Idiot

It not about the number of events taking place, its about the number of occurrences of 1 particular event.
    Sounds like you need to learn better statistics
    Stay in your lane taco sauce. And get off my thread until you can PROPERLY read and comment on whats being talked about
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 406 ★★
    jsmitty57 said:

Funny thing I asked them for an explanation as to how thats comsidered random drops... Ofc all they have to say is their same generic BS they always say.

At what point would you have believed it was random, 3/7 ant man, 2/7? 1/7?

In order for any of those to be guaranteed, the crystals would have to be directly connected to the one's opened before.

I get where you're coming from. I went through a streak of 4/7 Rocket and later on 3/7 HB. That doesn't mean I dont think the results arent random.
    So if I drop a ball and it lands in the same cup 4 times, in a pool of 126 cups, thats not a shocking result? The odds of that are so little that it almost makes no sense. Meaning there has to be a bug. To remain in a 0.8% bracket would shock anyone when the results are supposed to be random. Which leads me to believe that KABAM does this to people quite often. Meaning their "random crystal drops" are actually geared towards giving the lesser desired champions whenever it's supposed to be an even chance across the playing field.
    djr17 said:

jsmitty57 said:

At what point would you have believed it was random, 3/7 ant man, 2/7? 1/7?

In order for any of those to be guaranteed, the crystals would have to be directly connected to the one's opened before.

I get where you're coming from. I went through a streak of 4/7 Rocket and later on 3/7 HB. That doesn't mean I dont think the results arent random.
    Read whats going on before saying stuff. Makes you look less than educated buddy. What part of independent probability do you not understand?
    So you don't know what cumulative means?

The next pull does not factor in any of the pulls before. Every pull is its own individual event.

Statistics are irrelevant here.

There's a chance of [X] to [Y] to pull any certain champ out of any given pool. How many crystals you open doesn't change that.

For the sake of baby jesus, ask your parents to drop you one more time, maybe this will fix the damage already done.
    edited August 14
    Look up the definition of statistics and then you may have an understanding of how it applies. You sound like an idiot right now
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 87
    omfg its random i could pull 20 ant mans in row or 20 ghost its random i have pulled my hulk buster 3 times in a row but haven't pulled him since so its random and not rigged to set u up to get a bad champ
    jsmitty57 said:

So you don't know what cumulative means?

The next pull does not factor in any of the pulls before. Every pull is its own individual event.

Statistics are irrelevant here.

There's a chance of [X] to [Y] to pull any certain champ out of any given pool. How many crystals you open doesn't change that.

For the sake of baby jesus, ask your parents to drop you one more time, maybe this will fix the damage already done.

Hey buddy... What part of independent probability do you not get? Go back to your online school. Sheeze
    There part about how it is relevant to a system calculating distinct individual events without cumulatively factoring in any other event/outcome?

The overall probability of 3 antmen out of 7 crystals isn't a part of any of the calculations the game does when opening a crystal.

On a side note:

Are you familiar with this formula right here? p=m/V
    Okay, you must not understand what I'm sayimg otherwise you may shut your mouth. Meaning that i dont have the time to argue with someone that has to be right, thats like talking to a brick. So ypu can think that you're right all that you want. Your opinion means very little to me or this discussion. I'm talking probability and statistics and how they play a key role in the events of opening the same champion 4 out of the last 7 times. The odds for that are so miniscule that they do not make sense when applying the "calculation of crystal openings" that kabam has set. My math was even off because there are more than 126 champions leaving the odds even small to have that happen. For the love of jesus look up independent probability and educate yourself on what I'm saying. Its like you're arguing for the sake of arguing and its highly irritating that someone as idiotic as you has access to the forums. Therefore I reiterate my stance that the crystals are rigged by certain algorithms in order to drop less than desirable drops for certain summoner, I.e. free to play. Please further educate yourself before trying to sound that way, pompous cretin.
    jsmitty57 said:

Okay, you must not understand what I'm sayimg otherwise you may shut your mouth. Meaning that i dont have the time to argue with someone that has to be right, thats like talking to a brick. So ypu can think that you're right all that you want. Your opinion means very little to me or this discussion. I'm talking probability and statistics and how they play a key role in the events of opening the same champion 4 out of the last 7 times. The odds for that are so miniscule that they do not make sense when applying the "calculation of crystal openings" that kabam has set. My math was even off because there are more than 126 champions leaving the odds even small to have that happen. For the love of jesus look up independent probability and educate yourself on what I'm saying. Its like you're arguing for the sake of arguing and its highly irritating that someone as idiotic as you has access to the forums. Therefore I reiterate my stance that the crystals are rigged by certain algorithms in order to drop less than desirable drops for certain summoner, I.e. free to play. Please further educate yourself before trying to sound that way, pompous cretin.

p=m/V

p is over 9000!!!!!
  • The odds of pulling any particular champion from a crystal are the same as receiving any other champion in that crystal unless stated otherwise. With the number of crystals that the community opens in a given day and due to the nature of randomness, it is entirely statistically possible for somebody to receive the same champion from different crystals. In light of the question being answered and this thread quickly going off the rails and becoming personal, we're going to be closing this thread.
This discussion has been closed.