**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Warlock’s Offensive Ability Accuracy Reduction Is Reducing Defensive Ability Accuracy

2»

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    My last post, the first gif is a bad example. It was masochism that caused the parry to fail. I’ll include a failed parry from that fight under a spoiler at the end.

Here are two gifs showing how crit failure can proc both defensively or offensively.

Offensively, Proxima fails to parry stun Domino and does not proc Critical Failure. (Twice in a row btw).

Defensively, CAIW fails to proc his second bleed of his special 1 (which reduces defensive ability accuracy by 100% and procs a bleed on each hit) without proccing critical failure.

*It appears Domino’s AAR can cause Proxima’s -200% OAAR to crit fail also, not something I was aware of until today.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Munash said:

arni2 said:

No one really knows for sure what is offensive and what is defensive abilities, for example magik’s limbo can be both.
    We need a way in description of the champs that will tell us that is offensive and what is defensive, and not speculate it.

We can actually ...
    Limbo is both offensive and a defensive ability. Deppends on how it was triggered. By using her special attacks, limbo triggers offensively. By reaching a bar of power and due to her sig ability, limbo triggers deffensively.
    And if she reaches a bar of power by hitting you or due to mystic dispersion?
    It still counts as a deffensive ability
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★

Munash said:

arni2 said:

No one really knows for sure what is offensive and what is defensive abilities, for example magik’s limbo can be both.
    We need a way in description of the champs that will tell us that is offensive and what is defensive, and not speculate it.

We can actually ...
    Limbo is both offensive and a defensive ability. Deppends on how it was triggered. By using her special attacks, limbo triggers offensively. By reaching a bar of power and due to her sig ability, limbo triggers deffensively.
    Not according to what is written by some of you. She was hitting me. It’s offensive...
    Anyway, you all speculating, saying how it works when no one except Kabam devs knows how it works. I prefer to hear it from them (no disrespect)
    It's not specualtion ...
    Just like other games, you get more and more knowledge by playing it more. This is no exception, offensive and defensive abilities can be easily detected with regular info on the game
  • gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★
    So happy that between him & captain marvel, i choose captain marvel.

I believe at that situation , they should change just his description, because to reach 4 infections (so 100% reduction) is difficult and you need the cable synergy.
    edited October 2019
    arni2 said:

Anyway, you all speculating, saying how it works when no one except Kabam devs knows how it works. I prefer to hear it from them (no disrespect)

It’s not speculation but hey go ahead and keep denying it.

Again offensive abilities are things that happen while attacking and defensive abilities are things the happen while being attacked.

I don’t know if you’re trolling at this point, posting from an emotional place or what you hope to accomplish by denying explanations and evidence of the very information you asked for but denying them is ridiculous, insulting and disrespectful.
  • Asean18Asean18 Posts: 18
    Do you know proxima blocking is bugged, if blocking have -200% AA how can domino make her parry fail with only -15% AAR none of domino ability suppose to trigger when attacking her block
    Asean18 said:

Do you know proxima blocking is bugged, if blocking have -200% AA how can domino make her parry fail with only -15% AAR none of domino ability suppose to trigger when attacking her block

When you start a fight against Domino she reduces your AA by 15% (this increases to 50% when you’re unlucky). Proxima has an 85% chance to parry Domino, her -200% OAAR isn’t a factor. You can see this interaction with the first gif on this page. Proxima fails the parry twice in a row but her -200% OAAR spares her the crit fail.

Additionally it appears Proxima’s ability of -OAA has a reduced chance, meaning that while blocking Domino Proxima has an chance to fail to proc her OAA and incur a Crit Fail from Domino.

All this isn’t easy to wrap your head around, which is partly why we hear things like “no one knows” when using Domino as an example for OAA/DAA.
    Hellow said:

arni2 said:

Munash said:

arni2 said:

We can actually ...
    Not according to what is written by some of you. She was hitting me. It’s offensive...
    I think they are also just straight up passive abilities
    Dominos natural 15% AAR might be one
    So could hypes power gain and cosmic
    Basically everything is just an ability, however if an ability procs during an offensive/defensive action OAAR/DAAR are in play respectively.

Think of it like this, OAAR reduces the opponents AA while they are striking. Inversely DAAR reduces the opponents AA when struck.

The list of offensive and defensive abilities is, none of them and all of them depending on what action is being taken at the time an ability procs.
    I don’t understand why my comment removed. I just want to get clarification from Dev team regarding offensive and defensive abilities
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    arni2 said:

I don’t understand why my comment removed. I just want to get clarification from Dev team regarding offensive and defensive abilities

bumping a post and tagging the mods are against the forum rules.
    So it just will be ignored and buried...
    edited October 2019
    arni2 said:

So it just will be ignored and buried...

Don’t know what you mean, the thread was brought to a conclusion. The resolution of this issue is pending an update and satisfies the intent.

If you’re asking about ability accuracy itself there’s one specifically for that.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1021108#Comment_1021108

*If your talking about your inability to accept your fellow players explanation of oaar/daar either prove their explanations/assertions wrong or move on; pouting isn't a good look.
  • ShaaneneganShaanenegan Posts: 112
    I think its the generic ability reduction, like archangel's awakened ability.And the champion description can be updated if required.

I think its the generic ability reduction, like archangel's awakened ability.And the champion description can be updated if required.

In Warlock's case, it is intended to only be offensive ability accuracy, and not offensive + defensive

In Warlock's case, it is intended to only be offensive ability accuracy, and not offensive + defensive
    Or maybe it was intended to be both & the description is wrong. Lets not try to force a nerf. He is great as it is; Not overpowered.

Or maybe it was intended to be both & the description is wrong. Lets not try to force a nerf. He is great as it is; Not overpowered.
    Not forcing a nerf, but rather forcing a bug fix.
    It is intended to only be offensive ability accuracy, as stated by the mods and on his spotlight.
    Lets not try to force a buff

Not forcing a nerf, but rather forcing a bug fix.
    It is intended to only be offensive ability accuracy, as stated by the mods and on his spotlight.
    Lets not try to force a buff
    Sure we can debate on both ends here. But the champ is offensive, makes no sense for it to reduce offensive ability. There have been enough times the description of champs have been wrong. Cant rule out the possibility.

• LJFLJF Posts: 172 ★★★

Hi all,

We are working on a fix for this and hope to have it out soon!

@Kabam Lyra could you elaborate on what the fix will be? I understand if you don't have all the details or a timeline, but it would be enormously helpful to know if Warlock's description is incorrect (i.e. he should reduce all ability accuracy, not just offensive), the character is bugged (he is reducing all ability accuracy, and shouldn't), or something in the middle (our definitions of offensive and defensive ability accuracy are misunderstood, Warlock is reducing offensive ability accuracy already and there is no issue).

Without this information, it is very difficult to make rank-up decisions.

Thank you.
    LJF said:

Hi all,

@Kabam Lyra could you elaborate on what the fix will be? I understand if you don't have all the details or a timeline, but it would be enormously helpful to know if Warlock's description is incorrect (i.e. he should reduce all ability accuracy, not just offensive), the character is bugged (he is reducing all ability accuracy, and shouldn't), or something in the middle (our definitions of offensive and defensive ability accuracy are misunderstood, Warlock is reducing offensive ability accuracy already and there is no issue).

Without this information, it is very difficult to make rank-up decisions.

Thank you.
    they are making it so he does not decrease defensive ability accuracy, just offensive ability accuracy.

From the changelog:

Fixed an issue where Warlock's Techno-Organic virus was decreasing Defensive Ability Accuracy
  • nolcuNnolcuN Posts: 159 ★★
    edited November 2019
    My issue with this "fix". Issue reported August 28th, fix announced October 22nd. Why was there no further information provided in between?
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★

Hi all,

Bug that benefits the player? Oh no! Need a fix immediately!
    Run477 said:

Hi all,

Bug that benefits the player? Oh no! Need a fix immediately!
    so now immedate fix means 2 months? Also it hurts the payers as well as helps.
    edited November 2019
    The 25.0 patch notes state the issue with Warlock’s Offensive Ability Accuracy has been fixed but he is still affecting Defensive Ability Accuracy (possibly just Ability Accuracy in general).

I’ve recorded multiple fights where he prevents defensive abilities from triggering while infected. And I actually became aware of this continuing to be an issue when I thought I observed him preventing Thing’s rock stacks while Thing had the node Force of Will active (immune to AAR) in AW...

Checking to see if the team is aware the listed fix to the issue is unresolved or if you need the evidence.

• Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    If you have videos, please upload them to youtube and share them here as video is always helpful to demonstrate an issue. Thanks!
    edited November 2019
    No form of AAR is present in masteries; 0 in both assassins and pacify.

iPad Pro 10.5
    iOS 13.2
    WiFi
    Game version 25.0.1
    Present in quests, duels, and (?)alliance war

First video: Warlock interacting with a Thing’s rock stacks.
    Mode: Duel.

This first happens on the 15th and 16th rock stack which interferes with managing Thing’s unstoppable mechanic.
    At 59 seconds Warlock stuns thing and hits him yet no rock stack was generated.
    Also at some point he prevents Unstoppable from activating when pushing him over 15 rock stacks.

https://youtu.be/VZResGhnCzs

Second video: Warlock preventing Electro’s static shock.
    Mode: Daily Event Quest, Fantastic Invasion

The first 4 hits (and a few subsequent hits) prevents static shock from reflecting damage.

https://youtu.be/r6C-OL7frJw

Third video: Warlock preventing Luke Cage’s indestructible from activating.
    Mode: Daily Event Quest, Fantastic Invasion

Straight forward he hit’s LC and indestructible does not trigger; twice.

*Proper link
    https://youtu.be/S1e8_7ETOTw

Forth video: Warlock preventing Ultron from triggering his healing ability (both at 50 and 25 percent) with the Composite Construction node (All Tech Champions are immune to Ability Accuracy Modification).
    Mode Quest Back Issues #3 Polar Opposites 1.1 (middle path)

Ignoring AA modification immunity paired with stun immunity (no way to shut down Ultron’s healing ability) Warlock prevents Ultron from Triggering his healing ability at 50% and stops Ultron from even processing the command at 25%.

https://youtu.be/gLKJjz68wBs

In reference to the forth video, here is Ultron triggering his heal buff while infected, showing that the heal block does not prevent the buff itself from activating. Mode: Quest, Act 6.1.3
  • Thanks for the video, we'll pass it along to the rest of the team.