**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The problem with End Game Content like Act 6/Variant

SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,379 ★★★★★
The energy cost! The difficulty of the content is already enough, so why are you punishing people with the 3 energy per step? It feels bad if you messed up on the first champion of the quest that you’d have to spend 15-18 energy restarting the quest to get to that first champion? The 3 energy per step serves no purpose and no benefit. Please change this.

Comments

• Options
    Lormif said:

Siliyo said:

The energy cost! The difficulty of the content is already enough, so why are you punishing people with the 3 energy per step? It feels bad if you messed up on the first champion of the quest that you’d have to spend 15-18 energy restarting the quest to get to that first champion? The 3 energy per step serves no purpose and no benefit. Please change this.

It serves the purpose of limiting how fast you can access the content.
    Not true. If you want to limit how fast you can access the content, take a look at the Act 6 gates. Those gates were intended to limit how fast a progressing player can access the content, like Seatin’s ~3 month free to play account.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

Lormif said:

Siliyo said:

Not true. If you want to limit how fast you can access the content, take a look at the Act 6 gates. Those gates were intended to limit how fast a progressing player can access the content, like Seatin’s ~3 month free to play account.
    Different types of limit and access. You already stated in your first post that it acts to limit how fact you access it...
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Siliyo said:

Lormif said:

Siliyo said:

Different types of limit and access. You already stated in your first post that it acts to limit how fact you access it...
    I did not. You can access it quite fast actually, compared to the limit and access of the Act 6 gates. But the energy requirements like I said serve no purpose AND no benefit.
  • Options
    Siliyo said:

Lormif said:

Siliyo said:

Lormif said:

Siliyo said:

I did not. You can access it quite fast actually, compared to the limit and access of the Act 6 gates. But the energy requirements like I said serve no purpose AND no benefit.
    You litteally did
    Siliyo said:

• Options
    Siliyo said:

Lormif said:

Siliyo said:

Lormif said:

Siliyo said:

Lormif said:

Siliyo said:

You litteally did
    Siliyo said:

Ok GroundedWisdom 2.0, you’re clearly missing the point. 🤦🏽‍♂️
    So the point is something other than one you stated?
  • Options
    XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Guys, we don't need to call each other names.
    Harder quests require more energy. That's just how it is.
  • Options
    MawrCalleachMawrCalleach Posts: 260
    I always thought it's because you have more energy to spend. Lv 1 has like 20 energy? Lv.60 has 70. That's why the content released for end game players has high(3) energy per step.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Energy is a part of the requirement for the Rewards. It's supposed to cost Energy.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Nothing in the world comes free. lol
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Nothing in the world comes free. lol

Ain't that the truth, Ruth.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Obviously difficult content should require more energy. One thing that is annoying is when it takes 6 or 7 steps to get to the first fight ... And then you mess up. Always grinds my gears.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Don’t die then you don’t waste energy ✌️🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    so far i found 3.
  • Options
    Jestress said:

I don't really agree with the OP. I wouldn't really say there's even a problem with end game content. It's permanent content. If you can't beat it now, come back to it later. Simple as that.

Oh I’m sorry, did you want to forward that message to Brian Grant? He did itemless runs in Act 6. My post isn’t about there being a problem with the actual content of Act 6 (though a lot of people would agree there are too many fun & interactive matchups), my post is about energy costs being too high. Correct me if I’m wrong, but Realm of Legends, Road to the Labyrinth, and Labyrinth of Legends are 1 energy, yet they have some of the hardest enemies in the game. What are the people’s responses to that?
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

Jestress said:

I don't really agree with the OP. I wouldn't really say there's even a problem with end game content. It's permanent content. If you can't beat it now, come back to it later. Simple as that.

Oh I’m sorry, did you want to forward that message to Brian Grant? He did itemless runs in Act 6. My post isn’t about there being a problem with the actual content of Act 6 (though a lot of people would agree there are too many fun & interactive matchups), my post is about energy costs being too high. Correct me if I’m wrong, but Realm of Legends, Road to the Labyrinth, and Labyrinth of Legends are 1 energy, yet they have some of the hardest enemies in the game. What are the people’s responses to that?
    It’s Kabam’s game so they get to set the rules however they want.
  • Options
    Jestress said:

Siliyo said:

Jestress said:

No need to be salty. Yes, content requires energy. Would you like to clear all content in one day?
    The essence of mobile games is to play when you want, where you want since you carry your phone with you to most places. I’m not saying I’d like to clear all content in one day. In fact, a new player would not be able to because of their limited roster. Likewise with myself, I have yet to 100% Act 6.1 because I don’t have the champs to do so (which is another issue in itself).

What I am saying is I’d like more freedom to play MCOC whenever I want without these high energy costs.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I dislike the number of paths in act 6 more than I dislike the energy requirements for those paths. Glad that got changed for 6.3 which should help with energy usage.
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    I do hate the paths that are over 70 energy but those paths are quite rare to find
  • Options
    Siliyo said:

Jestress said:

In that content they limit progress by making it hard, super hard, in acts and in events they limit it through energy, how hard is this to understand.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    There are several reasons for the energy cost not going down. The main reason is that they want to take away as many units as they can. This is the reason why legends runs are encouraged, you have to buy I believe 50 energy refills for act 6.2.6. The less units you have the more likely you run out and have to buy revives to finish.

So it is a definite money source completely outside of your skill and how hard the content is. So yes it is the cost of completely hard content. I don't agree with this method but it makes sense business wise. That was the whole point of the monthly events legend runs. It about having to spend for boosts and energy refills because any cavalier player would not find the content hard.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian
    Siliyo said:

That's actually the purpose to the energy cost (or at least one of them): to make it more costly to die. If it cost one energy, dying wouldn't be so bad: just exit and start over. Exiting and starting over is a valid strategy: I do it all the time on hard content. But it comes with a cost. Your choice is revive and push on, or exit and start over but have to burn energy. The reward for beating the defender skillfully is that you don't have to do either of those things.