**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Huge bug - Parry Timer is not correct vs generic quest NPCs

Comments

• MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    @CoatHang3r

Taken from the post you copy/pasted from Reddit 3 years ago.

Then:
    1.0 sec stun time from Parry (1/2/3 pts, stun time was the same, %reduction up to 33% depending on points)
    0.5 sec stun time from Stupefy at 3/3
    +0.X sec stun time from Perfect Block
    Minimum stun time ~1.6 seconds at maxed masteries

As confirmed from your link to Reddit, etc.

Now:
    1.5 at 1/3 Parry, 15% reduction in dmg
    1.7 at 2/3 Parry, 20% reduction in dmg
    2.0 at 3/3 Parry, 25% reduction in dmg
    +0.5 sec stun time from Stupefy at 3/3
    +0.X sec stun time from Perfect Block
    Minimum stun time ~2.6 seconds at maxed masteries - but it is actually closer to 2.0 seconds as I have proven at 1/3 in Parry and 3/3 in Parry, with Stupefy at 3/3 for both cases.

As you can see, they did change the base Parry time from 1.0 to 1.5 seconds, plus changed the damage reduction. To me, it looks like someone fat fingered it and forgot to code for the additional stun time on points 2 and points 3, as they did code for the base time change, and the damage reduction change.

It should be an easy hotfix, but hey, who am I to tell Kabam how easy it is to add a line of code to extend the stun time for the extra points.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Given all available video/archived evidence, No I do not see that parry stun time has changed. I see words have changed though.

I’ll continue to wait for you to prove Kabam changed parry from 1s to 1.5s then back to 1s. This should be easy to do; not really since all available video evidence contradicts that assertion.
    Uh, you must be kidding? *headscratch* I have never said it was 1.0 seconds. You have stated 1.0 and 1.5 seconds for the base stun within the same post. GW - is that you?

I just used the very same post you linked that states that the base stun time for 1/3 in Parry was 1.0 seconds. They made changes to it, as I have mentioned already.

Circa 3 years ago, it was a base stun of 1.0 plus PB, Stupefy, etc. Today, it is a base stun of 1.5/1.7/2.0 plus PB, Stupefy, etc. Clearly shown in previous posts - will not responding further to you as it is not germane to the current bug and situation.
    edited September 2019
    Madcat said:

Uh, you must be kidding? *headscratch* I have never said it was 1.0 seconds. You have stated 1.0 and 1.5 seconds for the base stun within the same post. GW - is that you?

I just used the very same post you linked that states that the base stun time for 1/3 in Parry was 1.0 seconds. They made changes to it, as I have mentioned already.

Circa 3 years ago, it was a base stun of 1.0 plus PB, Stupefy, etc. Today, it is a base stun of 1.5/1.7/2.0 plus PB, Stupefy, etc. Clearly shown in previous posts - will not responding further to you as it is not germane to the current bug and situation.

If you do not understand by now that the numbers listed for parry stun time are not base value but are instead max value for the rank listed then you are incapable of understanding that nothing has changed aside from the removal of “up to”.

Parry as introduced was 1.5/1.7/2.0 and remains the same today.

P.S. still waiting for proof of change in base time you claimed to possess.
    Per your post, circa 2015 to 2018:

1.0 + Stupefy + PB Bonus

Today:

Parry stun only lasts for 1.5 seconds at all 3 ranks, however, plus Stupefy, plus PB bonus. Hence it is a bug, as the base Parry stun time has been increased to 1.5 seconds, but points 2 and 3 do not add time as clearly stated they do TODAY. Any questions?
    I’ll reiterate that you do not understand. Parry at all ranks has a base time of 1 second which is why adding points to it doesn't not increase stun duration sans additional PB chance. It was the same years ago and remains the same today. Those stun values have been the same from day 1. What changed is the removal of two words which explains there is a base value that can be increased up to the stated value with PB chance.

Wait I do have a question, why do you not understand this, where is the confusion?

This is parry from 12/26/15. The stun values are the same as what you have posted and what is currently in game.

@CoatHang3r - show me a 1.0 second Parry stun on WS in RoL with 1/3 in Parry, 0/3 in Stupefy. Once you have done that, maybe you can answer why Parry 1/3 gives a ~1.5 second stun, just as it states clearly today in the description, and not ~1.0, like it did in the past. (Plus PB time, of course.)

I understand what you are saying, just disagree with your conclusions and you seem to not be understanding the issue fully.

The past version of Parry is different in 3 ways, period. Damage reduction, base stun length, and description.

Today, Parry is not functioning as the description states, period.
    Madcat said:

@CoatHang3r - show me a 1.0 second Parry stun on WS in RoL with 1/3 in Parry, 0/3 in Stupefy. Once you have done that, maybe you can answer why Parry 1/3 gives a ~1.5 second stun, just as it states clearly today in the description, and not ~1.0, like it did in the past. (Plus PB time, of course.)

I understand what you are saying, just disagree with your conclusions and you seem to not be understanding the issue fully.

The past version of Parry is different in 3 ways, period. Damage reduction, base stun length, and description.

Today, Parry is not functioning as the description states, period.

Easy peasy. Even got time stamped photos and reference video for you to examine. Parrys for days with blade of all rarities. Here’s the cool thing about Blade, when he parries he also puts a two second bleed on the enemy which will be half over when a one second parry expires and 3/4 over for 1.5. But regardless of that awesome timing look closely at the time stamps for the photos.

Given how we know parry to work the .1s is accounted for due to PB chance present in every champion (I also have 0/0 in masteries).

Method
    Record video on iPad.
    Transfer recording to phone.
    Record the original video with iPad software allowing for timestamp.

Timestamp 9.33s parry applies.

Timestamp 10.4s parry expires (notice the 2 second bleed is half over).

Timestamp 10.46s verifying parry has ended. (Again bleed at 50% of 2s)

Video reference. The video starts out showing the absence of deep wounds and me placing an single point in parry then entering the fight.
    https://youtu.be/MyLXR4_DFBo

Second video reference. This is a recording made of the previous video from a second device to provide the timestamp overlay.
    https://youtu.be/sV4Ju_mgK5M

It’s important to note that the time value displayed on the parry mastery has been unchanged since as far back as 12/26/15. How you deny this is unfathomable. That is it’s maximum value when PB chance factors in, The base is 1s.
    Coathanger - retested just for you.

1 pt in Parry, 0 in Stupefy. 1.5 seconds.

1 pt in Parry, 3 in Stupefy. 2.0 seconds

edited September 2019
    3 pt in Parry, 0 in Stupefy, 1.5 seconds:

3 pt in Parry, 0 in Stupefy, 2* Blade, 1.5 seconds:

So... believe me yet?
    edited September 2019
    Your gifs are distorting time. Why, how? I don’t know but here are time stamped screen shots taken from your 3/3 stupidy cull videos. They are all 1.5s stuns. Your gifs are flawed, try posting video.

I have posted video. And gifs distorting time? No. They are 6 second snips, of which I select the section to convert into a gif, in 0.1 increments, of said video. Meaning if I select 1.5 seconds of video to convert to a gif... it is still coming from a 1.5 section of video.

Now I know what is going on - you are altering the playback speed to align timestamps.

Try doing to age old adage on the original videos I posted of Cull during one of the stuns - "one thousand one, one thousand two"... oh hey, it is two seconds long, both of the stuns in both videos and one should be 0.5 seconds longer.

I think that's what he meant, which is the problem. By description they should be different.

I don't think so. He is clearly stating that parry alone stuns for 1.5s when it does not. Is using the time stamp from a gif maker that can easily be rounding up or is inaccurate. If he posts the videos i’ll time stamp them for him to show him that his 0/0 stupefy parry stuns are all 1s.
    Madcat said:

Try doing to age old adage on the original videos I posted of Cull during one of the stuns - "one thousand one, one thousand two"... oh hey, it is two seconds long, both of the stuns in both videos and one should be 0.5 seconds longer.

They are not when actually measuring them. Post videos.

1s stun.

Obviously we are going to disagree. Either way, Parry states minimum 1.5 sec stun at 1 pt, 2.0 sec stun at 3 pts. I see only 1.5 sec stuns with 1 or 3 points - you say 1.0 with 1 or 3 points. Point is - it is shorter than it states and should be.
    Madcat said:

Obviously we are going to disagree. Either way, Parry states minimum 1.5 sec stun at 1 pt, 2.0 sec stun at 3 pts. I see only 1.5 sec stuns with 1 or 3 points - you say 1.0 with 1 or 3 points. Point is - it is shorter than it states and should be.

I don't think disagreeing with reality does much for you. But yes we do agree the way it’s currently worded states that stuns should be longer, however it’s been proven now that nothing has been changed with parry and it is still 1s base for all ranks increased by PB chance which is how it was worded up until sometime in the past 8 months.

Have a good day, looking forward to the description rewrite.

I see 1.6 secs, using Youtube's own software. Agreed - it is shorter than it states for 2/3 and 3/3 in Parry. Only thing we disagree on is the base time. Not sure why we see a different base time. Either way, hope they fix it.
    The youtube thing is cool. Didn't think of that and it’s cleaner than how i was doing it. Here’s my 1s.
    First is just prior to stun, then the stun, then just prior to the debuff disappearing and finally after the stun disappears.

Here’s the youtube of your 1s 2* blade.

I see your point on your videos - however, it still means Parry is not working as the description states at 1/3, 2/3, or 3/3. Not sure why our videos show different; either way, Parry is still not working "properly".
  • mdsubmdsub Posts: 180
    This is broken. I have the entire Parry mastery chain maxed & lately I'm having a bunch of trouble trying to follow a parry with a heavy attack.
  • mdsub said:

This is broken. I have the entire Parry mastery chain maxed & lately I'm having a bunch of trouble trying to follow a parry with a heavy attack.

Is that with either the newest iPhone or the new iOS version ?? That is a separate issue, and there are other threads for that.

This issue is that the duration of Parry Stun is not matching the description specified in Masteries, and/or whose “actual stun duration” when having Parry at Level 2 or 3 may have been changed very recently (separate from the change in “wording” of it longer ago).
  • After discussions on the topic last month, has anyone tested out the October Update yet to see if Parry wording or actual durations has been updated with this new version ??
This discussion has been closed.