**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

DOUBLE VISION IN THE BATTLEREALM! September’s Event Quest: Amazing Fantasy!

13»

Comments

• Options

Werewrym said:

Uncollected has unquestionably become more difficult. Go watch videos of uncollected in 2017, it’s much different than it is now.

Especially if you never played UC at that time yet still want to tell those who did it hasn't changed.

lol, now most paths have 2 nodes on them. Fighting the Mighty Charge and Aggressive path now. Reminds me of 2017!
    The Quests are clearly visible for anyone to see and compare online. You don't need to play it since then to know how it's changed. Further to that, I never said it hasn't changed. I said it hasn't changed beyond what people are capable of, and the game and Players have grown with it. People are going in with R2 6*s and R5 5*s now. Not to mention the Champs themselves have evolved since then. Of course It's changed. So have we. So has the game.
    No other content in the game has increased in difficulty w/o ever increasing rewards IIRC.
    Actually, Kabam stated that Master difficulty was also tweaked over time to be more difficult before they introduced Uncollected. And they gave their reasons for doing so when they introduced Uncollected: the top tier of difficulty for the monthly quest was different from the other difficulties in that the lower tier difficulties had fixed difficulty but the top tier difficulty adjusted over time relative to the players tackling it: as players got strong on average, the difficulty rose to match. This was to compromise between the need to have the difficulty be relatively stable and the need to have difficulty tiers that targeted higher progress players. As they couldn't keep adding difficulty tiers, they "floated" the top tier difficulty. When they added Uncollected, they simultaneously dramatically lowered Master difficulty to where the difficulty curve of the lower tiers suggested it "ought" to be, as it no longer needed to fulfill the extra job of addressing a wider range of higher progression players.

So Uncollected isn't doing anything Master before it didn't do.

• Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,778 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

Uncollected has unquestionably become more difficult. Go watch videos of uncollected in 2017, it’s much different than it is now.

Especially if you never played UC at that time yet still want to tell those who did it hasn't changed.

lol, now most paths have 2 nodes on them. Fighting the Mighty Charge and Aggressive path now. Reminds me of 2017!
    The Quests are clearly visible for anyone to see and compare online. You don't need to play it since then to know how it's changed. Further to that, I never said it hasn't changed. I said it hasn't changed beyond what people are capable of, and the game and Players have grown with it. People are going in with R2 6*s and R5 5*s now. Not to mention the Champs themselves have evolved since then. Of course It's changed. So have we. So has the game.
    No other content in the game has increased in difficulty w/o ever increasing rewards IIRC.
    Actually, Kabam stated that Master difficulty was also tweaked over time to be more difficult before they introduced Uncollected. And they gave their reasons for doing so when they introduced Uncollected: the top tier of difficulty for the monthly quest was different from the other difficulties in that the lower tier difficulties had fixed difficulty but the top tier difficulty adjusted over time relative to the players tackling it: as players got strong on average, the difficulty rose to match. This was to compromise between the need to have the difficulty be relatively stable and the need to have difficulty tiers that targeted higher progress players. As they couldn't keep adding difficulty tiers, they "floated" the top tier difficulty. When they added Uncollected, they simultaneously dramatically lowered Master difficulty to where the difficulty curve of the lower tiers suggested it "ought" to be, as it no longer needed to fulfill the extra job of addressing a wider range of higher progression players.

But that's not what eq is meant for. That's what story and permanent stuff is for. Eq is extremely limited time events. It's not supposed to get harder just because a portion of the playerbase gets stronger. Your supposed to introduce harder content aka cavalier or epic.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

So they dropped master difficulty AND increased the rewards. Not sure how that's supposed to prove that UC isn't the only part of the game to get harder and NEVER get a rewards increase. Maybe a few more paragraphs will help?
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

So they dropped master difficulty AND increased the rewards. Not sure how that's supposed to prove that UC isn't the only part of the game to get harder and NEVER get a rewards increase. Maybe a few more paragraphs will help?
    They did not increase Master rewards as they varied its difficulty up and down, prior to the introduction of UC.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

But that's not what eq is meant for. That's what story and permanent stuff is for. Eq is extremely limited time events. It's not supposed to get harder just because a portion of the playerbase gets stronger. Your supposed to introduce harder content aka cavalier or epic.
    Apparently the people who make the game disagree with you.

It is more fundamental of a disagreement than you even realize, because like most games like this it is pretty obvious to me Kabam is using the same data-driven methods as most game operators. And that means the very definition of difficulty is data-dependent. Which is another way of saying that difficulty is judged not based on some paper analysis of the content, but on pure numbers: what percentage of the intended playerbase completes it.

In other words, according to you (I'm assuming) the exact same identical piece of content released month after month has constant difficulty. But according to data-driven game developers (which is like most of them in online gaming) that would be decreasing difficulty, because more and more players would be completing it due to them progressing.

UC doesn't get easier and harder because the devs want to make it easier and harder on a whim. It gets easier and harder because in data-driven terms UC's effective difficulty is being adjusted month by month to make its difficulty constant relative to its target audience. Its a very rough adjustment month by month, but on long time scales the trend is more obvious.

The only reason you don't really see this happen with, say, Easy difficulty is because Easy difficulty's intended target audience remains relatively fixed over time: relatively new players. New players are always new players, even as existing new players progress upward and new new players replace them. Where you see this most dramatically is at the top tier of players, because there's no way to "graduate" out of that player bracket (as there's no higher one). So UC, and to a lesser extent Master, are the only brackets where anything actually happens that's noticeable.
  • Options
    RadmelaRadmela Posts: 1
    Abı yapacağınız oyunun amk böyle bir rezalet yok adam yapay zeka 2. Özel yetenek sırasında darbenin ortasında nasıl kalkan tutuyor siliyorum oyunu emek veren herkesin amk
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,778 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Buttehrs said:

DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

It is more fundamental of a disagreement than you even realize, because like most games like this it is pretty obvious to me Kabam is using the same data-driven methods as most game operators. And that means the very definition of difficulty is data-dependent. Which is another way of saying that difficulty is judged not based on some paper analysis of the content, but on pure numbers: what percentage of the intended playerbase completes it.

In other words, according to you (I'm assuming) the exact same identical piece of content released month after month has constant difficulty. But according to data-driven game developers (which is like most of them in online gaming) that would be decreasing difficulty, because more and more players would be completing it due to them progressing.

UC doesn't get easier and harder because the devs want to make it easier and harder on a whim. It gets easier and harder because in data-driven terms UC's effective difficulty is being adjusted month by month to make its difficulty constant relative to its target audience. Its a very rough adjustment month by month, but on long time scales the trend is more obvious.

The only reason you don't really see this happen with, say, Easy difficulty is because Easy difficulty's intended target audience remains relatively fixed over time: relatively new players. New players are always new players, even as existing new players progress upward and new new players replace them. Where you see this most dramatically is at the top tier of players, because there's no way to "graduate" out of that player bracket (as there's no higher one). So UC, and to a lesser extent Master, are the only brackets where anything actually happens that's noticeable.
    That may be true when UC first came out, but it has been nearly 2 years. The amount of resources and new epic difficulties of special events prove that UC is no longer top dog and therefore they need to find both a way to keep UC stabilized AND introduce the next step up, especially with r3 6* on the horizon. Those r3 6* are going to blow past UC with such ease that theyll have no choice but to finally get something higher out there. Now part of that problem is energy consumption. No one will have enough free energy to do 6 levels of EQ and story or special events. But then again no one is forced to do all 6 either.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

DNA3000 said:

Buttehrs said:

DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

That may be true when UC first came out, but it has been nearly 2 years. The amount of resources and new epic difficulties of special events prove that UC is no longer top dog and therefore they need to find both a way to keep UC stabilized AND introduce the next step up, especially with r3 6* on the horizon.
    UC is the "top dog" in terms of the monthly quest. Other events have their own separate difficulty tiers and tier requirements. Just because an event contains an epic difficulty that is higher than that month's UC, that doesn't mean there's a specific problem with UC, because there's no law that says the normal monthly events must contain the highest difficulty of all events. It is more the reverse than anything.

One thing and one thing only is going to determine when we get a difficulty tier higher than UC within the normal monthly quests. And that is when the devs determine enough players exist that could comfortably do it, given the approximate difficulty scale that the higher difficulty will likely have. Nothing else really matters, and at the moment I'm skeptical that a sufficient number of players actually exists yet.

The point of the standard difficulty tiers for the monthly quests isn't to be there to challenge the first player to reach a new progress mark. If you're the first player to rank up r3s, the only thing you're really going to be using them for is content like the maze, until enough players catch up to you.
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Buttehrs said:

DNA3000 said:

Buttehrs said:

DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

That may be true when UC first came out, but it has been nearly 2 years. The amount of resources and new epic difficulties of special events prove that UC is no longer top dog and therefore they need to find both a way to keep UC stabilized AND introduce the next step up, especially with r3 6* on the horizon.
    UC is the "top dog" in terms of the monthly quest. Other events have their own separate difficulty tiers and tier requirements. Just because an event contains an epic difficulty that is higher than that month's UC, that doesn't mean there's a specific problem with UC, because there's no law that says the normal monthly events must contain the highest difficulty of all events. It is more the reverse than anything.

One thing and one thing only is going to determine when we get a difficulty tier higher than UC within the normal monthly quests. And that is when the devs determine enough players exist that could comfortably do it, given the approximate difficulty scale that the higher difficulty will likely have. Nothing else really matters, and at the moment I'm skeptical that a sufficient number of players actually exists yet.

The point of the standard difficulty tiers for the monthly quests isn't to be there to challenge the first player to reach a new progress mark. If you're the first player to rank up r3s, the only thing you're really going to be using them for is content like the maze, until enough players catch up to you.
    I disagree with why they wont put new difficulty in. They have added tons of content that only a very small percentage of playerbase can achieve so thats not the major problem. What kabam are really looking for is the durability of a new mode. They want to keep the playerbase interested in the new diffculty and not be able to clear it extremely fast with rank 3s for example. What I think will happen is that they will introduce a new difficulty when 6.4 releases and tune it for rank 4 and 5s and then make 6 star rank 3s more accessible.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    There's also the Reward factor. Having another Difficulty means having Rewards that are significantly increased from Uncollected. Which means the game must be at the stage that it's ready for that kind of flow.
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

Buttehrs said:

DNA3000 said:

Buttehrs said:

DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

I disagree with why they wont put new difficulty in. They have added tons of content that only a very small percentage of playerbase can achieve so thats not the major problem. What kabam are really looking for is the durability of a new mode. They want to keep the playerbase interested in the new diffculty and not be able to clear it extremely fast with rank 3s for example. What I think will happen is that they will introduce a new difficulty when 6.4 releases and tune it for rank 4 and 5s and then make 6 star rank 3s more accessible.
    Permanent content can be made so difficult that few people can do it when it first comes out, and the playerbase has to grow into it: things like Labyrinth for example can be made "durable." The reason is specifically because it is in fact permanent: people have an unlimited amount of time to grow into it. Ditto Act 6.

But if you were to make a monthly difficulty that few if any players could defeat initially, then that would mean you'd be spending a lot of development time on content no one was doing - because no one was strong enough to do it. Almost no one would do the first month, or the second month, or the third month. That's a waste of development resources. A one-off just to test the playerbase like the Maze can be justified, but spending dev time month after month on a difficulty tier no one was actually doing couldn't be cost-justified in my opinion. I don't think you could get a producer to sign off on that idea.
  • Options
    bhairy42bhairy42 Posts: 15
    edited September 2019
    Firstly, MCoC is great game and a lot of fun.....when it’s actually working. However, as time goes by we are constantly being greeted by disappointing EQ rewards, even worse side events and bug after bug after bug. Naturally, it’s takes days sometimes just hours to remove bugs that benefit the players but months and months to “adjust” UC rewards for the good of the community. Unless you plan on whaling out on Cavalier crystals, it’s basically a waste of time and effort going for cavalier. Get your act together KABAM and while you’re at it, sort out the bug fiasco :-)
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    BENJI830 said:

ZERO UNITS for Uncollected, when all other difficulties are +150 units? Is that the way it’s always been?

Yes.