**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Fixing all the heavy attacks that link.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    CodeOmega said:

Really? You’re “fixing” the heavies of 15 more champions?? These champions are mostly ones introduced in 2015, and they have been able to do this in game for 4 years now. That’s a long time for something to be in the game and then be called a “bug”. It’s not a bug. If so it would’ve been fixed many years ago. Seems as though you got the idea to do this after “fixing” she hulk. Seems very fishy

That is not how bugs work, bugs can persist for years or decades. What defines a bug is if it is intentional or not, and how long it is in the game does not define that.
    CodeOmega said:

@Lormif you’re telling me they didn’t realize this for 4 years??? Bugs are usually fixed quickly, especially in an ever changing game (then some new ones arise). Pretty evident they watched KT1 video and decided to do this

Bugs are only fixed if they are known about. And sure, there is evidence in the other threads that they did not know, such as when it was recommended to add this feature they thought it could be a good idea, therefore they did not know champs could do this and that is how wasp came about.
    CodeOmega said:

@Lormif pretty bad company to not realize this for 4 years then. I’ve never seen a bug not recognized for so long by the developers, especially since they have things like betas and CCP videos they use and watch

Then you obviously have not been in any sort of major programming environment.... Intel and AMD had this nastly little bug called meltdown and specter in their systems for decades before it was descovered. Every major application has bugs unknown by the devs, that is why there is bug bounty programs.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,763 ★★★★★
    CodeOmega said:

Tell me what other “bugs” are still in the game after all this time. Longest I’ve seen a bug in this game is over 6 months (and it was recognized almost immediately)

I can only thing of the autoevade bug. Not only was it around a long time, it still creeps back occasionally lol
    CodeOmega said:

@Lormif I’ve been using python to program for years. I know that bugs can be hard to find and detect sometimes, especially when you have a lot of code. This doesn’t seem like a bug to me at all. It doesn’t break the game (literally all these champs are mediocre). I respect your opinion, but I think this is not right

Just because you script does not mean that you have major experience in programming or dealing with major applications.

Bugs are not defined as something that "breaks the game", they are defined as something that is unintentional. They could enhance the game, but if it is intentional it is a bug, at which point they have to decide if they want to change their intentions.

In addition they are required to do this. The entire premise of the she-hulk fix is that the only champ that is supposed to do this is wasp, and everyone is bugged. If they left these as is then the she-hulk appears to be specifically because of the champion and not because of the bug.

Lormif said:

So annoying it’s claimed to be a “Bug Fix”

Yeah since the existence of the champs? Really a bug, it’s onoy because she hulk was costing them money on Champion.... like they don’t make enough anyway which is plain greedy!

No other way to look or explain it, well all see through it Kabam, absolutely disgrace!

I remember @DorkLessons did a video asking a dev if there would be a way to chain into a combo; and he even loved the idea (the dev)

Well what’s happening now... is that was a feature and you are taking it away, just to get more money in Act 6 which is absolute trash content anyway.

You can see all your players are loving this, why remove it?

Already been out in jail so guess my ban is due now, just to shut me up.... even though I defend things you do too, which is fine clearly.

Someone needs to speak up though, just a shame we get thrown to the trash and not able to be part of the community.

In your post you just illustrated that it was not known these champs could do this, otherwise the dev would not have loved the idea but pointed out it could already be done with these champs... Wait to defeat your own argument.
    With all the bugs there isn’t tons the devs do know.

I’ve known about the Iron man, Ultron, etc heavy punch at end of combo for over a year.

Plus the devs don’t play the game really.
    You have no evidence of any of this. The devs do know this game in ways you will never understand, and they know what is intended and what is not intended. They programmed it.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    There is a consistency issue, but these are not the same things. I do think it’s silly to nerf a bunch of champs that aren’t exceptional to begin with as it makes them ever more worthless... this honestly sounds like people who would just like the t2a back from their r4 drax who’s been worthless long before this... and really was never that great compared to current champs. Even if they kept his heavy chain and brought back the mordo counter he’d still be worthless today. People are just wanting to use this as an excuse to rank down drax because they ranked him a long time ago and regardless of abilities he’s just arena fodder and dust collector. It’s the truth, and you know it. I would wager a tiny number of people have an r4/5 drax who still use him for end game content or even would if the brought back the mordo counter. You can lie and say uh uh! I still use him... you’re lying though... you don’t. His damage is weak.. his utility is weak.. he has no immunities.. no synergies worthwhile... he’s a nothing champ. Just make peace with the rank up and move on.

🐻
This discussion has been closed.