**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Fixing all the heavy attacks that link.

Comments

• Options
    MRMOJO77MRMOJO77 Posts: 215
    It's quite simple really.. @Kabam Lyra you fixed the issue where she hulk would chain heavy and she wasn't supposed to and she arrived in 2016... these champs are 2015 and 2016 so same issue this long and finally a change to their Dynamics same compensation is warranted. Unless kabam really wants to admit she was fixed because champion in 6.2 wasn't making enough money. So we "fixed" this issue and to cover our tracks.. let's forget that she could easily beat champion.. let's say that wasn't an issue. Now we are left with a bug that was never identified fixed rdt issued because of the change.. therefore fair is fair the other champs should receive the same compensation.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

The problem is they have already set precedent by the she hulk nerf. They are doing the exact same thing here, whether people use said champs or not, but giving none of the equivalent compensation because they arent being used to defeat a major milestone boss. That's the problem. Seems fishy to me.

They already specified in the Thread on Shulk that the case was unique. Tickets are not for every change, and are not a regular occurrence.
  • Options
    Hey if yall gone do rank down tickets we need the gold to rank up another champ fix this asap. I ranked down my 5* she hulk but no gold to rank up my rag hulk. Benkjones18
  • Options
    And we need more rank down for the new changes to the other characters aswell. Change sometimes aint good!
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

The problem is they have already set precedent by the she hulk nerf. They are doing the exact same thing here, whether people use said champs or not, but giving none of the equivalent compensation because they arent being used to defeat a major milestone boss. That's the problem. Seems fishy to me.

They already specified in the Thread on Shulk that the case was unique. Tickets are not for every change, and are not a regular occurrence.
    They literally said they gave rdt for shulk strictly because she was used to beat 6.2 boss and these others arent therefore deserve zero compensation. Except they have the exact same issue she hulk had and arent supposed to chain heavies. How is that fair and balanced?
    They didn't say that at all. We inferred that because that's how they discovered it. The reality is the case warranted Tickets because a significant number of people Ranked her to cheese the Fight and had no idea it wasn't intended. They didn't communicate the issue in time and they said they would work on that. In this case, people are quite aware. Tickets aren't for every change.
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★

Not a single one of those champs has ANY benefit to throwing a heavy attack and people want RTD? Is that a joke? While i did agree with the she hulk RDT, in the long run it's going to be a negative because of all the garbage threads we're gonna get like this one.

I mostly agree. These have been meme champs for years. Except for reworked champs LC and OML. We have to consider that Kabam plans to rework quite a few champs on this list, so it's smart to address this ability now.
    As far as RDTs, I do not have Shehulk but agreed players deserved the compensation. I also think RDTs for these meme champs that I DO have is not necessary. I honestly never used this unintended ability for combo heavies. With any champ. Ever.
  • Options
    LeoGnarleyardoLeoGnarleyardo Posts: 355 ★★
    All this outrage is hilarious. You can chain anything together if you time it right, especially if you only throw a 4 hit combo then use your heavy, you nail it 9 times outta 10
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    The difference between she hulk and these other 15 champions is the fact that she hulk has significant utility tied to her heavy attack. Her bug or whatever you want to call it made it significantly easier to land heavies and access that utility. None of these other characters (aside from buffed version of OML) have any specific heavy utility. Will the characters be a little less effective because of this, probably. But you can't possibly be so stubborn to believe that this feature had any effect on the offensive or defensive viability of these characters. Kabam should have addressed this heavy bug earlier but they chose not to because it wasn't significantly impacting the game. And then, all of a sudden, it was. So she hulk got changed and appropriate compensation was handed out. But tons of people pointed out that other champs could do this as well and Kabam acknowledged that it is unfair to take the ability away from one champ just because it was useful to them. So now they're taking it from everyone.
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,157 ★★★★

Hi all,

We will not be issuing Rank Down Tickets for the other Champions that need to have the issue with the ability to Combo into a Heavy Attack fixed.

As mentioned in the announcement, Rank Down Tickets will not be given as a result of every Champion change or bug fix. They must be carefully considered on a case by case basis. In the case of She-Hulk this was being utilized regularly, and to defeat top tier content. The other Champions that will have this issue resolved have not been used in such a way. Thanks for your patience and understanding as we work toward a resolution for this issue.

I want my Drax RDT !
  • Options
    Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    This interaction is beyond a heavy attack function. Kabam wasn’t aware because we didn’t tell them. Top tier players have used this for as long as the champs have been around. Same with She-Hulk. Some tactics are not shared as much. As soon as She-Hulk was mentioned everyone chimes in that she’s not the only one. How Kabam wasn’t aware is beyond me. Not giving players the option to regain resources for these champs is a bad look.
    1) When Kabam said they working on older champs I didn’t think this is what they meant.
    2) I should’ve known better.
    3) Without She-Hulks ability for the Champion fight, no retreat needs to be removed from the 6.2 Champion fight.
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

So annoying it’s claimed to be a “Bug Fix”

Yeah since the existence of the champs? Really a bug, it’s onoy because she hulk was costing them money on Champion.... like they don’t make enough anyway which is plain greedy!

No other way to look or explain it, well all see through it Kabam, absolutely disgrace!

I remember @DorkLessons did a video asking a dev if there would be a way to chain into a combo; and he even loved the idea (the dev)

Well what’s happening now... is that was a feature and you are taking it away, just to get more money in Act 6 which is absolute trash content anyway.

You can see all your players are loving this, why remove it?

Already been out in jail so guess my ban is due now, just to shut me up.... even though I defend things you do too, which is fine clearly.

Someone needs to speak up though, just a shame we get thrown to the trash and not able to be part of the community.

In your post you just illustrated that it was not known these champs could do this, otherwise the dev would not have loved the idea but pointed out it could already be done with these champs... Wait to defeat your own argument.
    With all the bugs there isn’t tons the devs do know.

I’ve known about the Iron man, Ultron, etc heavy punch at end of combo for over a year.

Plus the devs don’t play the game really.
    You have no evidence of any of this. The devs do know this game in ways you will never understand, and they know what is intended and what is not intended. They programmed it.
    Well, the fact that they say things like "all champions have the same speed & cadence to attacks"... which someone playing the game for a week would know is entirely false, makes it seem they don't actually as much about the game as most hardcore players.
    I believe Miike is a forum mod and not a game developer
  • Options
    I'm sure most people are unsatisfied by this. Me I don't really know
  • Options
    CFree said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

They literally said they gave rdt for shulk strictly because she was used to beat 6.2 boss and these others arent therefore deserve zero compensation. Except they have the exact same issue she hulk had and arent supposed to chain heavies. How is that fair and balanced?
    They didn't say that at all. We inferred that because that's how they discovered it. The reality is the case warranted Tickets because a significant number of people Ranked her to cheese the Fight and had no idea it wasn't intended. They didn't communicate the issue in time and they said they would work on that. In this case, people are quite aware. Tickets aren't for every change.
    That’s an over generalization and you don’t speak for Kabam.
    No I don't, and that's not an over generalization. They did make it clear in the Announcement on She-Hulk that Tickets are not for every change. This is exactly one of the reasons I'm against them. Give them once, and the expectation grows. They said it themselves.
  • Options

Snizzbar said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

So annoying it’s claimed to be a “Bug Fix”

Yeah since the existence of the champs? Really a bug, it’s onoy because she hulk was costing them money on Champion.... like they don’t make enough anyway which is plain greedy!

No other way to look or explain it, well all see through it Kabam, absolutely disgrace!

I remember @DorkLessons did a video asking a dev if there would be a way to chain into a combo; and he even loved the idea (the dev)

Well what’s happening now... is that was a feature and you are taking it away, just to get more money in Act 6 which is absolute trash content anyway.

You can see all your players are loving this, why remove it?

Already been out in jail so guess my ban is due now, just to shut me up.... even though I defend things you do too, which is fine clearly.

Someone needs to speak up though, just a shame we get thrown to the trash and not able to be part of the community.

In your post you just illustrated that it was not known these champs could do this, otherwise the dev would not have loved the idea but pointed out it could already be done with these champs... Wait to defeat your own argument.
    With all the bugs there isn’t tons the devs do know.

I’ve known about the Iron man, Ultron, etc heavy punch at end of combo for over a year.

Plus the devs don’t play the game really.
    You have no evidence of any of this. The devs do know this game in ways you will never understand, and they know what is intended and what is not intended. They programmed it.
    Well, the fact that they say things like "all champions have the same speed & cadence to attacks"... which someone playing the game for a week would know is entirely false, makes it seem they don't actually as much about the game as most hardcore players.
    I believe Miike is a forum mod and not a game developer
    And? The fact that a Kabam employees have spread false information in the past, puts a bad name on the entire company.
    ONE Moderator misspoke. One who is no longer here to defend themselves.
  • Options
    arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Lormif said:

CodeOmega said:

@Lormif pretty bad company to not realize this for 4 years then. I’ve never seen a bug not recognized for so long by the developers, especially since they have things like betas and CCP videos they use and watch

Then you obviously have not been in any sort of major programming environment.... Intel and AMD had this nastly little bug called meltdown and specter in their systems for decades before it was descovered. Every major application has bugs unknown by the devs, that is why there is bug bounty programs.
    A terrible analogy. You mean to tell me that meltdown and specter had been in plain sight of AMD and Intel engineers and had been regularly demonstrated by users of PCs running AMD and Intel chips and yet both AMD and Intel had been oblivious to these nasty bugs?
This discussion has been closed.