**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Sig stone deal

I’m not sure where else to leave this feedback so I’ll leave it here. Merge it elsewhere if there’s already discussion that I missed :)

I just wanted to let Kabam know that I usually buy EVERY 5* sig stone deal that comes out. However, i’m not going to be purchasing the $50 deal today because of the recent announcement about the balance changes. I don’t see any point in pumping purchased sig stones into a champ that could be getting “adjusted” in 3 months. Again, in the past I was a sucker for any sig stone deals. I’m kind of sad that I don’t feel secure enough about any of my newer champs to want to put resources into them. Have a nice day, all

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    sig stones are almost exclusively for prestige, and any change has no impact on prestige (as far as i know, they've never lowered anyones prestige?)
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    gp87 said:

sig stones are almost exclusively for prestige, and any change has no impact on prestige (as far as i know, they've never lowered anyones prestige?)

If i wasn’t afraid of an upcoming nerf of namor, i would use that deal to upgrade his sig ability.. but if they nerf him like cull whats the point?
    His prestige, that's the point of sig stones. It's why i have him at sig 200, thor at sig 200, stealth spidey (who's basically a meme tier champ) at sig 200
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I’ve supported this game for a long time. I used to chomp on stuff like this all the time. Something has shifted though. When I saw the offer today I actually laughed. It suddenly appeared to be pure garbage.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Unless you're gonna be putting sig stones into one of the newer champs there is nothing to worry about as rebalancing doesn't affect older existing champs.

• SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited September 2019

Unless you're gonna be putting sig stones into one of the newer champs there is nothing to worry about as rebalancing doesn't affect older existing champs.

Exactly, so rank up all your old champs instead, because all the new champs are subject to change. No need to buy the brand new featured cav crystals. No need to buy sig stones for them, or rank them too highly. It is objectively a strategic error to do so.

Focus on your older champs, and don’t be swayed by shiny new toys.

The company is recommending restraint.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    0din said:

Most of the new champs are top prestige
    How does rebalancing a champ affect his/her prestige?
  • Didnt buy it either, and I always bought the sig stone deals. Even have thing at 190 sig so wouldve been nice but could care less, will burn my money before giving it to Kabam after their balancing announcement...
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    I skip this deal too I’ll wait until we get the ones from the calendar and depends on the cyber Monday deals I might wait until then. I won’t spend a dollar on this game because I’m not satisfied with what Kabam is doing. And I’ve been playing this game since 2015 this my first sig stone skipping and it feels good so I’ll wait until cyber Monday unit deals until then I’ll just grind arena .
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Yep, same over here. Not buying anything. You don't get what you pay for when Kabam is involved. I couldn't care less about my prestige.
  • gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★
    Unfortunately is the only way to make some impact here, because no one is listening to us. I really love the game, but changes must be done. If to not spend take me to the right direction and is the only way to make a statement i will.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    I was going to buy it, but I must have chosen the wrong debit card on my account and transcaction was denied..I took it as a sign I don't need it 😂
  • BriceMiesterBriceMiester Posts: 278
    I stopped spending money a couple weeks ago when they started heavy nerfing champs, I make good money and enjoyed the game so it was common for me to put $100 or so a month into the game and not worry bout it cause it improved and expanded my roster and didnt hurt my wallet, but after seeing all sorts of champs nerfed after release I dont see the point in putting money into a game that I am starting to enjoy less daily.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    People, seriously, you haven't even seen the change to Cull yet. Stop looking for excuses to complain:

- Not gonna spend on champs because of nerfs
    - Not gonna grind because of nerfs
    - not gonna buy deal X because of nerfs

They are balance changes, not nerfs. DS, SW, BW, Thor, those were nerfs. If they lower Cull's crit rating by, say, 10%, or the potency of his buffs by, say, 2%, that's gonna make him basically the same with a lower damage cap. And maybe, who lnows, they will increase some stats to make that first fight better.

All I am saying is that all these angry rants in advance are uncalled for, because you don't know anything yet and because they announced this procedure.

Also, I think at least half of the people that say they will stop spending money, and even mentioning how much they spend, actually don't spend or won't stop spending. There may be like 1 person who will actually stop spending.
  • Lizer0119Lizer0119 Posts: 29
    Marri_2 said:

People, seriously, you haven't even seen the change to Cull yet. Stop looking for excuses to complain:

They are balance changes, not nerfs. DS, SW, BW, Thor, those were nerfs. If they lower Cull's crit rating by, say, 10%, or the potency of his buffs by, say, 2%, that's gonna make him basically the same with a lower damage cap. And maybe, who lnows, they will increase some stats to make that first fight better.

All I am saying is that all these angry rants in advance are uncalled for, because you don't know anything yet and because they announced this procedure.

Also, I think at least half of the people that say they will stop spending money, and even mentioning how much they spend, actually don't spend or won't stop spending. There may be like 1 person who will actually stop spending.

Please don’t make this post negative when it isn’t meant to be. I personally know a couple people who commented on this post and they were spending a ton before. There’s no “boycott” and lots of people are still spending. Which is fine. But the forums are also supposed to be a place to leave constructive feedback, both good and bad. I didn’t say i’m never spending on this game again or anything close to it. What I said is that I don’t feel comfortable spending $50 on putting sig levels into my champs right now, which bums me out.

I love this game, i’m always trying to improve my prestige, but when this deal came out I didn’t feel compelled to purchase it. The only thing that’s changed for me recently is the announcement about balance changes.

And let me be clear, i’m fine with balance changes in this game! I think they’re important, actually. The thing that makes me uncomfortable is the monetization of unfinished champs, essentially. They could change cull’s base attack by almost nothing and increase his BP, which would make him an overall better champ! Who knows. But I still don’t think his cavs should be sold for $10/ea until he’s undergone his balance changes. But again, that’s not what this post was supposed to be about 😀 have a nice day
  • Lizer0119Lizer0119 Posts: 29
    0din said:

Most of the new champs are top prestige

Exactly right 😀
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Lizer0119 said:

Marri_2 said:

Please don’t make this post negative when it isn’t meant to be. I personally know a couple people who commented on this post and they were spending a ton before. There’s no “boycott” and lots of people are still spending. Which is fine. But the forums are also supposed to be a place to leave constructive feedback, both good and bad. I didn’t say i’m never spending on this game again or anything close to it. What I said is that I don’t feel comfortable spending $50 on putting sig levels into my champs right now, which bums me out.

I love this game, i’m always trying to improve my prestige, but when this deal came out I didn’t feel compelled to purchase it. The only thing that’s changed for me recently is the announcement about balance changes.

And let me be clear, i’m fine with balance changes in this game! I think they’re important, actually. The thing that makes me uncomfortable is the monetization of unfinished champs, essentially. They could change cull’s base attack by almost nothing and increase his BP, which would make him an overall better champ! Who knows. But I still don’t think his cavs should be sold for $10/ea until he’s undergone his balance changes. But again, that’s not what this post was supposed to be about 😀 have a nice day
    I couldn't have said it better myself. When you change champions and you know they are subject to change based on data we have no access too it's natural to lose a little confidence and now go for a wait and see approach which I'm taking moving forward as well before I open my wallet for champions.
  • sig stones are almost exclusively for prestige, and any change has no impact on prestige (as far as i know, they've never lowered anyones prestige?)

Except for 90% of champions whose awakened abilities are further enhanced the higher their signature level of course...

• DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    edited September 2019
    I bought it and got my CAIW to sig 190. Hoping they bring sig stones back to the featured store soon so I can max him out.
  • HSenpaiHSenpai Posts: 92
    DarthPhal said:

I bought it and got my CAIW to sig 190. Hoping they bring sig stones back to the featured store soon so I can max him out.

I would get it again too. Really helps