**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Marvel Realm of Champions [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Options
    Hidden_KnightHidden_Knight Posts: 202

So is Realm of Champions a new game or is it going to be part of MCOC?

Yeah its a whole new game, there is a trailer on youtube about it.
  • Options
    Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★

HCMmcoc said:

Wonder what the playstyle is like. I played strike force for a few months but did not like it much so quit. I tried future fight but could not get into it much. Then I tried COC and loved it.

Strike Force is terrible. FF is better, but boring, and there’s too much to do. I don’t know if this game will be like either. Personally, I’m really hoping for a League of Legends/Dota kind of game, as that would be pretty awesome and brand new for Marvel. Don’t think they’ll do that though. I’ll play it solely for that Shuri Black Panther, however.

Warden out ~
    A moba style marvel game,there's one in development. Seatin did a video about it a while ago.search and check it out.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Hey there everyone, just wanted to drop in and answer some of the questions that've popped up. First, the Contest is going to keep going and we have a ton of plans for the future of MCoC (some of which you can read about in our Future of the Battlerealm post) that we are excited for all of you to see for years to come. The Contest of Champions and Realm of Champions are two parts of the same universe and even share stories and events between the two. We're excited to expand this universe and have additional ways to share these stories with all of you.

Additionally, there are separate dedicated teams working on each game, though they are led by the same creative director.

Thanks for weighing in. I’ll give the new game a shot. Hopefully the synergies between the two games are more than just initial promotions.
    If there's crossover progress or Exclusive Rewards that can carry over, I'm in. XD
    Honestly if they connect the two games on more than just a story level I’d be impressed. Not sure I know of any mobile games that have ever done anything like that.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,662 Guardian

Gabe said it's a live action 3v3 RPG, so a completely different style.

From the announcement, it felt to me like a Marvelized mobile version of Warhammer Online. Basically a Realm vs Realm based MMO, but lighter than you'd see in a PC MMO.
  • Options

Looks like they’re trying to give the new thing a bump by making some tenuous connections to their existing property. If the new thing takes off and MCOC declines they would be dumb to add resources to MCOC when they could add them to MROC.

Actually, it looks to me like both Marvel and Kabam see MCOC as being strong enough of a property that they want to leverage its brand by launching related brand properties. If that's the case, the long term plan would be to support both games, hoping to expand the brand further in the future. If each new game kills the old one, that would hurt any attempt to strengthen the brand.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    I wonder what game mechanics will it have. Would love to see something new, not a clone of ff or sf.
    Would play it for sure, if it turns out to be something like pc xcom
  • Options
    DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    Realm of legends looks like future fight 3 champs fight in turn no ty
  • Options
    There’s single players who spend enough to prop MCOC up single-handedly, this game isn’t going anywhere lol.
    Whoever it was that got sig200 6* Namor (before improved drop rate cavs) spent - if they’re exactly on the drop rate - in the region of 11,000 Featured Cavs - 3.3m Units which is 1064 Odins. That alone is probably enough to justify the game’s existence.
    The top 10-20 pretty all have at least one sig200 6*, some have multiple. That’s a crazy amount of money being spent by very few people, let alone the unwashed masses of us mere peasants who drop our weekly beer money into the game every now and then.

That’s purely money from their 0.01% who make it viable
  • Options
    Dęłtå said:

Realm of legends looks like future fight 3 champs fight in turn no ty

If I recall correctly the announcement said the game will offer both cooperative and competitive player interaction, on top of PvP and PvE. So I think it is possible you could be controlling three characters in a fight but you could also be teamed with two other players. Its hard to say if the intent is to be turn based or real time or some blend of the two.
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Is this the PvP, PvE that was initialed timelined for mcoc?
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Looks like they’re trying to give the new thing a bump by making some tenuous connections to their existing property. If the new thing takes off and MCOC declines they would be dumb to add resources to MCOC when they could add them to MROC.

Actually, it looks to me like both Marvel and Kabam see MCOC as being strong enough of a property that they want to leverage its brand by launching related brand properties. If that's the case, the long term plan would be to support both games, hoping to expand the brand further in the future. If each new game kills the old one, that would hurt any attempt to strengthen the brand.
    This game is such a time suck I don’t think they expect people to play both. Most people that I know with extra mobile game time have filled it with another MCOC account or seeking (in a couple cases, finding) their MCOC replacement.
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Jackd1989 said:

looking at the new state of the battlerealm map - it looks like Realm of Champions may link with Contest in some way so I don't think its the end, I think its just the beginning of the next phase, maybe it will be released after 6.4 as thats the conclusion of the elders war

I’m interested to see the characters that they add to MROC in MCOC since they have linked mystery characters. Plus would like to see Skaar and Apocalypse in mcoc aswell as this new game👍👍
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

This game is such a time suck I don’t think they expect people to play both. Most people that I know with extra mobile game time have filled it with another MCOC account or seeking (in a couple cases, finding) their MCOC replacement.
    Well, firstly I think more people play casually than play hard core, so the vast majority of people aren't committing large amounts of time on the game. But the point to having a constellation of games associated with a brand is not because you think everyone is going to be a hard core player of everything, any more than Coca Cola expects all of its customers to drink all of its drinks. You do this because no game can be attractive to more than a tiny fraction of all game players and if someone decides MCOC is not their cup of tea, having alternative games with different game structure increases the likelihood you can keep them as a customer.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Well, firstly I think more people play casually than play hard core, so the vast majority of people aren't committing large amounts of time on the game. But the point to having a constellation of games associated with a brand is not because you think everyone is going to be a hard core player of everything, any more than Coca Cola expects all of its customers to drink all of its drinks. You do this because no game can be attractive to more than a tiny fraction of all game players and if someone decides MCOC is not their cup of tea, having alternative games with different game structure increases the likelihood you can keep them as a customer.
    If you mean more people among the gameplaying population play casually, I agree. For this game, if you only play this game casually, you might as well not bother because it won’t be fun. I just wonder what the new game will bring to the table. It might be a passing fancy for players like Strike Force was. It also might be worth cutting back on MCOC for.
  • Options
    LSDinLSDin Posts: 173 ★★
    skip to time mark 1:03:24 (click on image to play video)

https://youtu.be/C861vFy9VXo
  • Options
    Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 370 ★★★
    I think they should try to get one game right before they launch something else.

Way too many bugs and issues, and so many aspects of the contest need to be updated. Disappointing they can’t get it right.
  • Options
    G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Don't care for it....
  • Options
    Mqc19 said:

I think they should try to get one game right before they launch something else.

There's a completely separate set of developers working on RoC, so "they" are each working on one game only.
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

If you mean more people among the gameplaying population play casually, I agree. For this game, if you only play this game casually, you might as well not bother because it won’t be fun.
    Most of the people who I know personally who play this game play it at a level most would consider "casual." It is actually extremely casual friendly, when you look at it as a casual player rather than as a power player trying to play it casually. Casual players don't have the same expectations that power players have, and aren't disappointed or frustrated by the same things power players are. This game gives casual players more stuff in the calendar than they could earn through gameplay in many other games. This game allows players to earn the equivalent of tens of dollars of in-game currency a month playing less than an hour a day. That's also not common.

It is easy to get caught up in the grind and think everyone is. But just looking at the data available to us sends a very strong signal about how casual most players are. There are far more alliances that are Silver or lower, and given what it takes to reach Gold 3 that means the vast majority of alliances are treating war not at all seriously. Based on the AQ numbers the center of mass for alliances that do AQ is map 3 or lower. And based on the total population of all alliances that score in AQ or AW, it is likely that a sizeable chunk of players aren't in active alliances at all. The vast majority of all of these players, who are themselves the majority of players, are unlikely to be playing the game at anything more than a casual level.
  • Options
    NeonoctisNeonoctis Posts: 118

Is the Kabam team currently so busy with MROC that I can no longer get in to Special Event Quests?

Why are you guys building another game, when this game is consistently so bugged?

Couldn't agree more. But also think that's what is causing issues with this game, and also slowing down champion buffs/ adding new difficulties/ adding newer and harder things for end game players to do.
  • Options
    Neonoctis said:

Is the Kabam team currently so busy with MROC that I can no longer get in to Special Event Quests?

Why are you guys building another game, when this game is consistently so bugged?

Couldn't agree more. But also think that's what is causing issues with this game, and also slowing down champion buffs/ adding new difficulties/ adding newer and harder things for end game players to do.
    Since there's a completely separate dev team working on RoC, they can no more assist with problems with MCOC than the developers working on Fortnite can assist with problems with MCOC. In my experience, separate dev teams working on separate games for the same company are run basically as if they were different companies. For a variety of legal and logistical reasons they don't share anything. They don't share code, they don't share toolchains, they don't share dev platforms, they don't share art assets. Because of that, they don't and can't really share developer time either.

Suppose one day Netmarble wanted to sell off MCOC and keep RoC. If the two projects are commingled from the start, this would be extremely difficult if not impossible to do without a mess of cross licensing that could make the property much less attractive. So the point of contact between the games would almost certainly be isolated to the story elements which are cross-licensed through Marvel anyway.
  • Options
    FaustVIIFaustVII Posts: 6
    It's going to be like MAA and MAA2 all over again
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    Can I transfer my mcoc characters to mroc
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

If you mean more people among the gameplaying population play casually, I agree. For this game, if you only play this game casually, you might as well not bother because it won’t be fun.
    Most of the people who I know personally who play this game play it at a level most would consider "casual." It is actually extremely casual friendly, when you look at it as a casual player rather than as a power player trying to play it casually. Casual players don't have the same expectations that power players have, and aren't disappointed or frustrated by the same things power players are. This game gives casual players more stuff in the calendar than they could earn through gameplay in many other games. This game allows players to earn the equivalent of tens of dollars of in-game currency a month playing less than an hour a day. That's also not common.

It is easy to get caught up in the grind and think everyone is. But just looking at the data available to us sends a very strong signal about how casual most players are. There are far more alliances that are Silver or lower, and given what it takes to reach Gold 3 that means the vast majority of alliances are treating war not at all seriously. Based on the AQ numbers the center of mass for alliances that do AQ is map 3 or lower. And based on the total population of all alliances that score in AQ or AW, it is likely that a sizeable chunk of players aren't in active alliances at all. The vast majority of all of these players, who are themselves the majority of players, are unlikely to be playing the game at anything more than a casual level.
    When I think “casual”, I’m thinking “Might play when I remember to, I have the time to, and I happen to feel like it”. Like if someone deleted the game from your phone, you might not notice for a few weeks. I play several other mobile games casually by my definition.
  • Options
    FungeonFungeon Posts: 124
    I hope it doesn’t end up like Kabam’s Transformers game