**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Man thing missed opportunity

Comments

• DH_forum_1DH_forum_1 Posts: 81
    Right? What good is poison DOT for a mystic champ? It basically cancels out any class advantage he'd get in several cosmic matchups and his damage output is already low. This is why it would make sense to give him something more like Omega Reds DOT affect except instead of it working slower on robots it would build slower on hero tagged champs.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the in game design really does the character justice.

But marvel literally has a word in this. Asking whether kabam even knows about manthing comics in this context is extremely silly.

except that they are introducing a classic character to a new generation of people so expecting them to respect the source material is very reasonable and, in my opinion, shouldn't even be a question. They should know what they're drawing from. Geez they could just read a Wikipedia on him and have better info than what they used.
    I don't think you really understood what I said.

First of all, as already shown by CoatHang3r, his design is actually a valid interpretation of the character. Not to your liking, fair enough, but definitely not insulting to the source material.

Second of all, marvel was/is okay with that design. Nessecarily. So do you have a more important voice than marvel themselves...?
    I guess you haven't seen the content creator video where he managed to stack 30 furies and still couldn't do any damage to ROL Winter Soldier??? I guess you didn't really understood what I said. This is a missed opportunity. He's awful. Misrepresentation of the source material?? Absolutely! Literally a useless champion to the current MCOC meta in every single way.
    Are all these poison immune champs also immune to fear??? Come on. It's lazy.
  • GenylGenyl Posts: 59
    I agree with OP

I have never read a man thing comic but still I was surprised of him beimg so small
  • MachoMadnessMachoMadness Posts: 1
    Completely agree with this post. Such a great opportunity to introduce a new character, seems like he has been de-buffed before even entering the Contest.

Don’t understand the rationale, as other less powerful characters have been entering the Contest with power and abilities seemingly far in excess to what they really are. Measure twice, cut once. It’s not too late, please bring ManThing closer to his potential.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Honestly, I don't know why people are so hung up on an extra few centimeters on the screen. Abilities I can see, but if he's not as big as KG or Thanos, he still works the same.

Honestly, I don't know why people are so hung up on an extra few centimeters on the screen. Abilities I can see, but if he's not as big as KG or Thanos, he still works the same.

he is though. In the comics he has actually stuffed spider man inside him. in the game they are the same size except for his S3 animation
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★

How can you say that? People are hung up on him because they are true fans and want the game to represent to the comics very accurately. Marvel has the best fans in the world.

How can you say that? People are hung up on him because they are true fans and want the game to represent to the comics very accurately. Marvel has the best fans in the world.
    Only the game isn't meant to represent the Comics exactly. They've stated themselves in the past that the game draws on Comics and Films, along with other sources as well.
    Phoenix is one of my all-time favorites. Realistically, she should never be beaten. In the game, that's not feasible.

Only the game isn't meant to represent the Comics exactly. They've stated themselves in the past that the game draws on Comics and Films, along with other sources as well.
    Ok, but they can still draw the size of him from the comics. You kinda contradicted yourself.

Phoenix is one of my all-time favorites. Realistically, she should never be beaten. In the game, that's not feasible.

Ok. I agree. That's a balance issue. But this isn't about how strong they are, its about size

Ok. I agree. That's a balance issue. But this isn't about how strong they are, its about size
    To be honest, I have no idea why they made him smaller. I was just making the point that reality and accuracy isn't something we can expect in a Mobile Game based on Comic Book Superheroes and Villains. The sources are one world, the game is another, and none of it is based on reality. Lol.

To be honest, I have no idea why they made him smaller. I was just making the point that reality and accuracy isn't something we can expect in a Mobile Game based on Comic Book Superheroes and Villains. The sources are one world, the game is another, and none of it is based on reality. Lol.
    We can expect accuracy in a mobile game because these characters are from comic books (most of them). They have to use comics, movies, etc to get it accurate. If it isn't accurate, people get mad, hence why we have discussions so we can work out/suggest fixes to the problem.

We can expect accuracy in a mobile game because these characters are from comic books (most of them). They have to use comics, movies, etc to get it accurate. If it isn't accurate, people get mad, hence why we have discussions so we can work out/suggest fixes to the problem.
    It's impossible to be accurate to the Comics completely because the game is a world of its own.
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    Besides the usual trolls trying to change the focus of our threads...the real point is not the size of the 3d model (sure it's annoying that he looks so small)... @DH_forum_1 explained it well already.

The points are:
    1. the Man-Thing abilities are underwhelming and not as exciting as in Marvel comics
    2. the Man-Thing damage is underwhelming and not as exciting as in Marvel comics
    3. the Man-Thing special attacks are underwhelming and not as exciting as in Marvel comics
    Period.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Marvel itself disagrees with you on Man-thing’s OPness. https://www.marvel.com/characters/man-thing

• He could’ve been the Mystic equivalent to AA. I understand the lack of poison in the comics, but they could’ve had a way to mix incinerate and poison together for a cool new passive Swamped or Acid debuff or something. He should have a fear mechanic as well, and should be XL. The S3 and event quest acknowledge the “Burn with fear” aspect of this character. Hugely missed opportunity and makes me sad because I think they nailed his looks and animations.
    MEKA5 said:

Besides the usual trolls trying to change the focus of our threads...the real point is not the size of the 3d model (sure it's annoying that he looks so small)... @DH_forum_1 explained it well already.

The points are:
    1. the Man-Thing abilities are underwhelming and not as exciting as in Marvel comics
    2. the Man-Thing damage is underwhelming and not as exciting as in Marvel comics
    3. the Man-Thing special attacks are underwhelming and not as exciting as in Marvel comics
    Period.

I watched a content creator video where the player stacked 30 furries and still couldn't do any valuable damage to ROL WS. It's a real shame. They give preferential treatment to their original characters but leave a classic horror character like manthing in the dust. It's especially unfortunate because he's a mystic class and EVERYONE can agree that mystic is the weakest class.
    I actually started this forum post in response to being directed here after submitting several tickets on the subject. Do moderators even read these? The amount of views and comments on this post are double that of almost every other topic if you scroll down and no moderator or kabam representative has weighed in. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos
    edited October 2019

Marvel itself disagrees with you on Man-thing’s OPness. https://www.marvel.com/characters/man-thing

5/7 for energy damage? 6/7 for durability? you think that's what we got? did you use 2* to fight him in uncollected?

5/7 for strength? does that relate to damage output? if so I'd say the game version is more like a 2 or 3. It's absurd

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the in game design really does the character justice.

But marvel literally has a word in this. Asking whether kabam even knows about manthing comics in this context is extremely silly.

except that they are introducing a classic character to a new generation of people so expecting them to respect the source material is very reasonable and, in my opinion, shouldn't even be a question. They should know what they're drawing from. Geez they could just read a Wikipedia on him and have better info than what they used.

First of all, as already shown by CoatHang3r, his design is actually a valid interpretation of the character. Not to your liking, fair enough, but definitely not insulting to the source material.

Second of all, marvel was/is okay with that design. Nessecarily. So do you have a more important voice than marvel themselves...?
    I guess you haven't seen the content creator video where he managed to stack 30 furies and still couldn't do any damage to ROL Winter Soldier??? I guess you didn't really understood what I said. This is a missed opportunity. He's awful. Misrepresentation of the source material?? Absolutely! Literally a useless champion to the current MCOC meta in every single way.
    All I've seen is people not even playing him correctly lmao.

Also, how good he is was never my point. And it wasn't yours either originally. Only him being untrue to his source material, which as I already explained, is a silly statement in itself.

Again, are you a higher authority than marvel?
    that's not at all the main point of this thread. he is untrue to the material. also it's a wasted opportunity to boost the mystic class of champs

Also, how good he is was never my point. And it wasn't yours either originally. Only him being untrue to his source material, which as I already explained, is a silly statement in itself.

I wholeheartedly disagree that wanting the champion to be accurately portrayed from the source material is "silly". If all I wanted was a fighting game I'd focus on MK11 or something else. I play MCOC because I'm a long time comic book fan. Many people are of the same attitude. That's why 2 people of all those who've commented would agree with your point of view on the subject

I wholeheartedly disagree that wanting the champion to be accurately portrayed from the source material is "silly". If all I wanted was a fighting game I'd focus on MK11 or something else. I play MCOC because I'm a long time comic book fan. Many people are of the same attitude. That's why 2 people of all those who've commented would agree with your point of view on the subject
    You still don't understand what I'm saying lmao.

Marvel literally gives their okay to the overall design of mcoc characters.

Again: are you a higher authority than marvel because you read some comic books? Calm down and take a seat lol.
    Steve Gerber is dead. who cares what marvel administrative assistant says what. LMAO. This isn't manthing.
    edited October 2019

You still don't understand what I'm saying lmao.

Marvel literally gives their okay to the overall design of mcoc characters.

Again: are you a higher authority than marvel because you read some comic books? Calm down and take a seat lol.
    And anyway regardless of how poorly this represents that character a mystic champ that has to rely on a poison DOT to be good is laughable. it almost totally negates him versus almost every new cosmic champ. The only way he'd be any good is if he were fighting a champ with tons of buffs he could transfer into his silly weak poisons. Even then, with over 10 poisons stacked with maxed mystic dispersion and spamming his S2, his damage is absurdly low. It's a terrible misfire for this game and for the mystic class.