**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Man thing missed opportunity

13»

Comments

• DH_forum_1DH_forum_1 Posts: 81

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the in game design really does the character justice.

But marvel literally has a word in this. Asking whether kabam even knows about manthing comics in this context is extremely silly.

except that they are introducing a classic character to a new generation of people so expecting them to respect the source material is very reasonable and, in my opinion, shouldn't even be a question. They should know what they're drawing from. Geez they could just read a Wikipedia on him and have better info than what they used.
    I don't think you really understood what I said.

First of all, as already shown by CoatHang3r, his design is actually a valid interpretation of the character. Not to your liking, fair enough, but definitely not insulting to the source material.

Second of all, marvel was/is okay with that design. Nessecarily. So do you have a more important voice than marvel themselves...?
    I guess you haven't seen the content creator video where he managed to stack 30 furies and still couldn't do any damage to ROL Winter Soldier??? I guess you didn't really understood what I said. This is a missed opportunity. He's awful. Misrepresentation of the source material?? Absolutely! Literally a useless champion to the current MCOC meta in every single way.
    All I've seen is people not even playing him correctly lmao.

Also, how good he is was never my point. And it wasn't yours either originally. Only him being untrue to his source material, which as I already explained, is a silly statement in itself.

Again, are you a higher authority than marvel?
    I wholeheartedly disagree that wanting the champion to be accurately portrayed from the source material is "silly". If all I wanted was a fighting game I'd focus on MK11 or something else. I play MCOC because I'm a long time comic book fan. Many people are of the same attitude. That's why 2 people of all those who've commented would agree with your point of view on the subject
    You still don't understand what I'm saying lmao.

Marvel literally gives their okay to the overall design of mcoc characters.

Again: are you a higher authority than marvel because you read some comic books? Calm down and take a seat lol.
    And anyway regardless of how poorly this represents that character a mystic champ that has to rely on a poison DOT to be good is laughable. it almost totally negates him versus almost every new cosmic champ. The only way he'd be any good is if he were fighting a champ with tons of buffs he could transfer into his silly weak poisons. Even then, with over 10 poisons stacked with maxed mystic dispersion and spamming his S2, his damage is absurdly low. It's a terrible misfire for this game and for the mystic class.
    Is voodoo laughable...?
    voodoo does massive damage with his S2, has fantastic power control and, if awakened, has incredible regen that makes him sustainable throughout virtually every piece of end game content. Manthing regen and damage are in the toilet. They are not even comparable. With voodoo you have a choice to turn those voodoo debuff stacks into poison or into power control. This makes him versatile where with manthing it's completely one note and weak on top of that.
  • Finalflash8Finalflash8 Posts: 72
    Comparing man-thing to voodoo is absurd. Man-thing needs poison to be a barely viable champ. Voodoo clearly does not, which anyone who's played him before would understand.

Would you also compare DPX to domino because they both have bleed mechanics?

Comparing man-thing to voodoo is absurd. Man-thing needs poison to be a barely viable champ. Voodoo clearly does not, which anyone who's played him before would understand.

Would you also compare DPX to domino because they both have bleed mechanics?

LMAO..... 1000% accurate
  • Safz666Safz666 Posts: 2
    Manthing is a monster champ, and it’s a shame to see kabam make him into a subpar champ. Mystic champs need all the help they can get, and placing manthing in mystic without any of his strengths is absurd. Huge disappointment when a little roundup can defeat him
  • Rabbit8565Rabbit8565 Posts: 3
    Manthing definitely needs to be buffed up. How is he not an xl champ. Come on MCOC get it together and listen to your user community!!! Follow the comics and portray the champs like the comics do.
  • Myko_JonesMyko_Jones Posts: 2
    Where is the love for Manthing? What’s the point to drop a champ with a mediocrenss? We need better champs! Huge missed opportunity with Manthing. Please tell me a Buff is coming! Mystic class needs all the help it can get and Manthing was that key to help mCoc
    Midnite93 said:

You can expect him to get buffed for sure when they do the balance tuning but he might be a pain on defense

I certainly hope so!! he deserves better than this nonsense.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    I dont understand what the point of him even is, hes just terrible at everything. I think diablo looks amazing by comparison
    neb said:

I dont understand what the point of him even is, hes just terrible at everything. I think diablo looks amazing by comparison

this is really disappointing but very true
  • Rabbit8565Rabbit8565 Posts: 3
    When are they going to buff Manthing!!!! Need to buff up the mystic class and Manthing is the answer!!! Buff him up ASAP!!!!
  • ZeroZomb1eZeroZomb1e Posts: 3
    It was my understanding that Man-Thing doesn’t actually poison, he melts your face!!
    Please put more accuracy into these champs. This seems like another Phoenix. An epically strong character that is a noodle in game.
    Come on, Ka-Bam!