**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Aegon, Sentinel or Ghost Rider to R5?

MyradralMyradral Posts: 154
edited October 2019 in Strategy and Tips
Which 5 Star champ should I take to Rank 5? Each have their benefits in some content, but wanted some feedback.

Thanks!

Aegon, Sentinel or Ghost Rider to R5? 66 votes

Aegon
62%
NifzJadedFallencircusJwallace25TerraRotellyGhriffinLvernon15exc3lWîndšpäveSpiderCoolsBrokenJayProngsShroud1969Captain_2goodNizar33_LaVarBBBFilmsauceB_Dizzle_01iRetr0 41 votes
Ghost Rider
4%
adqqedfyvrRedeemedPdogg614 3 votes
Sentinel
33%
xNigSpity68DOKTOROKTOPUSSup3rmanSavio444Duke_SilverTexas_11RabarberstengelTehsigzorzAgragulWoody15EinfachSoTotalMonster109Capn_DanteFreeToPlay_21JohnHSMauledMoNsTeR_804Champ123TheInfinty 22 votes

Comments

• OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Are any of them duped? Exactly what kind of content are you attempting/planning on attempting?

Will help people give you more informed opionions
  • MyradralMyradral Posts: 154

Are any of them duped? Exactly what kind of content are you attempting/planning on attempting?

Will help people give you more informed opionions

All three are duped and R4 right now. Looking to do Variants and Act 6. Just completed Act 5.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Aegon
    What sig are they all, also have you explored lol?
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Sentinel
    If you're planning to go for Variant content, Sentinel is a god for all three of them. I'd R5 him.
    Lvernon15 said:

What sig are they all, also have you explored lol?

All three are Sig 40 right now....

If you're planning to go for Variant content, Sentinel is a god for all three of them. I'd R5 him.

I am leaning that way. Appreciate the feedback.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Aegon
    Ægon, not even close. I like Sentinel a lot, but I took Ægon to R5 and don't regret it one bit. He destroys end game content Act 6 and LOL. My R4 Sentinel was good enough for Variants.
    -sixate- said:

Ægon, not even close. I like Sentinel a lot, but I took Ægon to R5 and don't regret it one bit. He destroys end game content Act 6 and LOL. My R4 Sentinel was good enough for Variants.

Good points as well. I can just keep my Sentinel at R4 for Variants.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Aegon
    Sentinel at R4 can carry you in Variant, no question go for Ægon
  • Sentinel
    Voted Sentinel as he's much more useful overall (War and small to medium sized quests), but if you haven't done labyrinth yet then Aegon for sure. Bang that out then you can always do Sentinel later.
    iRetr0 said:

Sentinel at R4 can carry you in Variant, no question go for Ægon

Thanks for the feedback!
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    This is tough
    Your aegon is somewhat lower sig level so he might not be as effective
    I would go for sentinel if you can't get more sigs on aegon
    If you can, definitely go for aegon
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel has more uses IMO outside of 500k hit fights.
    He also allows to you face roll V3 which gets you another R5 gem and he’s very good in V2 which can help you get an additional R5 gem.
    In either of these you could get a skill/mystic gem and R5 them too. I’d see Sentinel as an investment. If you manage both V2/3 you get about 1.5 T5B on top of the gems as well
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Sentinel
    As someone that has both aegon and sentinel at rank 5 I think you should go for sentinel. Aegon is a great champ but he does what he needs to do at rank 4. Sometimes it might be better for him to be rank 4 to get a lot more combo hits. Sentinel is a variant god, good for the 1st one and godly for the other 2. Hes also an amazing double immune champ and very sturdy and I think you will get a great benefit increase by ranking up sentinel than aegon who is already a beast at rank 4.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Sentinel
    Go sentinel ,
    He is a champ that you will just start to bring along In quest . Then all of a sudden you will start compromising certain champs to make sure he always has a place in the roster.

Aegon= LOL

Outside of that, he is a potion sink , and not very practical for every day use. He is a great champ and needs a high sig. in fact I would argue Aegon gets worse the higher rank he is.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Sentinel
    Not even a close consideration. 😊
  • Sentinel
    The higher aegon’s rank the harder it is to ramp him up
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    I have a r5 aegon and 6* r2 sentinel and both are great options to rank up.

Aegon at r5 is a beast and has been ploughing through act 6 and clearing paths in LoL, he might not get to some high combo count in normal uncollected EQ or side quest but it doesn't matter as the reason he doesn't is that he's already killed everything (I used him for the entirety of this months uncollected eq for fun), also not sure why people bang on about "harder to get to high combo at higher rank", it's not like you need a 300+ combo to finish opponents... already killing them before then. Use him in aw on occasion (no aq as that team is set but kt1 has him clearing map7).

Sentinel is fantastic, double immunity, solid and can melt opponents, great for the variants but can do those at r4 so I'd recommend not ranking either currently, finishing at least variant 3 with sentinel at r4 (v3 is his playground), seeing what r4-5 gem you get and if by chance it's either a tech or skill then it decides everything for you,.
  • MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
    Sentinel
    Sentinel is god. He's such a tank and even better when awakened, when you can build ur analysis charges way more quicker and when he reaches 100, he's a beast. Even better than Aegon (in my opinion) Double immunities as well. Aegon is still VERY VERY good, but he takes time to ramp up and he's sorta meh on the first couple of fights. So i would go Sentinel, Aegon then Ghost Rider to R5. If you love Aegon, go for him.

Sentinel is god. He's such a tank and even better when awakened, when you can build ur analysis charges way more quicker and when he reaches 100, he's a beast. Even better than Aegon (in my opinion) Double immunities as well. Aegon is still VERY VERY good, but he takes time to ramp up and he's sorta meh on the first couple of fights. So i would go Sentinel, Aegon then Ghost Rider to R5. If you love Aegon, go for him.

Ok so now I am thinking Sentinel is the way to go...... I haven't done any Variants yet (Just finished Act 5) - so thinking this may be a good choice to help me blow through that with less revives, potions, etc...

Thoughts?
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Aegon
    Once you get to work on Act 6 you'll want a R5 Ægon, trust me. I barely used mine at R4 in Act 6. Once he was R5 I walk through stuff that I strughled with. I've solo'd Crossbone boss a few times with Ægon. Sentinel is great, but Ægon is a beast machine compared to Sentinel. My first R2 6* will most likely be Sentinel once I get the t5b, but Ægon will be my go to quester for a long time with my R5 Ghost.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Sentinel
    -sixate- said:

Once you get to work on Act 6 you'll want a R5 Ægon, trust me. I barely used mine at R4 in Act 6. Once he was R5 I walk through stuff that I strughled with. I've solo'd Crossbone boss a few times with Ægon. Sentinel is great, but Ægon is a beast machine compared to Sentinel. My first R2 6* will most likely be Sentinel once I get the t5b, but Ægon will be my go to quester for a long time with my R5 Ghost.

The Crossbones fight was pretty easy with a rank 4 sentinel tbh. Should be a straightforward fight with a rank 5.