**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Been demoted from leader? <MERGED THREADS>

Comments

• Options
    10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    This definitely should bring the game down for emergency maintenance. Especially with war matchmaking going on right now, we need to get the officers and leadership of alliances cleared up immediately.
  • Options
    CynchoticCynchotic Posts: 186
    Someone just came into MY alliance, the one I created and worked hard on, and demoted me as leader and put themselves as leader!!!! WHAT IS GOING ON?????!!!!!
  • Options
    When will this be fixed?
  • Options
    zeylifzeylif Posts: 146
    This happened to us too! Are you kidding me kabam? Some dude who just joined now has the leader role in my alliance and I didn’t do this. A few of my officers said when they logged on they had been promoted to leader and then demoted too!
  • Options
    h3rch3rc Posts: 7
    There’s a lot of angry members who would love to be leader and kick certain members out of spite so if you can can put a rush on that fix before you cause some serious damage throughout the community it would be appreciated
  • Options
    Blackfriar63Blackfriar63 Posts: 91
    Happened to me while I was logged in a d didn't realize it for an hour. Still not fixed...
  • Options
    its_kenits_ken Posts: 34
    edited October 2019
    i was promoted to leader and had to re-promote our leader back to leader. i also promoted someone and then demoted them for fun. lol
  • Options
    Strve_514Strve_514 Posts: 1
    #metoo Kabam Mike
  • Options
    I just checked and I’ve been removed as leader in both alliances I have accounts in! WTF Kabam?
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    Sigh.. I begged them to kick me, but he just promoted me back to leader instead 😒 Just when I thought I was gonna get a break:)
  • Options
    Check the forum posts below for an update on it
  • Options
    We have found and fixed the cause of the bug. We are now collecting the data on all Alliances that were affected by the issue, and will work to resolve it as soon as we can.

Unfortunately, for us to gather the Data, and create the tools needed to restore Alliance Leadership to the correct Leader, we will need some time. We're working to do this as soon as we can, but it will not be tonight.

In the meantime, we are working to disable the ability for Alliances to Kick Players out.
  • Options
    Scmex21Scmex21 Posts: 85
    This need a quick fix due to AW placements are up.
  • Options
    Where do I find it? All I saw was moved and it didn’t take me anywhere
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

We have found and fixed the cause of the bug. We are now collecting the data on all Alliances that were affected by the issue, and will work to resolve it as soon as we can.

Unfortunately, for us to gather the Data, and create the tools needed to restore Alliance Leadership to the correct Leader, we will need some time. We're working to do this as soon as we can, but it will not be tonight.

In the meantime, we are working to disable the ability for Alliances to Kick Players out.

If you won't be able to repair leaders immediately, you should start thinking about what to do about alliances that only had one officer, and that officer got demoted in exchange for a player that might not log in tomorrow early enough to start AQ. If the problem was wide spread, the odds of that happening are decent.
  • Options
    Ok found it
  • Options
    THEORYTHEORY Posts: 4

😒
  • Options

We are working toward getting the demotions fixed but this may take a bit of time. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this and will let everyone know as soon as we have any additional details.

Question, if we fixed it ourselves, will there be an additional swap we should watch for? Not that I'm really concerned in my group, just curious if we should be prepared to do it again.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Also, I feel compelled to state this. If someone was working on an autodemote, the tools necessary to manually revert a bug should have existed before that code was checked in. Under no circumstances whatsoever would I have allowed someone to check in such a feature, if the ability to revert autodemotions that went berserk didn't exist yet and were not fully tested prior. Especially given the operational separation between the live environment and dev.
  • Options
    LibkenLibken Posts: 19
    So people can’t sleep or work or eat with out being demoted? Nice move kabam
  • Options
    Happened to our alliance too
  • Options

My posts are getting deleted. FYI, the next day and this is still occurring. We've had several leadership changes within the last hour.
  • Options
    jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    I can't believe I'm saying this, Kabam, shouldn't you shut the game down until you fix this? At least freeze promotions, demotions, kicking, and all.
  • Options
    MatanacosMatanacos Posts: 67
    ROFL!!!! The loudest guy in our ally doesn’t have Line. He was made leader, then demoted to member. The lowest member made leader and other changes.

The one without Line is throwing a fit!!!!
  • Options
    Nos4atuNos4atu Posts: 33
    I was demoted to officer from leader. A member was promoted to leader. Thankfully we don’t have anyone who would go full rogue. When totally fixed, I hope Kabam rethinks messing with alliance leadership or code that does.
  • Options
    Gematria78Gematria78 Posts: 11

This happened as well in the alliance that I’m an officer in @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    ShellbellShellbell Posts: 2
    I have been demoted and was not aware this is crappy hope you fix
This discussion has been closed.