**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Underpar69Underpar69 Posts: 85
    Iphone 12 pro. New phone, IOS updated and game new version. Wifi and cellular network.

Input drops are costing items, deaths, resources. This has been reported exhaustively by us summoners. The response is muted at best. Not acceptable at all. We spent so much in the preceding months and this is what we get? Between support not supporting and moderator feedback its extremely frustrating. Even Youtubers stating it it has to be true!! Richtheman thx for trying
  • Emerson276Emerson276 Posts: 3
    Game ID: ¥DESTRUCTOR¥
    Device: iPhone 6s
    iOS 14.1
    Game software: February 2021 patch

The game just didn't load. Don't leave the loading page and when you come back, it cost 1 bonus and the chosen hero returns with 50% life. My covenant wants the bonus back and if they don't return it and it costs a victory or position in the future, I go to hell after justice. If you have a game that involves a lot of money, why not fix a beast bug. With each update this game gets worse, seriously thinking about giving up and dropping for good.

https://youtu.be/GQnkbk0X1E0

• BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    In-Game Name: BowTieJohn
    Device and Model: iPhone 6
    Device Operating System: IOS 12.5.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 30.0.0
    Game Mode: All modes

I am noticing this happening with more regularity that the game while in the loading screen lags in loading then just crashes. As a result it has cost me arena fights, losing health in AQ & AW. Not only that, but slowing my progress is Event and Side Quest. This happens at least 8 or more times a day. In addition, when Psycho-Man uses his sp1 (whether I am using him or he is the opponent) the game closes out.

Please resolve this issue as it seems lately we as a community are experiencing issue of game stability and it is only getting worse with each update.
  • GRiN2KGRiN2K Posts: 8
    In-Game Name: GRiN2K
    Device and Model: iPhone XS Max & iPad Pro
    Device Operating System: iOS 14.3 & 14.4
    Game Version Installed: Latest version
    Game Mode: All

Description of the Issue: I am experiencing the same issues on both of my devices. The main issue I have is a constant server issue, with disconnection from server errors (regardless of WiFi or cellular). On my iPhone it happens regularly when I start the game up - which leads to the game taking 3+ minutes to load up. At other times it happens randomly - it affects the arena, alliance quest, monthly quest and story modes. It will disconnect and sometimes will only reconnect when I manually disconnect and reconnect to the WiFi signal. It does not affect any other apps on my devices so I know that it is definitely the MCOC app and not my device or the WiFi signal. This disconnection issue reminds me of how MCOC was a few years ago. I feel this problem is getting worse and making the game more unplayable.

I also have issues where the game will crash. This usually happens in arena or alliance quest (which has cost me half of my health bar). The game will just shut down and kick me out. This will happen once or twice a week.

I also have issues with lag. There are times when I press something on screen and it takes 30+seconds to respond or become responsive again. This happens once or twice daily.

I also get issues of lag in fights where the screen will drop frame rate and slow down. This feels like it happens in almost every fight - although it seems to be worse when fighting certain characters - eg Green Goblin, Vulture..

When fighting I also get issues with button responses. I have issues where the game doesn't respond to a single block or attack but then work fine for the rest of the match. This happens on a regular basis - maybe once every 2 or 3 fights.

• Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 178
    In-Game Name: Ronnyman889
    Device and Model: iPad air2
    Device Operating System: iOS 14.r
    Game Version Installed: 30.0
    Game Mode: All

This game is too moody.
    Fighting in AQ and then doing a couple of rounds of arena or events while waiting for energy.
    Returning to AQ to continue and connection really sucks, get dropping inputs, laggy motions and defenders all aggressive.

Close the game and taking a break before loading the game again giving quite different behavior. There must be the connectors to your servers giving so big difference in how the game are running. Or maybe the small updates you download every time the game is logging in.

My environment is stable, are yours?
  • Mikea117Mikea117 Posts: 96
    In-Game Name: Merc1077
    Device and Model: iPhone 7 Plus
    Device Operating System: iOS
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi and Cellular
    Game Version Installed: 28.2.2
    Game Mode: All Game Modes

This is completely absurd that this thread is made or comes up literally every single time there is a new update for this game. This game crashes at the loading screen when you first open it, the game modes crash the app while mid fight or even while loading the fight, usually causing the fight to count as a loss and KO to the champ you use. So at no fault to the player they automatically lose the fight and champ, especially ridiculous for AW since it’s in the season now. Are you guys going to look into or just cater to the whales?
  • Mikea117Mikea117 Posts: 96
    This is what happens on both wifi and cellular, these are from the arena a few minutes ago, this happens in every game mode and needs to be addressed. There’s no reason to not have this fixed or to even have the issues that you guys blatantly overlook.

• Game Name: Fizzix
    iPad Pro 10.5
    iOS 14.3
    Game vet: 30.0.0
    Xfinity Wi-Fi at home 600mbps connection

While the lag has reduced some since the new content was released.... just lost 2 champs to Apocalypse in AQ due to the laggy, jerky motion of the defender.

It is basically impossible to block or dodge when the defender motion is this jerky.
  • Odinson9Odinson9 Posts: 115
    Device: IPhone 6s Plus
    Version of game: 30
    In game name: Logankia
    Software: IOS 14.4

Crashing every like 30 sec
  • DarkPietroDarkPietro Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: DarkPietro
    Device and Model: Samsung J4+
    Device Operating System: Android
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi and Cellular
    Game Mode: All Game Modes
  • demboyz16demboyz16 Posts: 36
    In Game Name: demboyz16
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
    Device Operating System: Android 11
    Cellular or Wifi: Both
    Game Mode: All game modes. Lag during fights that have costs potions and revives. As mentioned earlier, lag with on screen selection. This is the only game/app that I'm experiencing these performance issues in and is really frustrating with the lack of transparency as well as communication.
  • KawilarangKawilarang Posts: 26
    In-Game Name: Touché
    Device and Model: iPhone XR
    Device Operating System: iOS 14.4
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Mode: Alliance War
    Description of the Issue: After i healed up, i put on some boosts and i went in for a fight on node 27 using warlock against havok. The loading was quite longer than the usual and then the game just crashed. I went back in to the game and found out that my champion with only half health and the first attack bonus is gone. The worst thing is, now i have heal up again and put another invulnerability boost again.
  • CatmanndoCatmanndo Posts: 738 ★★★
    So my game stopped crashing throughout the day, but I’m not playing as much considering all the issues. My screen however shakes throughout fights and consistently when the battle begins.
    iOS current
    iPhone XR
    MCOC current
    WiFi
  • VisciousKnidVisciousKnid Posts: 1
    edited February 2021
    TrojanManXL
    Ipad Mini 2
    Wifi
    Game is updated
    Experiencing frequent crashes in every mode (except arena)
    Definite crash when Psycho Man uses his SP1. This is one of the missions to collect a reward
    Please help!!
  • Durzo1Durzo1 Posts: 2
    iPhone 6, 12.5.1, WiFi, 13th feb 2021. The game just crashed three times in a row while fighting psycho man during his sp1 attack. Also has been crashing a lot lately during arenas. And the self love potions in the side quest are not activating resulting in me having an extremely tough time in love is a battle realm. Suffice to say I am getting extrexlely frustrated with these issues as they are hindering my game progression, is anything being done and if so will it be resolved in time for me to complete this months event quest and side quest?
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 467 ★★★
    Ipadpro a10x
    Latest ios
    Wifi

Defenders randomly moving quicker than expected like dropped frames catching up. Inconsistent responses to block, dext commands. Frequent connection issues making it unknown if aq or aw will loose a champion
  • SolvseusSolvseus Posts: 77
    7th gen iPad, current iOS, WiFi is fine otherwise.

Crashes continue, but today I’m having constant connection issues. Lagging, freezing, network errors, and I “lost” 2 arena fights I should have won easily because they timed out right before I started them. Frustrating.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    iOS 14.2
    iPhone 8 latest update horrible, can anyone remember a decent update where we didn’t have lag, dropped inputs, dropping hits mid combo and getting hit, special lengths being longer from opponent so single swipe backs don’t miss heavies and short l1 attacks, seems first two weeks of every month is a write off
  • Mr_CruxMr_Crux Posts: 7
    Game ID: Mr. Crux
    Device: iPhone 6
    iOS 12.5

Characters special attacks that crash the game:
    Thing sp1
    Doom sp2
    Silver surfer sp3
    Psycho-man sp1 (new this month)

What compensation will be given for not being able to complete CAV eq because of Psycho man crashes?
  • Mr_CruxMr_Crux Posts: 7
    Game ID: Mr. Crux
    Device: iPhone 6
    iOS 12.5

Game crash upon entering Aw/AQ fight, resulting in 50% lost health (no fault of the player and no intention of exploiting the game)

This happened to me 2 of 3 fights in AQ this morning. (I will be quitting my alliance because I’m letting them down)

And I will probably be quitting the game completely in the next week as I’m fed up with issue not getting fixed and getting much worse.
    The most infuriating part is while kabam can’t seem to fix this issue, the least they could do is implement removing the 50% lost health when game crashes upon entering a fight, while “trying” to resolve the crashing issue.

Such a shame cause it is a fun game
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    Game ID: Quikpik
    Device: iPhone 12 Pro Max
    IOS: 14.4

Lots of disconnects when you enter a fight. You hit the fight button and then you get the red WiFi symbol until you ultimately disconnect. Just happened to me twice when enter boss right in war. It's not me, it's you. I was getting 100 Mbs on my WiFi connection. Also lots of crashes as soon as you enter a fight. Happens in all aspects of the game. Prior to the past few weeks this was a rare occurrence for me but in the last 2 weeks this happens a few times a day. Arena, story mode, AQ, war every where.
  • Psyc6969Psyc6969 Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: psyc6969
    Device and Model: Motorola E5 plus
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0
    Game Version Installed: current update
    Game Mode: it happens in alliance quest where we only have a few seconds of controls and then controls phase out for a few seconds and then sometimes come back and sometimes don't we'll start a match and the game will log you off
    Also happens in alliance wars and sometimes using units to purchase potions just so the game can log you off and you lose half your life going back in. Been playing this game for many years and it's never been this bad it's turning the actual experience to be volatile if you can't provide us with a product that operates properly then we must be be refunded for all purchases.I'm very close to being done with this game all together after playing for many years absolutely nothing gets done nothing gets resolved and you guys no longer compensate for those shortcomings shortcomings.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,485 ★★★★★
    Phone: Xs
    iOS: 14.4
    Running VPN over WiFi, full bars

Encountering DC while running Cav EQ. When game doesn’t DC, loading times are long.

Dr. Zola
  • iPhone 7, latest iOS, WiFi.

Game just randomly crashes at any given time. Mid-fight, in the menu. It's basically wiped me out in AQ.
  • In Game: kyky5953
    Device and model: iPhone 12 Pro
    Operating system: iOS 14.4
    I have an issue where I can’t start chapter 3 of the romance side quest. I’ll include a screenshot as well.