Summoners, due to a technical issue, this week's series of Alliance Quests will be cancelled at 4pm PT. There will not be any Rewards for this series. The next series of Alliance Quests will start on April 18 at 12pm PT. We will be assessing the impact on Alliances and compensating accordingly, as well as returning Alliance Tickets.

[iOS] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Pham_Nuwen1Pham_Nuwen1 Posts: 3
    iPhone 6
    iOS: 12.5.1
    WiFi connection
    Event quest, mastery level.

While fighting end boss psycho man, his sp1 causes the game to crash every time. Has been this way all day. Used many different champs against but the same result. Final hit from his sp1 crashes the game.
  • RnmihaydenRnmihayden Posts: 8
    Name: RNMIHAYDEN
    Device:
    Cellular or WIFI: Either
    Version: 1 106890
    Game Mode: All - different factors.
    Note: I restart the game immediately after it crashes. Sound, Music, Vibrate, and chat features are turned off.
    Description: While playing game with MCOC being the only app open, the game shuts down:

1. After 5 to 10 matches in any mode: plaing either or against the Thing, Guardian, Psycho-Man, Nova, Stryfe, Xavier or Jubilee.
    2. After 8-14 matches in any mode, any battle in AQ or AW
    3. After being in the game for 15 minutes regardless of whether I am fighting, at a store, in chat or anything really.

Other issues:

When the game restarts sometimes the Arena battle or event fight will be restarted, other times it is an automatic loss. In some events, every AQ and every AW, the battle doesn't restart and the champ I used will be at half life and I have to fight again with half the life.

Potential Solutions: Make a low resolution version of the game. Give the option to turn off fight animation.

***I have lost countless potions, health, boosts, and units to overcome these issues. Please help.***
  • Stees82Stees82 Posts: 24
    Kabam i just lost two champs in aq because the terrible lag in aq. We give you tens of millions a year and you cant ever seem to fix this problem!!! On top of that me and a few alliance members have lost half health from YOUR LOADING ISSUES!!! Im absolutely done spending money on YOUR problems that never seems to get solved! Years and years of this!! Its always “we will learn from this” when the community gets its pitch forks out but nothing seems to change. Ive had enough of your excuses kabam!!! FIX YOUR BROKE GAME ALREADY!! I WILL NOT be ripped off anymore!!!
  • Stees82Stees82 Posts: 24
    Countless $$$ lost to this issue and who is benefiting from it? Sped up ai and lag, just put in another $30 out of the thousands ive spent on this cheating game. Im done, you win kabam!! Seems you are succeeding in what you are set on getting everyone to do!! IS QUIT!!
  • Don7314Don7314 Posts: 8
    I keep having lag and crashing issues on my iPad. Aq freezes and crashes costing me revives. I can get maybe 3 very laggy arena fights before the game crashes. Playing on a iPad 6th generation that is a year old. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I have restarted. Cleared cache. Deleted and reinstalled game and nothing has helped
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 1,759 ★★★★
    Games been unreliable for 3 months now, lag, sticky feet bug, getting clipped after you’ve swiped back, been waiting for a fix to run the abyss, no chance in this state
    Latest iOS iPhone 8
  • Fredhorst23Fredhorst23 Posts: 758 ★★★
    Vs causing unresponsive game. After a series, if I try to hit help icons, the game stops responding and I have to hard reset the app.
  • PurefigmentPurefigment Posts: 1
    In game name: purefigment
    Device and model: Moto G6 play
    Cell/wifi: both
    Game version: 30.1.0
    Game mode: all

I'm having a problem with my game crashing after a few fights or if I'm on my app for more than 5-10 minutes. I've checked everything on my device settings in case I messed something up. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it's still happening. None of my other apps are acting like this it only happens on this app, I don't have a bunch of games on my phone in fact this is my only game. Save me from boredom please lol
  • King_StewKing_Stew Posts: 1
    King Stew
    iPhone XS Max
    Happens using WiFi and cellular data
    iOS 14.4
    Latest version of the game (March update)
    Happens in all game modes

This has been going on since December but I struggled to find a forum addressing it. I’m unable to consistently parry and sometimes, my champ will drop the block mid attack. I have to tap near the center of the screen to get the heavy to register and even then, it will throw a light attack first and then the heavy. Makes it impossible to charge the heavy so my sunspot is less useful and mags and colossus are now worse than they were pre buff. Also, I’ll hold block and my character will dash forward or just stand still. Occasionally, no commands will register and I’ll have to close app just to get it working again. I’ve been playing mcoc since it came out but this is making it very difficult to continue playing. Please fix this issue.
  • Rmp14Rmp14 Posts: 29
    In-Game Name: giraffesaurous.
    Device and Model: (Example, iP
    Device Operating System: Stylo6 (Android)
    Cellular or WiFi: wifi
    Game Version Installed: 1117251
    Game Mode: Alliance Quest
    Description of the Issue: when entering fight the game freezes after touching the fight option and then goes to loading screen and then crashes resulting in half of the champions life being stolen.
  • 956suzume956suzume Posts: 1
    Ios 14.4
    iPhone12
    Wifi or cellular
    Latest game version
    gamename 957suzume

AQ- reboot with starting fight. this happens somtime.
  • Mpd1Mpd1 Posts: 23
    iPhone 11
    Game continues to crash in arena when asking alliance for help. This has been happening for at least a month but is worse now.
  • Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 148
    edited March 5
    Yet another version where we are going to pay for inconsistent connection, dropped inputs, movement stuttering and are shaky and updates not working like intended.

Next 2 weeks to fix what’s not working and one week with ok performance and a new month where everything starts over. Hope you guys at Kabam seeing the pattern here and start on your root causes.

Why the need for throw in so many changes every month? Is our demand or your eagerness to reinvent?
    Take pause please and get your game in shape !
  • PsilencePsilence Posts: 15
    Psilence
    iPhone 11
    iOS 14.2
    Cellular (Sprint-Tmobile)
    Latest Update (March)
    AQ/EQ (Possibly more-I’ve avoided going into AW).

Description of Issue: While fighting, the game suddenly stops responding to input and my champion gets wrecked (it happened some hours ago in AQ (my Omega was KO’d) and just now in EQ (my Apoc was KO’d). It’s not just the champions though; the entire game stops responding to input and i end up having to lock and unlock my phone in order to close the game. Once i open the game again, it responds.
  • Pbg__5ivePbg__5ive Posts: 11
    Pbg__5ive said:

In-Game Name: I am funk
    Device and Model: iphone 11 pro max
    Device Operating System: ios lastest version
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Mode: All game modes, EQ, AQ, Arena
    Description of the issue: game crashes at least 2 times per hour, it doesn’t matter the content you’re playing, before the fight screen the game crashes.

Same thing happens on my ipad 8th gen. Game is getting unbearable.
  • Buckylives2_0Buckylives2_0 Posts: 26
    In-Game Name: Buckylives
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Device Operating System: 14.3
    Cellular or WiFi: wifi
    I'm having a problem with my game crashing after a few fights or every 8 to 15 minutes and my phone is really warm.
  • Mikea117Mikea117 Posts: 95
    KABAM doesn’t care about the players’ issues unfortunately, they see dollar signs and that’s it, these lag issues and crashing while playing have been going on for months. Making a ticket is an absolute waste of time since they send an automated generic response basically outlining them saying, “tough, get over it and keep spending money”. What a crock, if this company would take the time to actually resolve issues or bugs before putting new modes and content out this could be avoided. STOP GIVING THIS COMPANY MONEY UNTIL THEY FIX THEIR PRODUCT. They’re just robbing players anymore.
  • NewbiedudeNewbiedude Posts: 2
    Mikea117 said:

KABAM doesn’t care about the players’ issues unfortunately, they see dollar signs and that’s it, these lag issues and crashing while playing have been going on for months. Making a ticket is an absolute waste of time since they send an automated generic response basically outlining them saying, “tough, get over it and keep spending money”. What a crock, if this company would take the time to actually resolve issues or bugs before putting new modes and content out this could be avoided. STOP GIVING THIS COMPANY MONEY UNTIL THEY FIX THEIR PRODUCT. They’re just robbing players anymore.

The game is free to play, no one is forced to buy anything to progress in the game, ofc like in most games on most platforms the developers give the users options to buy “advantage” to progress a lot faster and easier by buying for real money, but still it’s voluntary, it’s not a must to progress, does it take longer and probably more skill to progress without buying? Most likely.
    So if you don’t like doing it the normal way(without PTW)stop playing it.
    (side note, PTW stands for “Pay To Win” if you didn’t know that)
  • Newbie1_KenobiNewbie1_Kenobi Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: Newbie1 Kenobi
    Device and Model: iPhone XR
    Device Operating System: 14.4
    Cellular or WiFi: both - AT&T
    Game Version Installed: 30.1.0

Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War. - ALL OF THEM! Today, it happened both in Arena and AQ

Description of the Issue: The game will shut down in the middle of a fight and when I log back in, it will show that I’ve lost the fight that I was in the middle of fighting. In AQ and AW, I lose half the remaining health of my champ and attack bonus. It has caused me to lose my multiplier in the arenas and waste boosts. It has been happening for about 2-3 months randomly. It’s very annoying. I’m only now posting because previously I was told Kabam was aware and fixing it, but that has not happened. It’s honestly very frustrating and I’m tired of losing resources. It makes me not want to play.
  • alegka312alegka312 Posts: 18

In-Game Name: Newbie1 Kenobi
    Device and Model: iPhone XR
    Device Operating System: 14.4
    Cellular or WiFi: both - AT&T
    Game Version Installed: 30.1.0

Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War. - ALL OF THEM! Today, it happened both in Arena and AQ

Description of the Issue: The game will shut down in the middle of a fight and when I log back in, it will show that I’ve lost the fight that I was in the middle of fighting. In AQ and AW, I lose half the remaining health of my champ and attack bonus. It has caused me to lose my multiplier in the arenas and waste boosts. It has been happening for about 2-3 months randomly. It’s very annoying. I’m only now posting because previously I was told Kabam was aware and fixing it, but that has not happened. It’s honestly very frustrating and I’m tired of losing resources. It makes me not want to play.

Do you have lags/fps drops?

• N7DonkeyN7Donkey Posts: 54
    Why is Kabam not even responding here?

"We're aware and working on it"
    "We're sorry so many people are being effected but we'll sort it as soon as we can"
    "Yeah we know but screw you guys"

The fact they don't acknowledge any of this on this thread annoys players as much as the issues themselves. It just makes it look like really don't care. Stability for the last few months hasn't been great at all, a little bit of personal responsibility on their part would be something...
  • Mikea117Mikea117 Posts: 95
    Any update as to when these issues will be resolved? This has been happening for months, kinda pointless to have a competition such as the AW Season when you can’t really play the game.... any update from Kabam would be nice but their silence kinda proves they don’t really worry too much...
  • Matt9881Matt9881 Posts: 2
    Morning Kabam

So this morning I decided to try a Legend attempt on the new Event Quest. The attempt went really well to start after 100% Heroic difficulty at a time of about 1 hour and 27 min.
    I moved straight into the Master difficulty with my team. I had completed the first path of Section 1 on Master difficulty and then my game just closed and went to my home screen of my device. I reopened the app and after a minute of time, it came back up, only to have this force close itself on me a total of 4 different times within just a few minutes. My wife is a new summoner of about a week or so now, and last night she experienced the same closing of the game on its own, while she was in mid-fight!!!

I’ve talked to my alliance team mates and a few have told me of similar experiences over the last day or so with their game, so I’m unsure if this is a type of “bug” that is causing the issue to occur, but having played this game consecutively for the last 5+ years, I have accomplished a lot in this game, so naturally the “Legend” title is on that bucket list as well. Now, considering it is a once a month chance to compete for and I could not finish due to losing to much time with the closings and having to restart the app, I’m not entirely sure I have received a actual attempt to make my time stamp towards this legend attempt.

I invested over 135.00 just to beat the Grandmaster a few weeks ago, and have enjoyed investing into the account over the past several years, but things like this happening, make me not want to continue.

Am I out of luck on the legend attempt? I know I would’ve completed it within a 3 hour and few minute mark, if I had the chance to continue playing, but after the massive time lapse, I just gave up.
    I’d like to add that I spent 780 total units to ensure I had at least 41 full energy refills, which now more than half will expire and go to waste.

I hope this issue can be corrected.
    Enjoy your day.
    Sincerely,
    A annoyed summoner.
  • Newbie1_KenobiNewbie1_Kenobi Posts: 2
    Alegka312: Do you have lags/fps drops?

Yes - game glitches with animations freezing and game suddenly shuts down in the middle of fights