**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Quest extra rewards

Comments

• Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    I'm almost 100% positive that when this happened about a year ago (when 5* shards were kind of new-ish), Kabam specifically said "it was OUR mistake" and because of that, they couldn't/wouldn't take back any rewards people got from taking advantage of it. It's there in the old forums ...I'm sure. Everyone was up and arms about all these people getting so many 5* champs...Kabam said, we can't punish them for a mistake on our part.
  • Hoid, I think he is saying is for Kabam to determine the maximum some received by the exploit and give that amount to all. That would be excessive
    I just hope they have a fair way of determining who only did it once and those who really abused the glitch. Fortunately, I'm not one who received anything because of it. For those who did, good luck in dealing with how Kabam doles out their "fairness"
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Hoid, I think he is saying is for Kabam to determine the maximum some received by the exploit and give that amount to all. That would be excessive
    I just hope they have a fair way of determining who only did it once and those who really abused the glitch. Fortunately, I'm not one who received anything because of it. For those who did, good luck in dealing with how Kabam doles out their "fairness"

Neither did I. Still itching for my first 5*, just 43 shards away! Hearing about the 6*s coming out a few days before I get my first 5* was disheartening.
    Miike, in customer service you learn that perception is reality. Right now the perception of your priorities is what it is, you are not going to change that perception by simply telling your customers that their perception is wrong. You need to show it by your actions and the end results.
  • S1N1STR3S1N1STR3 Posts: 53
    @Kabam Miike i know that, cause i study programming language ( pascal) and sometimes a simple "," can do a hell of a head problem. M'y post was created in some way to remind you and kabam team, it's us ( players/ investor's ) who makes this ( company/ employees) turn. I just don't want to Watch the same fate as DOA had after 2 years in there and then the game got sell to GEA. you're boss said this game was not for selling and it is "baby". So let's go to treat better this baby ( mcoc) and the people who cares about ( players).
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    edited August 2017
    S1N1STR3 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike i know that, cause i study programming language ( pascal) and sometimes a simple "," can do a hell of a head problem. M'y post was created in some way to remind you and kabam team, it's us ( players/ investor's ) who makes this ( company/ employees) turn. I just don't want to Watch the same fate as DOA had after 2 years in there and then the game got sell to GEA. you're boss said this game was not for selling and it is "baby". So let's go to treat better this baby ( mcoc) and the people who cares about ( players).

Agree. Mcoc need more care. We will always help to find bugs. U guys need to help us too by giving more better service.
  • Remember how quick 2 star wars got the guillotine because "some alliances were getting the shaft"? What about my attack champs in aq/aw getting stuck on a glue trap and getting comboed into oblivion because dash back is not completely fixed? Things only get dealt with quickly and sternly when we're not holding our ankles with our head to our knees. Everything else is we're working on it aka it'll get done when it'll get done.
    I keep hearing 2 star wars being referenced. I do not know what that is though, anyone willing to clarify that for me? Thanks.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    I keep hearing 2 star wars being referenced. I do not know what that is though, anyone willing to clarify that for me? Thanks.

@HoidCosmere

"Back in the day" you were able to chat with the opposing alliance during the PLACEMENT phase of your Alliance War. This was AWESOME because you could make a gentlemen's agreement to only place 2 star or 3 star champs, and then fight it out to see the best alliance win. This was done because the nodes were goddamn ridiculous, and AW was NOT fun.

Kabam, in all it's glory, decided that this was "unfair", and not the way we should play. They made up some story, but everyone knows that they were not making $$$$ on AW item use, and alliances were having too much fun. So they disabled the war room chat until the attack phase, and now "2 star wars" are impossible, as the agreement can't be made.

Completely pointless from a game perspective... Almost petty I would have said.

It's ancient history now, but some of us have looooong memories.

There have been MANY instances like this that HURTS the player, but whatever. We are still here, so they must be doing something right.
    Vdh2008 wrote: »

@HoidCosmere

"Back in the day" you were able to chat with the opposing alliance during the PLACEMENT phase of your Alliance War. This was AWESOME because you could make a gentlemen's agreement to only place 2 star or 3 star champs, and then fight it out to see the best alliance win. This was done because the nodes were goddamn ridiculous, and AW was NOT fun.

Kabam, in all it's glory, decided that this was "unfair", and not the way we should play. They made up some story, but everyone knows that they were not making $$$$ on AW item use, and alliances were having too much fun. So they disabled the war room chat until the attack phase, and now "2 star wars" are impossible, as the agreement can't be made.

Completely pointless from a game perspective... Almost petty I would have said.

It's ancient history now, but some of us have looooong memories.

There have been MANY instances like this that HURTS the player, but whatever. We are still here, so they must be doing something right.

Well that was a poor decision. So many ways they could have stopped that practice without making it look like they were trying to stop that practice. Stuff like that makes them look like the spoiled kid in the sandbox.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    The bug, exploit or whatever you wanna call it did not happen on all accounts. I was running easy and did not get any extra rewards. I was not running it to try to take adavantage either. I was running it because I already completed all other levels and I wanted my marvel insider points.
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    The bug, exploit or whatever you wanna call it did not happen on all accounts. I was running easy and did not get any extra rewards. I was not running it to try to take adavantage either. I was running it because I already completed all other levels and I wanted my marvel insider points.

Not that it matters much since Kabam is going to take all of the extra rewards away from players who did recieve them, but based on the above I am curious why player a (me) did not get them in the first place, but player b (the guy who just got banned for running the shortest path on easy 1000 times) did?
  • ChafsChafs Posts: 9
    Exploiting a Spidey bug is a bad thing to do
    It's fine if bug fixes take longer sometimes, as long as you restore items, resources, and rewards that are lost as thoroughly to players as you appear to be doing now.

The items and resources you have explained will be taken from players who exploited a bug are far more specific and thorough than any compensation that has been given to players for problems with the game.

Just goes to show they have the means to do it but choose not to when it benefits them.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    SHIELD wrote: »
    Hey Everybody,

It looks like there's a little confusion going on, so allow me to try and clear this up for everyone.

First of all, knowingly exploiting a bug or glitch IS a punishable offence. That punishment can come in many different forms, including, but not limited to, a temporary or permanent ban.

Now, in this case, this was an exploitable bug that for some, was completely unavoidable. You may have been doing it without even knowing, because you were just finishing your quests. That's not knowingly exploiting something. But, we said that egregious accounts of exploitation may face a temporary or permanent ban. There is a difference between running a path a few times and getting extra rewards (even if you knew what you were doing) and running the shortest path over and over, 100+ times.

Additionally, if you used the rewards to rank up a Champion, or open multiple crystals, that is the reward that will be taken. If you got an extra Tier 4 Basic, and used it to rank your 4-Star to Rank 5, we will un-rank them, and take the extra Tier 4 Basic, not the other 4 that you had earned legitimately.

Lastly, yes, this was a bug, but knowingly abusing that bug is not okay. This is laid out in our Terms of Service, as well as right here in the forums, in the thread that was linked to from the announcement. http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/34/on-cheating-and-player-conduct

@Kabam Miike

Somehow my long post was just deleted or at least isn't showing up to me anyway so this will be a bit shorter.

Exploit is simply "capitalize on"

By that definition/synonym isn't any bug/glitch that is a "known bug", that is not fixed as quickly as possible an exploit?

Wouldn't the fact that it takes upwards of 6 months to a year to fix a "known bug" that Kabam has every indication that the "known bug " is costing the players extra units and then not immediately try to fix it, be considered exploiting the players?

Why is it fair that Kabam can exploit the players but not the other way around?

We don't leave bugs in any longer than they need to. This includes ones that make the game harder for players. It's not fair to say that every bug that affects players is not acted on right away. There have been countless bugs that we act on and are able to fix as fast as possible, but some bugs take much longer, especially ones that are performance related, because they do not affect all players the same way.

For instance, there is a known issue where some players are experiencing trouble with game mechanics in fights. That requires engineering time, investigation, and then usually a HUGE change to the base of the game itself, while a server side fix on an issue like this is much simpler and can usually be done in a matter of hours.

Additionally, this is ignoring a lot of issues that negatively affect players that are dealt with very quickly. Those issues are usually something server side as well. If we had a simple way to just fix every bug with a little switch, we would do it, but that's not possible.

DRAX AND MORDO
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Hey Everybody,

It looks like there's a little confusion going on, so allow me to try and clear this up for everyone.

First of all, knowingly exploiting a bug or glitch IS a punishable offence. That punishment can come in many different forms, including, but not limited to, a temporary or permanent ban.

Now, in this case, this was an exploitable bug that for some, was completely unavoidable. You may have been doing it without even knowing, because you were just finishing your quests. That's not knowingly exploiting something. But, we said that egregious accounts of exploitation may face a temporary or permanent ban. There is a difference between running a path a few times and getting extra rewards (even if you knew what you were doing) and running the shortest path over and over, 100+ times.

Additionally, if you used the rewards to rank up a Champion, or open multiple crystals, that is the reward that will be taken. If you got an extra Tier 4 Basic, and used it to rank your 4-Star to Rank 5, we will un-rank them, and take the extra Tier 4 Basic, not the other 4 that you had earned legitimately.

Lastly, yes, this was a bug, but knowingly abusing that bug is not okay. This is laid out in our Terms of Service, as well as right here in the forums, in the thread that was linked to from the announcement. http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/34/on-cheating-and-player-conduct

@Kabam Miike

Somehow my long post was just deleted or at least isn't showing up to me anyway so this will be a bit shorter.

By that definition/synonym isn't any bug/glitch that is a "known bug", that is not fixed as quickly as possible an exploit?

Wouldn't the fact that it takes upwards of 6 months to a year to fix a "known bug" that Kabam has every indication that the "known bug " is costing the players extra units and then not immediately try to fix it, be considered exploiting the players?

We don't leave bugs in any longer than they need to. This includes ones that make the game harder for players. It's not fair to say that every bug that affects players is not acted on right away. There have been countless bugs that we act on and are able to fix as fast as possible, but some bugs take much longer, especially ones that are performance related, because they do not affect all players the same way.

For instance, there is a known issue where some players are experiencing trouble with game mechanics in fights. That requires engineering time, investigation, and then usually a HUGE change to the base of the game itself, while a server side fix on an issue like this is much simpler and can usually be done in a matter of hours.

Additionally, this is ignoring a lot of issues that negatively affect players that are dealt with very quickly. Those issues are usually something server side as well. If we had a simple way to just fix every bug with a little switch, we would do it, but that's not possible.

DRAX AND MORDO

It's not an exploit or bug. They've acknowledged it and even use it in champion spotlights now when talking about matchups. Drax (and some others) have a unique attack that allows them to bypass the ability because Kabam. No longer a bug and not an exploit.
    Hey Everybody,

@Kabam Miike

DRAX AND MORDO

It's not an exploit or bug. They've acknowledged it and even use it in champion spotlights now when talking about matchups. Drax (and some others) have a unique attack that allows them to bypass the ability because Kabam. No longer a bug and not an exploit.

What's this?
    Hey Everybody,

@Kabam Miike

DRAX AND MORDO

What's this?

Drax bypasses astral evade of Mordo because his medium attack is a fast double-hit. They used this mechanic on why he's a good matchup vs vulture in vulture's spotlight (iirc).
    edited August 2017
    Hey Everybody,

@Kabam Miike

DRAX AND MORDO

What's this?

Drax bypasses astral evade of Mordo because his medium attack is a fast double-hit. They used this mechanic on why he's a good matchup vs vulture in vulture's spotlight (iirc).

Moon Knight medium is also a double hit if I remember, does that bypass Mordo astral evade as well?
    We're off topic so I won't go into it more here after this. Only MK's 2nd medium is a double hit so it doesn't work. Drax's first medium or some other champs' heavies are the only ones I know of.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Hey Everybody,

@Kabam Miike

DRAX AND MORDO

Deciding not to fix it doesn't make it not a bug. They acknowledged that it wasn't intended.
    I still want to know where in the TOS exploiting a bug is covered. I have asked several times on all these threads after reading through them and finding nothing about exploiting game bugs. Every time I ask it is ignored. I'm starting to think they just say something is against the TOS and just assume nobody reads it to disagree.

Here's a link to the TOS, if you can find it in there, please let me know because I am very curious to see what wording they used to cover this issue:

https://www.kabam.com/corporate/terms-of-service/
  • Bryman187Bryman187 Posts: 204
    edited August 2017
    I still want to know where in the TOS exploiting a bug is covered. I have asked several times on all these threads after reading through them and finding nothing about exploiting game bugs. Every time I ask it is ignored. I'm starting to think they just say something is against the TOS and just assume nobody reads it to disagree.

Here's a link to the TOS, if you can find it in there, please let me know because I am very curious to see what wording they used to cover this issue:

https://www.kabam.com/corporate/terms-of-service/

Looks like it's a little less than half way down the page:

"9. Online Services/Your Responsibilities.

· Use features of the Websites or Services for anything other than their intended purpose, including exploiting glitches for personal gain;"
  • Another relevant condition in the TOS is the third paragraph in the section "All purchases of Virtual Currency and Site Items are final and under no circumstances will be refundable, transferable or exchangeable". This paragraph states that Kabam can change AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION (emphasis added) the balance of any account including "virtual currency" (i.e. Items).
  • SHIELDSHIELD Posts: 90
    edited August 2017
    Hey Everybody,

@Kabam Miike

I appreciate the plight that the developers have of trying to keep this game bug free, I do. But, the fact of the matter is, each and every bug that is known about that is not fixed and costs a player units should be able to be refunded then. If not able to be refunded, I still take the stance that this would be considered an exploit for monetary gain. If a player "can not gain from a bug" why should Kabam be able to?
  • who gives a flying fudge . kabam fluk us over all the time.
    for the amount of money that alot of us have spent on this damn game, why not take advantage of thier **** design and flaws. they take an advantage whenever they can.
    Shoe fits and all that
  • Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155
    It's wrong. Arguing exceptions is not really productive. If someone was cruising for Refills, it would not likely be that Quest. The ones trying to milk the glitch are pretty obvious. They just happened to run that Quest over and over when news came out? Come on now.

Exploration… requires multiple paths… literally 7 for the first chapter and then like 10 and 13 for the rest

People stocked for weeks for 4* Punisher

It was wrong. They're dealing with it. They have ways of determining who was just running it and who was trying to gain what was not supposed to be there. If you're arguing that it's right for people to try and profit from an exploit, it won't go over.

Welcome to the world of websnatch. He is entitled to his opinion and your opinion. You have no opinion in the school of websnatch. Classes held daily in a dang dark basement with poor lighting.