**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Not Everyone Playing Uncollected Monthly Quests Are Whales or Cavalier!

13»

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Logically, should be after 6.4 is added.

From past experience, UC difficulty was added when we barely had 5* R4s. At that point of time, UC was challenging and offered great suitable rewards.

Fast forward, UC is too easy for 5* R5s and if a Cav difficulty were to be introduced, personally I’d prefer it to be like 6.3-6.4 difficulty at the very least. It’ll be challenging, fun and should offer some suitable rewards, plus has some longevity until players acquire 6* R3/4s that can steamroll it (like how 5* R5s steamroll UC now).
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★

I tend to agree with the OP. The difference between end-game players and newly UC are significant, both in terms of roster and skill in most cases. Now, when I became UC way back when, I wasn’t able to complete UC monthly events 100% for several months. Typically, I’d get stuck on the last chapter and could initial complete, but would get stuck on a hard boss or path. After awhile, I was able to complete UC 100%, and now, I am pretty bored with the quests. However, I feel this is a typical progression path that most players should experience.

I can agree that UC EQ should not be tailored for the entire gambit of players between UC and Cavalier, or UC and end-game players. Ideally, a new Cavalier EQ should be added, more on the line of Act 6 or Variant difficulty. And personally, I likely wouldn’t be able to complete it 100% for awhile, even with my roster. That would be okay. Bump up the rewards from UC, make the fights harder, and call it Cavalier difficulty. I’d say these fights should be very hard, maybe not for end-game players precisely as some have the skill to beat just about anything (or the money to do so), but they should challenge both Cavalier and end-game players.

So do I think UC EQ needs to be tuned down? Not precisely, as it should be difficult for newly uncollected players, and it should remain challenging for the majority of players between UC and Cavalier. I would just hope that Kabam would prevent making bosses or nodes impossible without one or two specific champions.

Very good reasoning!
    I especially agree with the last sentence, they should avoid bosses that are way too difficult without a few specific champs.
    Where I am at now, being uncollected for 4 months or so, that determines whether I have a decent chance of completing the UC EQ or not. Building a strong enough, diverse roster, to be able to have a counter for most nodes takes a while. So I find myself hoping at the start of each EQ that this month doesn't have a boss immune to most things I can throw at him/her. And, that I have at least one decent champ with the right immunities and abilities to get me through the tough fights without spending a lot on revives.

However, I agree that UC should be difficult to complete for players like me who recently became uncollected (but not impossible). Just like I remember not too long ago when I found Master difficulty hard to complete, or at least to 100% explore. Now that difficulty is too easy, just like many of you guys must find UC difficulty now. So I can definitely see the need for Cavalier, to challenge many good players with strong rosters.
  • HC_BossHC_Boss Posts: 34
    psp742 said:

I play mcoc for more tha 3 1/2 yrs.. I dumped money into it and have some decent share of luck with 5* and 6* but have no 5* @ 5/65 or 6* @ 2/35, my skills are pretty mediocre to say the least and consistency is something I need to get better at.. after I got ‘uncollected’ title I stopped doing Act5.. I think I need to brush up my skills by trying to 100% Act5, let’s say it’s not easy feat to do and I’d probably use a bunch of revives, heal potions and units... etc.. will I get it done, probably not within this year, or the next..

In Event Quest, I usually 100% master mode, seldom try uncollected.. Since I also lack some of the necessary champions to make it easier.. like 5* or 6* Ghost, Guillotine 2099, Warlock, Thing, Human Torch, Sunspot, Claire Voyant.

You don’t need new champions to do uncollected I have none of those champs and I can still 100% uncollected each month you’ve been playing 3 1/2 years right so by now you should know how to fight parry d dash back you can do uncollected with 4* champs easy most the time I use my 4* blade cause I don’t have a 5* and it works just as good he killed dr doom in uncollected quite easy so I don’t see the issue if your not prepared to try it and learn then why even play a game that introduce more challenging content
  • Unknown_SoldierUnknown_Soldier Posts: 154 ★★
    edited November 2019
    My issue is NOt uncollected is as a whole "too hard" My issue is the inclusion of cheap money sucking unavoidable damage being added that are Act 6 content. A boss can be challenging without having Act 6 nodes.

Way back in day of 12.0 nerf.....they changed a number of classic iconic marvel God-tier champs and tired them into average mediocre champs (with exception of Star Lord) with reasoning that "We cannot have a few God-Tier champs consistently dominating every aspect of game" Balance, fairness to other players, encourage players to use all champs not just same few......... blah blah.

Well more champs been added but its same issue only now nodes alienate most champs outside a few key champs, which additionally have to be awakened to benefit from their abilities

Warlock, Quake, AA, Aegon, Void, Havok, Spiderman SA, Symbiote Surpreme.......pretty much go down half list of Seatin's God Tier list.....and all new champs added last few months.

All you have to do is go on youtube and observe rosters of all youtubers (cash cows) who show how to beat uncollected parts. They all have huge rosters of key champs maxed as 5s and use same key champs month after month.

I've gotten Bishop, Winter Soldier, Pheonix, NC, Classic BP, BP CW and Modok multiple times as 5s.......of the ones that are key champs Corvous, Symbiote Supreme CA IW, Gully, Magik , Emma Frost.....NONE are awakened.

No Quake, Havok NF, Warlock, Human Torch, Void, Medusa, Etc......so how about you better the chance to get key champs for everyone if this is new trend?

Cant Touch This, 6th Sense, Destructive Feedback, Timestream etc shouldn't be in monthly quests. If u dont have Corvous or a few dif champs forget about beating Kane......20 seconds to beat him or he regens full health.....so basically I have to lose a champ or 2 to retain damage to carry over next round or have Corvous or a 5-star 4 or 5 rank.....well not everyone has those. Challenging BUT FAIR

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

Just because you are uncollected doesn't mean you are ready for UC difficulty in the monthly EQs. Have you asked for help or shown your roster to see what counters you do have?

Reread your post and acknowledge the folly of it.
    @Colonaut123 In what way? If Uncollected Difficulty is able to be done by anyone that is or just gets Uncollected status, why do we always see these posts about how hard it is for a large part of newly Uncollected summoners? Just because you beat 5.2 doesn't mean you are ready for any and all content. So what about my statement is a folly exactly. Love to know.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Just because you are uncollected doesn't mean you are ready for UC difficulty in the monthly EQs. Have you asked for help or shown your roster to see what counters you do have?

Reread your post and acknowledge the folly of it.
    reread your post and his and acknowledge the folly of yours.... Finishing act 5 opens act 6, that does not mean you are ready to do it, just like becoming uncollected by no means makes you ready to 100% UC monthly. the 2 things are only casually related, especially since you can spend your way to uncollected.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Vdh2008 said:

Lormif said:

Yet another reason to put UC difficulty back to what it used to be and add a Cav difficulty.

Problem is they will more than likely lower the UC difficulty rewards when they do that (as a dev stated)
    I'd like to see where that was stated... It makes no sense.

Uncollected EQ is miles and miles harder now than it was FOR THE SAME REWARDS when it came out. The rewards were FINE back then, and subsequently are outdated and barely passable now.

IF Cav difficulty was a thing they should not even consider lowering rewards for UC. It makes no sense whatsoever.

This is coming from a Cav player who completes UC monthly with no issues, so it's not like I NEED the drop in difficulty... I just think it's completely unfair for new uncollected players to have to deal with a difficulty that is outside of their skill range, when "we" (people who have done UC since it came out ) had it much easier.

People first becoming uncollected now also typically have much stronger rosters than those who were getting that title when the first UCEQ released.

People are getting uncollected with R4 and quite possibly even the odd R5 5*s now as opposed to 4/40 and 5/50 4*s. I don't see much issue in the EQ being more difficult as well
    The EQ equally has more difficult defenders, so that cancels out.
    I don't think this cancels out at all. Because new champions are being added all the time both the players and the content are getting those newer champions, and some of them are more problematic on defense. But the players are ranking up much faster than the content is getting harder on average: adding some nodes on some paths is a relatively small difficulty increase compared to the much larger rosters players have to tackle the content, and compared to how fast the average player ranks up champions.

The net advantage is overwhelmingly with the players in terms of power inflation. The idea that UC is getting more difficult faster than the players themselves are getting more powerful is almost ludicrous. In fact, on average I don't see UC getting materially more difficult in the last year. This month is not the hardest month of all time, nor was the last month, nor was the month before that. But it is undoubtedly a true statement that the players overall are stronger than they were last month, or the month before, or the month before.
    It is pretty obvious that the stronger defenders (with less available counters at the start, or specifically counter the meta thanks to power inflation like Maw Vs Corvus, or have unavoidable damage, unblockable special attacks, punishes dexterity etc. which requires specific skills) makes fights tougher, while simultaneously the larger champion pool decreases the chance to get the specific counter. Newer champions take some time to be released in basic crystals. Unless you are a spender, which brings me to the OP's original point. I'm not even addressing the resource scarcity, making it impossible to have a counter available for every situation, often resulting in suboptimal match-ups.