**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Not Everyone Playing Uncollected Monthly Quests Are Whales or Cavalier!

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,036 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Vdh2008 said:

Lormif said:

Yet another reason to put UC difficulty back to what it used to be and add a Cav difficulty.

Problem is they will more than likely lower the UC difficulty rewards when they do that (as a dev stated)
    I'd like to see where that was stated... It makes no sense.

Uncollected EQ is miles and miles harder now than it was FOR THE SAME REWARDS when it came out. The rewards were FINE back then, and subsequently are outdated and barely passable now.

IF Cav difficulty was a thing they should not even consider lowering rewards for UC. It makes no sense whatsoever.

This is coming from a Cav player who completes UC monthly with no issues, so it's not like I NEED the drop in difficulty... I just think it's completely unfair for new uncollected players to have to deal with a difficulty that is outside of their skill range, when "we" (people who have done UC since it came out ) had it much easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1356&v=xfbRYhBu5-Y&feature=emb_logo

22:30 for cav difficulty

24 minutes for a reduction in rewards in, they claim they have increased the rewards over time.
    And ther he out of touch uc haven’t ben update in rewards at all
  • Gigonite69Gigonite69 Posts: 92
    I tend to agree with the OP. The difference between end-game players and newly UC are significant, both in terms of roster and skill in most cases. Now, when I became UC way back when, I wasn’t able to complete UC monthly events 100% for several months. Typically, I’d get stuck on the last chapter and could initial complete, but would get stuck on a hard boss or path. After awhile, I was able to complete UC 100%, and now, I am pretty bored with the quests. However, I feel this is a typical progression path that most players should experience.

I can agree that UC EQ should not be tailored for the entire gambit of players between UC and Cavalier, or UC and end-game players. Ideally, a new Cavalier EQ should be added, more on the line of Act 6 or Variant difficulty. And personally, I likely wouldn’t be able to complete it 100% for awhile, even with my roster. That would be okay. Bump up the rewards from UC, make the fights harder, and call it Cavalier difficulty. I’d say these fights should be very hard, maybe not for end-game players precisely as some have the skill to beat just about anything (or the money to do so), but they should challenge both Cavalier and end-game players.

So do I think UC EQ needs to be tuned down? Not precisely, as it should be difficult for newly uncollected players, and it should remain challenging for the majority of players between UC and Cavalier. I would just hope that Kabam would prevent making bosses or nodes impossible without one or two specific champions.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    Midnite93 said:

I managed to nearly beat Dr Doom in uc and it's just a half baked roster i made a big blunder in hitting him when his aura was active and pushing him to sp2 And only cost me 40 units lol i did beat him after a level 2 revive. Mr. Fantastic was too easy tho same with red skull and Kang as for Anhilius i am bad at fighting him.

You have quake. Your making it look like a cake walk with her.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    Monthly UC event quest has 3 options (1)watch videos understand the boss and right champion match up and have wide variety of champs at least 4* (5/50) and skill. (2) Grind arena and be a unit man burst through the quest and (3) just forget about the quest.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

Ok I'm open to suggestions.....how do u counter/fight Symbiote Surpreme with his nodes......please more suggestions than whale Youtubers who use same new champs as
    Any champ works great on that sym supreme. If you are worried about his power gain use a power control like magik or psylocke. Watch the shield timer to avoid hitting him when its up. Alternatively void destroys him his debuffs don't get reflected back at you when the shield is active. Try to avoid champs with buffs to prevent the nullify damage and parry evade while the shield is active. AA neurotoxins don't reflect back either and he has no buffs. He also has a low attack so if you screw up and hit him the damage is minimized

• Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★

The last few monthly events of uncollected quests have has some ridiculous BS nodes that never were introduced before. Nodes like "Cant Touch This" "Destructive Feedback" "Selective Timestream" "Sixth Sense" etc make the ability to complete the quest for those of us who dont have a roster of SPECIFIC awakened champs impossible! Upon doing more research I have found out these "interactive" nodes are found in ACT 6! The great majority of uncollected players haven't even played ANY part of Act 6 NOR do they even have access to it due to 6-star champ requirements. I personally haven't even completed Act 5 all the way through. Most of us are NOT Calvalier. We play Uncollected to get resources so we can be able to access harder content. These nodes should NOT be part of monthly quests.

Before any one responds with a cynnical or patronizing comment......if u are Calvalier...good for you. If you have all the 5-star awakened champs to bypass these nodes......I'm happy for you. I'm not a noob nor do I believe I'm alone in this concern.

I have played this game over 4 years now...and I don't think it's in Kabam's best interest to alienate the huge amount of uncollected players. This trend needs to stop.

They have Master and lower level if you can't beat the uncollected content. All modes aren't created for all people. Also keep practicing on these nodes to improve your skills since you never encounter them during your game play. It will make you a better player of the game.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Dshu said:

Ok I'm open to suggestions.....how do u counter/fight Symbiote Surpreme with his nodes......please more suggestions than whale Youtubers who use same new champs as
    Any champ works great on that sym supreme. If you are worried about his power gain use a power control like magik or psylocke. Watch the shield timer to avoid hitting him when its up. Alternatively void destroys him his debuffs don't get reflected back at you when the shield is active. Try to avoid champs with buffs to prevent the nullify damage and parry evade while the shield is active. AA neurotoxins don't reflect back either and he has no buffs. He also has a low attack so if you screw up and hit him the damage is minimized

Warlock and Black Widow Claire Voyant work really well vs him.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Yet another reason to put UC difficulty back to what it used to be and add a Cav difficulty.

Problem is they will more than likely lower the UC difficulty rewards when they do that (as a dev stated)
    No, they just need to lower it to where it was when it first came out.
  • Lormif said:

Vdh2008 said:

Lormif said:

Uncollected EQ is miles and miles harder now than it was FOR THE SAME REWARDS when it came out. The rewards were FINE back then, and subsequently are outdated and barely passable now.

IF Cav difficulty was a thing they should not even consider lowering rewards for UC. It makes no sense whatsoever.

This is coming from a Cav player who completes UC monthly with no issues, so it's not like I NEED the drop in difficulty... I just think it's completely unfair for new uncollected players to have to deal with a difficulty that is outside of their skill range, when "we" (people who have done UC since it came out ) had it much easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1356&v=xfbRYhBu5-Y&feature=emb_logo

22:30 for cav difficulty

24 minutes for a reduction in rewards in, they claim they have increased the rewards over time.
    That was an off the cuff interview, but if you're taking them at their word, then just imagine that they lower the rewards by the same amount they raised them. Which is, across the entire existence of UC, a small pile of gold.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Completing 5.2 simply unlocks a difficulty in EQ. Completing UC EQ is then upto you on how well you have upgraded your roster and how well you can play the game. Also the nodes in Act 6 really arent tough at all, its more so the local nodes and the champions that make it tough. Most people take a few weeks to actually explore their first UC EQ, personally it took me a month to explore it and around 4 months to explore it without any units. You have access to a lot of champs(more than ever) so make smart rankup choices and keep pushing yourself and gauge the level of content you can complete. If you cant explore this EQ which is much easier than most this year imo(apart from doom) then prepare for the next one by saving resources.
  • My prestige: 8900.
    My wife’s prestige: 6800.

Managed to 100% both UC. It’s all relative to the content, but it’s beatable with any team if you’ve managed to make it to UC in the first place. Use some revives.
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    If anything, this month is easier than the last. I breezed through most of completion and am planning to fully explore my first UC this month.

@Unknown_Soldier
    You don't have to deal with Selective Timestream if you don't have the champs. I have a 5/50 IMIW for the shock but only used him for one path, all you have to do is take a good damage champ, deal as much damage as you can and quit the fight right before his regen triggers. 4* Thor and medusa did most of the work for me.

Destructive Feedback doesn't matter either, all it means is you can't parry him while the shield is on. You can hit him as much as you want and won't take any damage from the contact. I oneshot him with 4* 4/40 magik several times. The times I didn't use magik, I did the same thing I did against kang, take a high damage champion in and deal as much damage before he reaches max power. 3-4 fights is enough with maxed 4*s.

I do have 2 archangels to deal with red skull, but he has a lot of counters. Any parry->heavy champ works, i.e. Hyperion, cull, mordo, etc. Wasp works, parry 3-combo into heavy with stun. Corvus removes all of his armor ups with 1 parry. Anyone with true strike ignores auto block i.e. Killmonger, Karnak, Proxima, etc. Medusa is a bit harder to pull off but if you can armor shatter him you win. Loki can remove his buffs with sp1 and curse, I don't believe either count as nullifying.

It's not incredibly hard. If you know what you're doing you can get through it with a half decent 4* roster, which you should have if you reached uncollected. If you don't, start ranking up some more 4*s, they're not obsolete quite yet. And, you're bound to spend units or items going through this. Expecting to explore UC itemless before even having completed act 5 is delusional. The units are there for a reason. Clearing content should be your #1 priority when spending units, after masteries.
  • Good point. My first UC EQ after becoming Uncollected, I think I did initial clear. Was able to 100% chapters 1/2 the next month before finally 100% UC EQ on my third month.

It takes time.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    B00tblack said:

It’s time for a Cavalier monthly quest with rewards to match it. I can’t imagine why Cavalier players wouldn’t want this.

And I do think some of the UC events have had tougher bosses and nodes recently. And I believe that’s to account for the stronger rosters above Uncollected. Although, I will also say the paths have gotten shorter with less champs to fight.

I am not looking forward to fighting 12k attack and 300k Hp enemies and then a 20k attack and 500k Hp boss currently so no thanks. As I said before a while back I would be okay with a cavalier EQ after rank 3 6 stars become the norm and the EQ is tailored to be easily done with rank 4s
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

The last few monthly events of uncollected quests have has some ridiculous BS nodes that never were introduced before. Nodes like "Cant Touch This" "Destructive Feedback" "Selective Timestream" "Sixth Sense" etc make the ability to complete the quest for those of us who dont have a roster of SPECIFIC awakened champs impossible! Upon doing more research I have found out these "interactive" nodes are found in ACT 6! The great majority of uncollected players haven't even played ANY part of Act 6 NOR do they even have access to it due to 6-star champ requirements. I personally haven't even completed Act 5 all the way through. Most of us are NOT Calvalier. We play Uncollected to get resources so we can be able to access harder content. These nodes should NOT be part of monthly quests.

Before any one responds with a cynnical or patronizing comment......if u are Calvalier...good for you. If you have all the 5-star awakened champs to bypass these nodes......I'm happy for you. I'm not a noob nor do I believe I'm alone in this concern.

I have played this game over 4 years now...and I don't think it's in Kabam's best interest to alienate the huge amount of uncollected players. This trend needs to stop.

Master became Uncollected and Heroic became Master. Kabam is expecting enormous skills for the player base to challenge a few cavaliers. I do agree things should go back to before like two years ago. It feels the very first Nameless Thanos EQ was the start of OP EQ's.

are they running out of ideas? possibly.

are these impossible to navigate? hardly.

one of my accounts is Cavalier, to be sure, but the uncollected account isn't having much issue clearing these nodes. 4* modok scorched his way easily past timestream kang in 28 hits, for example. for the most part, these nodes just force you to watch timers and punish parry/mlllm button mashing. if you can't adapt, it'll continue to be difficult for you.

Your second account doesn't erase your skill. You cannot learn to run if you can't walk first.

I don't mind some complexity, as long it is doable compared to the expected skill level. Someone who became UC and has the skill and roster of a UC, should be able to complete UC EQ. That's the point of the UC difficulty.

Just because you are uncollected doesn't mean you are ready for UC difficulty in the monthly EQs. Have you asked for help or shown your roster to see what counters you do have?

Reread your post and acknowledge the folly of it.

Vdh2008 said:

Lormif said:

People first becoming uncollected now also typically have much stronger rosters than those who were getting that title when the first UCEQ released.

People are getting uncollected with R4 and quite possibly even the odd R5 5*s now as opposed to 4/40 and 5/50 4*s. I don't see much issue in the EQ being more difficult as well
    The EQ equally has more difficult defenders, so that cancels out.
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    @Colonaut123 the difficulties have not increased at all. Heroic is equivalent in difficulty to 4.1, Master is equivalent to the end of act 4, uncollected is equivalent to act 5, with each chapter increasing in difficulty. "Uncollected" doesn't mean you should be able to complete the quest just because you've reached uncollected. It means you need to reach uncollected to access it. It's the next step after reaching uncollected. Beating the collector puts you at the bottom of the uncollected ladder, not the top. Exploring the monthly uncollected quest is about equal in difficulty to exploring act 5, as it should be. Once you have that down the next step is cavalier. You don't just go straight from uncollected to cavalier.
  • Vdh2008 said:

Lormif said:

People first becoming uncollected now also typically have much stronger rosters than those who were getting that title when the first UCEQ released.

People are getting uncollected with R4 and quite possibly even the odd R5 5*s now as opposed to 4/40 and 5/50 4*s. I don't see much issue in the EQ being more difficult as well
    The EQ equally has more difficult defenders, so that cancels out.
    I don't think this cancels out at all. Because new champions are being added all the time both the players and the content are getting those newer champions, and some of them are more problematic on defense. But the players are ranking up much faster than the content is getting harder on average: adding some nodes on some paths is a relatively small difficulty increase compared to the much larger rosters players have to tackle the content, and compared to how fast the average player ranks up champions.

The net advantage is overwhelmingly with the players in terms of power inflation. The idea that UC is getting more difficult faster than the players themselves are getting more powerful is almost ludicrous. In fact, on average I don't see UC getting materially more difficult in the last year. This month is not the hardest month of all time, nor was the last month, nor was the month before that. But it is undoubtedly a true statement that the players overall are stronger than they were last month, or the month before, or the month before.
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Not. All. Content. Is. Meant. For. Everyone.

Also...

git gud
  • DNA3000 said:

B00tblack said:

It’s time for a Cavalier monthly quest with rewards to match it. I can’t imagine why Cavalier players wouldn’t want this.

In the same way I think it is weird that players feel becoming Uncollected means they should be able to face roll Uncollected difficulty, I find it amusing to no end that Cavalier players think Cavalier difficulty is going to target the lowest Cavalier player instead of, at best, the middle of Cavalier players.

Cavalier difficulty isn't going to be a cakewalk reward for being Cavalier. Cavalier difficulty is going to challenge Cavalier players. And almost by definition, not all of them will pass that challenge.

When Cav difficulty comes out, I'm pretty sure for a third of Cav players it will be just the next higher set of rewards. For a third of Cav players it will be a struggle just to stay afloat. And for the last third, it will be yet another opportunity to start threads about how the game is a cash grab.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to that day.
    I guess a cavalier difficulty would follow the same pattern as the uc, in which, at least as I see it, the actual overall difficulty of a uc eq (considering nodes, champs, etc.) should range somewhere along the lines of 5.3/5.4.

So when, not if - in my opinion cavalier difficulty or some equivalent is definitely to be expected as long as the game continues moving forward - cavalier uc drops, I expect it to be along the lines of 6.2/6.3/6.4.

Just as with uc eq, becoming cavalier will merely unlock it, not prove that you're now on the level to tackle it in all it's expected nastiness.

I'm definitely looking forward to the challenge, although I certainly don't expect to steamroll it in any way shape or form. Surviving the first month of cavalier eq would be a good start.

And I'm also looking forward to the community outrage lol. I'd assume there's already a good chunk of cavaliers that are already in over their heads so to speak.
    I am cavalier. If it’s like 6.3 or a boss like 6.2 I’m gonna have trouble. Need to spend units. I’m up for it though. Even if the first months I can’t complete. More ways to earn 6* shards is better for the community. Sick of cavalier crystals.
    I'd rather have a decently hard cavalier difficulty with awesome rewards to work towards and eventually crawl my way through, than just a slightly harder slightly better uc eq.

I kind of hope they make it as hard as reasonably possible in that sense lol.
    I actually would prefer that as well, which is probably what's holding up Cav difficulty. It only makes sense to make Cav difficulty if there exists enough players that can do it. It isn't like LoL or LoL 2.0 where you don't care if people can't do it at first, and the whole playerbase can work towards it because it is permanent content. Monthly content comes and goes every month, and it isn't worth the development time if only a tiny number of people (or no one) can complete it month to month. So what's probably kept Cav back until now is that while there are a lot of UC players that can do UC difficulty easily, and there are even starting to build up a number of Cavalier players, the number that could do a hypothetical Cav difficulty is still too small to be worth the development time and too small to be partitioning with new Cav difficulty rewards (in other words, when you introduce Cav difficulty, some Cavs will be able to get the rewards and some won't, which will act to "disperse" the Cav players across a wider range of in-game progress).