**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why is lifecycle?

Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
This node... this node is just ridiculous ._.
We barely have time to hit him before the 3.5 seconds expire, ‘cause we have to wait for Surfer to get up and rush to him, with the risk of being comboed to death.

God I hate this node.

Every other quest was easy
But every single resource (and units) I had went to this fight and his health does not diminish from 10%.

How the hell am I supposed to beat this guy? Help me please

Comments

• Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★

I used 4 revives, quit, and brought in DoT champs. Void and Blade are good options. Parry/ heavy and pray the bleed is enough to kill him in that small timeframe

Ok... at least I brought blade into my team... I’ll try this when I get 40 units -.-‘
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    I used Cull, he had 48% health ,.....had no problem....did lots of heavys and 2 sp1s. Done deal.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited December 2019
    Goodness said:

It’s literally one of the easier ones of act6

Dunno why people are disagreeing with you. That was infinitely easier to deal with than No Retreat.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Specials that stun are also a good way to get a quick combo in with the shield down when they’re at low hp
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Heal blockers can assist on this, heal blockers with DOT can work as well.

DoT shouldn't work on lifecycle. Void's passive damage still does however and he's one of the best options for that node if you have him
    Is lifecycle changed on this EQ that DoT works? If so, then it's far easier.

Normally DoT effects do zero damage on it
    I used Doom and Void when I explored that quest though. Both handled the node easily
  • YofaYofa Posts: 11
    @

I used Doom and Void when I explored that quest though. Both handled the node easily

Are you talking about the silver boss surf?
    Because there is also a way with this node ... meh c just riddicule the paths life cycle is not the worst in my opinion ... where there is a divided atom and rancor on a line c does not matter what
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 539 ★★★

A l p h a said:

This is why people are asking for a cavalier difficulty... Its abit unfair to expect newer uncollected players who may have only just best the 5.2 collector to fight the main EQ boss with an act 6.2 node

this was the second troll i saw from the devs in this eq- throwing a Cavalier- level node in the final chapter of the uncollected difficulty. the first troll was She-hulk boss for a node the previous chain-heavy iteration of she- hulk would breeze through.

i feel for the 5/50 skin-of-their-teeth UC warriors, in that this eq in particular seems much more difficult. i cheesed the last 2 chapters with 6*r2 thing with the super-cheese synergy team of champion/ angela/ hela/heimdall and the hardest part was waiting out timers before i punched aegon/surfer into oblivion. there really ought to be a cav level difficulty, especially now that 6r3s are entering the game.
    Why would someone who got UC by the skin of their teeth assume they're going to breeze through or even be able to finish the UC EQ? Just bc the difficulty is now open to them doesn't mean that everyone will or should be able to finish it

A l p h a said:

This is why people are asking for a cavalier difficulty... Its abit unfair to expect newer uncollected players who may have only just best the 5.2 collector to fight the main EQ boss with an act 6.2 node

this was the second troll i saw from the devs in this eq- throwing a Cavalier- level node in the final chapter of the uncollected difficulty. the first troll was She-hulk boss for a node the previous chain-heavy iteration of she- hulk would breeze through.

i feel for the 5/50 skin-of-their-teeth UC warriors, in that this eq in particular seems much more difficult. i cheesed the last 2 chapters with 6*r2 thing with the super-cheese synergy team of champion/ angela/ hela/heimdall and the hardest part was waiting out timers before i punched aegon/surfer into oblivion. there really ought to be a cav level difficulty, especially now that 6r3s are entering the game.
    Why would someone who got UC by the skin of their teeth assume they're going to breeze through or even be able to finish the UC EQ? Just bc the difficulty is now open to them doesn't mean that everyone will or should be able to finish it
    So by this are you saying of they introduce a cavalier difficilty, then only some of them should be able to finish it? Not the ones who have more recently become cavalier? It should be a challenge of course I agree, but at the same time shouldn't be designed so only certain people will get through it either!
    Yofa said:

@

Are you talking about the silver boss surf?
    Because there is also a way with this node ... meh c just riddicule the paths life cycle is not the worst in my opinion ... where there is a divided atom and rancor on a line c does not matter what
    Yes talking about surfer boss
    A l p h a said:

A l p h a said:

A l p h a said:

So by this are you saying of they introduce a cavalier difficilty, then only some of them should be able to finish it? Not the ones who have more recently become cavalier? It should be a challenge of course I agree, but at the same time shouldn't be designed so only certain people will get through it either!
    Absolutely that's what I'm saying. I have a feeling quite a lot of players that blew through to getting Cavalier early and still haven't finished exploring Act 5, finishing Variants, LoL, etc.... that are already saying we need a Cav difficulty, will be sitting here crying about how hard it is once we do get it. If you barely meet the requirements or punched above your weight to meet them, then yeah you're probably going to struggle pretty bad occasionally at the new difficulty that you just unlocked
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★
    Or chees him to dead with a ronna stun luck him.

Heavy L3 why so hard

It's not at all
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 539 ★★★

A l p h a said:

A l p h a said:

A l p h a said:

Absolutely that's what I'm saying. I have a feeling quite a lot of players that blew through to getting Cavalier early and still haven't finished exploring Act 5, finishing Variants, LoL, etc.... that are already saying we need a Cav difficulty, will be sitting here crying about how hard it is once we do get it. If you barely meet the requirements or punched above your weight to meet them, then yeah you're probably going to struggle pretty bad occasionally at the new difficulty that you just unlocked
    Ahh okay I'll admit that's a fair statement, yes I agree with that! People who blow through to cavalier status rather than exploring other content like act 5 and variant should definitely have more difficulty than those who have done all of that, appreciate the clarification 👍🙂