**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Variant 4 1* champions rant

2»

Comments

• ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★

Thecurler said:

At the moment it looks like a cheap trick and everybody knows it. Deep down, even the ultra smug “you shouldn’t sell your champs” brigade must realise the cost of acquiring a 1* hulk is ridiculously unfair.

Hopefully in the not too distant future they will release another 1* champ who can deal with caustic temper or make 1* Hulk accessible without the current astronomical cost.

From a business perspective it “makes sense”. Morally it doesn’t seem quite right to me.

And no you shouldn’t sell champs. And yes in one way or another there should be a “cost” of getting a 1* hulk, just make it fair that’s all.

It's not a "cheap trick", that's just a really silly way to put this. How was/is anyone tricked? Is the miniscule amount of stuff you get for selling a 1* so enticing that you had no real choice in the matter in terms of the in-game economy?

If anything those crystals give you a chance to get your champs back. Sure, they could be cheaper, but what are we talking about exactly, if you say it should be "fair"? Are we talking like cheaper crystals with only 1* champs? Are we talking like an arena to just grind them out for free? Not gonna happen for now and it would be extremely unwise from a business perspective.

Right now there is quite the high demand, so sure thing they'll try to milk it as much as possible. That demand however will slowly die out, since with v4 now being permanently in the game "don't sell your champs" will become an even stricter rule.

Once the first wave of impatient summoners bought their 1* rosters back they'll probably introduce other ways to get 1* champs. Maybe they'll even introduce new 1* versions of existing champs, who knows?

I can absolutely see how it sucks. But no one did you any wrong, no one cheated you out of anything, no one did you any harm.
    The “Cheap trick” part is in reference to the (otherwise) useless champ behind a ridiculous unit paywall. I wanted so use another word beginning with “C” instead of “cheap” but it’s against forum rules.

I sold every champ below 4* r4 a couple of years ago when I quit the game. I was going to sell the lot but couldn’t bring myself to do it. All 2, 3 and 4* have been recovered, obviously missing a few 1*.

V4 is by far the easiest variant... except 3 paths if you don’t have a 1* hulk. I can understand not being able to complete a piece of content through not having a particular 5 or 6* champion because that’s aligned with progression.

Judging by your post there is little point continuing any discussion. We clearly have opposite views that aren’t going to change.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★

Thecurler said:

Thecurler said:

At the moment it looks like a cheap trick and everybody knows it. Deep down, even the ultra smug “you shouldn’t sell your champs” brigade must realise the cost of acquiring a 1* hulk is ridiculously unfair.

Hopefully in the not too distant future they will release another 1* champ who can deal with caustic temper or make 1* Hulk accessible without the current astronomical cost.

From a business perspective it “makes sense”. Morally it doesn’t seem quite right to me.

And no you shouldn’t sell champs. And yes in one way or another there should be a “cost” of getting a 1* hulk, just make it fair that’s all.

It's not a "cheap trick", that's just a really silly way to put this. How was/is anyone tricked? Is the miniscule amount of stuff you get for selling a 1* so enticing that you had no real choice in the matter in terms of the in-game economy?

If anything those crystals give you a chance to get your champs back. Sure, they could be cheaper, but what are we talking about exactly, if you say it should be "fair"? Are we talking like cheaper crystals with only 1* champs? Are we talking like an arena to just grind them out for free? Not gonna happen for now and it would be extremely unwise from a business perspective.

Right now there is quite the high demand, so sure thing they'll try to milk it as much as possible. That demand however will slowly die out, since with v4 now being permanently in the game "don't sell your champs" will become an even stricter rule.

Once the first wave of impatient summoners bought their 1* rosters back they'll probably introduce other ways to get 1* champs. Maybe they'll even introduce new 1* versions of existing champs, who knows?

I can absolutely see how it sucks. But no one did you any wrong, no one cheated you out of anything, no one did you any harm.
    The “Cheap trick” part is in reference to the (otherwise) useless champ behind a ridiculous unit paywall. I wanted so use another word beginning with “C” instead of “cheap” but it’s against forum rules.

I sold every champ below 4* r4 a couple of years ago when I quit the game. I was going to sell the lot but couldn’t bring myself to do it. All 2, 3 and 4* have been recovered, obviously missing a few 1*.

V4 is by far the easiest variant... except 3 paths if you don’t have a 1* hulk. I can understand not being able to complete a piece of content through not having a particular 5 or 6* champion because that’s aligned with progression.

Judging by your post there is little point continuing any discussion. We clearly have opposite views that aren’t going to change.
    I still fail to see how you've been tricked, be it cheaply or otherwise. You sold your champs out of spite, something along those lines.

Neither is selling your champs a requirement for retiring from the game, nor does it make even the tiniest bit of sense. We should be able to agree that selling your champs was completely on you and was neither nessecary, nor profitable or otherwise beneficial or enticing, in short: not a reasonable decision. That's not me judging you, that's me trying to objectively judge the situation.

Now there's a crystal that enables you to rebuild your 1* roster, both for v4 and other potential pieces of content using a formula similar to v4.

Please elaborate on where exactly you've been tricked in any way or how this is in any way a c**t-move.
    Hopefully my reply to this will reappear. I edited it hours ago, it went off for approval never to be seen again.

I’m wondering if you’re trolling here because you seem to be missing the point entirely.
    At no point have I claimed selling champs or whatever is a good thing, blamed anyone other than myself or set an expectation that I should get a free 1* etc etc.

However the cost for this 1* is astronomical in relative terms. Theoretically by reviving and healing through chapter 1, a player with no 6*, a fairly underdeveloped 5* roster but solid 1, 2, 3 and 4* options could explore this variant at lower cost than a cavalier with solid roster other than the missing 1* hulk. Hardly rewards progression hey.

The only point I have been trying to make (as per previous poster), it feels very much like Kabam are taking advantage of the 1* hulk situation. Players who sold or never acquired a 1* hulk are put at a disadvantage where the penalty is completely disproportionate to the “crime”.
    The price of this champ or completing v4 without him is just crazy.
  • bensonk2bensonk2 Posts: 30
    Y'all need to stop baiting him... he's only here to troll everyone. Look how many posts he has compared to the average person in here? The fact is this: Some of us have been playing this game for 4-5 yrs... until this variant came out like 2yrs ago (can't remember the exact dates.. don't really care either..) there was zero content in the game that you actually WANTED to use 1* champs for. Nothin... nada... zilch..zero... So, some of us made a decision (very stupid in hindsight..) to sell our champs. Yes, I'm agreeing with the trolls... it was dumb, I never should have done it... but It happened... OVER 3yrs ago! This was all prior to content that REQUIRED the use of 1* champs... I have been recollecting my champs since this act of stupidity... BUT, I have ZERO 1* champs. How do I get them back? I have no choice but to BUY a single crystal that costs 50 units.. which only allows me a 20% chance at a 1* champ... Really? That is the ONLY way to acquire a 1* champ.. to date..that is only necessary for this one map. I can get 2* and 3* still... why not 1*? You should never have to BUY something that you cannot earn in game somewhere...

And before the Trolls pick that last line up and twist it to their evil plan... I can earn PHC just about everywhere in game, I can get 2* crystals from Arenas.. I can get 3*, 4*, 5* and 6* crystal shards and FULL crystals... in multiple ways in game. But I have to BUY 1*... It's poor execution and a real slap in the face for the player base that supports this game. Kabam... you need to do better.
  • Some people sold there 1* and others moved on so fast that they didnt have the chance to grow their 1* roster. If I'm not mistaken it happened to whalemilker3000 seatins ftp account. So the arguement that if you dont have the 1* hulk its your fault for not having him doesnt make sense for some summoners. Now for those that did sell them that sucks but its also a lesson to be learnt. Now I'm not saying that the 1 and 2* crystal is right for the price at least
  • bensonk2bensonk2 Posts: 30
    PS. There was another reason why many people sold their champs back in the day... (wasn't my reason... but MANY people did it) AW matchmaking used to take into account the total alliance PI when matching... so quite a few alliances decided as a group, to sell their unused champs (1-2-3*) to get easier matchups. Yes... I personally ran into many alliances doing this, and it sucked big time, but it was a strategy that worked well within the rules and state of the game at the time. This game has matured significantly since then. Anyone who started playing this game inside the last 3yrs likely wouldn't get that... My point being, many people sold their champs for various reasons. If you really think about it, its not a whole lot different than Kabam releasing a champ like Thor, DS or SW back in the day then nerfing the heck out of them. You GIVE us these 1* champs for free as we start the game... but we quickly realize that 2* champs are WAY better and super easy to get... By a few weeks into playing, you are only using 3* champs and may even have a 4*. 1* are just sitting... for multiple years... what good are they? then another year goes by and they put up some content that requires these 1* champs. Give us a way to EARN them in game... No one in their right mind wants a PHC either... but I can get 20 a week without even trying... and I don't have to buy them.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    I have 100% Variant 4, I had a few issues down the road but that's perfectly normally. They game should have some challenging content, if not it gets boring and no one becomes interested. So it's fine to get frustrated, or a bit angry but right mindset is to find solutions to whatever obstacle you face.

For those that sold their 1stars, it's on you. It's a choice you made given the knowledge and info you had at that time, but it cannot be undone and you have to live with effects.

However, I noticed every crystal chance in game is designed this way: Lower percentage or chance to obtain higher tier champ against higher chance to obtain a lower tier champ. Ex. Cavalier crystal has 1% to obtain a 6star, 11% for a 5star, etc. Premium crystal has 3% for 4star, 20% for 3star, etc. So why should the 1 and 2 star champs have the reverse, 80% chance for 2 star and 20% for 1star. This makes me laugh. This purely for business and money purposes. In effect the pattern or slogan for all hero crystals: "whatever champ you need the most the harder it is to get". I think Kabam are being unfair here just reverse the percentage of the 1 and 2 star hero crystal or even make it a 50-50. Give them a decent chance to explore that content.