**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should Kabam just remove the sell button on 4*s and bellow?

TheToxicCactusTheToxicCactus Posts: 368 β˜…β˜…
After the release of V4, it just proves how bad selling champs can really be. Not only that, there are people selling their champs to earn more 5*s but in return get really unlucky pulls (not all) and hurting their rating/prestige. Earlier a fellow officer of mine sold his 4* iron patriot just to pull a 5* cyclops and argued it was a win πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ. What are your thoughts?

Should Kabam just remove the sell button on 4*s and bellow? 59 votes

Yes
52%
GamerBigPoppaCBONERagamugginGunnerPiviotGK_23btd602Lvernon15SpiderCoolsRasiloverPsyDuckMad_Titan_21LibertyPrimeV1Colonaut123FhfjghhggggjfhfjgDarth_Caedus1Wozzy101LordNeoBeyond00_StevieManWonderEtjama 31 votes
No, I must sell iron patriot every time I pull him
47%
LeNoirFaineantJcray705TheVyrusTerraKillgore19NojokejaymDuke_SilverLiss_Bliss_Panchulon21ESFSinedd92shadow_lurker22KevanproGNeotwismX_Factor_AgentTiger360ArsozGiodood_1DaddriedaIronGladiator22 28 votes

Comments

• Options
    ECOMAECOMA Posts: 328 β˜…β˜…
    You should have the freedom to sell knowing it may backfire
  • Options
    The whole point of playing a game like this is to give players options and let them decide how to use those options, and accept the consequences of those decisions. If you're going to take away the sell button for lower champions just because you think it is a bad idea, why not let the game decide who to rank up as well. A lot of people rank up champs that arguably hurt their future progress, but that's their decision to make.

The only sell buttons Kabam takes away are the super high value ones where players were constantly opening support tickets asking for the sale to be reversed. They didn't remove the button because it was a bad idea to sell, they removed it because there were too many players generating support tickets due to accidental sales. They probably don't get a lot of tickets asking to reverse the sale of a 3* champ, so Kabam leaves it up to the players to decide if they want to sell those or not.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Yes
    DNA3000 said:

The whole point of playing a game like this is to give players options and let them decide how to use those options, and accept the consequences of those decisions. If you're going to take away the sell button for lower champions just because you think it is a bad idea, why not let the game decide who to rank up as well. A lot of people rank up champs that arguably hurt their future progress, but that's their decision to make.

The only sell buttons Kabam takes away are the super high value ones where players were constantly opening support tickets asking for the sale to be reversed. They didn't remove the button because it was a bad idea to sell, they removed it because there were too many players generating support tickets due to accidental sales. They probably don't get a lot of tickets asking to reverse the sale of a 3* champ, so Kabam leaves it up to the players to decide if they want to sell those or not.

Disagree. You can pull a champion... and do absolutely nothing with it. No level ups, no rank ups, nothing besides duping it. That is still better than selling, as duping gives you more shards. Economically, it is never feasible to sell your champions and I think Kabam should protect players from doing absolutely bad decisions.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    No I don't believe in selling but I think 5* is a good enough cutoff
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    This is an online game based on RNG, where progression is shaped by resource allocation.

People should get to decide how they manage their accounts. If they want to sell a character for shards to open another crystal or for ISO and gold to rank up another character, that's a decision they should get to make.

It's not Kabam's job to teach people how to make decisions. If anything, it's a horrible idea, because people need to learn how to take responsibility for the choices they make
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    THIS IS AMERICA!!!!!!!
    (Sry I sound like a hillbillie but still)
  • Options
    ECOMAECOMA Posts: 328 β˜…β˜…

THIS IS AMERICA!!!!!!!
    (Sry I sound like a hillbillie but still)

The game is made in Canada.

Sorry
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

Disagree. You can pull a champion... and do absolutely nothing with it. No level ups, no rank ups, nothing besides duping it. That is still better than selling, as duping gives you more shards. Economically, it is never feasible to sell your champions and I think Kabam should protect players from doing absolutely bad decisions.
    Well, if you think one player's opinion should dictate how everyone else should play, I'll go along with that as long as it is mine. If it is yours, I'm disinclined to go along with that.

You should assume everyone else in the game thinks similarly.
  • Options
    ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    nope, that's player freedom, if you want to be ignorant knowing the damage of selling champions... then go right ahead, not about to waste my time because people don't have patience, and wanna rush an get higher tier champs
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    If it’s player’s freedom to sell a champion then it’s not up to kabam to lock us out from selling 5* champions.
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    @Colonaut123 Its not Kabams job to protect the players. Its not smart to sell champs but its a choice players can make. Its smart to have Parry and Dex in your Mastery tree so should Kabam make them mandatory? Its not kabams job to automatically choose what i want to do with my account. If I choose to sell all my champs in the hopes of pulling Corvus or Ghost starting out to clear all early content that's my choice. I dont want kabam choosing what i can and cant do with my champs. They arent my babysitter.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I sell Joe Fixit every time lol
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Once in a blue moon I get a little impatient, and I gotta sell one of my unduped 4*s to get that last bit of 5* shards to form a crystal. Eventually, you reach a point where it’s really not detrimental to sell a champ. Obviously it’s still smart not to, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,861 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Voting no...but I never sell champs.
    Just think people should be able to if they want