**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Prestige Question

In Kabam's FAQ it states:

If I change my Individual Prestige during the Alliance Quest will the Alliance Prestige increase?
Changing your Individual Prestige once the Alliance Quest is active will not affect the total Alliance Prestige for that Quest. The difficulty and available Points will remain the same. However, the updated Prestige will be used in the next Quest.

It's kind of vague if it means that day of AQ or the full session of AQ. So is it possible to increase your alliance's prestige during the session by increasing individual prestige? I always thought yes but now unsure if that's true or not.

Comments

• Options
    NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    I believe the prestige is fixed for that aq week once aq starts. So increasing your prestige only matters before that aq week starts, since each subsequent day is based on your completion the previous day.
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 827 ★★★★
    No it doesn’t affect your alliance prestige once AQ starts
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    Prestige if 'fixed' once your Alliance Leader or one of the Alliances officers starts the AQ maps for that particular day. Any prestige increase from rank ups or from added sig ability after that day's AQ maps are started will be applied to the Prestige used in the next day's map.

Example:

Ally prestige is 3000. Your officer starts Day 1. Day 1 map prestige is locked in a 3000.
    You get a new rank up and your ally prestige jumps to 3010. Day 1 points will still be calcualted off the 3000 prestige.

When Day 2 starts, your Day 2 points will be based on 3010 (+/- the points gained from completing or failing the maps from Day 1).

Hope this is clear enough and helps.
  • Options
    ChenChen Posts: 115
    edited January 2020
    Seems this is the same confusion I have read about prestige. Two different types of answers. One says it's locked after AQ sessions starts (all based off starting prestige and cannot change) but another person saying you can change it during the week (example by LilMaddogHT). I always thought it worked like LilMaddogHT states.

Hate to tag mods but would like to hear it directly from a Kabam employee.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos
  • Options
    Look again at what you initially copied from official source...

“updated Prestige will be used in the NEXT QUEST”

Doesn’t say Next Series, it says Next Quest (which means the Next Day's AQ).

Same for alliance membership changes, they will be reflected in Prestige when the next day's AQ starts.
    MadDog is correct.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Not sure you guys are correct honestly. If there's a prestige change mid cycle, you can see the prestige increase day to day (when history was still working) change as well. That would indicate your prestige being a live score as opposed to locked.
  • Options
    These are some old bg screens with nothing else being different between day 1 and day 2 besides slight prestige increases. Both days were 100% exploration

• Options
    If the alliance prestige didnt update youd receive the same daily prestige increase for exploration every day
  • Options

Let's assume few hypothetical numbers:

Your total ally prestige is 10k
    Your individual prestige is 9k
    Your ally play mapA in 3 BGs
    MapA Boss Clear in one BG gives 500 points and fail to Clear boss takes away 500 points.

Now let's calculate how prestige gets effected daily;

Starting Prestige for Day 1
    = 10k
    On Day1 All 3 BG clears

New Prestige for Day2
    = 10k +500x3 = 11.5k
    On Day2 All 3 BG clears

New Prestige for Day3
    =11.5k +500x3 = 13k
    On Day3 2BG clears, 1BG fails

New Prestige for Day4
    = 13k +500x2 -500x1 = 13.5k
    On Day4 All 3BG fails

Day5:
    New Prestige for Day5
    = 13.5k -500x3= 12k
    On Day5 Map clear doesnt effect next prestige as it's last day of AQ.

You can check your corresponding numbers in 'History' and 'Completed' tabs.

Ally prestige is locked the moment AQ cycle is started.
    If you upgrade your individual prestige between AQ cycle, it won't effect the current Ally prestige.
    Your new individual prestige will be included in next AQ cycle.
    Hope this clears things up.

I just posted 2 bg screenshots with absolutely zero difference between day 1 and 2 that were posted besides prestige increases. All 3 bgs cleared 100% all days which still wouldn't matter as those are individual bg shots
  • Options
    Day 1 was + 694 for 100% and day 2 was + 695 for 100%. If it was locked there would have been no change between day 1 and 2
  • Options
    I've seen it happen plenty of times but those are the only 2 shots I saved.
  • Options
    ChenChen Posts: 115

Same for alliance membership changes, they will be reflected in Prestige when the next day's AQ starts.
    MadDog is correct.

They throw around terms like Quest and Alliance Quest. At no point do they call it a Series or Session which would make it easier to understand. Anyway finally got a response from a Kabam employee:

I was reading your case and see that you are concerned with the Prestige. First, I would like to inform that once your Prestige changes, this will be taken to the next Alliance Quest. Meaning, if your prestige changed on Day 2 of the Alliance Quest, the new prestige will be taken on the next Alliance Quest on the next day.

So according to this employee, Maddog's description is correct.
  • Options
    Chen said:

MadDog is correct.

They throw around terms like Quest and Alliance Quest. At no point do they call it a Series or Session which would make it easier to understand. Anyway finally got a response from a Kabam employee:

I was reading your case and see that you are concerned with the Prestige. First, I would like to inform that once your Prestige changes, this will be taken to the next Alliance Quest. Meaning, if your prestige changed on Day 2 of the Alliance Quest, the new prestige will be taken on the next Alliance Quest on the next day.

Correct which is exactly what I showed in the screenshots
  • Options

I was typing this long reply at the time you posted ss in your comments.
    I'll check and give updates after AQcycle completes today.
    Provided history tab is working lol

It's still worked at the end of each cycle just haven't been able to check day to day for a while. Supposedly the history function will be fixed and back in the next update
  • Options
    Chen said:

@Chen , Glad you got official confirmation of what we have already observed tracking our own alliances in the past.

And @Gamesbond90 , first, your assumed numbers are wrong. The ration of +/- Prestige change for a BG Win/Loss is 3 to 2 (not 1 to 1) Which (approximately for an alliance as an example of around 10m Rating) would be somewhere around +300 for a Win (being a Thanos kill, not necessarily a 100% BG) and -200 for a Loss. Although the exact +/- numbers are based on how high of an ally you are, they are always in a 3x2 ratio (for the same map). Although the exact +/- Change numbers are also dependent on which Map you are running too.

If you have significant upgrading to top champs during a series, you should be able to see a higher change to the ongoing Prestige during the week, compared to what your starting AQ Prestige was and adding all the +/- BG Win/Loss changes from each day to that.