**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does prestige affect AW matches?

I was wondering if alliance’s prestige affects war matches or only quests. I mean, if you have high prestige, do you get more difficult matches?

Comments

• Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,266 ★★★★★
    War matches are based on alliance rating not prestige. AQ scoring is affected by prestige
  • Options
    luanamenderluanamender Posts: 229

War matches are based on alliance rating not prestige. AQ scoring is affected by prestige

I’m aware that it’s based on alliance rating but I was wondering if prestige somehow affected it. Thanks for explaining!
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

I’m aware that it’s based on alliance rating but I was wondering if prestige somehow affected it. Thanks for explaining!
    It has been speculated that prestige does play a role in aw matchmaking. I don’t think any kabam mod has ever confirmed it but it’s definitely a bit of prestige calculated in the process.
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★
    Matchmaking has been spot on for our alliance for a long time. Our matches always seem close in terms of war rating and prestige. No complaints at all.
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    There are always a few 3k+ rating groups every season that are around 20-22 million that never face any of the other 3k+ groups which are closer to 40 million. I think that alone makes it definitive that prestige is being factored in some way.
  • Options

Well, it’s primarily based on War Rating, not Alliance Rating. But after War Rating is looked at, it probably does go secondarily to some type of alliance strength (whether that be straight up Alliance Rating, or top-champs Prestige).

Hard to know if some secondary factor is technically by Alliance Rating or by Prestige, unless you know an alliance out there where most people have sold all their heroes except their top ones (then it would be stark difference between Ally Rating and Prestige). But otherwise, don’t think you can really see much of a the difference between those two factors.

And just a note, I am in a very low WAR Rating (1 WG retired ally), but around maybe 18+ mil ALLY Rating. And we don’t ever get matched against actually Low Level Beginner alliances (even if they have same War Rating). It seems to always be other Low War (but High Ally) rated casual strong alliances.
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I believe it does. The matchups I see in aw typically appear to be very close in prestige as well as war rating. Random matchups do happen but I have not been part of a clear mismatch in my alliances favor in a real long time, while there are alliances far weaker than us with higher war ratings. If that makes sense.
  • Options
    GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 269

I was wondering if alliance’s prestige affects war matches or only quests. I mean, if you have high prestige, do you get more difficult matches?

yes, it affects in some way. matchmaking now takes prestige into his formula
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/120068/new-alliance-wars-matchmaking-system-season-8-details