**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why 2* are still relevant (even if they don't really matter)

2* are still relevant for a couple reasons ...

1) if you max milestones in summoner trials you get 5-6 prems, a ton of BC , units, and gold... and it only takes 40 or so matches to achieve (for me about 90 min of game time).

2) Once you max all PHC 2* (sig 99) you get 3* champs twice as fast, which snowballs into 4 and 5* champs over time.

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    If your 2* champs are max sig, then for the most part you'll get 110 3* fragments for each 2* champion you draw. That's about 18 for a 3* champ. If your 3* champs are also max sig then about 18 of them equals a 4* champ. It takes about 331 2* champs to earn enough shards (assuming 2* and 3* champs max sig) to generate enough shards for a 4* crystal. So in a sense, a 2* champions (maximum) value is about 6 4* shards (and some gold and ISO).

It is not a lot, but it is not bad considering 2* crystals and PHCs (which most often drop 2* champs) are plentiful.
  • Options
    Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    If your 2* champs are max sig, then for the most part you'll get 110 3* fragments for each 2* champion you draw. That's about 18 for a 3* champ. If your 3* champs are also max sig then about 18 of them equals a 4* champ. It takes about 331 2* champs to earn enough shards (assuming 2* and 3* champs max sig) to generate enough shards for a 4* crystal. So in a sense, a 2* champions (maximum) value is about 6 4* shards (and some gold and ISO).

It is not a lot, but it is not bad considering 2* crystals and PHCs (which most often drop 2* champs) are plentiful.

You're not pointing out that those numbers are 2x as fast as not having those 2*
  • Options
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    1) people either do not have time to grind all arenas or if they have, they get more rewards from other arenas

2) you get more shards by selling 2* ar rank 3 than from duping it.

I just keep all my 2* for collection purposes but they really are useless once you start rolling in upper end of the game.

Anytime you sell a champ you lose 3x the value that you gain.. you realize that right? (that's pulling the champ twice and duping it once)
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    1) people either do not have time to grind all arenas or if they have, they get more rewards from other arenas

I just keep all my 2* for collection purposes but they really are useless once you start rolling in upper end of the game.

Not true max sig crystals give considerably more shards than straight up selling 2 stars unless you put iso and catalysts into them before selling them which is pretty stupid
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Imac7065 wrote: »

You're not pointing out that those numbers are 2x as fast as not having those 2*

I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you don't have any 2* champions you won't get any 3* shards for pulling a 2* champion. If you have the 2* champions but they are not max sig then you will only get shards for duping, not from max sig crystals and the rate will be lower than what I mention above.

You start off essentially getting no shards, then you start getting 3* shards on duping, then at some point you start duping 3*s, and at different points in time you start to get max sig 3* shards and max sig 4* shards. Somewhere in the middle when you likely have all the 2* and all the 3* but none are max sig, you will be earning 1/4th the net overall 4* shards as the calculation above states. In reality the rate increases unevenly as you acquire, dup, and max your 2* and 3* champs. The calculation above is the theoretical maximum.
  • Options
    Imac7065 wrote: »

I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you don't have any 2* champions you won't get any 3* shards for pulling a 2* champion. If you have the 2* champions but they are not max sig then you will only get shards for duping, not from max sig crystals and the rate will be lower than what I mention above.

You start off essentially getting no shards, then you start getting 3* shards on duping, then at some point you start duping 3*s, and at different points in time you start to get max sig 3* shards and max sig 4* shards. Somewhere in the middle when you likely have all the 2* and all the 3* but none are max sig, you will be earning 1/4th the net overall 4* shards as the calculation above states. In reality the rate increases unevenly as you acquire, dup, and max your 2* and 3* champs. The calculation above is the theoretical maximum.

the entire point is maxing them out.. once you max them out you get twice the shards (or an immortal iron fist)
  • Options
    5C0T5C0T Posts: 28
    What's the best way to max milestones in summoner trials? Is there an infinite streak on that arena?
  • Options
    Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    5C0T wrote: »
    What's the best way to max milestones in summoner trials? Is there an infinite streak on that arena?

Just have maxed out 2* and not have to worry about it?
  • Options
    FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    There is no point
  • Options
    Sungj wrote: »

Not true max sig crystals give considerably more shards than straight up selling 2 stars unless you put iso and catalysts into them before selling them which is pretty stupid

What is not true? I specifically said that you need to sell them at rank 3 to get more shards. That is true across the board. For 2*, 3* and 4* .. higher ranked ones give more shards than max rank sig crystal ... You want to keep it then keep it ... but there are more shards to be had by obtaining, ranking and selling ... and the catalysts required to upgrade 2* are abundant ...

So you waste the cats / iso / gold to rank up a 2* just to sell it? Getting a guaranteed 110 3* shards for every PHC is a lot .... A LOT better than that
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Since the new Arenas were released I've not used any 2* ever again. Even not for sandbag.