**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How long till we get Age of Apocalypse?

Fredhorst23Fredhorst23 Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
Just curious when we get to do an AOA eq, maybe over a few months like with the fantastic four. Aside from wanting Apocalypse, morph and holocaust as new characters, its be great to get new versions of other champs that could maybe be better like cyclops and Jean grey.

Comments

• MetroidBlasterMetroidBlaster Posts: 131 ★★
    weapon x! sunfire! holocaust! UGH! they would need to do like a multiple month event to get it right. blink deserves to be in this game! and give us a magneto we can be proud of!
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    Kraven the Hunter also along with Sebastian Shaw would be dupe!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,241 ★★★★★

weapon x! sunfire! holocaust! UGH! they would need to do like a multiple month event to get it right. blink deserves to be in this game! and give us a magneto we can be proud of!

I can see how Holocaust could be controversial. I get that he's in the Comics, but they might stay away from that one. Lol.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

At the first sight I mix up with onslaught
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    You guys should keep it to event quest speculation, or the thread will get closed
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    Would love some Blink, Weapon X and Wild Child. Also X-man to improve the Cable champs.
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

Would love some Blink, Weapon X and Wild Child. Also X-man to improve the Cable champs.

Weapon x was in the game but got removed....hmm...they did say that there was something special tied to him....maybe....can it?.....
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,807 ★★★★★

Bugmat78 said:

Weapon x was in the game but got removed....hmm...they did say that there was something special tied to him....maybe....can it?.....
    You mean the og wpx that was there with the helmet on, or did you see the aoa one somewhere too?
    nah, that was Wolverine (Weapon X), not the one-handed Wolverine from AOA.
  • Man an event based around the Age of Apocalypse storyline would be insane. So many great character variants. My personal favorite was the Weapon X title pairing up Jean and Logan as a duo was awesome.

To do it right, it would take months. That alone spells it's VERY unlikely to happen. Although... maybe in a couple years when they start slowly introducing mutants to the MCU there's a chance we could see some of them. Just to see a full blown AoA event in MCoC... is very unlikely to happen.

However, the Battlerealm is so vast that it's not impossible these particular variants could find their way here. Kabam has done a great job in building the various territories and lore attached. So maybe an AoA region could happen. It would have to be an ongoing thing like they did with F4 though to get the myraid of madness that is AoA.

If they were to do it, I wonder how they'd write it in? Would be interesting to see the variants interact with eachother throughout the story arc in game. How would they view eachother? Some standard Villains being Heroes and some Heroes being Villains. Having a Magneto tagged Hero would be fun (also having him made to match where the meta of the game at the time of release would be a nice bonus). They syngeries. The character designs. It would be pretty amazing.
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    I would love it, but one problem. We already have a very mutant dominated game. Introducing more mutants would really break the game, and if these characters are anything less than op, people will complain (cough silver surfer cough)
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I hope Mikhail, Colossus' bro and Horseman of Apocalyps gets added.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,726 ★★★★★
    FR33_HUG5 said:

Age of Apocalypse must have Sugar Man.

Geez he looks like a venom and modok hybrid or something lol

Zuro said:

FR33_HUG5 said:

Age of Apocalypse must have Sugar Man.

Geez he looks like a venom and modok hybrid or something lol
    Also he eats children.
    unless youre poor illyana....

im so glad this thread has taken off. ive brought this topic up so many times and ppl are kinda jerks about it but you ppl are great. this is the 25th anniversary of the AoA after all, i hope kabam and marvel can show it some of the love it deserves!

They could use those crappy green soldiers Apocalypse has in aoa to replace drones, syms etc too. And we can have a sabretooth who uses Wildchild in all his specials.

or give us jamie madrox as the madri !
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★

this is the 25th anniversary of the AoA after all, i hope kabam and marvel can show it some of the love it deserves!

25 years? wow. Might dust them off and re-read them.

• John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    edited February 2020

I can see how Holocaust could be controversial. I get that he's in the Comics, but they might stay away from that one. Lol.
    They could just call him nemesis and avoid the problem. Hed be so much fun.
    This Nemesis? I agree let’s add this crazy son of a gun