**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

War counted towards season??

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Lol just cancel the season already. Any fix implemented now will not work because it is too far gone now. Interested to see how this will all turn out. What a gong show

Exactly!

I don't get how they can be so hesitant with this when we legitimately just had a similar problem a few months back, which ended in the season being cancelled
    No fix and no point adjustment can account for all the problems occuring from this. At least I don't understand how that would work.
    Yup I just don't see how they can possibly get this right with any type of fix now. There is no fix at the end of the season that will work cleanly. For this to have worked they needed to just roll back the last war before the placement phase started. But now In order to fix it 100% I think they have to look at almost every alliance and check to see if they were affected and adjust manually which I just don't think is feasible at all. Good luck Kabam
    It's definitely feasible. If they do it on a scale of Millions to see who is affected by issues like Mastery changes, bugs, etc., then 10-20k Alliances isn't out of the realm of possibility. As for how they address the issue, that's a separate story.
    Strongly disagree. If you think it is feasible to make an adjustment at the end of the season please make a suggestion of how this is possible. Otherwise your comment is useless, but I already expect that from you. What else can I expect someone that has retired from the game but can't retire from the forums LMAO
    Are they going to go back and adjust every War Rating that happened based on the results of the icksnayed one? Not likely. I suspect they'll come up with a solution and count what you played before and after. It's one War. It's not the ruin of the Season.
    You suspect they will, I suspect they won't. You are not accounting for tier changes. Some alliance will be in the wrong tier for 2-3 wars because of this. It is not something that they can fix with a simple adjustment because there are too many factors at play here. It is NOT one war only that is affected.
    One War was discounted. It's not a reason to end the Season.
    More than one war was affected. It's a reason to end the season.
    No. The one that was affected was the one they discounted. The first 4 Wars count. If you're raising or dropping as a result of the discredited War, that's something they're looking at right now. All you can do is play as usual and leave it to them. Foregoing the entire Season because of one War not counting is throwing the baby out with the bath water.
    Wrong again. They did not freeze the war rating like they should have done and now it has a cascading effect for every war for the remainder of the season. This means that all the matchups that every alliance for the rest of the season are not the same matchups as they would be without the bug. Foregoing the season or rolling back to before the last war at this point is the only fair solution.
    They're going to deal with it. I don't know how many ways I can say that. The Season is not being stopped, so people can either play and trust that, or not. That's all I can say.
    Awesome! Thanks again for regurgitating what the mods have said because I missed it the first several times. If you don't actually have a solution even in theory of how you would fix this then you have nothing to add to this conversation except to pretend to be a mod like you love to do.
    Pretending to be a Mod? No. Not at all. They didn't mention anything about freezing the Rating. They said it would be accounted for. They also mentioned that it would be ironed out by the time Season Rewards go out somewhere on the Forum here, so that's the information I'm operating out of. There's a difference between pretending to be a Mod, and not ignoring what was said because I think I have a better idea.

"we will fix it manually."
    And they didn't, which is the point of this thread.

Glad we finally figured that out.
    You don't think that would take time?
    They didn’t do it in time of this war. It is too late now to fix things. All the current wars are incorrectly matched up because the war rating did not get fixed. How can they fix this?
    That would be the definition of panic.
    There is no panic. It's simply a fact that one war can affect all the subsequent wars in a season. The season is compromised and there is no way to fix it.
    It's illogical to forego the entire Season for an issue that affected one War. Had it not been resolved, sure. Things are functioning back to normal (presumably). It's one War. The effects can be dealt with.

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Lol just cancel the season already. Any fix implemented now will not work because it is too far gone now. Interested to see how this will all turn out. What a gong show

Exactly!

I don't get how they can be so hesitant with this when we legitimately just had a similar problem a few months back, which ended in the season being cancelled
    No fix and no point adjustment can account for all the problems occuring from this. At least I don't understand how that would work.
    Yup I just don't see how they can possibly get this right with any type of fix now. There is no fix at the end of the season that will work cleanly. For this to have worked they needed to just roll back the last war before the placement phase started. But now In order to fix it 100% I think they have to look at almost every alliance and check to see if they were affected and adjust manually which I just don't think is feasible at all. Good luck Kabam
    It's definitely feasible. If they do it on a scale of Millions to see who is affected by issues like Mastery changes, bugs, etc., then 10-20k Alliances isn't out of the realm of possibility. As for how they address the issue, that's a separate story.
    Strongly disagree. If you think it is feasible to make an adjustment at the end of the season please make a suggestion of how this is possible. Otherwise your comment is useless, but I already expect that from you. What else can I expect someone that has retired from the game but can't retire from the forums LMAO
    Are they going to go back and adjust every War Rating that happened based on the results of the icksnayed one? Not likely. I suspect they'll come up with a solution and count what you played before and after. It's one War. It's not the ruin of the Season.
    You suspect they will, I suspect they won't. You are not accounting for tier changes. Some alliance will be in the wrong tier for 2-3 wars because of this. It is not something that they can fix with a simple adjustment because there are too many factors at play here. It is NOT one war only that is affected.
    No. The one that was affected was the one they discounted. The first 4 Wars count. If you're raising or dropping as a result of the discredited War, that's something they're looking at right now. All you can do is play as usual and leave it to them. Foregoing the entire Season because of one War not counting is throwing the baby out with the bath water.
    Wrong again. They did not freeze the war rating like they should have done and now it has a cascading effect for every war for the remainder of the season. This means that all the matchups that every alliance for the rest of the season are not the same matchups as they would be without the bug. Foregoing the season or rolling back to before the last war at this point is the only fair solution.
    They're going to deal with it. I don't know how many ways I can say that. The Season is not being stopped, so people can either play and trust that, or not. That's all I can say.
    Awesome! Thanks again for regurgitating what the mods have said because I missed it the first several times. If you don't actually have a solution even in theory of how you would fix this then you have nothing to add to this conversation except to pretend to be a mod like you love to do.
    Pretending to be a Mod? No. Not at all. They didn't mention anything about freezing the Rating. They said it would be accounted for. They also mentioned that it would be ironed out by the time Season Rewards go out somewhere on the Forum here, so that's the information I'm operating out of. There's a difference between pretending to be a Mod, and not ignoring what was said because I think I have a better idea.

They didn’t do it in time of this war. It is too late now to fix things. All the current wars are incorrectly matched up because the war rating did not get fixed. How can they fix this?
    There is no panic. It's simply a fact that one war can affect all the subsequent wars in a season. The season is compromised and there is no way to fix it.
    It's illogical to forego the entire Season for an issue that affected one War. Had it not been resolved, sure. Things are functioning back to normal (presumably). It's one War. The effects can be dealt with.
    Can you please just stop that? We already tried in multiple ways to explain why that statement is simply factually wrong.

The match ups for the war that is running at this moment, as in now, as in look at the clock that's where we're at, are compromised from war 5 affecting the war rating.

If they couldn't have readjusted the ratings before the start of war 6, they should have cancelled war 6. That would have given them extra time to fix this without compromising the rest of the season.

Please either try to understand it or stop commenting the same nonsense over and over again.

The season is inevitably compromised now. That's legitimately where we're at right now.
    The results (or lack thereof) of one War can be taken into account. Meaning, even if they didn't adjust it in time, it can be resolved, right up until the Rewards are handed out. Saying there are compounded issues based on the Wins and Losses is just compounding the issue itself. There was an issue. It's not going to be ideal. 4 Wars is NOT enough to count for a Season, and people were affected differently by the bug. Honestly, it's like I said. Play and let them deal with it. You can't account for should haves, could haves, would haves. Just play like normal and let them figure it out.

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Exactly!

Can you please just stop that? We already tried in multiple ways to explain why that statement is simply factually wrong.

The match ups for the war that is running at this moment, as in now, as in look at the clock that's where we're at, are compromised from war 5 affecting the war rating.

If they couldn't have readjusted the ratings before the start of war 6, they should have cancelled war 6. That would have given them extra time to fix this without compromising the rest of the season.

Please either try to understand it or stop commenting the same nonsense over and over again.

The season is inevitably compromised now. That's legitimately where we're at right now.
    The results (or lack thereof) of one War can be taken into account. Meaning, even if they didn't adjust it in time, it can be resolved, right up until the Rewards are handed out. Saying there are compounded issues based on the Wins and Losses is just compounding the issue itself. There was an issue. It's not going to be ideal. 4 Wars is NOT enough to count for a Season, and people were affected differently by the bug. Honestly, it's like I said. Play and let them deal with it. You can't account for should haves, could haves, would haves. Just play like normal and let them figure it out.
    How can it be resolved? People got matched for this war according to their rating resulting from war 5.

Knowing that war 5 will not affect ratings most alliances tanked that war. This will affect their match ups, the match ups of the alliances in which tiers they dropped, etc.

My alliance was in tier 5 during war 5. The war we currently run we run is in tier 6.

What exactly is it you don't understand here?
    I understand. You're just not confident in what they can adjust. Points, Tiers, Rating, Ranks, Rewards, all of that can be adjusted after the fact. You're assuming they can't do anything and are telling them to end the Season. Unless they come on at the last minute and say it's ending, that's not happening, so you might as well play the best you can where you're at, and wait for the resolution.
    It's not going to be a perfect Season either way. There was a problem. It wasn't planned, but it is what it is.
    Flawed from War 5, you're still playing for what you are Matched in. The Final Rankings are based on Points earned. Those can be added later, and affect the Ranking overall. Even if they don't adjust it before the end, which I'm not entirely convinced of has been forgotten, they can still adjust the final outcome before Rewards are given. I really think you're on a Chicken Little tangent with this one. No offense meant by that, just that the sky is not falling.
    If they said it won't count, then it won't count. You can't judge that it's made to count regardless until the final results come out.

I'm tearing up haha... dude actually had to spell it for you to finally understand what literally everyone else is talking about here 😂 😂

I understand what chain reactions are being talked about. Have all along. What I don't agree with is that it ruins the Season to the point of having to scrap it all.
    I'm not trolling. You can keep insinuating I don't understand what you're saying, but I get it. I've understood all along. You're just convinced that they shouldn't be happening, when one of 3 things is happening. You can't stop the Matches that are occurring, correct. You also can't shut them down at this point because they've already decided that the Season is continuing. So, you have 3 (maybe 4) possibilities. Either they've already adjusted them and they're not yet visible, they're in the process of doing it, they're going to remove the results of the 5th War from the final standings and Rank based on what is left somehow, or finally that they're doing nothing. A possibility I don't see happening. You can say that those Matches shouldn't be taking place, but the final tally is based on total overall progress. Which means if you remove the bum War, you get the actual Rankings. I'm really exhausted with trying to explain it, so I'm going to move on. It is not beyond adjusting. That's about all I have to say.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Adjusting at the end can not be the solution. That would mean no one knows where they stand till the end
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Lohan33 said:

Kabam literally said war rating would be effected sorry this isnt on them that you skipped

Miike literally commented later saying they will NOT be affected
This discussion has been closed.