**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance Quest Season 7: Latverian Infiltration - Coming March 22nd!

Comments

• Options
    TreoTreo Posts: 386 ★★
    This is proven to be in our alliance a way more expense aq cycle ... so if that was the plan for kabam it worked ... would love to see their numbers on this just like on the champion reworks like that was our plan this is how it worked out ...
  • Options
    Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    AQ really is no fun anymore. My alliance only runs it for the glory. If it wasn't for that, AQ would be useless. But is not enjoyable. There is nothing exciting to look forward to. These nodes suck and these doombots suck even more. It is completely boring and feels more like a chore than a game.

Making something more enjoyable doesn't mean making it extra hard. Nobody wants that. Save that for the story quests. The AI for these fights are ridiculously overcharged and makes these fights unnecessarily frustrating.
  • Options
    Chrisco66Chrisco66 Posts: 66
    Yes we are a map 6 team & our resources are getting drained a lot more. Not as enjoyable.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Admittedly I have zero experience with map 6 since map 7 was released, but I know we've had multiple changes to map 7 so far and I highly doubt anything on map 6 comes anywhere near original cant stop wont stop, vivified, mesmerize OGV, etc...

We've managed to adjust to each change so far so I don't see why anyone who actually should be playing map 7 cant do the same. From what I've read in the multiple complaint threads just seems like a lot of you are gonna have to adjust your teams and maybe make a few rankups.

I'm one of the few people in my alliance that doesnt run corvus or suicides at all for AQ and still finish at least 2-3 days a series on 15/15 items. Sometimes you just have to change things up and adjust
  • Options
    Gmonkey said:

@Worknprogress not everyone has 20+ r5/r2. My lane is easier but I have 25 r5/r2/r3 champs so lots of options and counters to everything.

Hence why I said maybe some of these people complaining didn't belong on the map the begin with. I know people don't like hearing that but sometimes it's just the truth
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

Gmonkey said:

@Worknprogress not everyone has 20+ r5/r2. My lane is easier but I have 25 r5/r2/r3 champs so lots of options and counters to everything.

Hence why I said maybe some of these people complaining didn't belong on the map the begin with. I know people don't like hearing that but sometimes it's just the truth
    Map 6 doesn't need 20 R5 to do though. If you were talking about Map 7, then I'd still agree, but Map 6 has never needed it.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★

Gmonkey said:

Map 6 doesn't need 20 R5 to do though. If you were talking about Map 7, then I'd still agree, but Map 6 has never needed it.
    In the past. Which is why Map 6 was so incredibly easy for such a long time.
  • Options
    Anyway, Science Doombots are awesome with Willpower. 😀
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

You need specific counters now which are non standard rank ups. Makes it harder for some with limited rosters or bad luck.
    I find it easier archangel does 90% of my lanes. Only Elsa do I need someone else and mini’s. Just never run tranquility buff if people run corvus.

AA shuld be Abel to deal with elsa to
  • Options
    Taiphoon_zeroTaiphoon_zero Posts: 110
    Stop complaining , look at glory store u can buy fully formed tier 4 basic , huge amounts of tier 2 alpha and tier 5 basic u can form one each 2 3 weeks, This are big upgrades, they come for a cost , play map 4 and get ready , I can’t believe people want everything for free or for easy runs
  • Options
    xNig said:

Gmonkey said:

Map6 is not supposed to be easy, but not stressful like it is now. More difficulty higher rewards? Run map7.
    I find it funny map7 folks are comparing map7 to 6. We dont want that difficulty level, thats why we do map6. Map5 doesnt give t2a at all.
    A good medium would be to remve some of the stressful fights, while keeping most of the changes intact.
  • Options

xNig said:

Gmonkey said:

Map6 is not supposed to be easy, but not stressful like it is now. More difficulty higher rewards? Run map7.
    I find it funny map7 folks are comparing map7 to 6. We dont want that difficulty level, thats why we do map6. Map5 doesnt give t2a at all.
    A good medium would be to remve some of the stressful fights, while keeping most of the changes intact.
    Stressful? That’s subjective. To me, Map 6, even in its current iteration is not the least bit stressful.

Like what Wnp said, it’s likely those who are complaining about Map 6 now, have no business in Map 6 in the first place and were spoiled by how easy the previous iteration was.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I've spoken to my alliance members in depth about this and they're made map 6 basically map 7. So I have to change my original opinion and have to agree based on the precedent of the previous map 6 which was basically 0 challenge to up it into map 7 territory it is tuned a bit too high and needs to come down a bit.

Map 7 guys like myself have been going through constant changes and having to do fights where you basically have to time out but our Corvus charges have no been purposefully removed. SO an adjustment needs to happen to be fair to both sides. With all that being said you all will adjust in time but everyone needs to get used to actually using items which map 7 guys know all too well.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Admittedly I have zero experience with map 6 since map 7 was released, but I know we've had multiple changes to map 7 so far and I highly doubt anything on map 6 comes anywhere near original cant stop wont stop, vivified, mesmerize OGV, etc...

We've managed to adjust to each change so far so I don't see why anyone who actually should be playing map 7 cant do the same. From what I've read in the multiple complaint threads just seems like a lot of you are gonna have to adjust your teams and maybe make a few rankups.

I'm one of the few people in my alliance that doesnt run corvus or suicides at all for AQ and still finish at least 2-3 days a series on 15/15 items. Sometimes you just have to change things up and adjust

That's just it. People always adjust because it's something they run every week. It's going to be a challenge at first because it's new and different. That's the whole point of switching it up.
  • Options
    arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

And there were lots of complaints at the time from Map 7 players, including by members of your current alliance. “Complete BS,” “cash grab,” “not fun any more,” and such were comments by Map 7 players. Did you tell everyone then that they had no business of running map 7 in the first place?

Anyway, I’m not in Map 6 alliance and these changes don’t concern me. But I can see why so many people find such drastic changes stressful. I think letting players get a peek at what was coming would have been a nice and helpful gesture.
  • Options
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Gmonkey said:

Stressful? That’s subjective. To me, Map 6, even in its current iteration is not the least bit stressful.

Like what Wnp said, it’s likely those who are complaining about Map 6 now, have no business in Map 6 in the first place and were spoiled by how easy the previous iteration was.
    I'd beg to differ.
    I have done and explored act6.1-6.2, working on 6.3, done abyss, act6 one time, explored LoL (with no aegon) in older times, did v1 with 1 r5, so i think i know how this content goes.
    I dont think it is too bad, as ive said before, it is refreshing. But, there are some encounters that are overtuned, which have no reason to be there. Some fights stick out like a sore thumb. Nick fury in t2, ive been taking with my r5 blade, which isnt a fun fight when he has 130k health. Usually lanes are based on one type of counter, maybe two. When some lanes need multiple different counters or the need to take unavoidable damage (block or otherwise), the outcome is not fun.
    Once again, i think it has some good changes, but there are a few lanes/fights, that stick out like a sore thumb, which should be changed.
    While i make it through the map, majority of players are struggling. Overtuning content to remove players playing current content for months to move them down is not a solution.
  • Options
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Gmonkey said:

Completely disagree. I find it funny that you can just spout out that anyone complaining about a Map difficulty suddenly changing has no business in it. The Map is for a broad range of players. I haven't used Corvus in Map 6, and used to hit most of my fights Noded, so I definitely know how to run Map 6. Whatever you feel, the difficulty has suddenly increased, and it would have been better to have a notice about it. Deciding that someone complaining about a sudden difficulty change shouldn't run the Map makes you sound like an entitled ****. Fights that are easy for you need not be the same for others. Plain and simple.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

xNig said:

xNig said:

Gmonkey said:

Completely disagree. I find it funny that you can just spout out that anyone complaining about a Map difficulty suddenly changing has no business in it. The Map is for a broad range of players. I haven't used Corvus in Map 6, and used to hit most of my fights Noded, so I definitely know how to run Map 6. Whatever you feel, the difficulty has suddenly increased, and it would have been better to have a notice about it. Deciding that someone complaining about a sudden difficulty change shouldn't run the Map makes you sound like an entitled ****. Fights that are easy for you need not be the same for others. Plain and simple.
    If you're not playing all map 7x5 you can't really down other map 6 players. I think you missed the part where he said its subjective and that for him its not stressful. He said that explicitly in the first paragraph.
  • Options

xNig said:

xNig said:

Gmonkey said:

If you're not playing all map 7x5 you can't really down other map 6 players. I think you missed the part where he said its subjective and that for him its not stressful. He said that explicitly in the first paragraph.
    He also said this "Like what Wnp said, it’s likely those who are complaining about Map 6 now, have no business in Map 6 in the first place and were spoiled by how easy the previous iteration was.".
    It's fine if it isn't stressful for him. He's a better player than I am. But he can't just say that we don't have any business in Map 6.
  • Options
    arsjum said:

And there were lots of complaints at the time from Map 7 players, including by members of your current alliance. “Complete BS,” “cash grab,” “not fun any more,” and such were comments by Map 7 players. Did you tell everyone then that they had no business of running map 7 in the first place?

Anyway, I’m not in Map 6 alliance and these changes don’t concern me. But I can see why so many people find such drastic changes stressful. I think letting players get a peek at what was coming would have been a nice and helpful gesture.
    No, I said to suck it up and push through it which is exactly what we did.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    I’m do Agerd a map need to be putting one for furture because many champions to this day from years 2018 to 2020 is really. Complicated and need counter. But from the perspective map6 isn’t bad just hadn’t ben well plane or even giv us time just adjusting
  • Options
    BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    The challenge should not be found in retooled maps that are objectively more difficult to complete and require more items to be used. The challenge should be found in higher level maps with higher level rewards. Adding in Map 7 was a great benefit! Adding in a Map 8 would be much better than making lower level maps objectively more difficult to complete. Also, it's nice that the Glory Store got an update, but there aren't "huge amounts" of anything in there, especially with the limitations on it.
  • Options
    SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
    Map 6 and map 7 crystals are incredibly useless for endgame players. So is glory. Because of that I choose to play in retirement alliance and focus on story quest.

Kabam should rework alliance rewards. For now it's stressful but useless.
  • Options

Map 6 and map 7 crystals are incredibly useless for endgame players. So is glory. Because of that I choose to play in retirement alliance and focus on story quest.

Weird I find them pretty useful, especially the glory to buy items from the glory store. Focus on story quests? If 100%ed everything? Lol
  • Options
    SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
    xNig said:

Weird I find them pretty useful, especially the glory to buy items from the glory store. Focus on story quests? If 100%ed everything? Lol
    If you 100% everything already then you have to wait until next permanent endgame content. Until then you can't progress with alliance rewards.

Right now alliance rewards only let you rank 2 6*. You can't rank 3 them (theoretically you can but it would require years). Look at Abyss and act 6 exploration rewards. That's the only way you can rank 3 6* for now.