**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are you serious Kabam.???

2Β»

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Let me explain.... Although many get frustrated where RNG is concerned there's actually a reason why stuff like what happened to the OP happens (namely getting tons of 1 class of catalyst and not another). In terms of code, Random Number Generators or RNG is not technically fully random. What I mean by this is that they (Random Number Generators) are pseudo random. By definition pseudo random means that the generator comes up with a number which is more than likely to be the previous number that was generated. So after it generates a number for the first time, odds are that the next one will more than likely be the same, although there is still a chance that it is something different, hence why you get a bunch a different type of catalyst after the first type, and then get a bunch of that type and so on...

I'm not sure if this is a case of being totally wrong, or being in over your head when reading very mathy things.

Pseudo-random number generators are called pseudo-random because they aren't actually random (they are generated by formula) but they appear to be random if you don't know the generating algorithm. Any pseudo-random number generator that had the property you mention, that they have a greater chance to generate the same number twice than random chance would dictate, would be drop-dead awful and no one would use it.

If you care about randomness a lot, like for simulations and such, you'll probably use something like Mersenne Twister. This is a PRNG that is often used for things like computational simulations where any correlation like you describe would break the program. MT is very, very good. It isn't perfect, but no human being is going to find an anomaly with human eyeballs if they lived to be a trillion years old.

If you don't care all that much, you'll just use the rand() function in your C library. Which is horrible in mathematical terms, but not that horrible in video game terms. Pretty much all of them are what's known as LCGs. They all look basically like this: R(n+1) = R * A + B mod 2^C. For example the gcc library uses (last I checked) R(n+1) = (R * 1103515245 + 12345) mod 2^31.

I'm wondering if you somehow stumbled on a very technical article on LCGs and simply didn't understand it. LCGs are vulnerable to what's sometimes referred to as serial correlation, which means they can fail spectral test of tuples (breaking the sequence down to groups of two or more and comparing the probability of different groups of numbers showing up). However, no LCG I'm aware of actually produces numbers where the odds of generating the previous number are significantly higher than any other result. That's not what "serial correlation" refers to here.

No one player is going to see the flaws in LCGs used in computer library implementations unless they dug up a computer from the 1960s, and probably not even then. For example, if you want to catch the typical C library PRNG being "not really random" an experiment you could do would be to open three like crystals all at once, record what came out, do that one billion times, and graph the results. You'd see some triple combinations showing up somewhat more often than others, maybe by 1% or so.

Anything less than that, and if you think you're seeing a PRNG problem, you aren't. No PRNG that ships with any modern anything is bad enough to tell in a setting like a video game.

Mike192 said:

DNA3000 said:

jdeck59 said:

It's not RNG lol. If it truly was, we wouldn't all have multiple dupes of meme champs and no god tiers

Who's "we?" I mean you just posted in a thread started by an F2P player who is not yet Uncollected and is trying to rank up his Omega Red.

Are you saying the game was rigged to not give him mutant T4CC because it hates him, or are you saying the game was rigged to give him a 5* Omega Red because it likes him? Because you don't get to pick only one of those.
    The game pretty much knows what you want from T4CC and doesnt give you lol and I have been in a bunch of streams to see that for other players and for myself too.
    That said, its all RNG and thats what Kabam is moving this game towards
    Confirmation bias. Back in the day I used to analyze the drop results from live streams (because non-live streams can be skewed by selection bias, whereas live streams can't be). Even when people claimed they could see bias in the crystals with their own eyes, mathematical analysis of the drops demonstrated they fell within the expectations for random distributions.

Everyone who says "I saw it" never seen able to point to actual evidence of them seeing this, which is pretty bad given that we're talking about Youtube recordings anyone can reference.

I don't bother anymore because the amount of work is huge, and it never seems to convince anyone to drop their intuitive, but provably incorrect, assumptions.

True story: on these very forums someone claimed that the drops people were reporting for the Cinematic crystal proved those crystals were highly skewed. They claimed it was blatantly obvious. So I simply took the posts and spreadsheeted them, and what do you know, that skew wasn't there. They then claimed that the skew was a completely different skew than they initially claimed, so I redid the data that way, and once again the skew vanished. To the best of my knowledge, they never once reversed their position. In fact, a week later they doubled down on it, I posted a link to that previous data, and they disappeared again. They probably still believe that crystal was rigged, even though their own source for data proved it wasn't.

Because this isn't about data. This is about people creating a narrative in their own head, and then remembering every time the world confirmed it and forgetting or ignoring every time it didn't..
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,162 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Option 1 is wait for the materials
    Option 2 is trade in the ones in overflow and hope you get a mutant (or even trade everything)

The option will depend on your patience and how much you want him rank4
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Nothing is random. My 3 last 5* were daredevil neflix, crossbones and duped Hawkeye. All skill champions that I will never use. I don't believe in this RNG of a thing the crystals are rigged in case you don't know
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    @TheSaith I can only say you're not alone and I stopped T4CC crystal opening for a month as it keeps giving me Skill T4cc, which I don't have any Skill champ to rank up at the moment. Even I open T4CC fragments but most are Skill shards. I traded expired Skill T4CC for others few times already and I don't want to waste 3 T4CC again.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,014 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

DNA3000 said:

jdeck59 said:

It's not RNG lol. If it truly was, we wouldn't all have multiple dupes of meme champs and no god tiers

Who's "we?" I mean you just posted in a thread started by an F2P player who is not yet Uncollected and is trying to rank up his Omega Red.

Are you saying the game was rigged to not give him mutant T4CC because it hates him, or are you saying the game was rigged to give him a 5* Omega Red because it likes him? Because you don't get to pick only one of those.
    The game pretty much knows what you want from T4CC and doesnt give you lol and I have been in a bunch of streams to see that for other players and for myself too.
    So how does it know? When you go to the crystal screen., how does it determine at that point, what t4cc you need vs what you don't want?

What if you get 4 of the class you need out of 10 crystals. What does that say about what the game is thinking?
    No idea, Im just telling you based on evidence from streams and personal experience (and this post?). If I knew, I would try to game it. I do think it could be based on what class champ you ranked up most recently but again, thats all speculation and I could be wrong.

What I know for sure is that a majority of the time, you don't get what you want. I opened 40 T4CC in hopes for 5 mutant and 0 mystic but I got 8 mystic and only 2 mutant. BUT the first time in my past 3 years of MCOC, I opened 1 t4cc hoping for cosmic and got it. So again, speculation and its not always there but it happens and there is no denying it because its out there.
    So based off of a extremely, extremely small sample of player data, you've come to the conclusion that the game is telepathic. On a quick side note, I know a Nigerian Prince who can give you $10mil you just need to give me $50k to make it happen.

So instead of the game having some sort of superhuman powers, could it be that because you are looking to get 1 class from 6 and that would be why you think the game doesn't give you want.

Lets really think about this for a minute.... What benefit is there for you not to get what you want? Why would Kabam design a game read your mind and prevent you from ranking champs up by keeping T4CC from you? You rarely can buy them with units or money so throw monetary motive out the window.

The more content you try and complete, the more chance you have to spend to buy pots and energy refills. So you'd think if anything, they'd rather give you everything you need.

Maybe the only solution left is that its just random results and your brain cant process that you didn't get what you wanted so you have to blame it on something. 🀷

Let me know if you want to give me that $50k. My friend is legit serious.

Nothing is random. My 3 last 5* were daredevil neflix, crossbones and duped Hawkeye. All skill champions that I will never use. I don't believe in this RNG of a thing the crystals are rigged in case you don't know

How exactly is it not random? Because you got all the same class? You may want to do a little research or what random means.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 β˜…β˜…

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

DNA3000 said:

jdeck59 said:

So how does it know? When you go to the crystal screen., how does it determine at that point, what t4cc you need vs what you don't want?

What if you get 4 of the class you need out of 10 crystals. What does that say about what the game is thinking?
    No idea, Im just telling you based on evidence from streams and personal experience (and this post?). If I knew, I would try to game it. I do think it could be based on what class champ you ranked up most recently but again, thats all speculation and I could be wrong.

What I know for sure is that a majority of the time, you don't get what you want. I opened 40 T4CC in hopes for 5 mutant and 0 mystic but I got 8 mystic and only 2 mutant. BUT the first time in my past 3 years of MCOC, I opened 1 t4cc hoping for cosmic and got it. So again, speculation and its not always there but it happens and there is no denying it because its out there.
    So based off of a extremely, extremely small sample of player data, you've come to the conclusion that the game is telepathic. On a quick side note, I know a Nigerian Prince who can give you $10mil you just need to give me $50k to make it happen.

So instead of the game having some sort of superhuman powers, could it be that because you are looking to get 1 class from 6 and that would be why you think the game doesn't give you want.

Lets really think about this for a minute.... What benefit is there for you not to get what you want? Why would Kabam design a game read your mind and prevent you from ranking champs up by keeping T4CC from you? You rarely can buy them with units or money so throw monetary motive out the window.

The more content you try and complete, the more chance you have to spend to buy pots and energy refills. So you'd think if anything, they'd rather give you everything you need.

Maybe the only solution left is that its just random results and your brain cant process that you didn't get what you wanted so you have to blame it on something. 🀷

The sass to hurt is oozing from the recent posts XD

It probably is just bad rng, but enough s*** pulls from endgame content and other players to notice a pattern that could create the idea the game is working against the majority.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    First time ?
    This kind of things always happen in every Rng games.(maybe) Always not get things that you want
    Plantesan said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

DNA3000 said:

jdeck59 said:

It probably is just bad rng, but enough s*** pulls from endgame content and other players to notice a pattern that could create the idea the game is working against the majority.
    The so called "pattern" is actually confirmation bias. You're only looking for the events that support your theories.
  • TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 628 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It's not About Drop rates... We want something new... Like Mystic or any other Class Hero crystal (of course costs extra shards maybe 2500 or 3k 4 star shards for class champ) same as 5 and six star..
    Plus same thing in Catalyst Don't mind Extra cost.
    It's really hard to Collect Shards 5 and 6 stars specially and opening a meme tier champ makes disheartened to play further. We want to enjoy game not getting offended with it.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DNA3000 said:

Mike192 said:

DNA3000 said:

jdeck59 said:

Confirmation bias. Back in the day I used to analyze the drop results from live streams (because non-live streams can be skewed by selection bias, whereas live streams can't be). Even when people claimed they could see bias in the crystals with their own eyes, mathematical analysis of the drops demonstrated they fell within the expectations for random distributions.

Everyone who says "I saw it" never seen able to point to actual evidence of them seeing this, which is pretty bad given that we're talking about Youtube recordings anyone can reference.

I don't bother anymore because the amount of work is huge, and it never seems to convince anyone to drop their intuitive, but provably incorrect, assumptions.

True story: on these very forums someone claimed that the drops people were reporting for the Cinematic crystal proved those crystals were highly skewed. They claimed it was blatantly obvious. So I simply took the posts and spreadsheeted them, and what do you know, that skew wasn't there. They then claimed that the skew was a completely different skew than they initially claimed, so I redid the data that way, and once again the skew vanished. To the best of my knowledge, they never once reversed their position. In fact, a week later they doubled down on it, I posted a link to that previous data, and they disappeared again. They probably still believe that crystal was rigged, even though their own source for data proved it wasn't.

Because this isn't about data. This is about people creating a narrative in their own head, and then remembering every time the world confirmed it and forgetting or ignoring every time it didn't..
    I know the math proves me wrong, but I am certain that there is a one out of 3 4 star drop rate on the cinematic crystals
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    There is one thing I want to say.
    It would be WAY TOO EXPENSIVE for kabam to rig crystals. They would have to set up servers dedicated to scanning peoples rosters and also to determine who they want to rank up.
    It would not be worth the investment at all.
  • TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 628 β˜…β˜…β˜…

There is one thing I want to say.
    It would be WAY TOO EXPENSIVE for kabam to rig crystals. They would have to set up servers dedicated to scanning peoples rosters and also to determine who they want to rank up.
    It would not be worth the investment at all.

I'm not saying that.. Game is πŸ’― fair, just a bad mechanism and Bad rewards for f2p players. We want something new and real useful thing
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 β˜…β˜…
    edited March 2020

Plantesan said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

DNA3000 said:

jdeck59 said:

The so called "pattern" is actually confirmation bias. You're only looking for the events that support your theories.
    There is no arguing with you...

I understand that it’s rng. I understand that player’ resource demand also change. If a player has consistently committed to the same class rank up (say ranking up a 5* Cg) over an extended period of time, and more often than not they get every other class t4cc except the desired...I’m not goin to blame the guy if he thinks something is up.

How exactly is it not random? Because you got all the same class? You may want to do a little research or what random means.
    What's the point of doing research when we have people like you that know it all. Am guessing you must be very smart.
    Let's all stop behaving as if we don't know what's going on in the game. If the company operates in a random manner you will not see people complaining of streak of bad pulls. I just stated my opinion on the game am not complaining about my crystal pulls even though I have almost all the bad champs in skill class as a 5*. Look at the current featured 5* crystal and define Random.
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

DNA3000 said:

jdeck59 said:

Mathematically, on average you have 16% chance. The person's image shows he should ideally get 1.6 t4cc of each class, which clearly didnt happen. Out of my example, I should have had 6.4 mutant t4cc but got 2. So where does your Nigerian Prince thing fit in here?

There is no need to be condescending, unless your point cant be proven rationally. I know its RNG, but it happens frequently. Also, FYI, you can get t4cc from deals now so there is that thing (just to answer your middle para). Again, Im not here saying 'KaBaM BaD' I am here saying this isnt rare, its rather common-uncommon to not get what you want. But I dont blame kabam for it, especially when I got three 6* aegon in 31 6* crystals.

So there is the math for you sir, if you can comprehend.
    Drop rates are per crystal. Not an overall batch. Drop percentages stay the same no matter how many crystals you open. Every cat crystal has a 1/6 chance and that doesn't change if you pop 10 at a time.
    Lohan33 said:

You cant create a true random with a dictated field of results

Psuedo random is the correct term but only because kabam limits the field to 6

True random in a field of 6 a 7 is a possible result and you get nothing or something that cant be used ever.

That's likely the only designated field in the system tho and easy code to write to select a random of the 6 possible choices

wut
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    This discussion is no longer constructive and will be closed. We've clarified many times that drop rates are not affected by what is in your inventory or what Champions you have.
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 536 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Plantesan said:

Plantesan said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

DNA3000 said:

jdeck59 said:

There is no arguing with you...

I understand that it’s rng. I understand that player’ resource demand also change. If a player has consistently committed to the same class rank up (say ranking up a 5* Cg) over an extended period of time, and more often than not they get every other class t4cc except the desired...I’m not goin to blame the guy if he thinks something is up.
    Hard to argue when he's right.
This discussion has been closed.