**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Claire Voyant not getting fury buff from Warlock and Ultron synergy

I just tried using my Claire Voyant together with Warlock and Ultron. The Warlock and Ultron synergy grants all teammates a fury buff when they receive a debuff they are immune to. I have both the Liquid Courage and Double Edge masteries. When I start a fight with Warlock or Ultron I start with the expected fury buff as they are robots and immune to bleed and poison. However, when I start a fight with Claire Voyant, i do not get the expected fury buff. Claire Voyant always starts with the bleed curse which makes her immune to bleed so I am expecting to get the fury buff at the start of the fight. Also, when I change to the poison curse I should get the fury buff again as Claire Voyant becomes immune to poison.

Kabam, is there a reason for this or is this a bug?

Comments

• PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    It’s robots only.
  • Da2Vero33ManDa2Vero33Man Posts: 156
    No. It is not only for robots. When I use my Green Hulk or Colossus with Warlock and Ultron they both start the fight with a fury buff as they are immune to poison and bleed respectively.
    I have attached a video link of it using Hulk, Colossus and Claire Voyant.
    https://youtu.be/pU5LSvJgN88
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    I read the synergy. Claire Voyant is bugged.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,619 Guardian
    edited April 2020
    Hypothesizing...
    Could it be that the champ has to be “Naturally Immune” ? And not just has an immunity at times due to buffs or periodic abilities ?
    Similar to Corvus, which is not naturally bleed immune, but just doesn’t take any damage from bleed.

Or that her immunity from bleed during curse does not actually start until the beginning of the fight, after which the Suicides have already been applied before her Curse starts. Unlike Robots, Hulk, etc, whose natural immunity is inherently from the very beginning, so the fury's would be activated for them.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,370 ★★★★★
    I believe it might only work on nodes and not by masteries ie caltrops caustic temper sorta nodes where ur most likely gonna get a fury
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,011 ★★★★★

Hypothesizing...
    Could it be that the champ has to be “Naturally Immune” ? And not just has an immunity at times due to buffs or periodic abilities ?
    Similar to Corvus, which is not naturally bleed immune, but just doesn’t take any damage from bleed.

Or that her immunity from bleed during curse does not actually start until the beginning of the fight, after which the Suicides have already been applied before her Curse starts. Unlike Robots, Hulk, etc, whose natural immunity is inherently from the very beginning, so the fury's would be activated for them.

I'd say this sums it up perfectly. She doesn't have any natural immunities. I bet Corvus won't get a fury buff either on a path like biohazzard.

Hypothesizing...

I'd say this sums it up perfectly. She doesn't have any natural immunities. I bet Corvus won't get a fury buff either on a path like biohazzard.
    Corvus isn't immune, he just doesn't take damage. Get a bleed on Claire when she's in her blood stance and she is immune. She doesn't take the debuff no matter what until you switch to one of her other stances.
    Shes not immune either. Her blood phase makes her immune same as glaive charges. Shes not in blood phase, she bleeds. Corvus doesn't have glaive charges, he bleeds. Same thing.
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    It’s because she essentially purifies those specific debuffs when she enters the curse it specifically states it purifies prexisting effects
    Since she’s not naturally immune to bleed at her base
    You can prove this by having NF healing synergy where he purifies the debuff at the start of the fright
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★

Hypothesizing...

Corvus isn't immune, he just doesn't take damage. Get a bleed on Claire when she's in her blood stance and she is immune. She doesn't take the debuff no matter what until you switch to one of her other stances.
    Shes not immune either. Her blood phase makes her immune same as glaive charges. Shes not in blood phase, she bleeds. Corvus doesn't have glaive charges, he bleeds. Same thing.
    Slight difference. Corvus still gets the Debuff making him ineligible for this fury. Whole Claire can be immune to the Debuff entirely

Hypothesizing...

Slight difference. Corvus still gets the Debuff making him ineligible for this fury. Whole Claire can be immune to the Debuff entirely
    Neither are naturally immune though.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,762 ★★★★★
    Her immunity and Corvus immunity work differently.
    Claire can get immune to the effect mid battle, while Corvus isn't immune to the effect itself, but rather immune to the damage of the debuff.

I believe Claire isn't getting the fury because is not a natural immunity, but an immunity gained from an ability that you get mid fight
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    It's like the recent ghost "immunity" against caltrops carnage. Ghost is clearly not immune to any DOT, yet you get an armor break against carnage when you dash back on caltrops. The whole system is pretty inconsistent. Like ghulk's face me against selected passive degens. Pretty messed up
    See this link: https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-black-widow-claire-voyant/

Read the section about Strenghts -> Immunities.

The in-game description does not mention "purify" anywhere but the Champion Spotlight web page for Claire Voyant does. It is a bit confusing as the web page uses both types to describe her ability (immunity and purified). Kabam needs to either clarify the wording within her ability description in the game or fix this "bug".

The in-game description does not mention "purify" anywhere but the Champion Spotlight web page for Claire Voyant does. It is a bit confusing as the web page uses both types to describe her ability (immunity and purified). Kabam needs to either clarify the wording within her ability description in the game or fix this "bug".

It’s literally the second sentence in her abilities page
    Thanks. That seals it then. Not a bug. I missed that line in her abilities page. I need to go back to school and learn to read again. Wait, I can't. Schools are closed. Bad joke, I know ... but I tried.
  • I think the bit about Fury (synergy) is more so because the synergy is basically “Fury when receives a debuff they are immune to”.
    And since the initial Bleed/Poison are active right from the very beginning, she doesn’t actually receive the debuff “during” the fight, so won’t get the Fury.

Her own abilities are different in that she will Purify an “existing” debuff, which is how she purifies the Bleed/Poison. When the fight starts, her ability to purify the bleed happens because the bleed was first, then the purify.
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    edited April 2020

Hypothesizing...

It's not the same thing. Corvus' kit states he takes 0 damage from bleed, coldsnap and shock debuffs when he has charges. This implies he's not immune and can still receive the debuffs. Claires kit specifically says she has immunity to bleed, poison and incinerate in the appropriate curse mode. Meaning she can't receive the debuffs. Immunity and taking 0 damage from a debuff are not the same thing
    Both arguments are valid. However, in Claire Voyant's kit it uses the word "purify". This means she has immunity (to whichever curse she is on) the same way Red Hulk has immunity to incinerate. Red Hulk is immune in so far that he actually purifies the incinerate and gains a charge. Claire does not get a charge. She just "purifies" the debuf.

Both arguments are valid. However, in Claire Voyant's kit it uses the word "purify". This means she has immunity (to whichever curse she is on) the same way Red Hulk has immunity to incinerate. Red Hulk is immune in so far that he actually purifies the incinerate and gains a charge. Claire does not get a charge. She just "purifies" the debuf.

This is somewhat incorrect
    Purify is completely different to immunity
    Using this logic domino is 50% immune
    Red hulk has no immunity just the ability to convert debuffs to passive effects
    This can be reduced and blocked
    Rulk will also take damage against mephisto AOi
    She purifies prexisting effects but is immune to any that are applied during the phase
    Ebony_Naw said:

I'm not sure where in her kit you see it says "purify" but her stated abilities in the game and in her spotlight specifically use the term "immunity." These immunities are also intended to give her charges from suicides which does not happen if these effects are simply purified for any other reason than an immunity.

It’s literally written In the second sentence of her base abilities
  • SCZSCZ Posts: 185 ★★
    Bio and caltrops trigger the fury
    edited April 2020
    Ebony_Naw said:

Okaythen said:

Ebony_Naw said:

I'm not sure where in her kit you see it says "purify" but her stated abilities in the game and in her spotlight specifically use the term "immunity." These immunities are also intended to give her charges from suicides which does not happen if these effects are simply purified for any other reason than an immunity.

It’s literally written In the second sentence of her base abilities

"Or an immunity Purifies a preexisting effect." I'm not sure I read that as specifically as you, but say that's true, Double Edge should still grant a fury buff because it tries to place a debuff on her to which she is immune in her current curse.
    Incorrect the bleed triggers first then she triggers her curse of blood
    So she purified the bleed
    To further check this if you bring in NF heal synergy she will get the heal since she did purify the bleed debuff
    No other natural bleed immune champ can do this
    As you cAn see in the pic double edge triggered first
    Then she got the power gain from purifying the bleed (under her health bar where you see effects trigger)
    Newer effects that are triggered are added to the bottom of the screen
    To probe this: If you take venom in you will only be able to reroll the newest buff which is the one listed towards the bottom of the order
    She is not naturally immune so that’s why double edge does not trigger the fury she triggers her immunity durin the fight that’s why things like caltrops and biohazard trigger it
    SCZ said:

Bio and caltrops trigger the fury

If that is true then there is a bug with Claire Voyant. The developers at Kabam need to take a look and speak up in this conversation to let us know one way or the other.