**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Possible bug with uncollected dormummu boss

Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
I started out the fight with quake and hit parry and she just died.. I mean just completely dropped dead she is r4 5 star and had 3/4 health left there was no indication that any debuffs were activated.. This also happened with AA accept I dashed backwards twice with him

Comments

• Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,572 ★★★★★
    It’s not a bug. It’s the combination of transducer and languor. You need to have some power so dashing back at the start of the fight means you have 0 power and will die. Parry stun at the start of the fight and hit Dormmamu.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    MikeHock said:

It’s not a bug. It’s the combination of transducer and languor. You need to have some power so dashing back at the start of the fight means you have 0 power and will die. Parry stun at the start of the fight and hit Dormmamu.

I highly doubt it's supposed to damage you instantly at the start of the fight since we all start with 0 power at the start. Not sure whether going on here
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    The node only activates once you start gaining power. OP mentioned parrying at the start.
  • Options
    Update I ran through again this time I made sure to get a combo in on him with quake I dashed backwards after and held my heavy for the normal quake and bake tactic and once again as soon as I held heavy the degen started and she died.. It took about 2 seconds for her to die so this time I could clearly see the degen kick in.. After that I took in AA again. And satrted fighting the fight like he was a stun immune..since I forgot to switch him out he got a full bar of power and degen kicked in and he died without taking a single hit..i tried again with 6 star sabertooth once again figjting the same way and dexing sp 1 over and over and over and not getting hit he also died... Oddly enough both of these run throughs cull obsidian and Nick fury never got the degen fighting the exact same way and not getting hit.. So I was able to make it through but this feels like its for sure a bug unless dashing backwards causes dorm to place degen and I just didnt know.. Has anyone played this mission to confirm this?
  • Options
    xNig said:

The node only activates once you start gaining power. OP mentioned parrying at the start.

Then the node is broken...
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    When you block you gain power, transducer drains your power, then langour kicks in and kills you its doable with quake easily just heavy dex
  • Options

Just checked, its transducer, so you need to beat on them fast and hard because you have constant power drain basically, so even when you parry you gain power but immediately lose it.

Its is only supposes to degen if you have no power though.. I clearly have multiple bars of power and most of the time I havent been hit at all and yet still degen kicks in.. And even with a half bar of power(which obviously isnt 0 power) quake immediately dies when I charge her heavy
  • Options
    Also as stated before it shouldnt be activating degen at the start of the fight..Not trying to be mean but it seems some of you just plain aren't reading all of my post
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Urkel2 said:

Also as stated before it shouldnt be activating degen at the start of the fight..Not trying to be mean but it seems some of you just plain aren't reading all of my post

So
    A. It sounds like you're talking about 2 very different things in your posts.

The insta death is from the node combo of Transducer and Languor. When you hit 0 power you take 240% direct damage.

B. The degen you keep bringing up is probably from dormomu himself. Read his abilities.
    Whenever a buff expires off you there is a chance to place a passive degen effect on you.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    The node is fine, you parried then got drained to 0 before you hit them
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    The first contact starts the node.

If you can quake/dex/quake (apologies if I dont know the correct nerd term) then you'll be sweet.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Reading the nodes helps amigo
  • Options
    It's NOT dying instantly if you don’t do anything that will cause you to have any power.
    The Degen doesn’t happen just because you start the fight at 0 power.

But when you open up with a Parry, you now have a very tiny amount of Power because the Parry is a Block. If you don’t start hitting him right away after doing Parry, that tiny bit of Power gets drained very fast, and (now that you are back down to 0) is when you get hit with all that Damage.

So also beware if using Power-over-time attackers like Strange or Loki. Not sure if their power would be drained faster that their natural power gain rate is or not.
  • Options

It's NOT dying instantly if you don’t do anything that will cause you to have any power.

But when you open up with a Parry, you now have a very tiny amount of Power because the Parry is a Block. If you don’t start hitting him right away after doing Parry, that tiny bit of Power gets drained very fast, and (now that you are back down to 0) is when you get hit with all that Damage.

So also beware if using Power-over-time attackers like Strange or Loki. Not sure if their power would be drained faster that their natural power gain rate is or not.

That still doesn't explain example 2 where I made sure to have almost a full bar of power with quake before charging the heavy and still as soon as I charged it degen kicked in and I died it also doesnt explain how 4 star AA still got degen with 2 full bars of power without taking a single hit.. I already finished the whole chapter now.. But I'm telling you something is wrong there..
  • Options
    Patchie93 said:

Urkel2 said:

So

The insta death is from the node combo of Transducer and Languor. When you hit 0 power you take 240% direct damage.

B. The degen you keep bringing up is probably from dormomu himself. Read his abilities.
    Whenever a buff expires off you there is a chance to place a passive degen effect on you.
    I didnt know AA places any buffs on himself.. Cant think of any that unduped quake places on herself either.. Although it would explain why sabertooth got the degen.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Urkel2 said:

Patchie93 said:

Urkel2 said:

So

I didnt know AA places any buffs on himself.. Cant think of any that unduped quake places on herself either.. Although it would explain why sabertooth got the degen.
    dex
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★

DS/Loki/SymS all counter that node by constantly gaining more power than what is drained.
  • Options
    OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    Urkel2 said:

That still doesn't explain example 2 where I made sure to have almost a full bar of power with quake before charging the heavy and still as soon as I charged it degen kicked in and I died it also doesnt explain how 4 star AA still got degen with 2 full bars of power without taking a single hit.. I already finished the whole chapter now.. But I'm telling you something is wrong there..
    Well I guess you wouldn’t mind getting evidence of this then