**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 7

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    No. That's not a Gate. That's a Fight. One that requires a specific counter. Not sure I can say it much more. People calling it a Gate doesn't mean it's a Gate. You can technically use any Champ past the Gate. You'll only be successful with a specific counter.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    Just make act 7 skill based and not lock it to a specific champion and cash grab.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    At this stage I’ve got over the 5* requirements. It’s going to be there, may as well accept it. Also for those of us who’ve got through 6.4 I’m fairly sure that unless you’ve got a very deep wallet you’ve got a pretty diverse and highly ranked 5* roster. I’m missing a couple of key pieces as 5* - Wasp/NF - but I did make it work.

Providing there are no class/rarity gates within the quests I can deal with that and I don’t mind relatively specific node combinations but ones with 2-3 counters are a big fat no like Sinister when 6.2 came out.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Back on topic, sorry about that.
    I'm okay with the 5* and 6* requirement because 5 star shards come by very easily nowadays. At the time when act 6 was first released that was not the case at all but times have changed. 5* requirements mean little to nothing at this point.
    I would like to say for act 7 we really just need tone down the defenders attack or to cap it where it is now. Blade's regen has become useless because you die when you get hit directly regardless. Especially on the nodes where they deteriorate block proficiency. I think the mindset of the grandmaster where skill comes into play 90% of the time and just having a "god tier" champ makes it easier is the way to go.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,770 ★★★★★
    Patchie93 said:

RockyXCII said:

It's definitely the same team :tongue: But I think I would argue that we've learned a lot, because a lot has changed in Book 2.

It will be harder than Act 6 for sure though. That's definitely a natural progression. Anyways, we're not going to talk about Book 2 until the Beta test, so if you're selected to take part, make sure you give your feedback then.

Why do I feel that 7 star champions are on the horizon
    Considering we've only barely begun to r3 6*s in what world do you see 7*s close?
    The resources for r4 6* haven't even been seen in game yet. Let alone the resources too r5 one
    My statement was misinterpreted. I don't think they'll be releasing 7 stars as playable characters in 2020, let alone 2021. But is it too far fetched to assume they might introduce just one 7 star as the final boss of Act 1?
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,770 ★★★★★
    Let me also add, I really don't want to see 7 stars; at least, not in the next two years.
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Seatins wallet is ready for the abuse... Yet again
  • Options
    TimefishyTimefishy Posts: 60

Lvernon15 said:

The thing is, to get to this we have to have finished act 6, which means we must have a solid 5 star roster, so why block out 4 stars? We’ve already proven we have progressed past the point of reliance on them, so just let us bring them in for synergy purposes or maybe that 1 fight we don’t have the right 5* for like if there’s another acid wash mysterio type fight

we didn't plan on letting lower-level Champions past Act 6. I wouldn't hold your breath on being able to use 4-Stars again.
    Cool so players with enough skill cant use 4*s in this content simply because money. Awesome.

• Options
    edited April 2020

Though I can confirm, we are not lifting the 5 and 6-Star Requirements

The team previously acknowledged that it was an immense failure on their part to put Gates like this in content, and them repeating their failure by doing it again in future content speaks volumes to how tone deaf some of you guys really are to whats good and not good for the game

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★

Timefishy said:

The team previously acknowledged that it was an immense failure on their part to put Gates like this in content, and them repeating their failure by doing it again in future content speaks volumes to how tone deaf some of you guys really are to whats good and not good for the game

Did they? Pretty sure they always stood behind the decision of the restrictions of 4* and below champs.

I think what you mean are the gates in 6.2. (iirc).

That's something they don't want to do again as far as I recall.
    That’s I’m sure that’s ther meant to I’m didn’t mind the gate wher u only need 2 but when it com to 3 and 4 I’m really didn’t like
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Timefishy said:

Did they? Pretty sure they always stood behind the decision of the restrictions of 4* and below champs.

Check out Seatins video called "Kabam Admit They Were WRONG - NO MORE 5/6 Star Gates in Act 6.3 - Marvel Contest of Champions" since you think you can comment on this and disagree before doing the necessary research LMAO
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Check out Seatins video called "Kabam Admit They Were WRONG - NO MORE 5/6 Star Gates in Act 6.3 - Marvel Contest of Champions" since you think you can comment on this and disagree before doing the necessary research LMAO
    So if that video said no more 5/6 star ban in 6.3 why can still only use those in 6.3 and 6.4 ?!? LMAO
  • Options

A l p h a said:

Just make sure since this is a new chapter....

Remove the 5 or 6 star requirement!! Let us use our whole Roster again! Please?!

Why would you be using 4*s in a mode harder than Act 6?
    Because some really skilled players can do that. You might not be that skilled yourself (no offense), but I know for a fact that I myself could make use of 4*’s in Act 6 & beyond.
    No one said some people couldn't do it. People have been doing things like that since 2*s in ROL. It's not a Skill Gate. It's a Progress Gate.
  • Options
    It's already been explained in this Thread. There's a reason.
  • Options

There's a reason.

And unlike you I read comments to their full extent in these threads before replying.

A reason and a good reason are two different things.
  • Options
    Timefishy said:

There's a reason.

And unlike you I read comments to their full extent in these threads before replying.

It's a completely valid reason. Rewards are structured based on progress because allowing access too early is a detriment to Players and the system as a whole.
  • Options

Timefishy said:

There's a reason.

because allowing access too early is a detriment to Players and the system as a whole.
    Nope. Most players aren't skilled enough to use 4*s or weaker champions in general against content like that anyway, so why is a gate necessary? If you can do it, why be stopped? Why be punished for not putting enough time into building your roster if you can beat it with a weak one? Skill should be rewarded, not capped. Its not a huge "detriment" either because the rewards arent that groundbreaking because most of them are RNG.

And "progress". Getting through Acts 1 - 5 with 4* Champions is progress. Getting Uncollected with 4* Champs is progress. But getting to Cavalier with progress is too far to use 4* Champs? Same with Act 7? It's not LoL or AoL (people still beat LoL with 4* btw, I just made my first run with a 4* Ægon the other day) so a gate isnt necessary. Most people cant do it anyways, so why the gate? Ill tell you the reason: Synergies. Oh and money.
  • Options
    I'm going to break this down one more time and then I'm done with this. It's PROGRESS. Not SKILL. There are more than one measure of progress, and the size and content of your Roster has always been a measure of that. Rarity acquired, number acquired, Rank of Champs, all of that denotes time and effort invested into the Accounts. Do some people pay to advance? Yes. That's been the case as long as the game has existed. It's still a measure of progress.
    When you have people bypassing months and even years of work because some OP 4* has circulated, as an example, word gets out. You end up with people whose Accounts have not developed enough, who fast-track much growth and end up with access to Cavalier Rewards. That affects the game overall because they're not progressing through normal systems designed to progress through, and they end up getting Champs they can't Rank because the Resources to do so aren't available to them. Not to mention they haven't developed the skills to do so. It isn't just about people who have the skill to get past it. It's a Progress Gate designed to separate Players based on the progress of their Account so that the Rewards are more appropriate to where they're at. Believe it or not, it does more damage than good to allow people to skip that many steps.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

then I'm done with this. It's PROGRESS. Not SKILL.

Good. Also, be careful with the caps.

You end up with people whose Accounts have not developed enough, who fast-track much growth and end up with access to Cavalier Rewards.

and they end up getting Champs they can't Rank because the Resources to do so aren't available to them. Not to mention they haven't developed the skills to do so.

Skilled player beating endgame content with weak champs = Endgame rewards = Using those rewards and recources to advance their account upon completion.

Not being able to Rank Champs is fine if you have access to the best rewards. Not enough Gold? Are you skilled enough to take on a Variant? Theres 1.5 M to access. Not enough Catalysts? Alliance Quest. Not to mention there are tons of ways to get ISO.

"Haven't developed the Skills" is contradictory to your example.

Do walk me through the extent of the "damage" something like this could cause for the 1% of people who could do it, had it been allowed. How is this damaging to anything? Beating this content too early isnt a detriment considering you get access to every recource you need to build your team.

I know the game is designed to make sure you have too much of one thing and not enough of another, but if a player is skilled enough they can quickly get to a point of balance if they are skilled enough to use their roster to propel themselves through content with rewards that helps them create that balance. I know what youre trying to say but its simply wrong because barely anyone can do it.
  • Options
    This is becoming argumentative. I'm not explaining it again. Go ahead and think what you like. They're in place for a reason and it's not just because "Kabam is mean.".
This discussion has been closed.