**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why only money paying players have access to all the stuffs?

2»

Comments

• Options
    bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Sadly that's how the game survive: based on those whales
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    If it meant the paying players would just ahead by another mile than maybe. But the rewards are so insignificant. In my language we have a saying "Voor een dubbeltje op de eerste rij zitten." which translates to, wanting the best deal for only a fraction of the price. Or in this case, for no price at all. This is just an offer that gives the players that spend a little extra for making this game run for the free to play players. Which I am one of.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    slacker said:

I don't understand why everytime kabam make some offers, people always complain about cash grab bla bla and bla. It like people want to get good stuff without giving anything or doing something. Like lazy people want to equal with hard-working people.
    And yet this time, kabam still give something to ftp and some people still not satisfied.

I am satisfied with my free stuff but I'm not entirely sure buying things in a mobile game qualifies as "hard work."
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    This is a ridiculous post. Completely free of charge, every player can get access to:

Acts 1 to 6
    Rol
    Rttl
    Lol
    Abyss
    Variants 1-4
    Monthly quests
    Incursions
    Arena
    War
    Alliance Quest
    Free units

From this even a middling player can get resources to 5/65 multiple champions, get 6 stars, enjoy a passable story and partake in a pretty engaging mmo.

There is almost nothing that is behind a paywall, except accelerating progress. Abyss and act 6 past cavalier is arguable.

Much as I dislike the inconsistent approach throughout this game to certain things, there is no room to argue that ftp aren't literally showered in freebies.

All this "free stuff", effectively the entire contents of the game, is funded by people willing to spend, on a per head basis across the player base, presumably staggering sums.

I'm joining the ftp mob when my current sub ends, but I'll never be anything but very grateful to the spenders that keep this game running and the offers and events that kabam entice them with, which makes them spend.

Calling any such offer or event unfair to ftp players, is surely myopic.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ said:

This game isn’t funded by your arena grinding. 🤣 cash rules everything around us. Wise man once said something like that.

The wise man once said don’t pay full price for late pizza...
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

_ASDF_ said:

This game isn’t funded by your arena grinding. 🤣 cash rules everything around us. Wise man once said something like that.

The wise man once said don’t pay full price for late pizza...
    If you have pizza.. you must share.. that is the rules of pizza said the wise man....

Now wheres our pizza? :disappointed:

• Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    because kabam needs to make money so your broke self can continue to play for free. You should be thanking the spenders!!
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,661 Guardian
    TP33 said:

DNA3000 said:

Aren't we supposed to enjoy at least half the stuff of paying players?

People who talk about MCOC having "paywalls" have literally no idea what they are talking about, and have never seen a paywall before in their life
    Here’s a paywall for you, the abyss
    Prof Hoff did an Abyss path without spending units.

No insult intended to Prof Hoff, but if he can live stream an Abyss path without spending units, it ain't a paywall. In games with real paywalls, that would be impossible. Not hard, impossible. What you're talking about isn't even a pay-curb, much less a paywall.

it is obviously possible to do the Abyss without spending units. And moreover it is possible to grind for units, so any Abyss run that takes on the order of hundreds or a few thousand units is also something a player could do without spending cash. Paywalls force players to spend cash.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    TP33 said:

DNA3000 said:

Aren't we supposed to enjoy at least half the stuff of paying players?

People who talk about MCOC having "paywalls" have literally no idea what they are talking about, and have never seen a paywall before in their life
    Here’s a paywall for you, the abyss
    abyss F2P is possible.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,661 Guardian
    walkerdog said:

_ASDF_ said:

Not exactly. If kabam didnt have f2p grinders, they wouldn't get as many refreshes out of the people pushing for arena rewards.
    Well, yes and no. Only the top 150 players get the 5* featured, so eliminating all of the free to play players would still force nearly the same people to spend nearly the same amount, because it doesn't matter how many F2P players happen to land on the leaderboard, what matters is how much points you need to score to feel safe about your grind. Removing a few F2P players from the top scores doesn't significantly change that.

But the larger point is true: the game is successful in part because it has a healthy number of players which includes both the paying and the non-paying players. The game would be much less interesting to play if it only had the 10% or 20% of players who regularly pay. And most of the paying players started off as free to play players: the F2P crowd is where paying players get recruited from.

But while the game needs F2P players collectively, it doesn't need any particular one, just like it needs spenders, but it doesn't need any particular spender. If an F2P player feels that getting a completely free game isn't enough value for them, they can always find another game to play because MCOC is constantly replacing F2P players. Just as it is constantly replacing spending players that decide to move on.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    yeah it's really no different than any other company in the world .. if i go to Micky D's and I want more fries than the other guy ... I'll have to spend more money on the larger order of fries. not the best example but you know what i mean.

but still, i definitely feel your pain on the issue. that's just the way the cookie crumbles.
  • Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★

slacker said:

I don't understand why everytime kabam make some offers, people always complain about cash grab bla bla and bla. It like people want to get good stuff without giving anything or doing something. Like lazy people want to equal with hard-working people.
    And yet this time, kabam still give something to ftp and some people still not satisfied.

I am satisfied with my free stuff but I'm not entirely sure buying things in a mobile game qualifies as "hard work."
    It's metaphoric anyway, i didn't have a good ided to describe complete tho...
  • Options
    Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    I pays some monies and I don’t have all the stuffs. I.e. Ghost. 6 Star Corvus. Dr. Doom. Magik.

But I promise you I’ll be spending the monies to get Red Guardian.