**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

Man, all these people that care to respond to you are actual saints. They also do it in a respectful manner which seems such a hard thing to do cause nothing you have said in the past 40 pages are shared by or agreed on by another and yet you just keep on posting. Please do not spam this thread so the rest can have a constructive discussion and give feedback.

"cause nothing you have said in the past 40 pages are shared by or agreed on by another and yet you just keep on posting"

I agree with some of their points. Even if you don't agree, it doesn't give you the right to silence someone. This is a forum where we can have a discussion about our opinions on the current state of the game. By attacking another player and telling them their opinion is not valid/needed when they are just giving constructive feedback and doing it in a civil manner, you are creating a toxic and hostile environment, which is the opposite of what we want right now.

KaLyde said:

Nexus crystals should just replace the current crystal at same cost. You still get 1 champ, you just have a choice, you really get nothing extra, and you can’t fix what’s broke in the value of the game by charging double..., And none of it will matter if they manipulate RNG to keep quality champ pulls low. I have 7 mystic 6*s, if you divide seatins champion list in half For mystics there’s about 12 upper level and 13 lower level. 100% of my mystics are in the lower level. So a choice of would help some, but not sure I’d feel any better with a nexus pull of falcon, IP and Inferioir Iron man.

But you get the choice to pull the best champ out of three in a nexus. Making it the same cost as regular crystals makes no sense.

And plus, you shouldn't just not have the regular crystal. It defeats the whole point of the game. I feel like we should just keep the element of RNG in the regular crystals but allow it to be altered, like in the featured or nexus, but at a higher price.
    I think what's colliding here is the is and the ought.

According to the is-side nexus crystals are nessecarily more valuable than basics, because they are designed and marketed that way. Even giving them away for 30k shards, what would be ridiculous, would still decrease their current value in the game by a lot.

Most of us are arguing for the ought-side and long story short, rather than being better than basics, they're just a bit less awful. Therefore we basically say they're ought to be extremely affordable or even replace basics entirely for the same price, since what ought to be is what we see as nessecary to try and improve on broader problems.
    I get what you're saying, but there is no point in trying to replace the regular crystals. The game was built on the premise that you would randomly get one champion out of a crystal and you rolled with it. I agree that they should make nexus crystals more accessible to players, but I just don't feel that they should be as cheap as nor replace the regular crystals.

And yes, I get that as the champion pool increases, the chances of getting a specific champ decreases. That's why I'm all for class-specific crystals, and maybe even themed crystals. But, those have to come at a higher price because you're still manipulating RNG, just like the featureds manipulate RNG as well as provide otherwise non-accessible characters.
    Okay let me try it again.

Let me start of by saying: everything you said in your last comments is absolutely and 100% correct in the context of what you're trying to convey.

However, the baseline argument is not "we want nexus crystals". There only is a baseline problem, which is the inaccessibility of certain champs in contrast to the inaccessibility of certain pieces of content without certain champs.

From that we go on and think about how this current is actually ought to be.

Making nexus crystals more accessible was one of many suggestions to get from the is to the ought.

The disconnect in the current discussion is that you argue solely the accessibility of nexus crystals according to the is of the game. And again you're absolutely correct there.

However, what we actually argue about is the accessibility of nexus crystals according to the much broader ought of the game.

You logically can not argue against an ought with stating the is and going from there, since the ought per definition entails that the is needs to change.

Example:

A: There ought to be no hunger in this world.
    B: But that isn't how our world currently works.

While there isn't anything inherently incorrect about statement B, it does not actually touch what statement A implies.

In short:

We're arguing completely different things here lol.
    Oh, I completely agree with your opinion on the inaccessibility of champs. Since I've exchanged opinions with other members, I interpreted your statement as something else. Sorry for the inconvenience! :tongue:
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

KaLyde said:

Nexus crystals should just replace the current crystal at same cost. You still get 1 champ, you just have a choice, you really get nothing extra, and you can’t fix what’s broke in the value of the game by charging double..., And none of it will matter if they manipulate RNG to keep quality champ pulls low. I have 7 mystic 6*s, if you divide seatins champion list in half For mystics there’s about 12 upper level and 13 lower level. 100% of my mystics are in the lower level. So a choice of would help some, but not sure I’d feel any better with a nexus pull of falcon, IP and Inferioir Iron man.

But you get the choice to pull the best champ out of three in a nexus. Making it the same cost as regular crystals makes no sense.

And plus, you shouldn't just not have the regular crystal. It defeats the whole point of the game. I feel like we should just keep the element of RNG in the regular crystals but allow it to be altered, like in the featured or nexus, but at a higher price.

According to the is-side nexus crystals are nessecarily more valuable than basics, because they are designed and marketed that way. Even giving them away for 30k shards, what would be ridiculous, would still decrease their current value in the game by a lot.

Most of us are arguing for the ought-side and long story short, rather than being better than basics, they're just a bit less awful. Therefore we basically say they're ought to be extremely affordable or even replace basics entirely for the same price, since what ought to be is what we see as nessecary to try and improve on broader problems.
    I get what you're saying, but there is no point in trying to replace the regular crystals. The game was built on the premise that you would randomly get one champion out of a crystal and you rolled with it. I agree that they should make nexus crystals more accessible to players, but I just don't feel that they should be as cheap as nor replace the regular crystals.

And yes, I get that as the champion pool increases, the chances of getting a specific champ decreases. That's why I'm all for class-specific crystals, and maybe even themed crystals. But, those have to come at a higher price because you're still manipulating RNG, just like the featureds manipulate RNG as well as provide otherwise non-accessible characters.

Let me start of by saying: everything you said in your last comments is absolutely and 100% correct in the context of what you're trying to convey.

However, the baseline argument is not "we want nexus crystals". There only is a baseline problem, which is the inaccessibility of certain champs in contrast to the inaccessibility of certain pieces of content without certain champs.

Making nexus crystals more accessible was one of many suggestions to get from the is to the ought.

The disconnect in the current discussion is that you argue solely the accessibility of nexus crystals according to the is of the game. And again you're absolutely correct there.

However, what we actually argue about is the accessibility of nexus crystals according to the much broader ought of the game.

You logically can not argue against an ought with stating the is and going from there, since the ought per definition entails that the is needs to change.

Example:

While there isn't anything inherently incorrect about statement B, it does not actually touch what statement A implies.

In short:

More accessible doesn't necessarily translate to replacing the Basics with them, which is one of the suggestions here. Currently, they're barely available. Making them purchasable would have to come with some kind of cost because there's a much greater value in them. It also balances things so that people don't just forego Basics completely.
    You may only be paying for one Champ, but you're also paying for a unique feature that regular RNG doesn't provide. You have the ability to choose from 1 of 3 random outcomes. I suggested 30k because of the symmetry of it. I could reason with your suggestion of 25k. My view is it needs to have a decent cost because it's not your regular Crystal.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★

Actually 30k seems about what I would set it at. 20k for a Class Crystal. 15 for Featured.

Just because that’s what you would set it doesn’t mean it’s a good value. 20K might be reasonable for a class crystal but 30K is ridiculous for a nexus.
    It's not ridiculous at all. If you want a choice, you have to pay a cost. The 6* was given for Act 6. You think it's going to be that cheap? 20k to narrow down the RNG to Class. 30k to have your choice of 3 is not unreasonable.
    You say that like it's a PHC. Lol. Put one out for 30k I guarantee people will opt for it. 3 chances at what you want is better than one.
    Yeah because you know what would really make my day? Waiting a while to save up to 30k shards all for me to open a nexus crystal and have to choose between Groot, Superior Iron man, and Moon Knight. Oh yeah, that's what I want.
    Lol you nailed it.

While I appreciate the discussion about nexus crystals and their value, I think the point has been made on people wanting them more available in some capacity for the future. But I think you guys aren’t gonna agree on the numbers here and should probably move on to other issues now. Cuz there’s a lot to discuss and the feedback has been amazing so far, let’s not get bogged down on one thing.

KaLyde said:

Example:

In short:

More accessible doesn't necessarily translate to replacing the Basics with them, which is one of the suggestions here. Currently, they're barely available. Making them purchasable would have to come with some kind of cost because there's a much greater value in them. It also balances things so that people don't just forego Basics completely.
    You may only be paying for one Champ, but you're also paying for a unique feature that regular RNG doesn't provide. You have the ability to choose from 1 of 3 random outcomes. I suggested 30k because of the symmetry of it. I could reason with your suggestion of 25k. My view is it needs to have a decent cost because it's not your regular Crystal.
    Yeah that's not even remotely what I said, you're still arguing the is against the ought, yada yada yada.

Please, if you don't understand what I'm saying, don't respond to me. I feel inclined to respond to comments responding to mine, but it's nothing but frustrating if that merely consists of repeating and rephrasing my actual point.
    It was a continuation of what we discussed before. I'm not entirely sure why you're debating ought to. It's an IF. If they do. What ought to and what ought not to is moot. We don't decide what's necessity and what isn't. Logically, it's not an ought. The game could continue relying on the same RNG.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    edited May 2020

Thecurler said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldtpgYiLCAc&feature=youtu.be

For all the sheep out there:
    In 15:01 he says that the best and only solution is Blade
    But do you know that willpower counts as regeneration?
    Sheeeeep

How come you're watching his content as soon as it's uploaded? I guess you're a subscriber with notifications switched on 😂
    I was in youtube, and I saw the video in recommendations unfortunately
    Yeah yeah me too baa

Actually 30k seems about what I would set it at. 20k for a Class Crystal. 15 for Featured.

Just because that’s what you would set it doesn’t mean it’s a good value. 20K might be reasonable for a class crystal but 30K is ridiculous for a nexus.
    It's not ridiculous at all. If you want a choice, you have to pay a cost. The 6* was given for Act 6. You think it's going to be that cheap? 20k to narrow down the RNG to Class. 30k to have your choice of 3 is not unreasonable.
    You say that like it's a PHC. Lol. Put one out for 30k I guarantee people will opt for it. 3 chances at what you want is better than one.
    Yeah because you know what would really make my day? Waiting a while to save up to 30k shards all for me to open a nexus crystal and have to choose between Groot, Superior Iron man, and Moon Knight. Oh yeah, that's what I want.
    You have the same ability now. Difference is, you don't have a choice. You get what you get. Suggestions are one thing, but realistic ones are another. I can't see them being swapped outright for the Basics. The Featured for example. You're paying extra for the advantages it provides. Same applies to this Crystal.

You have the same ability now. Difference is, you don't have a choice. You get what you get. Suggestions are one thing, but realistic ones are another. I can't see them being swapped outright for the Basics. The Featured for example. You're paying extra for the advantages it provides. Same applies to this Crystal.
    30k is an absolutely ridiculous idea. No sane or veteran player would go for that offer. I'd rather open 3 separate 5* crystals to still end up with a Groot, Superior Iron man, and Moon Knight so I could get a decent chunk of 6* shards and get myself closer to 6* Iron Patriot. Quick suggesting absurd cost amounts.
    If they were trying to take down Sinsiter or The Champion I'd wager they would. Let's put this into perspective. They give a Nexus for doing Act 6. Now people are suggesting replacing the Basic with them? I don't care how high expectations are. I can't be the only one who sees the stretch in that. Advantages have a cost, and choosing one of 3 Champs is a pretty big advantage given the system.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Guillotine and Mephisto aren't bad.

lol its the fact that he 100% abyss we talking about.

you say that but ur nowhere near where the level hes at.

the fact that none of these champs help him with prestige nor does it help him with his roster.

you do know those champs wont help him with nothing for where hes at end game content right?

noone will be happy with these rewards vs amount of money,time,roster to do this content for an "endgame" player

and you do know this is 100% abyss rewaeds right? one of the most hardesr contents in the game. not like you would know.

Getting shards from hard content is no different than getting shards from EQ or an offer. You're still at the mercy of RNG. People really need to stop tacking on the difficulty of what champ shards were gained from to the crystals themselves.

Guillotine and Mephisto aren't bad.

lol its the fact that he 100% abyss we talking about.

you say that but ur nowhere near where the level hes at.

the fact that none of these champs help him with prestige nor does it help him with his roster.

you do know those champs wont help him with nothing for where hes at end game content right?

noone will be happy with these rewards vs amount of money,time,roster to do this content for an "endgame" player

and you do know this is 100% abyss rewaeds right? one of the most hardesr contents in the game. not like you would know.

Getting shards from hard content is no different than getting shards from EQ or an offer. You're still at the mercy of RNG. People really need to stop tacking on the difficulty of what champ shards were gained from to the crystals themselves.
    Exactly. Completing difficult content doesn't mean you deserve to get a good champ. It means you deserve to get more chances at a good champ.
    Verzz said:

30k is an absolutely ridiculous idea. No sane or veteran player would go for that offer. I'd rather open 3 separate 5* crystals to still end up with a Groot, Superior Iron man, and Moon Knight so I could get a decent chunk of 6* shards and get myself closer to 6* Iron Patriot. Quick suggesting absurd cost amounts.
    If they were trying to take down Sinsiter or The Champion I'd wager they would. Let's put this into perspective. They give a Nexus for doing Act 6. Now people are suggesting replacing the Basic with them? I don't care how high expectations are. I can't be the only one who sees the stretch in that. Advantages have a cost, and choosing one of 3 Champs is a pretty big advantage given the system.
    Nobody is saying it shouldn’t cost more. 30k is ridiculous because by the definition of your own crystal you are giving up 3 champs to get 1 champ from the same pool. Which means it is exactly the same thing as seeing the next 3 and keeping all of them or seeing the next 3 and having to choose one of them for the same price. Only a complete fool would go for this nexus for 30k.
    As I said a few comments ago, 30k was an idea because of the symmetry. You're getting 3 choices and it's also the same as the T4 trade-in. I also said I would be open to considering 25k like someone else mentioned. Anything less than 20k and I don't agree at all.

Verzz said:

Nobody is saying it shouldn’t cost more. 30k is ridiculous because by the definition of your own crystal you are giving up 3 champs to get 1 champ from the same pool. Which means it is exactly the same thing as seeing the next 3 and keeping all of them or seeing the next 3 and having to choose one of them for the same price. Only a complete fool would go for this nexus for 30k.
    As I said a few comments ago, 30k was an idea because of the symmetry. You're getting 3 choices and it's also the same as the T4 trade-in. I also said I would be open to considering 25k like someone else mentioned. Anything less than 20k and I don't agree at all.
    Holy **** you don't get it. Lets say I see a random casino machine with a $10 spin. I have 30 dollars. I ask the employee if I can spend $30 in order to keep one of my three spins, instead of ALL THREE.

What I'm trying to say is there is absolutely no difference between spending 30k on basic 6* and 30k on nexus 6* besides the fact that you get 1/3 from the nexus and 3/3 with the basics. Your suggested price needs to be something like 20k to make any sense at all.
    Apparently you didn't read what I just said because 20k was in the realm of possibility for me.