**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Aq 30 min timer

2»

Comments

• Options
    MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    Invisible wrote: »
    Drizzits wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Honestly 30 minute timers make it more stressful to me cause it's.mkre rushed we finish aq in 9 hrs.. that means more interrupting of my normal day

You're the one player miike referred to when he said 30 min timers punish players. Lol. Yes, you get energy faster, it doesn't necessarily mean it has to be used right as you get it. It gives more freedom.

There are more than just one. The word "punish" has been stretched to death. People are in different Time Zones. Some don't log on as much as we do. Some can't even log on until daytime where they are, which is nighttime where we are. Which means, depending on the Map they run, they could miss the entire AQ because it's completed before they come on.
    In any case, they have no plans to change it permanently at the moment. It's for all Players, in all areas, and 1-Hour Timers are designed to allow for completion with coordination and planning, within 24 hours, for all ranges of situations.

you can do the same thing with 30 min timers. i dont get the "makes me feel rushed" argument at all. the common denominator is that aq runs 24 hours. each ally can still finish at their own rate with 30 min or 1 hour timers. if a player misses an entire aq series, they can find an ally more in tune with their time zone or if the their ally mates dont care, take the free rewards. no one gets anything extra for individual scores anyway.

That's not how the game works. People are open to join each other regardless of where they're from. It's Global. We can't expect people to separate based on their region just because some want to finish faster. People want to play. They don't just want Rewards. Especially those that are growing. They need that experience. It's designed for 1-Hour Timers. The debate always comes up, but the fact is, some can't see how it's a problem because they enjoy speeding it up when it occasionally comes around.

lol i really failed to understood how 1 hour will give them more experience?

If they come on when the Map is already complete because they live on the other side of the world, they don't get any experience at all.

because there arent other modes of game play right? wars, arena, story quests, event quest...etc....aq is the only way to get exp? they have every opportunity to change allies if that us the case.
  • Options
    Alright, closing this thread down because we have discussed this many times, and this is just going off the rails again.

The part about 30 minute timers being punishing to some players still stands, but the rest of that point seems to be conveniently forgotten:

Alliance Quests are built for 1 hour timers. The maps are tuned to 1 hour timers, and this is definitely part of the challenge. Coordinating your alliance around the timer so you get the nodes you need taken down when you need them, and managing your resources (including energy) is a very important part of being in an Alliance.

When the map changes and becomes bigger (like Alliance Wars) or the cadence of Linked Nodes changes, then we may change the energy refresh timers. But we are not going to change them at this time.

Closing this thread now.
This discussion has been closed.