Aq 30 min timer

How nice it's been or be able to do other events/arena with not having to worry about checking the Aq map every hour, I honestly can't see any reason for kabam putting it back to 1 hour and plenty to gain by keeping it at 30 mins.
«1

Comments

  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,095 ★★★★★
    The current aq map is too easy for 30 minute timers, the only thing making AQ even slightly difficult is the need for team communication and participation that is the result of hour long timers. If they also increased the length of difficulty of AQ I would agree with shorter timers but with the way it is with 30 minute timer active battle groups can finish map 5 day 5 in under half a day with no effort which isn't be the way it should be when such rewards are on the line.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 31,863 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Drizzits wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Honestly 30 minute timers make it more stressful to me cause it's.mkre rushed we finish aq in 9 hrs.. that means more interrupting of my normal day

    You're the one player miike referred to when he said 30 min timers punish players. Lol. Yes, you get energy faster, it doesn't necessarily mean it has to be used right as you get it. It gives more freedom.

    There are more than just one. The word "punish" has been stretched to death. People are in different Time Zones. Some don't log on as much as we do. Some can't even log on until daytime where they are, which is nighttime where we are. Which means, depending on the Map they run, they could miss the entire AQ because it's completed before they come on.
    In any case, they have no plans to change it permanently at the moment. It's for all Players, in all areas, and 1-Hour Timers are designed to allow for completion with coordination and planning, within 24 hours, for all ranges of situations.
  • Harada78Harada78 Posts: 31
    Yes kabam I don't understand why all the dramatic about 30 minute timers. We love the game and have lives too I don't see how 30 minute timers will hurt us in anyway. We would love to play harder map6. With 30 minute timers or better yet offer map 6 with 30 minute timers to relieves us players you will see many more alliances play map6 with 30 minute timers keep the other maps with regular hourly timers , but make map6 30 minute timers my alli loved playing it this week when it was free and our international player got to play it as well you don't want us to share our accounts but you make a map which needs everyone to be around to play at the same time . You say it's bad to give us 30 minute timers but reward us with it when you screw something up ? Don't get the logic in it like aren't these forums for getting feedback. About your player base ? And improving the game
  • Proverbial beating of head against a brick wall....

    By all means, those of you who are the VAST minority preferring 1 hour timers to 30 min timers, please tell us about how these past few weeks have been so awful for you.

    Fyi, dude said player
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    Drizzits wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Honestly 30 minute timers make it more stressful to me cause it's.mkre rushed we finish aq in 9 hrs.. that means more interrupting of my normal day

    You're the one player miike referred to when he said 30 min timers punish players. Lol. Yes, you get energy faster, it doesn't necessarily mean it has to be used right as you get it. It gives more freedom.

    There are more than just one. The word "punish" has been stretched to death. People are in different Time Zones. Some don't log on as much as we do. Some can't even log on until daytime where they are, which is nighttime where we are. Which means, depending on the Map they run, they could miss the entire AQ because it's completed before they come on.
    In any case, they have no plans to change it permanently at the moment. It's for all Players, in all areas, and 1-Hour Timers are designed to allow for completion with coordination and planning, within 24 hours, for all ranges of situations.

    you can do the same thing with 30 min timers. i dont get the "makes me feel rushed" argument at all. the common denominator is that aq runs 24 hours. each ally can still finish at their own rate with 30 min or 1 hour timers. if a player misses an entire aq series, they can find an ally more in tune with their time zone or if the their ally mates dont care, take the free rewards. no one gets anything extra for individual scores anyway.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    30 minute timers are the way to go. The only counterargument that is logically sound is the one from @Sungj : from a competitive standpoint, I can see why certain alliances would want 60 minute timers. But otherwise, 30 minute timers are much more conducive to those who maintain a life outside of MCOC.

    If MCOC's goal is only for the short term, then I can see why they would revert back to 60 minute timers. But most players will not be able to sustain this kind of lifestyle, so it would be wise to keep it to 30 minutes so that players with lives can continue to play this game over the long haul.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 31,863 ★★★★★
    Drizzits wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Honestly 30 minute timers make it more stressful to me cause it's.mkre rushed we finish aq in 9 hrs.. that means more interrupting of my normal day

    You're the one player miike referred to when he said 30 min timers punish players. Lol. Yes, you get energy faster, it doesn't necessarily mean it has to be used right as you get it. It gives more freedom.

    There are more than just one. The word "punish" has been stretched to death. People are in different Time Zones. Some don't log on as much as we do. Some can't even log on until daytime where they are, which is nighttime where we are. Which means, depending on the Map they run, they could miss the entire AQ because it's completed before they come on.
    In any case, they have no plans to change it permanently at the moment. It's for all Players, in all areas, and 1-Hour Timers are designed to allow for completion with coordination and planning, within 24 hours, for all ranges of situations.

    you can do the same thing with 30 min timers. i dont get the "makes me feel rushed" argument at all. the common denominator is that aq runs 24 hours. each ally can still finish at their own rate with 30 min or 1 hour timers. if a player misses an entire aq series, they can find an ally more in tune with their time zone or if the their ally mates dont care, take the free rewards. no one gets anything extra for individual scores anyway.

    That's not how the game works. People are open to join each other regardless of where they're from. It's Global. We can't expect people to separate based on their region just because some want to finish faster. People want to play. They don't just want Rewards. Especially those that are growing. They need that experience. It's designed for 1-Hour Timers. The debate always comes up, but the fact is, some can't see how it's a problem because they enjoy speeding it up when it occasionally comes around.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Try finding an equally-skilled ally outside of the US. Americans are going to bed when I get off work, so who's going to stay up late to unlock the linked nodes for me? Or am I expected to duck out of work to clear your nodes? There are only about 4 or 5 alliances in my region that are even close (also including speaking the same language). With the time zones the way they are, I have the first 16 hours to get it done because the last 8 involve me sleeping. I don't have the luxury of an overnight "recharge". Players in Europe have the exact opposite problem. They sleep through the first 8 hours.

    With 1 hour timers and the links setup the way they are in maps 5 and 6, you essentially have very specific times to be online in order to nail exploration.

    30 min timers let us log in with more flexibility. If my energy fills up, there is no harm in not moving. You don't have to keep the timers running all day.
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    Drizzits wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Honestly 30 minute timers make it more stressful to me cause it's.mkre rushed we finish aq in 9 hrs.. that means more interrupting of my normal day

    You're the one player miike referred to when he said 30 min timers punish players. Lol. Yes, you get energy faster, it doesn't necessarily mean it has to be used right as you get it. It gives more freedom.

    There are more than just one. The word "punish" has been stretched to death. People are in different Time Zones. Some don't log on as much as we do. Some can't even log on until daytime where they are, which is nighttime where we are. Which means, depending on the Map they run, they could miss the entire AQ because it's completed before they come on.
    In any case, they have no plans to change it permanently at the moment. It's for all Players, in all areas, and 1-Hour Timers are designed to allow for completion with coordination and planning, within 24 hours, for all ranges of situations.

    you can do the same thing with 30 min timers. i dont get the "makes me feel rushed" argument at all. the common denominator is that aq runs 24 hours. each ally can still finish at their own rate with 30 min or 1 hour timers. if a player misses an entire aq series, they can find an ally more in tune with their time zone or if the their ally mates dont care, take the free rewards. no one gets anything extra for individual scores anyway.

    That's not how the game works. People are open to join each other regardless of where they're from. It's Global. We can't expect people to separate based on their region just because some want to finish faster. People want to play. They don't just want Rewards. Especially those that are growing. They need that experience. It's designed for 1-Hour Timers. The debate always comes up, but the fact is, some can't see how it's a problem because they enjoy speeding it up when it occasionally comes around.

    stater of the obvious, of course people want to play. if they didnt, they wouldnt have downloaded the game. i never said that i expect them to seperate based on region, i said they could join an ally more in tune with their time zone. i also never said anything about wanting to finish aq faster.

    30 min timers do not cause the rush issue, their peers do. you keep stating "its designed for 1 hour timers" but the design is for allies to complete the map with in 24 hours, thats really the only timer that matters. if timing is an issue, do the unthinkable and delay the start of aq.

    anyway, call it how you want. the game doesnt work just one way. 30 min....1 hr.....i dont care either way. there are so many ways to go about getting from A to Z.

    usually i agree with your posts, this is just one we wont see eye to eye on!

    cheers!
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 578 ★★★
    I think the real reason behind the 60 minutes timer and also the longer map in the new AW season is that players won't be able to use boosts and complete the entire section. This way you need to fight without boosts (and waste more on potions) or to boost yourself more than once.
    Until now in AW you were able to boost and complete a full path with it (most paths).

    Personally speaking, I don't care about the boost.. they can find another way to eliminate this if they really want.
    The "cordination" issue is **** because no matter how you coordinate you can't complete map6 if you can't play during the morning, which lead to account sharing or putting pressure over players to play during work or school.
    Endless requests from the team to reduce the timer or schedule the quests to 12 hours but they just don't want to. Exactly like a drug dealer, they care more about the money stream than the players.
  • Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    edited September 2017
    That's not how the game works. People are open to join each other regardless of where they're from. It's Global. We can't expect people to separate based on their region just because some want to finish faster. People want to play. They don't just want Rewards. Especially those that are growing. They need that experience. It's designed for 1-Hour Timers. The debate always comes up, but the fact is, some can't see how it's a problem because they enjoy speeding it up when it occasionally comes around.

    By the same token, if you feel your alliance is rushing you with 30 minute timers, you too are free to switch to one where there is no rush.

    I don't know why you think the maps are designed for 1 hour timers. If anything, the maps do not take into account emergencies, be it arising from players' real life, or from Kabam's servers outage. If the designs do consider these emergencies, then there is no need for Kabam to move to 30 minute timers whenever there is a server outage. Or is it a case where Kabam just simply do not care about players' well being?
  • SignumSignum Posts: 133
    I think we should keep 30 min timers, I hate having to stress in the morning to finish AQ while I'm at work. Our alliance has not been stressing players to move up. People get in and get out and handle there business and adult players can quickly get back to focusing on more important things like work.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 31,863 ★★★★★
    Dr_ARCHer wrote: »
    That's not how the game works. People are open to join each other regardless of where they're from. It's Global. We can't expect people to separate based on their region just because some want to finish faster. People want to play. They don't just want Rewards. Especially those that are growing. They need that experience. It's designed for 1-Hour Timers. The debate always comes up, but the fact is, some can't see how it's a problem because they enjoy speeding it up when it occasionally comes around.

    By the same token, if you feel your alliance is rushing you with 30 minute timers, you too are free to switch to one where there is no rush.

    I don't know why you think the maps are designed for 1 hour timers. If anything, the maps do not take into account emergencies, be it arising from players' real life, or from Kabam's servers outage. If the designs do consider these emergencies, then there is no need for Kabam to move to 30 minute timers whenever there is a server outage. Or is it a case where Kabam just simply do not care about players' well being?

    They are designed for 1-Hour Timers. That is from the Mods themselves. My Ally is not the issue. The issue is people who are in different areas of the world and those who can't log on as often as some of us who are on most of the day.
  • Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    They are designed for 1-Hour Timers. That is from the Mods themselves. My Ally is not the issue. The issue is people who are in different areas of the world and those who can't log on as often as some of us who are on most of the day.

    If they are designed for 1 hour timers, then the design does not take into consideration the possibility of real life emergencies, including server outages and players' real world circumstances.
  • LeeckLeeck Posts: 15
    The game is design for global player, pls take consideration of different time zone and not only PST bias, game started when others are in sleeping, and most ally has multiple time zone players
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    edited September 2017
    So people really are arguing this. Only ones that would want 60mins over 30mims are the ones who probably have alot of time on their hands. Everyone should have a life outside of his game, so 30mins makes more sense, don't see how anyone can say otherwise.
  • Raa wrote: »
    So people really are arguing this. Only ones that would want 60mins over 30mims are the ones who probably have alot of time on their hands. Everyone should have a life outside of his game, so 30mins makes more sense, don't see how anyone can say otherwise.

    Some folks just gotta dribble. They simply can't help it...

    It is obvious to me that the company cares little about your life outside the game. They'll tell you to scale down to the next map below if you are not comfortably completing whatever map you're on. My advice is to tell them you wont spend $ until 30 min timers are permanent, and follow through.
  • Riise81Riise81 Posts: 32
    I haven't got a massive character base and having my 3 best locked in aq is a pain when I'm trying to complete act 5 and 100% act 4 I much prefer getting aq out of the way quickly to give myself a few hours with all my characters, obviously it's worse we we've got a war going I can lose 11 of my best characters then
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    Kabam, if you're listening. I spend more money because of 30 minute timers. ;)
  • InvisibleInvisible Posts: 113
    Drizzits wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Honestly 30 minute timers make it more stressful to me cause it's.mkre rushed we finish aq in 9 hrs.. that means more interrupting of my normal day

    You're the one player miike referred to when he said 30 min timers punish players. Lol. Yes, you get energy faster, it doesn't necessarily mean it has to be used right as you get it. It gives more freedom.

    There are more than just one. The word "punish" has been stretched to death. People are in different Time Zones. Some don't log on as much as we do. Some can't even log on until daytime where they are, which is nighttime where we are. Which means, depending on the Map they run, they could miss the entire AQ because it's completed before they come on.
    In any case, they have no plans to change it permanently at the moment. It's for all Players, in all areas, and 1-Hour Timers are designed to allow for completion with coordination and planning, within 24 hours, for all ranges of situations.

    you can do the same thing with 30 min timers. i dont get the "makes me feel rushed" argument at all. the common denominator is that aq runs 24 hours. each ally can still finish at their own rate with 30 min or 1 hour timers. if a player misses an entire aq series, they can find an ally more in tune with their time zone or if the their ally mates dont care, take the free rewards. no one gets anything extra for individual scores anyway.

    That's not how the game works. People are open to join each other regardless of where they're from. It's Global. We can't expect people to separate based on their region just because some want to finish faster. People want to play. They don't just want Rewards. Especially those that are growing. They need that experience. It's designed for 1-Hour Timers. The debate always comes up, but the fact is, some can't see how it's a problem because they enjoy speeding it up when it occasionally comes around.

    lol i really failed to understood how 1 hour will give them more experience?
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Invisible wrote: »
    Drizzits wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Honestly 30 minute timers make it more stressful to me cause it's.mkre rushed we finish aq in 9 hrs.. that means more interrupting of my normal day

    You're the one player miike referred to when he said 30 min timers punish players. Lol. Yes, you get energy faster, it doesn't necessarily mean it has to be used right as you get it. It gives more freedom.

    There are more than just one. The word "punish" has been stretched to death. People are in different Time Zones. Some don't log on as much as we do. Some can't even log on until daytime where they are, which is nighttime where we are. Which means, depending on the Map they run, they could miss the entire AQ because it's completed before they come on.
    In any case, they have no plans to change it permanently at the moment. It's for all Players, in all areas, and 1-Hour Timers are designed to allow for completion with coordination and planning, within 24 hours, for all ranges of situations.

    you can do the same thing with 30 min timers. i dont get the "makes me feel rushed" argument at all. the common denominator is that aq runs 24 hours. each ally can still finish at their own rate with 30 min or 1 hour timers. if a player misses an entire aq series, they can find an ally more in tune with their time zone or if the their ally mates dont care, take the free rewards. no one gets anything extra for individual scores anyway.

    That's not how the game works. People are open to join each other regardless of where they're from. It's Global. We can't expect people to separate based on their region just because some want to finish faster. People want to play. They don't just want Rewards. Especially those that are growing. They need that experience. It's designed for 1-Hour Timers. The debate always comes up, but the fact is, some can't see how it's a problem because they enjoy speeding it up when it occasionally comes around.

    lol i really failed to understood how 1 hour will give them more experience?

    It's websnatcher, he'll argue with anyone and take kabam's side.
  • InvisibleInvisible Posts: 113
    Anonymous wrote: »
    Invisible wrote: »
    Drizzits wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Honestly 30 minute timers make it more stressful to me cause it's.mkre rushed we finish aq in 9 hrs.. that means more interrupting of my normal day

    You're the one player miike referred to when he said 30 min timers punish players. Lol. Yes, you get energy faster, it doesn't necessarily mean it has to be used right as you get it. It gives more freedom.

    There are more than just one. The word "punish" has been stretched to death. People are in different Time Zones. Some don't log on as much as we do. Some can't even log on until daytime where they are, which is nighttime where we are. Which means, depending on the Map they run, they could miss the entire AQ because it's completed before they come on.
    In any case, they have no plans to change it permanently at the moment. It's for all Players, in all areas, and 1-Hour Timers are designed to allow for completion with coordination and planning, within 24 hours, for all ranges of situations.

    you can do the same thing with 30 min timers. i dont get the "makes me feel rushed" argument at all. the common denominator is that aq runs 24 hours. each ally can still finish at their own rate with 30 min or 1 hour timers. if a player misses an entire aq series, they can find an ally more in tune with their time zone or if the their ally mates dont care, take the free rewards. no one gets anything extra for individual scores anyway.

    That's not how the game works. People are open to join each other regardless of where they're from. It's Global. We can't expect people to separate based on their region just because some want to finish faster. People want to play. They don't just want Rewards. Especially those that are growing. They need that experience. It's designed for 1-Hour Timers. The debate always comes up, but the fact is, some can't see how it's a problem because they enjoy speeding it up when it occasionally comes around.

    lol i really failed to understood how 1 hour will give them more experience?

    It's websnatcher, he'll argue with anyone and take kabam's side.

    Ahhh thanks for the info bud.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 31,863 ★★★★★
    Invisible wrote: »
    Drizzits wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Honestly 30 minute timers make it more stressful to me cause it's.mkre rushed we finish aq in 9 hrs.. that means more interrupting of my normal day

    You're the one player miike referred to when he said 30 min timers punish players. Lol. Yes, you get energy faster, it doesn't necessarily mean it has to be used right as you get it. It gives more freedom.

    There are more than just one. The word "punish" has been stretched to death. People are in different Time Zones. Some don't log on as much as we do. Some can't even log on until daytime where they are, which is nighttime where we are. Which means, depending on the Map they run, they could miss the entire AQ because it's completed before they come on.
    In any case, they have no plans to change it permanently at the moment. It's for all Players, in all areas, and 1-Hour Timers are designed to allow for completion with coordination and planning, within 24 hours, for all ranges of situations.

    you can do the same thing with 30 min timers. i dont get the "makes me feel rushed" argument at all. the common denominator is that aq runs 24 hours. each ally can still finish at their own rate with 30 min or 1 hour timers. if a player misses an entire aq series, they can find an ally more in tune with their time zone or if the their ally mates dont care, take the free rewards. no one gets anything extra for individual scores anyway.

    That's not how the game works. People are open to join each other regardless of where they're from. It's Global. We can't expect people to separate based on their region just because some want to finish faster. People want to play. They don't just want Rewards. Especially those that are growing. They need that experience. It's designed for 1-Hour Timers. The debate always comes up, but the fact is, some can't see how it's a problem because they enjoy speeding it up when it occasionally comes around.

    lol i really failed to understood how 1 hour will give them more experience?

    If they come on when the Map is already complete because they live on the other side of the world, they don't get any experience at all.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    We have people that live in Australia, Egypt, Dubai, and many other countries in our alliance. 30 minute energy has not hindered them at all from playing map 5 or 6. It really has helped them since they don't have to wake up at 2 am to join aq.
  • InvisibleInvisible Posts: 113
    Anonymous wrote: »
    We have people that live in Australia, Egypt, Dubai, and many other countries in our alliance. 30 minute energy has not hindered them at all from playing map 5 or 6. It really has helped them since they don't have to wake up at 2 am to join aq.

    i think he is talking about players doing map1 or map2 lol. I don't think we (veteran) players doing map5 or map6 need and 30 min extra experience. And i also don't understand the logic behind when people say 30 min timer forces them to check in frequently. Say i have i have a convertible car that doesn't mean i have to keep the roof down event if it is raining.
This discussion has been closed.