**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6 star colossus, am I missing something?

Pulled this guy from a cav yesterday
I heard he was really good for labyrinth so I took him in with a synergy team and was massively underwhelmed. I am running suicides, but I find my r5 guillotine is much better than this guy

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    He's not the most suicides friendly bc you're gonna want to use a lot of specials. Not sure why he'd be a great labyrinth option either as you typically want to parry then then heavy to get his damage up
  • ahock101ahock101 Posts: 118
    I am happy, just not sure what is missing to get the best damage out of him. Is he worth r2 unduped?
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

He's not the most suicides friendly bc you're gonna want to use a lot of specials. Not sure why he'd be a great labyrinth option either as you typically want to parry then then heavy to get his damage up

he's immune to bleed and also poison, so I don't exactly see what you mean.
    ahock101 said:

I am happy, just not sure what is missing to get the best damage out of him. Is he worth r2 unduped?

yes, he's worth R2. Parry and heavy then sp1. Do that until you've built up a decent amount of armor charges(20 is the max, and thats what you should aim for). Once you have 20 charges, build up to sp2, parry, start charging heavy, activate the passive fury, then sp2
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    I'm not sure how he's a good labyrinth option. Wouldn't limber screw him?
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    He needs awakened...like so many of them do...you want to play without awakening you need an ageon or doom or one of the champs designed to be good without being awakened because five and sixes are undupable for most of the community. It is also one of the reasons the game is getting further and further out of balance. Champs being released with unblockable moves and rediculous damage because no one will play those that require awakening anymore because they can't awaken them.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,141 ★★★★★
    It rocil ther make him bad since with him u like to use sp a lot.

he's immune to bleed and also poison, so I don't exactly see what you mean.
    Not sure how that affects recoil when throwing specials....
    And he no where near the perfect lol option but he can do it it but not with the standards parry heavy style
    And he's not poison immune like was stated already
    edited June 2020

ahock101 said:

yes, he's worth R2. Parry and heavy then sp1. Do that until you've built up a decent amount of armor charges(20 is the max, and thats what you should aim for). Once you have 20 charges, build up to sp2, parry, start charging heavy, activate the passive fury, then sp2
    How are you planning to parry heavy that much with limber?
    The game has become less and less about skill and more and more about which champs you have. Had there been some kind of cap on the levels of hp the game would be entirely about skill. Now success or failure depends on whether or not you possess certain champs at certain ranks. Doom takes zero skill to win with, fury requires no skill to win with...and i assume there are more ahead that will not require awakening or skill to win with.

ahock101 said:

How are you planning to parry heavy that much with limber?
    I was talking about how to play him generally, I suppose I should've considered the limber
    Rap said:

He needs awakened...like so many of them do...you want to play without awakening you need an ageon or doom or one of the champs designed to be good without being awakened because five and sixes are undupable for most of the community. It is also one of the reasons the game is getting further and further out of balance. Champs being released with unblockable moves and rediculous damage because no one will play those that require awakening anymore because they can't awaken them.

aegon needs dupe. Did you not know that?
    His dupe lets him retain the combo, so you don't have to rebuild it every time. Thats what makes him so good
    Even can go back to year 2017 where Sl stil was the king of lol with clouse to sparky
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    When determining his value for LoL, he probably needs at minimum to be awakened and more ideally high sig. The awakening allows you to make armor up permanent and those are essential to ramping up his damage to the insane values you want for LoL. He will still be fantastic for other content though unawakened.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Hes good unawakened, a monster awakened
    All you really need is a suicide build, the ability to block, and a ranked up doom.

-You don't need to spam heavy attacks for getting great damage.
    -First of all remove suicides because you need to throw lots of specials.
    -The ideal team for Colossus for LOL is Colossus+Omega Red+Juggernaut+Emma Frost and 1 free spot.
    -Don't throw sp1's at all and only use sp2's from the beginning.
    -The power gain due to Emma Frost synergy will help u a lot to use more sp2's and that will increase your attack rating.
    -At some times you will have 40 Armor ups and you will gain 120% more attack due to synergies.
    -My 5/65 Colossus hits like a truck in labyrinth. His mediums hit for 23k.

P.S. - You might as well use one sp3 bc that places a passive fatigue on the opponent and they won't be able to crit which will help a lot when you get screwed by the evade.

There's a video of Kt1 where he uses Colossus for LOL. You should see that. It will help you.

his colossus is unduped though, so he doesn't retain the armor ups. Just throwing sp2s wouldn't work
  • Vedant_MehtaVedant_Mehta Posts: 95

-You don't need to spam heavy attacks for getting great damage.
    -First of all remove suicides because you need to throw lots of specials.
    -The ideal team for Colossus for LOL is Colossus+Omega Red+Juggernaut+Emma Frost and 1 free spot.
    -Don't throw sp1's at all and only use sp2's from the beginning.
    -The power gain due to Emma Frost synergy will help u a lot to use more sp2's and that will increase your attack rating.
    -At some times you will have 40 Armor ups and you will gain 120% more attack due to synergies.
    -My 5/65 Colossus hits like a truck in labyrinth. His mediums hit for 23k.

P.S. - You might as well use one sp3 bc that places a passive fatigue on the opponent and they won't be able to crit which will help a lot when you get screwed by the evade.

There's a video of Kt1 where he uses Colossus for LOL. You should see that. It will help you.

his colossus is unduped though, so he doesn't retain the armor ups. Just throwing sp2s wouldn't work
    Shoot didn't see that.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    When it comes to long form content he needs the dupe