**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Seriously? Greater Solo crystal shards in 2020?

Comments

• SleipnirrodSleipnirrod Posts: 228 ★★

As long as Solo Crystals exist, there will be Solo Crystal shards. The problem isn't that the Shards are there, it's that you don't think what you get from them is worth it. What do you think would make for an improvement to Solo Events and Solo Event Crystals?

Create levels of these crystals linked to your progress in the game (proven, conqueror, uncollected, etc.), and for each level, rewards appropriate to the level, that really make sense and are helpful.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★

As long as Solo Crystals exist, there will be Solo Crystal shards. The problem isn't that the Shards are there, it's that you don't think what you get from them is worth it. What do you think would make for an improvement to Solo Events and Solo Event Crystals?

At least an increased chance on those t1a and throw in some t4cc maybe, not asking for the moon but would relevant sig stones break the game? There is a reason I'm sitting on hundreds of these crystals and almost 1.5 million shards....not worth the time to even pop.
  • joke1004joke1004 Posts: 258 ★★★
    I’d love to see the solo events be updated to match the current state of the game. Increase the star levels of all those rewards from solo crystals at least.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★

I think solo events overall are a good thing, they give you a nice chunk of secondary rewards however I do agree the solo crystal rewards can be a bit lackluster so here are some ideas... #1 Put iso-8 in solo crystals, we all agree that iso-8 can be a big problem for smaller accounts that are still building up their 4* roster to get garunteed dupes from those crystals so using solo crystals as a way to get iso-8 would help
    With that a lot, also you can sell iso-8 for gold so it would help the gold problem a ton, but if you want to stick with the solo crystal idea you can make uncollected solo crystals that have pretty much the same things as the lower level solo crystals but for 4 and 5* champions instead of 3 and 4* ones, it could cost like 5k greater solo shards or something like that too. But anyways those are my ideas on how to make the solo crystals better so yeeeeeeeee.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Contrary to most, I like getting the 2*/3* sig stones as it's fun to pump up the baby roster for special events and collecting... as long as they're +5. Of course it would be good to have some practical items too - potions, revives, boosts, 5* sig stones, t1a. Nothing too valuable, but enough to make it worth the time it takes to open them.
  • KnasKnasKnasKnas Posts: 28
    edited June 2020

If Solo Crystals shall keep existing, I'd suggest a new tier of them, such as Cavalier Solo Crystals, that include: Sig stones for 4, 5 and 6*s, T1 alpas, T2 alpha shards, Arena boosts for 4, 5 and 6*s, and Awakening gems for 4*s with a rare chance for 5*s.

Another suggestion would be to remove Solo Crystals entirely and replace it with a Solo Shard Store where you can spend the Shards on a set of items, similar to the Glory Store.

I also would love if the Modok Quest had the potions and Units that already exist in Solo Quests (you also had this earlier years).

However, there are many things I would change with the above that requires lots of work. My dream scenario is that there would be something like a Solo Store(similar to the Glory Store), where you earn currency for doing Solo content like Story, EQ, Daily and Arena. To encourage playing a variety of content, one could earn extra currency by completing the rotating daily quests already existing. It would not mean that we wouldn't get currency from doing other content, which again gives the player the option to choose the game mode most fun to the player.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

I believe they should scale with progression/title. I think there are several other systems in game that probably should as well. In addition to the ones that already do. Items increase and decrease in value relative to your progress. As for what that looks like, the team can decide. I just think it's only fair to have more rewards scale in this game though. Similar to what was done with the objective crystals. That's a great step in the right direction.
    Another example is why do we receive level 1 potions or tier 2 basic iso as path drops on Uncollected EQ?:) Couldn't the potion and iso drops scale with the difficulty of the map? Don't think that would break the game at all:) I think small actions like that could add up and be well received by the players.
  • noldnold Posts: 30

Forgive my scepticism, but I find this very misleading. You will never put anything "Good" in those crystals, because so many summoners have a massive stash of shards (because they have been useless for so long, ironically) - and we all know how afraid you are of letting the players obtain something "Good" at a rate any greater than a trickle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

I agree with with a lot of the other posts here that if we maybe steered them to be more level-based similar to what you did with the free crystals and daily crystals, so that way the materials in there would be more beneficial but that would also mean that you guys would have to be willing to help out with giving more access to Five Star signature stones and maybe some tier 2 Alpha fragments and if you really wanted to both keep it very interesting and still make us "work for it' maybe you can throw in the possibility of an Awakening gem like you have in the current solo crystals. For the record, I'm not even uncollected yet and I'm just kind of looking at things from the natural progression of how you streamlined and evolved the aforementioned crystals in the past and just trying to think of how something like this can still be something to look forward to regardless of progression.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★

Change them to scale with the various titles of the time. Uncollected and Cavalier no longer contain XP Boosts, but instead Health, Attack, and Champion Boosts. Obviously the sig stones should be scaled too. Up the chance of T1A, and add in a small portion of T2A. So the gist of the Crystal is still the exact same, but it’s scaled according to progression
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    Feeney234 said:

The fact you need to ask this proves just how out of touch you actually are with your own community. You guys really need to get it together.... sadly, its looking very grim for the future of this game.
    And out of touch with the game itself. He does play, right? Because you wouldn't know it from posts like that.
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★

90% of my pulls from the greater solo crystals are XP boosts, which being lvl 60, go into my overflow and expire.. I’ve recently opened a batch of 150 greater solo crystals hunting t1a and got 0!!!!!! They give 3 star sig stones... I’m cavalier, those are pretty worthless bc even when I max sig a champ and pull them again it’s what, 55 4star shards for all that work.. just seems out of touch

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,355 ★★★★★

Punisher?

Thanks very much for acknowledging, by the way. If the crystals had value, then the solo Events wouldn't need changing. Although a couple more Healing potions in milestones would get folk interested.

I think enough people have pointed out the lack of value of the current Arena boosts.

Greater solo crystals already have very rare T1A crystals, so you could add in T1A shards without unbalancing the game economy. Or alternate shards such as Grandmaster it T2A crystal shards. Or alternate boosts, healing potions or some kind of currency (gold/loyalty/incursion points).

A very rare trophy champ might not be the worst idea, though. You could use someone pre-existing like 3*/4* Kang, or one of MODOK's mash-ups, without needing to develop anyone new.
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★

I think KABAM should scale solo event rewards based on progression. LSC and GSC have no value, they're garbage!

Proven: Ultimate shards
    Conqueror: 4* shards
    Uncollected: Grandmaster shards
    Cavalier: 5* shards
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    The daily crystal that involves no work at all is better than the greater solo crystal.
  • KyuffKyuff Posts: 43

I have over 40k

531.880 shards myself.
    Thats 265 crystals I wont brother opening.