**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AQ Map 6 Gold Cost is Actually Increasing...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    What’s the point of making it cheaper if you’re just going to go and remove the gold?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

Haji_Saab said:

AdixRaj said:

No one deserves any answers . It’s kabams game , they can change anything anytime they want as written in the TOS.

Can someone please explain where does the gold come from if you want to keep playing aq but can’t grind arena ?

Cash for tickets ? P2P aq ?

From the same place it came from before the change.
    Actually nope. For people who had some units and bc or just a ton of loyalty, they could earn gold slowly but steadily through AQ. 105k per week, plus smaller amounts whenever possible to do arena or through quests just by trading Gold donations with someone else. Now that option isn't there.
    You won't ever get enough to make donations just from AQ. I never traded or did arena and I made my gold donations still. If they were making gold donations before the change, they shouldn't have a problem making the ticket donations.
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

Haji_Saab said:

AdixRaj said:

No one deserves any answers . It’s kabams game , they can change anything anytime they want as written in the TOS.

Can someone please explain where does the gold come from if you want to keep playing aq but can’t grind arena ?

Actually nope. For people who had some units and bc or just a ton of loyalty, they could earn gold slowly but steadily through AQ. 105k per week, plus smaller amounts whenever possible to do arena or through quests just by trading Gold donations with someone else. Now that option isn't there.
    You won't ever get enough to make donations just from AQ. I never traded or did arena and I made my gold donations still. If they were making gold donations before the change, they shouldn't have a problem making the ticket donations.
    Not talking about Gold donations. I'm talking about a positive increase in gold. A lot of people get +ve Gold from AQ by trading other resources.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Haji_Saab said:

AdixRaj said:

Not talking about Gold donations. I'm talking about a positive increase in gold. A lot of people get +ve Gold from AQ by trading other resources.
    You can still just use more of another resource to buy tickets and save on gold
  • Options

Haji_Saab said:

AdixRaj said:

Not if you're using BC through units like before. Could do 90 units for 2 BC donations. Here I pay 75 for one. And again, if you see the difference Map 7 folks, have and the difference Map 6 has, doesn't look fair. It said that there was a significant decrease. If you spread the tickets evenly, you get 116k gold decrease, around 14k loyalty and 25-30k BC. That's over 56 days. 7 weeks of AQ to get this.
  • Options

@Kabam Miike one aim of the Alliance tickets was to reduce donations. As per the thread itself. Do you see that if you split it evenly, 25 tickets per resource, Map 6 pays more in 2 categories, and barely gets a discount in the third? Map 7 folks get reduced donations, Map 6 suffers? How does this system benefit us? Pandering to Map 7 or the top alliances while shafting the others doesn't help.

Map 6 according to @AzKicker316 is less than I ever paid for donations. When we were doing map 6x5x3 our dono's were 235k for gold.

The good thing about this is, you can use whatever resources you want to offset the others.
    Blind to the math above?
  • Options

Haji_Saab said:

AdixRaj said:

Basically negating the "net reduction" which was feeble anyways to begin with for map6. I run three accounts, i cant grind on two of them. Now i basically have to pay double what i used to pay to do map6. (since i have no gold)
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    AdixRaj said:

You: “No one deserves an answer”

Also you: (Asks a bunch of questions)

Try this on for size - I deserve an answer as much as they deserve my time and money.

Map 6 players in a 6-5-5 alliance were paying roughly 130-7-9 every 8 days. They were getting 100,000 gold back in rewards. Now they’re paying 170-20-13 and getting nothing back for at least two months...probably closer to three. @Kabam Miike did a great job breaking down some math earlier. I want to know where the numbers I’ve posted are incorrect.
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Would it have destroyed the game economy if they had just left the AQ gold rewards intact? I don't think it would have, and this would have been a nice way to help all those who are clamoring for more gold in the game.
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    just another example of being tone deaf and for god knows what reason, resenting the player base. No positive comes from this in perception but on the inverse just leaving gold rewards the way they were would have been a nice bone.
  • Options
    Haji_Saab said:

Would it have destroyed the game economy if they had just left the AQ gold rewards intact? I don't think it would have, and this would have been a nice way to help all those who are clamoring for more gold in the game.

Yes, that was pretty odd that they thought that 100k a week is going to break stuff.

Gun.Bullet.Foot.
    Especially since the game’s arc over time has been for champs to require more and more to rank up (4/55, 5/65 and 6-star being more available) and now you’re making a crucial rankup resource even more scarce for players that are trying to climb. You’re almost being forced to choose between retreating to a map 5 middle class existence or whaling out to push for full map 6 or map 7
  • Options
    AdixRajAdixRaj Posts: 114
    I tell you guys , slowly and steadily fp2 is being shown the door
  • Options

Haji_Saab said:

AdixRaj said:

Basically negating the "net reduction" which was feeble anyways to begin with for map6. I run three accounts, i cant grind on two of them. Now i basically have to pay double what i used to pay to do map6. (since i have no gold)
    If you expect game wide changes to be made for the few people that run 3 accounts but can't actually keep up with 3 accounts, well that's just pretty unrealistic
  • Options

Haji_Saab said:

AdixRaj said:

If you expect game wide changes to be made for the few people that run 3 accounts but can't actually keep up with 3 accounts, well that's just pretty unrealistic
    Keeping up? I was keeping up. I've been running three accounts on highish levels for the longest time. I can manage my resources, and trade between three/donation trading within the alliance. That is teamwork. Nobody footed my bill, I did it myself.
    with the tiered increase in donations, that is much much harder to do. I've seen you preach resource management, I manage my resources across my multiple accounts, and have had no issues so far getting ~20ish r5s and multiple r2/r3 on all of them. You think I had an issue "keeping up" before? Yes, it will slowly become an issue now.
  • Options

Haji_Saab said:

AdixRaj said:

It's more of the idea. Why remove 100k gold? Again, the entire process was made to benefit Map 7. Remove resource dumps which benefitted people at the top. It was supposed to reduce donations for Map 6 as well. But Map 7 got over 60k gold, and quite a bit of BC and Loyalty reduced. Map 6 got barely anything, and then the little gold that we got was removed as well. The game wide change i.e tickets basically helped Map 7.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,118 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Still extremely disappointed with the way the whole thing has been handled thus far tbch. That we (map 6 players) were lead to believe that we were actually receiving an impactful benefit from the new ticket system. Mostly because a key piece of information was somehow left out from the original announcement. We had to find out for ourselves that a significant amount (105k per week) of our in game gold revenue was being removed. Effectively removing almost any positive impact the new ticket system had been advertised to bring. Map 5 and 7 alliances are experiencing a positive, impactful change to their net map costs as I understand it. Map 6 players have not. Was this actually the intended outcome? Would really like some information on why the removal of the gold rewards was deemed necessary and if upon further reflection, the team still feels that it is.
  • Options

Haji_Saab said:

AdixRaj said:

It's more of the idea. Why remove 100k gold? Again, the entire process was made to benefit Map 7. Remove resource dumps which benefitted people at the top. It was supposed to reduce donations for Map 6 as well. But Map 7 got over 60k gold, and quite a bit of BC and Loyalty reduced. Map 6 got barely anything, and then the little gold that we got was removed as well. The game wide change i.e tickets basically helped Map 7.
    Would I have personally chosen to remove the gold? Probably not but I don't have a large issue with it being done personally either.

People running so many accounts like that are the exception not the norm so you can't expect the game to be balanced around those people. Gold is the only basically infinite resource available in the game. Do I understand people don't WANT to do arena or incursions? Sure, but I also don't have a ton of sympathy for those people when they're complaining about not having gold either.

Would I be up in arms if gold all of a sudden became far more abundant (the main change I'd like to see there personally is increase iso gained from 5 and 6* dupes as getting the same amount as you do from a 4* is ridiculous)? Of course not as it wouldn't affect me at all really. You just can't expect a whole lot of sympathy for not having it when you aren't using the already available means to get it.

If you can't keep up with enough arena for 3 accounts, which I don't know how anyone could, then you're running too many accounts.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Haji_Saab said:

AdixRaj said:

Would I have personally chosen to remove the gold? Probably not but I don't have a large issue with it being done personally either.

People running so many accounts like that are the exception not the norm so you can't expect the game to be balanced around those people. Gold is the only basically infinite resource available in the game. Do I understand people don't WANT to do arena or incursions? Sure, but I also don't have a ton of sympathy for those people when they're complaining about not having gold either.

Would I be up in arms if gold all of a sudden became far more abundant (the main change I'd like to see there personally is increase iso gained from 5 and 6* dupes as getting the same amount as you do from a 4* is ridiculous)? Of course not as it wouldn't affect me at all really. You just can't expect a whole lot of sympathy for not having it when you aren't using the already available means to get it.

If you can't keep up with enough arena for 3 accounts, which I don't know how anyone could, then you're running too many accounts.
    Leave 3 accounts aside. I don't run more than 1. But just because you may have the time or Patience to run arena doesn't mean everyone has. You may have a ton of gold so removing it doesn't affect you, but that doesn't mean it's right. The reasoning given is complete rubbish by Kabam and doesn't match whatever they said when they spoke about tickets.
    Again, this ticket system benefitted people at the top. Map 6 got shafted when it came to resources. The only good thing was being able to select what resource to use. Multiple accounts aside.
    Not using the means to get it can also mean that noone should ever complain about RNG. Their is a way to get a 5* champ or 6* champ. Throw a ton of cash or spend 3 days without sleep to grind out a champ in arena. Can't complain about catalyst pulls because all you need to do is get good and come first in war every season. You'll get the rewards.
  • Options

Haji_Saab said:

AdixRaj said:

Leave 3 accounts aside. I don't run more than 1. But just because you may have the time or Patience to run arena doesn't mean everyone has. You may have a ton of gold so removing it doesn't affect you, but that doesn't mean it's right. The reasoning given is complete rubbish by Kabam and doesn't match whatever they said when they spoke about tickets.
    Again, this ticket system benefitted people at the top. Map 6 got shafted when it came to resources. The only good thing was being able to select what resource to use. Multiple accounts aside.
    Not using the means to get it can also mean that noone should ever complain about RNG. Their is a way to get a 5* champ or 6* champ. Throw a ton of cash or spend 3 days without sleep to grind out a champ in arena. Can't complain about catalyst pulls because all you need to do is get good and come first in war every season. You'll get the rewards.
    That's the thing though, you always pay in one or a combination of currency in this game, time or money. If you're unwilling or unable to spend either well you can't exactly complain about being behind.

I don't complain about RNG. I pretty much laugh it off and move on. These are all core parts of this game and if you have a large issue with them then you're playing the wrong game honestly.

The cost of running map 6 is easily manageable without hour upon hour in the arena or money so I'm sorry if I don't feel like this is some massive injustice.
  • Options

Haji_Saab said:

AdixRaj said:

That's the thing though, you always pay in one or a combination of currency in this game, time or money. If you're unwilling or unable to spend either well you can't exactly complain about being behind.

I don't complain about RNG. I pretty much laugh it off and move on. These are all core parts of this game and if you have a large issue with them then you're playing the wrong game honestly.

The cost of running map 6 is easily manageable without hour upon hour in the arena or money so I'm sorry if I don't feel like this is some massive injustice.
    That's your opinion. As I said, might be easy for you, need not be easy to manage all the time for others. Giving 105k Gold wasn't groundbreaking for them. Pretty sure that small amount of gold would help many more than they think.
    Tbh then if all you need to invest is time in arena or money, then Kabam never needs to do change anything in the game. Keep content as hard as possible. Throw money at it or grind arena and throw units at it. Make each fight only possible by 1-2 champs. Want the champ? Grind arena or throw money. That logic doesn't work all the time.
    It's not about being behind. People will find out ways to manage. It's about the principle.
  • Options
    OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★

The math here is incorrect and is looking at 7-day Donations on an 8-day cycle. You need to look at the cost for a single cycle to compare. That's 5-Days vs 5-Days. Or, you need to apply the same 12.5% Discount to both.

If you purchase 25 tickets with Gold, the cost is 170 185 Gold. In the previous system, donations costs for a 6x5 with an equal split of treasury (divide each resource by 30), the donation cost would be 291 667. Including the gold you receive back if all 3 BGs were able to get Conqueror Rewards, it would be 186 669. That's a difference of 16,484 gold per cycle of Alliance Quests.

If I’m understanding you correctly you’re saying it’s only 16,484 gold cheaper ?
    If that’s the case, there’s not much difference between then and now. One of the three objectives of AQ tickets was reduce costs. Yes. You’re reducing them, but I wouldn’t count this as accomplishing that objective.
  • Options

Haji_Saab said:

AdixRaj said:

That's your opinion. As I said, might be easy for you, need not be easy to manage all the time for others. Giving 105k Gold wasn't groundbreaking for them. Pretty sure that small amount of gold would help many more than they think.
    Tbh then if all you need to invest is time in arena or money, then Kabam never needs to do change anything in the game. Keep content as hard as possible. Throw money at it or grind arena and throw units at it. Make each fight only possible by 1-2 champs. Want the champ? Grind arena or throw money. That logic doesn't work all the time.
    It's not about being behind. People will find out ways to manage. It's about the principle.
    I didn't say time in arena specifically, I said time. Also applies to broadening rosters, ranking champs, farming pots and revives, etc...

But go ahead and twist what I said to make excuses for people. I honestly don't care what they do with gold either way but it gets really old seeing people cry about a problem they create themselves
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Haji_Saab said:

AdixRaj said:

I didn't say time in arena specifically, I said time. Also applies to broadening rosters, ranking champs, farming pots and revives, etc...

But go ahead and twist what I said to make excuses for people. I honestly don't care what they do with gold either way but it gets really old seeing people cry about a problem they create themselves
    My main point is about gold. Farming potions and revives is a separate topic. That's something you do if you want to reduce unit usage and links with broadening roster. Ranking champs requires gold. Something that the main source of is BC/arena.
    We get it. You have a ton of gold or time to get it. The issue doesn't affect you. Good for you. Doesn't mean that others should just sit back and accept everything. The game is supposed to be played for fun. If they keep changing things without discussion, then the game doesn't stay that way.
  • Options
    SvejkSvejk Posts: 8
    I don’t understand why Kabam feels the need to penalize players for using more of one resource when exchanging for tickets. Not sure how this is coherent with the original announcement of introducing the tickets. It was clearly stated that the purpose was to give players better management of their resources yet if you are lacking one you end up paying much more of another. Gold is a definite issue for most of the players since ranking and level up are very expensive in terms of gold. Before the tickets being introduced gold was already an issue, now it will get to a point where very few people grinding arena will be able to rank champions. With that in mind not sure what will be motivation to keep going.
  • Options
    They still won’t say how they’re going to fix this for mixed map groups.
  • Options
    Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    U need to increase the amount off gold n bc u get in map 6 its bad right now u get more bc off map 5 lol
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Onmix said:

The math here is incorrect and is looking at 7-day Donations on an 8-day cycle. You need to look at the cost for a single cycle to compare. That's 5-Days vs 5-Days. Or, you need to apply the same 12.5% Discount to both.

If you purchase 25 tickets with Gold, the cost is 170 185 Gold. In the previous system, donations costs for a 6x5 with an equal split of treasury (divide each resource by 30), the donation cost would be 291 667. Including the gold you receive back if all 3 BGs were able to get Conqueror Rewards, it would be 186 669. That's a difference of 16,484 gold per cycle of Alliance Quests.

If I’m understanding you correctly you’re saying it’s only 16,484 gold cheaper ?
    If that’s the case, there’s not much difference between then and now. One of the three objectives of AQ tickets was reduce costs. Yes. You’re reducing them, but I wouldn’t count this as accomplishing that objective.

• Options

Onmix said:

That means that the other two donations don't change. Technically I can make Gold zero as well. But we're talking about the idea that there was supposed to be a significant decrease in donations as Kabam said by splitting donations. If you split it evenly, you don't get much of a difference