**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Allow me to earn more Gold

Comments

• Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

gohard123 said:

xNig said:

gohard123 said:

They have improved gold acquisition greatly with incursions so I dont mind anymore. Arena is such a bad game mode IMO. Spending 2 hours a day for crumbs when that same amount of time invested in other games gives you much better returns. 14 hrs a week and breaking even on the games most common currency is terrible

There’s units as well....

2 hours a day in arena? Do you have any lull periods in your day that you’re doing something that can accommodate a concurrent activity (like watching television, walking from point A to B, cycling in the gym)?

The 12+k units you see on my screenshot were all grinded for. Waiting for July 4th to drop.
    Arena is balanced for Unit gain. It makes total sense with the amount of time spent and the amount of units gained. But gold? unfortunately not.
    Nah. All calculations only include the "guaranteed" portion of gold. There's a large "unguaranteed" portion in opening the BCs as well that people seem to conveniently ignore.
    Yep roughly 800k per month just from the first few milestones per arena excluding the 1-2* arenas and the T4B T1A arenas.
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    xNig said:

gohard123 said:

xNig said:

gohard123 said:

They have improved gold acquisition greatly with incursions so I dont mind anymore. Arena is such a bad game mode IMO. Spending 2 hours a day for crumbs when that same amount of time invested in other games gives you much better returns. 14 hrs a week and breaking even on the games most common currency is terrible

2 hours a day in arena? Do you have any lull periods in your day that you’re doing something that can accommodate a concurrent activity (like watching television, walking from point A to B, cycling in the gym)?

The 12+k units you see on my screenshot were all grinded for. Waiting for July 4th to drop.
    Arena is balanced for Unit gain. It makes total sense with the amount of time spent and the amount of units gained. But gold? unfortunately not.
    Nah. All calculations only include the "guaranteed" portion of gold. There's a large "unguaranteed" portion in opening the BCs as well that people seem to conveniently ignore.
    I disagree. Like I said even with 14 hrs a week the gold isnt worth it (milestones + BCs)
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

xNig said:

gohard123 said:

xNig said:

gohard123 said:

Yep roughly 800k per month just from the first few milestones per arena excluding the 1-2* arenas and the T4B T1A arenas.
    is 800k a month - rankups - AQ worth it?
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

I play arena regularly and I have 3 r2 6 star gems that I cannot use right away because I would be completely out of gold. Yes you can farm gold and you can to hold your rankups but that's just not fun. I don't like the idea of holding my rankups especially when I didn't have to for the first 4 years of playing this game and I do the same amount of arena grinding that I've always done.

Kabam needs to double the iso for 6 star dups and increase the amount of iso by 50% for 5 star dups. This would actually solve the gold issue or they can cut 5 star and 6 star rank ups in half. Its just getting to the point that gold will no longer be sustainable when 6 stars shards are as available as 5 star shards are now.

"Fun" is subjective. Personally, I find that being selective on my rank ups and managing my resources well is part and parcel of the game, together with managing alliances, pushing for AQ and AW etc. All these constitutes the entire game and you can't have one without the other.

We can agree to disagree on what constitutes "fun". =)
    I checked your profile out and you play a lot more arena than I do which is why you have the opinion that you do. I'm telling you right now with your 96 million in gold when r3 6 stars become readily accessible (and you will be among the first to have them) you will have gold issues similar to mine. I just hit the point sooner because I don't play quite as much arena as you do.

The only people with an abundance of gold in about 2 years will be whales if Kabam doesn't change the game economy and you're not a whale from your prestige and your pride in not spending.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    gohard123 said:

xNig said:

gohard123 said:

xNig said:

gohard123 said:

I disagree. Like I said even with 14 hrs a week the gold isnt worth it (milestones + BCs)
    Maybe we have different priorities.

Grinding arena gets me units, most importantly.

The side benefits are:
    1. It gives me more gold than I spend since I only rank up champs during Level Up events (which is twice a week at most).
    2. It gives me shards to open more 4/5* crystals, which directly translates to more ISO that can be sold for more gold. (I have ISOs expiring everyday).

So in short, most calculations that attempt to predict how much gold is given by arena is pretty inaccurately low.

For a 3 day arena (just based on the first 3 milestones), you get:
    Gold: 17.5k (3*) + 23k (4*B) + 30.75k (4*F) + 38k (5*) = 109.25k
    BCs: 2k (3*) + 3k (4*B) + 4.5k (4*F) + 5.5k (5*) = 15k BCs

Over the 8 arenas in a span of a month, it adds up to 874k Gold + 120k BCs. That's the BARE MINIMUM.

If someone needs more gold on a monthly basis, then it's expected that they will have to do more arena for it. There's no substitute for hard work. It's already been proven by the number of times a "Gold Quest" has been introduced that it's a band-aid for many players.

People who don't balance their resources, who aren't patient, who feel obligated to rank up every single champ they get, who don't balance their gold in and outs, who don't plan their rank ups, will ALWAYS have a shortage of gold.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited June 2020
    So I agree that it is farmable but the time commitment to farm is to much.

Unless you are going to not perform basic rank ups and only rank up very select champs then you have to grind lower arena milestones in order to routinely rank up.

For a while I ran 1.5 M 4* basic, 4.5 mil 4* featured and 9 mil 5* featured and doing this allowed me to maintain net neutral over the course of 4 months from December to April with regular ranking up for level up events. I would oscillate between 23mil and 25 mil in this time period.

The time commitment here is not small and doesn’t fit in small increments to hit these numbers. You needed to do at least 4 hours a day of just arena to pull this off I would estimate. And that kept me neutral.

Needed a break as the grind burnt me out of arena and with just minimal arena grinding my account is down 10 mil gold since I stoped over 2 months. That is a huge negative.

I get the need to grind resources but when you spend probably an 1-2 hours a day in Alliance events and another 2-3 hours a day questing do we really needs another 4 hours a day in arena to maintain neutral on gold if you are consistently ranking up. Doesn’t that seem kind of absurd. Not to mention incursions as well.

Also one add is since I took a break from arena I stopped regularly ranking up and I’m still down 10 mil gold
  • Options
    Ken1378Ken1378 Posts: 279 ★★★
    xNig said:

gohard123 said:

xNig said:

gohard123 said:

xNig said:

gohard123 said:

The side benefits are:
    1. It gives me more gold than I spend since I only rank up champs during Level Up events (which is twice a week at most).
    2. It gives me shards to open more 4/5* crystals, which directly translates to more ISO that can be sold for more gold. (I have ISOs expiring everyday).

So in short, most calculations that attempt to predict how much gold is given by arena is pretty inaccurately low.

Over the 8 arenas in a span of a month, it adds up to 874k Gold + 120k BCs. That's the BARE MINIMUM.

If someone needs more gold on a monthly basis, then it's expected that they will have to do more arena for it. There's no substitute for hard work. It's already been proven by the number of times a "Gold Quest" has been introduced that it's a band-aid for many players.

People who don't balance their resources, who aren't patient, who feel obligated to rank up every single champ they get, who don't balance their gold in and outs, who don't plan their rank ups, will ALWAYS have a shortage of gold.
    Balance? You have 90 million gold, you're not balancing anything. Lol. As far as I can tell, you're hoarding gold so you can wear it like a badge of honour. Which is probably why you've posted screenshots of your gold balance on the forums multiple times. And I don't mean that as criticism, btw. You do you, bro.

But I also looked up your profile and you have 287,000 PVP wins. So at 1 minute per win (which I realize it likely a high-ish estimate, but if you factor in log-in time, selecting champs, clicking between screen after wins, collecting resources, opening BC crystals, and even the occasional loss, I don't think it's totally unreasonable) you've put in roughly 4,800 hours grinding Arenas. So put another way, if you've been playing for 4 years, that's 23 hours a week EVERY SINGLE WEEK! Lol, that's just not a reasonable time commitment for most players to put into just one mode of this game.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Ken1378 said:

xNig said:

gohard123 said:

xNig said:

gohard123 said:

xNig said:

gohard123 said:

The side benefits are:

Balance? You have 90 million gold, you're not balancing anything. Lol. As far as I can tell, you're hoarding gold so you can wear it like a badge of honour. Which is probably why you've posted screenshots of your gold balance on the forums multiple times. And I don't mean that as criticism, btw. You do you, bro.

But I also looked up your profile and you have 287,000 PVP wins. So at 1 minute per win (which I realize it likely a high-ish estimate, but if you factor in log-in time, selecting champs, clicking between screen after wins, collecting resources, opening BC crystals, and even the occasional loss, I don't think it's totally unreasonable) you've put in roughly 4,800 hours grinding Arenas. So put another way, if you've been playing for 4 years, that's 23 hours a week EVERY SINGLE WEEK! Lol, that's just not a reasonable time commitment for most players to put into just one mode of this game.
    I have a net positive income in gold, despite my rank ups. That’s balancing your rank ups.

There was a period of time (when my account had a 4* R3 rocket as the top champ) that I went crazy on arena.

Nowadays I just chill and clock about 200 rounds of fights over 3 days. That’s 200 a day, for about 100+mins, as my fights end in less than 30s.

Every night I spend about an hour to an hour plus to unwind watching television, catch up on Netflix etc, that’s where the time is spent, at no additional cost since I’ll be watching television at that time regardless.
  • Options
    gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Gold is the most easy resource to get? I'm not so sure about that. Not without some serious farming. Excessive farming contributes to player burnout. Unless of course, you do not have a life outside of the GAME. I would recommend that Kabam just make the rewards for doing the events/story more rewarding from the gold aspect.

“Do not have a life outside of the game”?

That’s just the most convenient excuse someone lazy would use.

I have 2 school going kids (aged 6 and 8), work, and still find pockets of time to make sure I don’t run low on the ONLY infinitely farmable resource in the game. I don’t buy Cavs or Odins as well.

(Not the first time I’ve sent a screenshot of my gold balance. You’ll see that despite my rank ups, my gold always maintains around the 90m mark.)
    Looks like someone took full advantage of the gifting event exploit to me.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/V8PMd3PG2_Q

7 mins, 4 rounds, 350k points, 4*F arena. When did I do this? When I went out of my house to smoke a cigarette.
  • Options

xNig said:

Gold is the most easy resource to get? I'm not so sure about that. Not without some serious farming. Excessive farming contributes to player burnout. Unless of course, you do not have a life outside of the GAME. I would recommend that Kabam just make the rewards for doing the events/story more rewarding from the gold aspect.

“Do not have a life outside of the game”?

That’s just the most convenient excuse someone lazy would use.

I have 2 school going kids (aged 6 and 8), work, and still find pockets of time to make sure I don’t run low on the ONLY infinitely farmable resource in the game. I don’t buy Cavs or Odins as well.

(Not the first time I’ve sent a screenshot of my gold balance. You’ll see that despite my rank ups, my gold always maintains around the 90m mark.)
    Looks like someone took full advantage of the gifting event exploit to me.
    Lol. I wish. Seems like you have no idea what you’re talking about.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Personally speaking, I never tried to get gold.
    I just complete regular content and play the arenas till the milestones, for units. Never had gold problems for the last 5 years.
    However, I only level up and rank up champions during the level up solo event, which I always complete it.
    Point is, if you manage your rank up's and actually "play the game", you shouldn't have gold problems. Is one resource that I always ignore and forget that is something in the game, except for the times when I open crystals for champions, shards or units and get gold
  • Options
    xNig said:

Ken1378 said:

xNig said:

gohard123 said:

xNig said:

gohard123 said:

xNig said:

gohard123 said:

The side be

I have a net positive income in gold, despite my rank ups. That’s balancing your rank ups.

There was a period of time (when my account had a 4* R3 rocket as the top champ) that I went crazy on arena.

Nowadays I just chill and clock about 200 rounds of fights over 3 days. That’s 200 a day, for about 100+mins, as my fights end in less than 30s.

Every night I spend about an hour to an hour plus to unwind watching television, catch up on Netflix etc, that’s where the time is spent, at no additional cost since I’ll be watching television at that time regardless.
    Yeah, I think you're underestimating the amount of time you spend on it. Even with my best champs in that Arena level, I can't get my time under 30 seconds per fight when you include clicking through screens. And that's starting the clock once I'm already in the Arenas. If I have to use 4r's or r3's and bait out a special, then it's a minute easy. And that doesn't even include collecting rewards and opening crystals.

But regardless, even 100 minutes every single day is not reasonable for most people for just one mode of this game.
  • Options
    xNig said:

7 mins, 4 rounds, 350k points, 4*F arena. When did I do this? When I went out of my house to smoke a cigarette.

Lol, you're using your best champs. And 12 fights in 7 mins is still not 30 seconds per fight. Anyway, good luck to you. Keep grinding those Arenas.
  • Options
    AromaticCoffeeAromaticCoffee Posts: 34
    @xNig out of curiosity would you be willing to show your screen time? I would like to see how much time someone who grinds arena a lot if spending. I also have 2 kids (3 &5), a 50 hr a week job and I barely have time to do any arena grinding ever. Being awake for 16 hrs a day and 10 of them are work, and hour of driving to and from, hour for dinner, hour or two of time with the family leaves almost 1-2 hours for me to play in game and usually that time isnt spent doing arena. I cant see how you could possibly have time for that much gaming and still be a good employee and present parent.

• Options
    Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 381 ★★
    Ken1378 said:

xNig said:

Ken1378 said:

xNig said:

gohard123 said:

xNig said:

gohard123 said:

xNig said:

gohard123 said:

The side be

Yeah, I think you're underestimating the amount of time you spend on it. Even with my best champs in that Arena level, I can't get my time under 30 seconds per fight when you include clicking through screens. And that's starting the clock once I'm already in the Arenas. If I have to use 4r's or r3's and bait out a special, then it's a minute easy. And that doesn't even include collecting rewards and opening crystals.

But regardless, even 100 minutes every single day is not reasonable for most people for just one mode of this game.
    I agree with you but the only way to rank up our champs is gold and what we're getting without any extra efforts isn't enough and that's the problem
  • Options
    Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 381 ★★

This was my treasury at the start of the month.

And this is my treasury right now. I'm pretty convinced that is my only way
  • Options
    AromaticCoffeeAromaticCoffee Posts: 34
    I will add that MANY studies and surveys have been done to determine the amount of time that the average gamer spends playing games each week and it is typically just under 8 hours a week.

I think that typically people who are in these forums would probably be higher than that but regardless of that, the game should be sustainable at that assumed weekly average if you want to retain the majority of your player base (average ppl). There is no way the average person can/will spend the amount of time necessary to grind arena in order to support the account growth that can be accomplished through rank up resource acquisition from standard in-game rewards.
  • Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    xNig said:

Werewrym said:

Infinitely farmable sure... But also infinitely mind numbing... I have resigned to the fact that I loathe arena, and will not be acquiring gold through that means. It really depends on the person because I legitimately cannot play arena. Plus the amount I would need to play each day is just insane for me. Even spending 30 minutes a day would be too much.

I generally do 12+m 5*F / 4m 4*F / 1.5m 4*B over 3 days.

Main problem is people use “life” as an excuse to be lazy (similar to how “work can be tiring and I don’t have the energy to exercise”), then put the blame on someone else.
    Main problem is people use their life as an excuse to say other people is lazy. You are spending HOURS every day
    grinding arena, then you have AW, AQ, monthly missions, story... what else? Good for you but that's not exaclty easy for everyone. I used to grind arenas everytime, now I can barely run the arena on Sunday. It's a game, life has other priorities.

Real problem is rewards are strongly outdated. They made some changes in crystal shards and "cats" but we still get gold rewards for stuff that was made when 3* ruled the game

• Options
    Ken1378 said:

xNig said:

Lol, you're using your best champs. And 12 fights in 7 mins is still not 30 seconds per fight. Anyway, good luck to you. Keep grinding those Arenas.
    I only use my best champs to grind arena. They’re the most efficient. 12 fights over 420 seconds averages out to 35 seconds per fight, inclusive of load time, champ selection, claiming rewards.

I’m sorry that you have to resort to picking bones out of eggs for this.
  • Options

@xNig out of curiosity would you be willing to show your screen time? I would like to see how much time someone who grinds arena a lot if spending. I also have 2 kids (3 &5), a 50 hr a week job and I barely have time to do any arena grinding ever. Being awake for 16 hrs a day and 10 of them are work, and hour of driving to and from, hour for dinner, hour or two of time with the family leaves almost 1-2 hours for me to play in game and usually that time isnt spent doing arena. I cant see how you could possibly have time for that much gaming and still be a good employee and present parent.

Oooohhh.. just found out about that function for iPhone and enabled it. Will need some time to monitor it though.
  • Options

Based on estimation, I should be done with 4*B in another 17-18 rounds.

That brings my total number of rounds over 3 days to 48 + 50 + 86 = 184 rounds.

A rough (higher) estimate is 2 mins per round, inclusive of load time, rewards claiming etc, so that’s 368mins, or 6 hours and 8 mins, which is around 2 hours daily.

Less the 1-1.5 hours a night from television, I only need to spend small pockets of 3-6 pockets of 10 minutes in a day to grind a little (and I definitely smoke than 3-6x a day). Most of these pockets come from the time I have to send then pick my kids up from school (generally it’s either going or coming from school when without the kid).

AQ and AW takes up some of those pockets since my alliance run Map 6 and is currently in P2. But the rough idea is there. Fit the grind into your schedule and things will work out.

I generally grind a little more on the first 2 days, so I get the third day off to do some other stuffs like AW planning, clearing quests etc. (Side note: I save energy refills from the previous month so I have around 10+ spare refills for the new UC, that is done on the one of the days when I’m more free, or during Crystal Trove arena days. Master and below is being auto played with the natural energy gain.)

It’s always harder at the start as you try to fit grinding into your day to day schedule. But once you get the correct balance, it’s golden and it doesn’t become a chore. No one is asking you to sit down, concentrate fully for 2-3 hours, to grind arena.